PDA

View Full Version : Lebanon Crisis: The Moment of Truth Has Come for Bush

tianabautre
07-25-2006, 07:27 PM
http://www.arabnews.com/?page=7&section=0&article=84397&d=26&m=7&y=2006

"US policy should make no exceptions, for the Arabs or Israelis, when it comes to the disproportionate use of force, indiscriminate warfare whose primary victims (those killed, injured or displaced) are innocent civilians not terrorists, as well as collective punishment and the massive violation of human rights. "

We're going to pay dearly

Beefy
07-25-2006, 07:45 PM
This is about to become our war. Bush is a radical evangelical who thinks the Bible is the real guide to live by. Hence, anything Israel ever wants becomes US policy in the Middle East because it is the promised land. Its been that way since 48.

In not too much time, our boys will be dying over there. Mark my words.

Jarod
07-25-2006, 07:51 PM
This is about to become our war. Bush is a radical evangelical who thinks the Bible is the real guide to live by. Hence, anything Israel ever wants becomes US policy in the Middle East because it is the promised land. Its been that way since 48.

In not too much time, our boys will be dying over there. Mark my words.

Maybe a Democratic Congress in 07' would be able to prevent that. :mad:

Beefy
07-25-2006, 08:00 PM
Maybe a Democratic Congress in 07' would be able to prevent that. :mad:

Are you kidding me? John Kerry was boasting that as a Senator he voted 100% pro-Israel, that tells me that he's the same way. This is a totally black and white issue, and the vast, vast majority of Democrats are so pro-Israel that it wouldn't change for shit. Their wars are our wars, Republican, Democrat whatever. This would become our war no matter what. Bush is just putting biblical reasons behind his interventionism.

BRUTALITOPS
07-25-2006, 08:01 PM
tiana, what do you think happens when hezbollah (sp) hides their weapons and munitions in civilian areas and mosques?

Jarod
07-25-2006, 08:02 PM
Are you kidding me? John Kerry was boasting that as a Senator he voted 100% pro-Israel, that tells me that he's the same way. This is a totally black and white issue, and the vast, vast majority of Democrats are so pro-Israel that it wouldn't change for shit. Their wars are our wars, Republican, Democrat whatever. This would become our war no matter what. Bush is just putting biblical reasons behind his interventionism.

Maybe but I dont think Kerry would choose Isreal over the UN...

I think tonight Isreal finally bit off more than they can chew. I was with them till tonight.:confused:

BRUTALITOPS
07-25-2006, 08:04 PM
first I am not sure if there is concrete proof yet that they purposely bombed u.n. peacekeepers. Secondly, well, this is obviously my opinion and an extreme one, but as I said earlier, I like the fact that they killed U.N. peacekeepers.

Beefy
07-25-2006, 08:05 PM
Maybe but I dont think Kerry would choose Isreal over the UN...

I think tonight Isreal finally bit off more than they can chew. I was with them till tonight.:confused:

I guarantee you he would. There's probably only a handful of politicians on every level in this country that will not unconditionally take Israels side. Its the sacred cow or something. Look it up yourself. Politicians who speak out againsy our unwaverin, unconditional support for Israel no matter what, either don't get elected, or the get voted out. Its almost a prerquisite. John Kerry is right there with Clinton. Remember when Bill said he'd pick up a gun and fight in the trenches on Israel's side? That's the landscape. Look it up.

Its only a matter of time now before someone calls me anti-semetic.

Beefy
07-25-2006, 08:08 PM
first I am not sure if there is concrete proof yet that they purposely bombed u.n. peacekeepers. Secondly, well, this is obviously my opinion and an extreme one, but as I said earlier, I like the fact that they killed U.N. peacekeepers.

Why on Earth would you say that? Do you really like the prospect of escalating war? You know, I believe at some point, the volitility of the situation is going to make our pussy politicians send in Americans to die in the war that's not ours. This is a stepping stone to that.

Do you think Americans should die for this fight too?

Jarod
07-25-2006, 08:10 PM
I guarantee you he would. There's probably only a handful of politicians on every level in this country that will not unconditionally take Israels side. Its the sacred cow or something. Look it up yourself. Politicians who speak out againsy our unwaverin, unconditional support for Israel no matter what, either don't get elected, or the get voted out. Its almost a prerquisite. John Kerry is right there with Clinton. Remember when Bill said he'd pick up a gun and fight in the trenches on Israel's side? That's the landscape. Look it up.

Its only a matter of time now before someone calls me anti-semetic.

Sennator Clinton spoke out on Palistine's right to exist and against Isreals preventing such... And she subsiquently was elected sennator from New York.

tianabautre
07-25-2006, 08:11 PM
tiana, what do you think happens when hezbollah (sp) hides their weapons and munitions in civilian areas and mosques?

Well what do you think is going to happen when you displace 700K civilians, kill hundreds and destroy a country's infrastructure?

BRUTALITOPS
07-25-2006, 08:12 PM
Why on Earth would you say that? Do you really like the prospect of escalating war? You know, I believe at some point, the volitility of the situation is going to make our pussy politicians send in Americans to die in the war that's not ours. This is a stepping stone to that.

Do you think Americans should die for this fight too?

It depends if it ends up concerning us. I can't really predict that at this point. Obviously if the war didn't have much of an effect on us, I would like us to stay out.

But don't play the whole 'do I think americans should die for this fight too when you were with me on iraq and left with me on iraq. We were in on that one together mbl, less you forget.

Beefy
07-25-2006, 08:12 PM
Sennator Clinton spoke out on Palistine's right to exist and against Isreals preventing such... And she subsiquently was elected sennator from New York.

Give me a quote. I'll bet you it was the biggest soft peddaling pile of bullshit. Nobody, NOBODY criticizes Israel and gets elected to federal office.

Dig up the quote, sight unseen I'll bet that there is not critique of Israel whatsoever. 10 to one.

Beefy
07-25-2006, 08:18 PM
It depends if it ends up concerning us. I can't really predict that at this point. Obviously if the war didn't have much of an effect on us, I would like us to stay out.

But don't play the whole 'do I think americans should die for this fight too when you were with me on iraq and left with me on iraq. We were in on that one together mbl, less you forget.

"LEST you forget." I've learned a shitload in the last couple of years, and I had a certain indifference to the Iraq thing initially. Anyhow, I didn't join politics.com until October of '03, 6 months after Iraq had begun, and sadly, only a few short weeks after Johnny Cash died.

I've never cheerled the war though Grind, if that's what you're insinuating. I was relatively indifferent, and I didn't like the whole "Bush Lied People Died" angle, but I've never been a champion of this conflict. Now, I am no longer indifferent, and I see how fucked up it is.

There, I addressed your red herring.

Our interests in the Middle East have been grossly skewed in the last few decades, and I don't want our guys dying for somebody else's war. Pretty simple really.

Beefy
07-25-2006, 08:20 PM

I was referring to Israels conflicts in which we became involved and our guys died.

WHOOOOT WHOOOOT!!! Red Herring flying around!!! WHOOT WHOOOT!!

BRUTALITOPS
07-25-2006, 08:21 PM
mbl, I wasn't calling you a cheerleader. But I do remember you supporting it, and admitting as much to me. I am not blaming you, I was there once too. But as we both know, (well as far as I am concerned) when we found no wmd's I wanted us out.

So I am not freaking nation building interferring pnac member. That was what I was addressing.

I agree, I don't want our guys dying for someone else's problems either. I don't even think we should give military aid to israel anymore. That's what's pissing a lot of people off over there.

Jarod
07-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Give me a quote. I'll bet you it was the biggest soft peddaling pile of bullshit. Nobody, NOBODY criticizes Israel and gets elected to federal office.

Dig up the quote, sight unseen I'll bet that there is not critique of Israel whatsoever. 10 to one.

HILLARY CLINTON: EVENTUAL PALESTINIAN STATE IMPORTANT FOR MIDEAST PEACE
(First Lady addresses Arab and Israeli youth at Peace Summit)

By Wendy Lubetkin
USIA European Correspondent

May 6, 1998
Villars, Switzerland -- In a discussion with a group of Arab and Israeli youth, First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton said May 6 that the eventual emergence of a Palestinian state is "very important for the broader goal of peace in the Middle East."

"I think that it will be in the long term interests of the Middle East for Palestine to be a state, and for it to be a state that is responsible for its citizens' well-being, a state that has responsibility for providing education and health care and economic opportunity to its citizens, a state that has to accept the responsibility of governing," Mrs. Clinton said. "I think that is very important for the Palestinian people, but I also think it is very important for the broader goal of peace in the Middle East."

Mrs. Clinton spoke via WorldNet satellite with more than 70 young men and women from Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Egypt and the United States who have been holding their own first-ever peace summit in Villars, in parallel to efforts to end the Middle East stalemate in London.

Speaking in response to a question from a young Israeli, the First Lady added that "the territory that the Palestinians currently inhabit and whatever additional territory they will obtain through the peace negotiations should be considered and evolve into a functioning modern state that is responsible for the well-being of its people and is seen on the same footing as any other state in terms of dealing responsibly with all the issues state governments must deal with."

Beefy
07-25-2006, 08:25 PM
HILLARY CLINTON: EVENTUAL PALESTINIAN STATE IMPORTANT FOR MIDEAST PEACE
(First Lady addresses Arab and Israeli youth at Peace Summit)

By Wendy Lubetkin
USIA European Correspondent

May 6, 1998
Villars, Switzerland -- In a discussion with a group of Arab and Israeli youth, First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton said May 6 that the eventual emergence of a Palestinian state is "very important for the broader goal of peace in the Middle East."

"I think that it will be in the long term interests of the Middle East for Palestine to be a state, and for it to be a state that is responsible for its citizens' well-being, a state that has responsibility for providing education and health care and economic opportunity to its citizens, a state that has to accept the responsibility of governing," Mrs. Clinton said. "I think that is very important for the Palestinian people, but I also think it is very important for the broader goal of peace in the Middle East."

Mrs. Clinton spoke via WorldNet satellite with more than 70 young men and women from Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Egypt and the United States who have been holding their own first-ever peace summit in Villars, in parallel to efforts to end the Middle East stalemate in London.

Speaking in response to a question from a young Israeli, the First Lady added that "the territory that the Palestinians currently inhabit and whatever additional territory they will obtain through the peace negotiations should be considered and evolve into a functioning modern state that is responsible for the well-being of its people and is seen on the same footing as any other state in terms of dealing responsibly with all the issues state governments must deal with."

Faced.

Beefy
07-25-2006, 08:31 PM
mbl, I wasn't calling you a cheerleader. But I do remember you supporting it, and admitting as much to me. I am not blaming you, I was there once too. But as we both know, (well as far as I am concerned) when we found no wmd's I wanted us out.

So I am not freaking nation building interferring pnac member. That was what I was addressing.

I agree, I don't want our guys dying for someone else's problems either. I don't even think we should give military aid to israel anymore. That's what's pissing a lot of people off over there.

What I want to know then, is why you would be happy about a stepping stone to our involvement occurring. The more Israel looks bad in this, the more likely we are to step in with our might, and our blood, and lose some American men and women. Surely you know this.

BRUTALITOPS
07-25-2006, 08:34 PM
What I want to know then, is why you would be happy about a stepping stone to our involvement occurring. The more Israel looks bad in this, the more likely we are to step in with our might, and our blood, and lose some American men and women. Surely you know this.

I live in the here and now I guess.

Beefy
07-25-2006, 08:36 PM
I live in the here and now I guess.

Indeed you do.

Think about how far reaching this shit is.

Who would have thought that the Treaty of Versailles would have set the stage for Iraq II to happen? Foreign Policy disasters haunt us for decades to come.

BRUTALITOPS
07-25-2006, 08:42 PM
wait what? treaty of versailes?

I don't think we have to get involved because israel bombed some peacekeepers - maybe we will, but I don't think we HAVE to be involved.

Beefy
07-25-2006, 08:47 PM
wait what? treaty of versailes?

I don't think we have to get involved because israel bombed some peacekeepers - maybe we will, but I don't think we HAVE to be involved.

Yes the Treaty of Versailles. It led to the British Empire carving up the middle east into neat little coutries (thus all the straigh line borders), Hussein decided to take back what he thought was his in '91, and you know damned well that we wouldn't be in Iraq today save for Gulf War I.

Gross oversimplification, but right on the money nonetheless.

And of course we don't HAVE to become involved, but we will. The political climate dictates that i their war escalates, it simply does become ours. We get involves, our guys die.

Be careful what you wish for Grind.

tianabautre
07-25-2006, 08:48 PM
We already are involved:(

"The IDF said it was looking into the report, which came as U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice proposed an ambitious plan in which international military forces would help the Lebanese government stabilize southern Lebanon, Lebanese political sources said. "

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/07/25/mideast.main/index.html

As far as I'm concerned, we should be focusing on stabilizing and pulling out of Iraq and finding Osama (I actually think our polititicians have forgotten about him)

Beefy
07-25-2006, 08:54 PM
We already are involved:(

"The IDF said it was looking into the report, which came as U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice proposed an ambitious plan in which international military forces would help the Lebanese government stabilize southern Lebanon, Lebanese political sources said. "

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/07/25/mideast.main/index.html

As far as I'm concerned, we should be focusing on stabilizing and pulling out of Iraq and finding Osama (I actually think our polititicians have forgotten about him)

Diplomatically. we are always involved. We are by default involved. But what I don't want to see is military involvement. I think its imminent though.

LadyT
07-26-2006, 09:24 AM
Diplomatically. we are always involved. We are by default involved. But what I don't want to see is military involvement. I think its imminent though.

I knew rice wasn't going to do anything with her ridiculous rhetoric. A cease fire only if its sustainable, otherwise keep fighting?

Micawber
11-01-2017, 10:19 PM
Bump