PDA

View Full Version : God Turning His Face from us:palm:

Always
07-31-2017, 02:26 PM
The ailments of our world are the direct result of sin, does God hear the prayers of a sinner?, of course, He hears all, but His reaction is different to those praying amiss and those praying for repentance or in the righteous will of God.

The Bible states that the fervent prayers of the righteous avail much, passionate prayers of those in the will of God, are answered.

Our country has allowed in so many moral breakdowns and advocated in evil ones in authority, sitting in high places, God has turned His face from us.

evince
07-31-2017, 02:27 PM
there is no proof of any gods or monsters

evince
07-31-2017, 02:46 PM
you really need to remember not everyone shares your religious beliefs

Always
07-31-2017, 02:53 PM
there is no proof of any gods or monsters

There is also no proof that there is not a God; personally being a person of faith, I feel that it takes a great leap of faith to believe that we all of sudden just bang into existence.

evince
07-31-2017, 02:55 PM
faith

yes because there is no proof

I like facts

people used to believe the Craken was real too

its not

evince
07-31-2017, 02:58 PM
There is also no proof that there is not a God; personally being a person of faith, I feel that it takes a great leap of faith to believe that we all of sudden just bang into existence.

the physical world arround us has always been in exsistance

It is the reality of things

the simple (who created god) is all you need to know its not silly to just accept that the nature of reality is its always been here and it always will be here.

we are just here because of the nature of things that exist

evince
07-31-2017, 03:00 PM
believe whtever yu believe

dont start making claims like you did here without realizing that many people dont share your FAITH.

it will not make sense to others unless they share your faith

many religions are godless

Always
07-31-2017, 03:05 PM
This being a thread of entitled religion, philosophy and ethics, I would think that any claim I make in ref. to what I believe would not frighten ones.

evince
07-31-2017, 03:06 PM
Im not the one frightened

Always
07-31-2017, 03:13 PM
Im not the one frightened

Then I'm not talking to you, I do not debate wether or not there is a God, I believe in Him by faith, if you believe in a finite reality caused by a big bang, that's your choice.

evince
07-31-2017, 03:27 PM
and this is an open thread

yes nyou are talki ng to me

Im allowed to comment

no religious persecution for me

Always
07-31-2017, 03:37 PM
I said if you were frighten....did I not? YOU said you weren't ......did you not? then my comment was not at you, and you shouldn't have receive it to be. ;) I am happy in my belief and you be happy in yours, just because an individual says they believe in God, does not mean you are being persecuted, and if you feel that way, you need to explore the option of becoming a believer, Love you!

evince
07-31-2017, 03:39 PM
The ailments of our world are the direct result of sin, does God hear the prayers of a sinner?, of course, He hears all, but His reaction is different to those praying amiss and those praying for repentance or in the righteous will of God.

The Bible states that the fervent prayers of the righteous avail much, passionate prayers of those in the will of God, are answered.

Our country has allowed in so many moral breakdowns and advocated in evil ones in authority, sitting in high places, God has turned His face from us.

your theory is flawed do to your bias

evince
07-31-2017, 03:44 PM
slavery was not a moral failure?

the maltreatment of women during our founding was not a moral failure

man has always been flawed

will likely always be flawed

I strive to be the best person I can

Not becuase of threat of everlasting buring in hell (very evil thing to do to flawed beings you created to be flawed)

Not because Im trying to live forever

Becuase I have love in my heart for my fellow man that no being had to FORCE there

Always
07-31-2017, 03:45 PM
Confidence can be mistaken for bias, I am convinced, will remain convinced, the elements of this world are arranged perfectly, not by accident only by divine intervention. It is short sighted to see it any other way. Correct bias is better than incorrect bias.

P.S. I'm going love you

evince
07-31-2017, 03:47 PM
who was it that asked a man to kill his own child ?

who was it that allowed that child to believe his father was goin g to kill him?

why did he need to test a man he creaated?

he is all knowing and all seeing

he knew already IF he existed

evince
07-31-2017, 03:49 PM
Confidence can be mistaken for bias, I am convinced, will remain convinced, the elements of this world are arranged perfectly, not by accident only by divine intervention. It is short sighted to see it any other way. Correct bias is better than incorrect bias.

P.S. I'm going love you

I love you too

there is no reason to believe god exists other than the desire to see it that way.

you were trained from birth to see it that way.

many cultures are not

dont be biased

Always
07-31-2017, 03:53 PM
slavery was not a moral failure?

the maltreatment of women during our founding was not a moral failure
No it was a sin

man has always been flawed

will likely always be flawed

Yes, because we are born in sin, however with repentance to God we become a new creation

I strive to be the best person I can

Not becuase of threat of everlasting buring in hell (very evil thing to do to flawed beings you created to be flawed)

Not because Im trying to live forever

Becuase I have love in my heart for my fellow man that no being had to FORCE there

That is good, I do believe most strive for that same thing, however I have faith that I will live forever, if I believe in heaven I also believe in a agonizing hell maybe not the description you gave but definitely real

evince
07-31-2017, 03:55 PM
hell is the design of an person with evil in their heart.

what dies Jesus say about hell?

Always
07-31-2017, 03:57 PM
I love you too

there is no reason to believe god exists other than the desire to see it that way.

you were trained from birth to see it that way.

many cultures are not

dont be biased

I happen to be trained from birth to believe, that was a blessing, but my belief is also because of my experiences in life, and knowledge I attained by realizing that the many times I in my flawed state needed help, God was there for me when no one else was. I give praise and I give him honor, Yeshua

Ralph
07-31-2017, 04:04 PM
faith

yes because there is no proof

I like facts

people used to believe the Craken was real too

its not

Strange then that you can't prove that evolution is a fact. Then again.....you say faith requires no proof? Prima Facie evidence far outweighs the existence of creation than it does for the foundation of secularism....the spontaneous generation of life from non-living matter. Just point out the scientific experiment that confirms that life came about naturally by spontaneous generation....you can't because every time that theory is put to the test of the scientific method it is rejected. Now just produce one experiment that has rejected CREATIONISM....just one. Ya see? Naturalism must conform to the physical laws of nature.....such as the law of causality.

Yet....you believe in Evolution void of it being a demonstrable fact of science? You know what such a belief is called? FAITH.

evince
07-31-2017, 04:05 PM
I happen to be trained from birth to believe, that was a blessing, but my belief is also because of my experiences in life, and knowledge I attained by realizing that the many times I in my flawed state needed help, God was there for me when no one else was. I give praise and I give him honor, Yeshua

someone was there for me too

Me

you were just trained to see that deep part of your self as god.

trust me

You would have made it without that belief just as I did

my life was nit trouble free

More stressed than most in my time.

I made it and didnt have to pretend the peoeple harming me would be burned alive for enternity.

I just knew they were wrong and that wrong behavior would eat at the deeper part of them that you call god and I call me

jesus never really spoke of sending people to hell huh

Jesus was one of the great philosophers

evince
07-31-2017, 04:11 PM

now

this is flawed because you refuse to reach out to others with differing beliefs.

Me : my deep inner self

God: how you see this same part of you

how can you restate this while respecting the beliefs of all others ?

let me give a shot at it.

evince
07-31-2017, 04:28 PM
The ailments of our world are the direct result of moral lapse , does our deep inner self hear the thoughts of our moral laspe ?, of course, we hear all, but our reaction is different to those thinking amiss and those thinking of freedom from their immoral actions or in the will of truth.

those being true to their deep innermost self fervent in the truth avail much, passionate thoughts of those in the will of truth, are recognized within

Our country has allowed in so many moral breakdowns and advocated in evil ones in authority, sitting in high places, Our deep inner selves have turned their faces from us.

sin:moral lapse

god: deep inner self

sinner: failure to be true to your moral inner self

righteous :truth

prayers: thoughts

evince
07-31-2017, 04:37 PM
dont preach your religion

Preach goodness

otherwise you yourself condem people to hate and send them to your imagined hell

a hell Jesus didnt believe in

jesus was about acting in a good manner

NOT believe or burn in hell fovever.

he sought to rise the goodness that already existed in most human hearts

he sought goodness and compassion

he did not prioritize belief in the "correct " religion

he sought to make people understand why it was their goodness they should follow

Now in some christian religions doctrines a person who was the upmost kind and helpful being would be relegated to burn in hell evermore because they werew born in a non christian society

while a terrible human being who professed the right belief at death would be carried away to heaven.

how is that moral

evince
07-31-2017, 04:40 PM
Strange then that you can't prove that evolution is a fact. Then again.....you say faith requires no proof? Prima Facie evidence far outweighs the existence of creation than it does for the foundation of secularism....the spontaneous generation of life from non-living matter. Just point out the scientific experiment that confirms that life came about naturally by spontaneous generation....you can't because every time that theory is put to the test of the scientific method it is rejected. Now just produce one experiment that has rejected CREATIONISM....just one. Ya see? Naturalism must conform to the physical laws of nature.....such as the law of causality.

Yet....you believe in Evolution void of it being a demonstrable fact of science? You know what such a belief is called? FAITH.

nope facts

you just dont believe in those facts

its your failure not the facts failure

Always
08-01-2017, 09:34 AM
dont preach your religion

Preach goodness

I don't preach a religion, right now you don't know what religion I am, other than Christian, I preach the faith I have in Yeshua

otherwise you yourself condem people to hate and send them to your imagined hell

a hell Jesus didnt believe in

They send themselves, and yes, Yeshua warned of hell,

Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell” (Matthew 10:28).

Jesus was about acting in a good manner

oH? you believe in Jesus? you are just out of the knowledge who HE is, ok

he sought goodness and compassion

how is that moral

He came as a servant to save our souls

PostmodernProphet
08-01-2017, 09:45 AM
there is no proof that desh is human.....she could easily be an algorithm......

Always
08-01-2017, 10:01 AM
there is no proof that desh is human.....she could easily be an algorithm......

Tell any woman who has ever birth a child, that is of a computer.... yeah right:cool:

Bill
08-01-2017, 01:57 PM

Not all Christians support the poser & the others will be stabbed in the back just as he has done those around him, give it some time...

Ralph
08-01-2017, 06:20 PM
nope facts

you just dont believe in those facts

its your failure not the facts failure

Show me those documented and testable facts of Science that you "say" exists. I'll be waiting.....forever, because those facts do not exist.

As far as Christianity being a "blind faith"? All Christian faith comes from the WORD OF GOD because the word of God is truth and we are admonished to be sanctified in that truth. John 17:17. The scriptures enlighten everyone just how faith is constructed and its not blind, its constructed upon placing the word of God to the test. -- Rom. 10:17. "Test them all...." -- 1 Thess. 5:21.

The only "blind faith" I see is your faith in science...which you refuse to demonstrate through the testable and repeatable process of the Scientific Method. You just nod like someone that has been subjected to indoctrination....that's why I call you the "BOBBLE HEAD".

Over 90% of the Bible is testable by Science and History actual....the only things not testable are the Miraculous acts of God as preformed by men through the work of the Holy Spirit of God, and I believe those SUPERNATURAL acts (as there is no natural method to place a supernatural event TO THE TEST....unless you have a super-natural-o-meter in your pocket)....why do I believe them?

Because the 90% that can be tested has never been proven to be in error in any type of objective manner...thus, why doubt the "sworn testimony" of those who witnessed the events personally? Prison is filled with those who were convicted upon the prima facie evidence (beyond a reason of doubt by any sane person) of eye-witness testimony.

"And truly Jesus preformed many other signs (miracles) in the presence of His disciples which are not written in this book; but these are written that you might believe (faith.....cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God) that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and believing you might have life in His name." -- John 20:30-31.

Clearly Jesus did not believe in or accept EVOLUTION as a fact. "Have you not read that He who made them in the beginning (God)...made them male and female?" -- Matthew 19:4

While the Apostle Peter makes it clear that the scriptures were recorded by the hand picked Apostles of Christ for the very reason of maintaining a method of BUILDING FAITH for future generations. "......Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle (body....death), even as our Lord Jesus has shewed me (Jesus physically died on the cross). Moreover I will endeavor that ye may be able after my death to have these things (records of his personal testimonies to the miraculous) in my remembrance. FOR WE HAVE NOT FOLLOWED CUNNINGLY DEVISED FABLES, WHEN WE MADE KNOWN TO YOU THE POWER AND THE COMING OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST.....BUT WE WERE EYEWITNESSES OF HIS MAJESTY." -- 2 Peter 1: 14-16

That's exactly why the Bible Exists....to build faith...but not BLIND FAITH. My faith is anything but blind. Just prove through the scientific method anything found in scripture to be untrue. No theories that do not possess the objective testable, repeatable facts to be known as a FACT of science...but facts. Again no theories or assumptions like the assumption of Carbon dating which assumes the universe and the earth to include the rate of decay in certain radio active elements (physical matter) has remained constant for billions of years....but know that the radio active elements they use to date things of antiquity can be and are corrupted by many variables...such as WATER LEECHING. There is no scientific method to CALIBRATE radio carbon dating past that of RECORDED HISTORY...again, recorded eyewitness testimony of those who lived before us and observed those things that need calibrated. That's why Science requires OBSERVATION for FACTS OF SCIENCE.

Its not like actual SCIENCE and archaeology has proven that every point of land mass on earth as been under water at some point in their histories....as sea life fossils have been found atop the highest peaks on earth and everywhere else to include the greatest desert land mass on earth (larger than the United States) the Sahara Desert...where entire whale remains are found. :)

I hope you do well with your BLIND FAITH...but as for I and my household, we shall serve the Lord and bend a knee always in prayer and ask, "What would you have me do my LORD." My number one duty as a Christian is to defend MY FAITH and provide an answer...to anyone that asks just why that faith and HOPE exists in my heart. -- 1 Peter 3:15

Always
08-01-2017, 08:34 PM
Amen my brother well said

but as for I and my household, we shall serve the Lord and bend a knee always in prayer and ask, "What would you have me do my LORD." My number one duty as a Christian is to defend MY FAITH and provide an answer...to anyone that asks just why that faith and HOPE exists in my heart. -- 1 Peter 3:15

domer76
08-08-2017, 09:18 PM

Who has ever said that humans just banged into existence? Oh, that's right. The Bible does.

domer76
08-08-2017, 09:20 PM
Amen my brother well said

but as for I and my household, we shall serve the Lord and bend a knee always in prayer and ask, "What would you have me do my LORD." My number one duty as a Christian is to defend MY FAITH and provide an answer...to anyone that asks just why that faith and HOPE exists in my heart. -- 1 Peter 3:15

"The Bible is the word of God"
"How can you be sure it's the word of God?"
"Because the Bible tells us so"
"Why believe the Bible?
"The Bible is infallible"
"How do you know it's infallible?"...

(Return to top)

Granule
08-09-2017, 08:59 AM
there is no proof of any gods or monsters There is no proof that you're not totally insane.

Always
08-09-2017, 11:12 AM
"The Bible is the word of God"
"How can you be sure it's the word of God?"
"Because the Bible tells us so"
"Why believe the Bible?
"The Bible is infallible"
"How do you know it's infallible?"...

(Return to top)

I believe by Faith

domer76
08-09-2017, 11:57 AM
I believe by Faith

That's great. I prefer science. But for you to criticize the concept of "banging" into existence, when that's exactly what your book proposes with humans, is a bit on the hypocritical side.

Always
08-09-2017, 01:04 PM
That's great. I prefer science. But for you to criticize the concept of "banging" into existence, when that's exactly what your book proposes with humans, is a bit on the hypocritical side.

Unless you have my perception, "banging" to me is all of sudden it's there by NO divine intervention, no don't believe that, I believe that there was divine influence.

If I walk out doors and find a quarter, bang, another in perfect line with the last, someone may have a hole in their pocket?, a third one, same as the last, but if their is a trail of quarters all the way back to MY house, someone purposely did that.

Now the planets are perfectly aligned, the Sun at a perfect distance from earth to provide heat and light, gravity, a moon for night light, the waters of Earth held back, the rotation of the Earth, Nawwwwwwwwww, not Science, God, and who proves :) ironically Science

domer76
08-09-2017, 01:38 PM
Unless you have my perception, "banging" to me is all of sudden it's there by NO divine intervention, no don't believe that, I believe that there was divine influence.

If I walk out doors and find a quarter, bang, another in perfect line with the last, someone may have a hole in their pocket?, a third one, same as the last, but if their is a trail of quarters all the way back to MY house, someone purposely did that.

Now the planets are perfectly aligned, the Sun at a perfect distance from earth to provide heat and light, gravity, a moon for night light, the waters of Earth held back, the rotation of the Earth, Nawwwwwwwwww, not Science, God, and who proves :) ironically Science

lol

Ah, the old Terracentric thing. The earth is the center of the universe. No other planet in the billions of trillions of planets in the universe has conditions suitable to support life.

You're not going to spring the creation of the eye thing on us, are you?

Always
08-09-2017, 02:08 PM
lol

Ah, the old Terracentric thing. The earth is the center of the universe. No other planet in the billions of trillions of planets in the universe has conditions suitable to support life.

You're not going to spring the creation of the eye thing on us, are you?

No the " Spoken into Existence" thingy :innocent: :)

Nomad
08-10-2017, 05:11 AM
Then I'm not talking to you, I do not debate wether or not there is a God, I believe in Him by faith, if you believe in a finite reality caused by a big bang, that's your choice.

God lets people suffer. He lets innocent little children get cancer. He lets old people who've worked hard all their lives waste away in nursing homes where they are forgotten, abused and neglected.

This is a world full of pain, sadness and misery where it's mostly the vile, greedy, underhanded reprobates like Trump and his family who have everything, while decent, honest people have to struggle just to pay for basic health care if they can afford it at all.

How can He expect us to believe in Him?

Why should we?

Always
08-10-2017, 12:33 PM
God lets people suffer. He lets innocent little children get cancer. He lets old people who've worked hard all their lives waste away in nursing homes where they are forgotten, abused and neglected.

This is a world full of pain, sadness and misery where it's mostly the vile, greedy, underhanded reprobates like Trump and his family who have everything, while decent, honest people have to struggle just to pay for basic health care if they can afford it at all.

How can He expect us to believe in Him?

Why should we?

You don't have to