PDA

View Full Version : Search Function missing my posts?

BRUTALITOPS
09-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Damo... I used to always use the search function to find new posts that mention my name (it's how I find threads that address me in some way)...

Well today save for a few of the very recent postings referring to me, most are all gone. .. all the way back to the first few days I signed up here.

What's up?

Damocles
09-10-2006, 10:33 AM
I have no idea. I have changed nothing in that area, unless you are searching without logging in.

BRUTALITOPS
09-10-2006, 10:40 AM
no i am logged in.. it's all messed up. go figure.

Damocles
09-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Hmm... I can't figure that out. I've changed nothing in the search function. I ran a search and actually it didn't find this thread! I'm wondering if it has something to do with changing it so the Cache is longer than before.... I'll give that a test and see if it changed it.

Damocles
09-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Hmmm... If I put your username in as a search it finds threads that mention you. If I put it in as a search in the username field it finds threads you posted in. I find it all the way back to the beginning of the board as well. I wasn't able to find this thread because nobody ever said "Grind" in this thread...

BRUTALITOPS
09-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Now, yeah, you wont see much because now most of the posts are gone... but there used to be a lot more before.

It doesn't really matter I guess because they are old posts that I wont read anymore anyway.. but I use that feature everyday to find where I am needed, so hopefully It doesn't keep happening.

Oh yes.. I don't know if this is just me but the quick reply doesn't seem to be working... the regular reply feature works just fine though.

Damocles
09-10-2006, 10:56 AM
It appears you have them listing as Show Thread instead of Show Post... When I have it "Show Post" I get more...

Damocles
09-10-2006, 10:56 AM
Now, yeah, you wont see much because now most of the posts are gone... but there used to be a lot more before.

It doesn't really matter I guess because they are old posts that I wont read anymore anyway.. but I use that feature everyday to find where I am needed, so hopefully It doesn't keep happening.

Oh yes.. I don't know if this is just me but the quick reply doesn't seem to be working... the regular reply feature works just fine though.
Something with you then. I use quick reply far more often than Post Reply...

Damocles
09-10-2006, 10:59 AM
Delete your cookie for this board and renew it. I think there is something weird going on with the cookies.

Damocles
09-10-2006, 01:21 PM
Okay, test this again, Grind. It should be back to normal.

BRUTALITOPS
09-10-2006, 02:19 PM
yeah it's back now. What was the problem?

Damocles
09-10-2006, 02:27 PM
I forgot I had selected the "not full text" option to test it last night. I thought I had changed it back.