PDA

View Full Version : Gay ppl to blame for Hurricane Harvey, say evangelical Christian leaders

Bill
09-08-2017, 11:16 AM
A number of Christian leaders have blamed LGBT people for causing Hurricane Harvey. (https://www.yahoo.com/news/gay-people-blame-hurricane-harvey-192154845.html)

Despite overwhelming evidence that supports climate change as a factor in the devastating storm and subsequent flooding, a handful of evangelical leaders have ludicrously suggested the LGBT community are to blame.

Related Searches
Evangel Christian AcademyEvangelical Lutheran Church In AmericaChristian Leaders Institute
Minister Kevin Swanson, who holds notoriously homophobic views, said Houston had sinned by having a "very, very aggressively pro-homosexual mayor."

“Jesus sends the message home, unless Americans repent, unless Houston repents, unless New Orleans repents, they will all likewise perish,” he told his radio show. “That is the message that the Lord Jesus Christ is sending home right now to America.”

His comments come just days after Christian radio personality Rick Wiles linked Houston's progressive attitudes with the storm.

"Here’s a city that has boasted of its LGBT devotion, its affinity for the sexual perversion movement in America. They’re underwater," he said.

Ann Coulter, right wing media pundit and climate change sceptic, also weighed in to the debate.

"I don't believe Hurricane Harvey is God's punishment for Houston electing a lesbian mayor. But that is more credible than 'climate change'," she wrote on Twitter.

But her comments were met with a punchy comeback from Annise Parker, a former mayor of Houston who was one of the first across the US to hold a position of power and be openly gay.

"Darn it, I thought no one knew I had a super power over weather," she wrote.

Русский агент
09-08-2017, 11:51 AM
Did you slam any Muslims when many of them said Hurricane Katrina was a soldier of Allah, silly Billy?

"The Terrorist Katrina is One of the Soldiers of Allah"

http://www.news24.com/World/News/Katrina-was-Allahs-soldier-20050904

We both know that you did not.

Your selective outrage is reserved for Christians, silly Billy.

Thus is your hypocrisy revealed.

Phantasmal
09-08-2017, 11:52 AM
A number of Christian leaders have blamed LGBT people for causing Hurricane Harvey. (https://www.yahoo.com/news/gay-people-blame-hurricane-harvey-192154845.html)

Despite overwhelming evidence that supports climate change as a factor in the devastating storm and subsequent flooding, a handful of evangelical leaders have ludicrously suggested the LGBT community are to blame.

Related Searches
Evangel Christian AcademyEvangelical Lutheran Church In AmericaChristian Leaders Institute
Minister Kevin Swanson, who holds notoriously homophobic views, said Houston had sinned by having a "very, very aggressively pro-homosexual mayor."

“Jesus sends the message home, unless Americans repent, unless Houston repents, unless New Orleans repents, they will all likewise perish,” he told his radio show. “That is the message that the Lord Jesus Christ is sending home right now to America.”

His comments come just days after Christian radio personality Rick Wiles linked Houston's progressive attitudes with the storm.

"Here’s a city that has boasted of its LGBT devotion, its affinity for the sexual perversion movement in America. They’re underwater," he said.

Ann Coulter, right wing media pundit and climate change sceptic, also weighed in to the debate.

"I don't believe Hurricane Harvey is God's punishment for Houston electing a lesbian mayor. But that is more credible than 'climate change'," she wrote on Twitter.

But her comments were met with a punchy comeback from Annise Parker, a former mayor of Houston who was one of the first across the US to hold a position of power and be openly gay.

"Darn it, I thought no one knew I had a super power over weather," she wrote.
Read up on this guys, he's a religious extremist. Christian Taliban

Русский агент
09-08-2017, 12:03 PM
Read up on this guys, he's a religious extremist. Christian Taliban

Of course you don't seem to condemn any Muslim religious extremists when they utter similar sentiments, do you, Stupid Moderator?

Get back to fluffing liberals, you mangy hypocrite. It's all you're good for, and they seem to like it.

MAGA MAN
09-08-2017, 12:06 PM

"Darn it, I thought no one knew I had a super power over weather," she wrote.[/SIZE][/B]

This is funny. Coulter says explicitly that she doesn't believe this shit, then the lesbo mayor insinuates otherwise. LOL

Bill
09-08-2017, 12:15 PM
I guess Ann just wants attention....

Русский агент
09-08-2017, 12:26 PM
This is funny. Coulter says explicitly that she doesn't believe this shit, then the lesbo mayor insinuates otherwise. LOL

Houston's mayor is a man, isn't he? :dunno:

Maybe he identifies as a lesbian.

Русский агент
09-08-2017, 12:27 PM
I guess Ann just wants attention....

I guess you do too, silly Billy.

Have you ever condemned any Muslims for things they said and did?

Stretch
09-08-2017, 12:52 PM
God gives warning after warning for people to repent. Some will soften their hearts and do so, others will ball up their fists with even more anger towards him and refuse his free gift of salvation.
Cases in point. Sodom and Gomorrah who God utterly destroyed. Or in the days of Noah, only 8 human beings believed and were saved. The rest he wiped off the face of the earth.

The Lord is not slow to fulfill His promise as some understand slowness, but is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
2Peter 3:9

One would have to be blind not to see how our country (and the world) has shoved God to the back burner, rejecting his Son, his sovereignty, his commandments, his love, his grace, his mercy, his forgiveness. Even when a simple human being rejects another human being's offer of love over and over...at some point that offer is rescinded and they turn away from the person who constantly rejects them.
You want to sow a chasm between you and the Lord? You will reap exactly what you want.

Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.
Galatians 6:7

Русский агент
09-08-2017, 01:08 PM
I have seen many posts on social media gleefully concluding that God punishes states that Trump carried in 2016 by sending hurricanes.

I don't see attention-craving silly Billy or his hypocritical friends denouncing those sentiments.

I think I know the reason.

domer76
09-09-2017, 11:51 AM
God gives warning after warning for people to repent. Some will soften their hearts and do so, others will ball up their fists with even more anger towards him and refuse his free gift of salvation.
Cases in point. Sodom and Gomorrah who God utterly destroyed. Or in the days of Noah, only 8 human beings believed and were saved. The rest he wiped off the face of the earth.

The Lord is not slow to fulfill His promise as some understand slowness, but is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
2Peter 3:9

One would have to be blind not to see how our country (and the world) has shoved God to the back burner, rejecting his Son, his sovereignty, his commandments, his love, his grace, his mercy, his forgiveness. Even when a simple human being rejects another human being's offer of love over and over...at some point that offer is rescinded and they turn away from the person who constantly rejects them.
You want to sow a chasm between you and the Lord? You will reap exactly what you want.

Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.
Galatians 6:7
"The Bible is the word of God"
"How can you be sure it's the word of God?"
"Because the Bible tells us so"
"Why believe the Bible?
"The Bible is infallible"
"How do you know it's infallible?"...

(Return to top)

Русский агент
09-09-2017, 12:06 PM
"The liberal-infested media is the word of truth"
"How can you be sure it's the word of truth?"
"Because the liberal-infested media tells us so"
"Why believe the liberal-infested media?
"The liberal-infested media is infallible"
"How do you know it's infallible?"...

(Return to top)

FTFY. :rofl2: