Topspin
01-23-2008, 10:08 AM
at 133lbs, going to Iowa to see him in action tomorrow.:clink:

Cypress
01-23-2008, 10:15 AM
fourth in what? wrestling?

uscitizen
01-23-2008, 10:15 AM
congrats on your sons achievements. See even children of retards can do well today. :clink:

evince
01-23-2008, 10:16 AM
Congrats to him , that takes alot of hard work.

CanadianKid
01-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Show us some proof....

CK

Topspin
01-23-2008, 11:10 AM
36 hrs round trip driving form Louisiana to Iowa falls for 18 minutes on the mat.
ck, you catch yourself on your own lies. thought you'd be interested cause your into MMA.
google the weight class ck, I already put too much personal stuff on here.
He started at 9yrs old when his brothers coach ask him to attend the high school practice. He had 200 matches before varsity in 9th grade and was the 19th ranked freshman in the nation. He kinda lost interes in sophmore year until after graduation and roofing in 95 degree 90% humidity of Nawlins convinced him college was a better choice.
I've never pushed my kids hard in any direction but when he asked me for a dorm depost and also on the initial drive to Iowa I did the daddy speach and he goes "dad that roof is waiting for me if I fail". I got chocked up!!! His older brother is impressed and says his picture hanging in the gym as a former All-American is modivation for little brother.

P.S. for a sprots junkie who was never the best kid on his block, it gets no better

DamnYankee
01-23-2008, 12:27 PM
That's great Topspin I can imagine how you feel. My own son made varsity in cross country as a sophmore and I thought I'd bust my chest with pride.

Cancel7
01-23-2008, 12:32 PM

Congratulations Top!

Shut up CK.

LadyT
01-23-2008, 12:42 PM
congrats topper!

Socrtease
01-23-2008, 12:47 PM
That is very cool Top. Tell him all the important people here are rooting for him too. 133 is a VERY competitive weight class in wrestling. Tell him to do an atomic drop for me. LOL

LadyT
01-23-2008, 12:52 PM
That is very cool Top. Tell him all the important people here are rooting for him too. 133 is a VERY competitive weight class in wrestling. Tell him to do an atomic drop for me. LOL

I won't even tell you what I think that is.

uscitizen
01-23-2008, 12:53 PM
LSD ?

I dunno I just do luv wrasslin.

Cypress
01-23-2008, 01:48 PM
36 hrs round trip driving form Louisiana to Iowa falls for 18 minutes on the mat.
ck, you catch yourself on your own lies. thought you'd be interested cause your into MMA.
google the weight class ck, I already put too much personal stuff on here.
He started at 9yrs old when his brothers coach ask him to attend the high school practice. He had 200 matches before varsity in 9th grade and was the 19th ranked freshman in the nation. He kinda lost interes in sophmore year until after graduation and roofing in 95 degree 90% humidity of Nawlins convinced him college was a better choice.
I've never pushed my kids hard in any direction but when he asked me for a dorm depost and also on the initial drive to Iowa I did the daddy speach and he goes "dad that roof is waiting for me if I fail". I got chocked up!!! His older brother is impressed and says his picture hanging in the gym as a former All-American is modivation for little brother.

P.S. for a sprots junkie who was never the best kid on his block, it gets no better

this is cool, and you actually sound like a great Pop, topper.

Now, if you could only work on your manners, your anger, and take some english-as-a-second-language classes to get your linguistic skills up to speed, you might even be considered a top poster here. :)

CanadianKid
01-23-2008, 02:00 PM
Its not that I dont believe you Toppy....

Because I dont....But just so other people on this board know your whoppers....I'd just like some proof to back up the statement....

And Darla go home ugly queen...

CK

Topspin
01-23-2008, 02:56 PM
by doing this you can find the cajun who cant spell

Beefy
01-23-2008, 03:30 PM
by doing this you can find the cajun who cant spell

Congrats top. But you sure you want all that personal info up here?

Topspin
01-23-2008, 03:44 PM
prob not dumb canjun pop

Beefy
01-23-2008, 03:52 PM
prob not dumb canjun pop

I would edit it. Check your u2u.

evince
01-23-2008, 03:54 PM
yeah Damo needs to delete that info to protect the kid.

DamnYankee
01-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Take Beefy's advice. You have nothing to prove. Screw the Canadians. We should take them over anyway, and drink all their beer. :clink:

uscitizen
01-23-2008, 04:02 PM
I found out spinners sons name last year form something he posted about him, but I intentionally forgot it. I do not do like Dano demento.

evince
01-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Good call Beefy

Thorn
01-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Congrats, Top, and to your son as well. That's quite an accomplishment! Good luck to him at the meet.

(PS you can go back and edit out the personal info yourself from your post, as can anyone who quoted your post in a reply).

Topspin
01-23-2008, 06:05 PM
thanks for editing, yup pops braggs way too much on the kids. no doubt

Beefy
01-23-2008, 06:26 PM
thanks for editing, yup pops braggs way too much on the kids. no doubt

No sweat. Its great that you're proud of your boy. :clink:

Cancel7
01-23-2008, 06:38 PM
No sweat. Its great that you're proud of your boy. :clink:

What's not great is letting a moron* like Ck bait you into revealing anything. BB used to do that to me all of the time. You fraud this and you fraud that, prove it, post a picture, post your papers. You know what I told him? Fuck off grandpa.

*an idiot is a stupid person with a mental age below three years, while a moron is a stupid person with a mental age of between seven to twelve years

Beefy
01-23-2008, 06:49 PM
What's not great is letting a moron* like Ck bait you into revealing anything. BB used to do that to me all of the time. You fraud this and you fraud that, prove it, post a picture, post your papers. You know what I told him? Fuck off grandpa.

*an idiot is a stupid person with a mental age below three years, while a moron is a stupid person with a mental age of between seven to twelve years

My man's proud of his boy, he wants to share it with everyone.

While CK is a dull troll, I think Toppy just had a proud moment.

The little dude is growing on me.

FUCK THE POLICE
01-23-2008, 10:11 PM

I was once no. 1 or no. 2 in the nation in math. That was whenever I was 9, though...

DamnYankee
01-24-2008, 06:02 AM
I was once no. 1 or no. 2 in the nation in math. That was whenever I was 9, though...That's cool, something to be proud of. But this thread is not about you. Maybe you should start a "Watermark was good at math" thread and post it there.:)

FUCK THE POLICE
01-24-2008, 12:06 PM
That's cool, something to be proud of. But this thread is not about you. Maybe you should start a "Watermark was good at math" thread and post it there.:)

No, I'm a narcissist.

uscitizen
01-24-2008, 12:11 PM
most all youngesters are narcissistic.

evince
01-24-2008, 12:14 PM
I was once no. 1 or no. 2 in the nation in math. That was whenever I was 9, though...

My hubby was once a Nebraska state wrestling champ.

I have always been average.

Minister of Truth
01-27-2008, 04:14 PM

Damn, I wish I was around 133lbs. That would be a bit underweight for my height, but its an inspiring thought nonetheless.

evince
01-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Hey those little guys can kick ass though.

reverendlionelblair
03-23-2008, 04:42 PM
Topspin, is this the kind of wrestling were grown men grapple with each other like small fighing children on a mat which seems to be popular in the states of the former Soviet Union or is it the type of wrestling where the men wear ridiculous clothes and pretend to hit each other that is popular with people who live in homes with wheels.

Damocles
03-23-2008, 09:18 PM
Topspin, is this the kind of wrestling were grown men grapple with each other like small fighing children on a mat which seems to be popular in the states of the former Soviet Union or is it the type of wrestling where the men wear ridiculous clothes and pretend to hit each other that is popular with people who live in homes with wheels.
I think it is the type of wrestling where men wear women's swimsuits and funny-colored Princess Leia ear covering items that appear to be some sort of protection then get down on their knees while the other kneels behind them while dozens watch. Then some guy blows a whistle and they start trying to put the other guy into a helpless position with his back to the mat.

FUCK THE POLICE
03-23-2008, 09:43 PM

You're been gone a pretty long time.

reverendlionelblair
03-24-2008, 04:02 AM
Ah, that type of wrestling.

Why is compassion weakness?

American Idol is weakness.

Damocles
03-24-2008, 06:47 AM

It was copied from Pop Star. I wonder why our weakness is something we copied from brits... ;)

FUCK THE POLICE
03-25-2008, 05:27 PM

The "Compassion is weakness" sig isn't very serious, Rev.

Hermes Thoth
03-26-2008, 07:37 AM
Wrestling is gay, because having another man's nuts in your face is gay.

cawacko
03-28-2008, 01:30 AM
Wrestling is gay, because having another man's nuts in your face is gay.

It's not gay it is Facist!!!

Damocles
03-28-2008, 06:59 AM
Internationalist fascist! Much like their alter-ego and also eeeeevul group of localist nationalists...

Hermes Thoth
03-28-2008, 07:06 AM

Go suck a fat sausage.

reverendlionelblair
03-29-2008, 02:20 AM
Glad to see that the tone of this site and its users remains as upmarket as ever.

Fucknuts! What a great word

Wrestling does strike me as being a bit gay, I mean all the dressing up and prancing around, and those gay leotards.

Definitely gay, you'd have to be seriously comfortable with your heterosexuality to participate.

Cancel5
03-29-2008, 06:38 AM
Good luck to your son!

Hermes Thoth
03-29-2008, 07:47 AM
Yes. Good luck in getting lots of sweaty man balls to the face.

Cancel5
03-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Yes. Good luck in getting lots of sweaty man balls to the face.

Oh, sheesh, you really know how to paint a picture :eek:

Topspin
03-30-2008, 06:13 PM
guy's who think wrestling is gay are wussy, womanless homophones unsure of there manhood.

Annie
03-30-2008, 06:16 PM
guy's who think wrestling is gay are wussy, womanless homophones unsure of there manhood.

Topspin, if you posted finals I missed it. How'd the kid do? I was just the same when my son made the top ten in nation for cross country. You should applaud their accomplishments!

Topspin
03-31-2008, 05:29 AM
He missed all american by 1 match. He won his first two matches in dominating fashion and then lost 2 close ones.
2,200 miles of driving was pretty tough.

charver
03-31-2008, 07:24 AM

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n140/charver-x/homophone.jpg
A homophone yesterday

Hermes Thoth
03-31-2008, 09:05 AM

No. We just don't have stick our face in manballs to feel manly.

uscitizen
03-31-2008, 09:10 AM
No. We just don't have stick our face in manballs to feel manly.
I guess there are real good career moves for that though ? ;)

Damocles
03-31-2008, 09:56 AM
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n140/charver-x/homophone.jpg
A homophone yesterday
I a homophone the opposite of the iPhone?

reverendlionelblair
04-01-2008, 12:52 PM
I am married and I will fight anyone - I do not know what a homophone is but I would gladly fight one if I ever met one.

Wrestling is gay if you are not very comfortable with your own sexuality.

Topspin
04-01-2008, 01:08 PM
have you ever seen hs or college wrestling???

uscitizen
04-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Yep and decided it was not for me really quick.

Topspin
04-01-2008, 02:26 PM
it wasn't for me either I boxed as a teenager and the wrestlers worked out way harder than we did.

Hermes Thoth
04-01-2008, 02:39 PM
it wasn't for me either I boxed as a teenager and the wrestlers worked out way harder than we did.

Ok. Boxing IS a man sport. Good for you top.

Topspin
04-01-2008, 05:06 PM
wrestlers work out way harder than boxers, and I'm sure my not so stellar record has something to do with the eloquence of my posts.:shock:

Minister of Truth
04-02-2008, 08:24 PM
My favorite t-shirt is my 8th grade wrestling shirt that says "Knight's Wrestling" on it, which I am proudly wearing now. It was the only decent athletic shirt I got in middle school, but it is actually very awesome, and, coincidentally, all of our sports teams rocked that year (we used the same design for several different events). Many were undefeated (football, wrestling, softball, vollyball) and the basketball, track, cross country had phenominal records as well.

But alas, I didn't have the stuff to continue in HS, although doing that meant a year-long recruitment attempt from the team for anyone who they remembered from middle school...

Annie
04-02-2008, 08:57 PM
My favorite t-shirt is my 8th grade wrestling shirt that says "Knight's Wrestling" on it, which I am proudly wearing now. It was the only decent athletic shirt I got in middle school, but it is actually very awesome, and, coincidentally, all of our sports teams rocked that year (we used the same design for several different events). Many were undefeated (football, wrestling, softball, vollyball) and the basketball, track, cross country had phenominal records as well.

But alas, I didn't have the stuff to continue in HS, although doing that meant a year-long recruitment attempt from the team for anyone who they remembered from middle school...

LOL! I'm too old to remember shirts from jr high, at least what they said. I remember having Peanuts sweatshirts and wearing oxfords with ties. I will say the best t-shirt I remember having from my son's sport: "My sport is your sport's punishment." Seems appropriate in most cases. (Cross country being the sport).

Minister of Truth
04-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Yeah, but since I am wearing it now, it makes it easy for me.

Topspin
04-03-2008, 05:31 AM
I refer to boxing as the poor kids sport, and wrestling the rich kid private school preppy sport. At least when I'm teasing my kids about it.

Minister of Truth
04-03-2008, 12:36 PM
I refer to boxing as the poor kids sport, and wrestling the rich kid private school preppy sport. At least when I'm teasing my kids about it.

Naw, that would have to be karate. :ninj: