PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to be a good Christian and a Trump supporter?

Amadeus
06-28-2017, 03:17 AM
Since Trump is the antithesis of everything Jesus stood for and preached, would you say that a good Christian could be a Trump supporter?

PostmodernProphet
06-28-2017, 05:42 AM
is it possible to be an atheist and be rational?.......I think not.......

midcan5
06-28-2017, 11:03 AM
If a Christian existed anywhere of course it would not be possible, but Christian is merely a label without substance. "Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and not tried." Gilbert K. Chesterton. But think about it an adulterer who cheated on his wives, cheated his workers, and lies constantly, is that the image a Christian would emulate? But consider too how easy it is to teach Christians to hate, the hatred directed at Obama and Hillary was by Christians was it not? Christianity is hypocrisy for most.

"Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life. Thus people haunted by the purposelessness of their lives try to find a new content not only by dedicating themselves to a holy cause but also by nursing a fanatical grievance." Eric Hoffer

PostmodernProphet
06-28-2017, 12:33 PM
boring board bigots on board.....

canceled.2021.3
06-28-2017, 01:34 PM
Since Trump is the antithesis of everything Jesus stood for and preached, would you say that a good Christian could be a Trump supporter?

You don't understand Christianity

But the answer is YES

Amadeus
06-28-2017, 01:40 PM
You don't understand Christianity

How do you know I don't understand Christianity? Because I asked the question?

The fact that you answered yes makes me very suspicious of your understanding of Christianity.

archives
06-28-2017, 01:48 PM
Yes, true or not, most Trump supporters don't see him the way you described him, Bill Clinton really didn't model perfect Christian values but the majority of his supporters didn't give up on him, all in the way you perceive it

If your asking for an absolute judgement, I don't think any of us can offer that, but I agree, it is strange how he has the support of all those fundamentalist churches that supposedly practice their religion openly

Celticguy
06-28-2017, 02:00 PM

The fact that you answered yes makes me very suspicious of your understanding of Christianity.

Based upon your OP your suspicions are moot.

Amadeus
06-28-2017, 02:14 PM
Based upon your OP your suspicions are moot.

Trump lies, cheats, steals, commits adultery, bare false witness, is hateful to immigrants, generally punches down on the poor and disadvantaged, openly admits that most people aren't worth respecting, says that women should be treated like shit. He's also 'rich', which pretty much means he's going destined for Hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sWzJZMTNd4

PostmodernProphet
06-28-2017, 04:35 PM
How do you know I don't understand Christianity? .
I picked up on it by reading your posts.....

Amadeus
06-28-2017, 04:46 PM
I picked up on it by reading your posts.....

Are you referring to the posts where I specifically quote scripture?

PostmodernProphet
06-28-2017, 06:05 PM
Are you referring to the posts where I specifically mis-quote scripture?

yes......

Celticguy
06-28-2017, 06:37 PM
So you choose to demonstrate your ignorance ?
Interesting tactic.

Cypress
06-28-2017, 07:34 PM

Part of me thinks it is immoral to support Drumpf, Christian or no.

I mean, the guy is basically the real life version of "Mr. Burns" from The Simpsons.

Every decent person in American teaches their kids to be not like Drumpf. A pussy-grabbing creep. A self-absorbed narcissist. A person with a continent sized ego, but no humility or empathy offsetting it. Arrogant. Intolerant. An old man who pursues sexual conquests of women young enough to be his grand daughter. A guy who is not even self-made, since whatever wealth he has is largely attributable to his rich father and family friends.

I mean, I think almost everybody I have met in my life teaches their kids to try to be a person not like Trump.

I think it must say something about the ethics off an online message boarder to constantly worship Drumpf, and defend him at every turn!

edit to add this

Trump’s Approval Rating Is Even Lower Globally, and He’s Destroying the U.S.’s Reputation: Survey

Mired in record low approval ratings at home, President Donald Trump is even less popular globally, with a majority describing him as dangerous, arrogant and intolerant

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-approval-rating-putin-global-629195

christiefan915
07-02-2017, 12:12 PM
I know Christians who will support trump and people like him only because they profess to be pro-life. Although I believe that deep down trump isn't really pro-life, he just used the position to get votes.

They ignore all his other anti-Christian behaviour and flouting the ten commandments, or try to excuse it by saying trump's just fighting fire with fire.

canceled.2021.3
07-02-2017, 12:29 PM

If you understood Christianity you would not have asked the question

canceled.2021.3
07-02-2017, 12:30 PM
Are you referring to the posts where I specifically quote scripture?

Quoting something does not connote understanding

See Deshtard

canceled.2021.3
07-02-2017, 12:31 PM
I know Christians who will support trump and people like him only because they profess to be pro-life. Although I believe that deep down trump isn't really pro-life, he just used the position to get votes.

They ignore all his other anti-Christian behaviour and flouting the ten commandments, or try to excuse it by saying trump's just fighting fire with fire.

Dumb cunt strikes again. Ten Commandments are Old Testament.

Buckly J. Ewer
07-02-2017, 12:44 PM
is it possible to be an atheist and be rational?.......I think not.......

Atheism is the epitome of rationality...
Mothers with hymens and water walking zombies are not rational concepts.

You are Fully Immersed in Trump's Colon, Pastor.

Buckly J. Ewer
07-02-2017, 12:46 PM
Dumb cunt strikes again. Ten Commandments are Old Testament.

Oh, so you are claiming that Christians do not believe in the old testament, loser?

canceled.2021.3
07-02-2017, 01:28 PM
Atheism is the epitome of rationality...
Mothers with hymens and water walking zombies are not rational concepts.

You are Fully Immersed in Trump's Colon, Pastor.

Atheism requires faith

canceled.2021.3
07-02-2017, 01:28 PM
Oh, so you are claiming that Christians do not believe in the old testament, loser?

Did I say that?

christiefan915
07-02-2017, 08:31 PM

He just needed a jumping off point to say "cunt."

Plenty of Christians in this country get incensed if their Ten Commandments monuments get moved or destroyed.

Buckly J. Ewer
07-02-2017, 08:36 PM
He just needed a jumping off point to say "cunt."

Plenty of Christians in this country get incensed if their Ten Commandments monuments get moved or destroyed.

Alice is such a loser.

PostmodernProphet
07-02-2017, 08:52 PM

does that surprise you?.....you get incensed if we call you a lying liberal cunt......obviously driving a vehicle into a public monument is significantly worse.......

Buckly J. Ewer
07-02-2017, 08:56 PM
I notice they never admit they have dimwits......they only point to ours........

There are sooooooooooo many though...dim witticisms are your stock in trade...
You are Fully Immersed in Trump's Colon so deep that you can no longer see the light, Pastor...

Buckly J. Ewer
07-02-2017, 08:59 PM
does that surprise you?.....you get incensed if we call you a lying liberal cunt......obviously driving a vehicle into a public monument is significantly worse.......

Jesus hates you when you talk like that, Pastor...
You will never get to live forever now...

PostmodernProphet
07-02-2017, 09:00 PM
on the other hand, no one could be offended if someone drove a vehicle into BucKKKle......

christiefan915
07-02-2017, 09:54 PM

My comment goes to ILA's remark about the Ten Commandments being Old Testament, you ignorant drunken fuck.

PostmodernProphet
07-03-2017, 06:17 AM
My comment goes to ILA's remark about the Ten Commandments being Old Testament, you ignorant drunken fuck.

oh Chrispy you poor soul......I don't need alcohol to point out your stupidity.......I just need your stupidity.......

Phantasmal
07-03-2017, 06:25 AM
PMP is a poster child for faux Christianity.

canceled.2021.3
07-03-2017, 06:29 AM

They are you dumb cunt

You still haven't shown you have a grasp on a Christianity. Which is why you will burn in hell. There is still a chance for you. Ours is a forgiving God

Amadeus
07-03-2017, 06:44 AM
They are you dumb cunt

You still haven't shown you have a grasp on a Christianity. Which is why you will burn in hell. There is still a chance for you. Ours is a forgiving God

Hope you realize that Trump has violated most of the moral commandments, and as a rich man is destined for Hell.

leaningright
07-03-2017, 07:17 AM
Is it possible to be a good Christian and a Trump supporter?

Change supporter to voter and I'd say "yes."

Because:

They ignore all his other anti-Christian behavior and flouting the Ten Commandments, or try to excuse it by saying trump's just fighting fire with fire.

I think all of us have to do this with almost any candidate of late. That is...if we're going to vote.

christiefan915
07-03-2017, 08:02 AM
oh Chrispy you poor soul......I don't need alcohol to point out your stupidity.......I just need your stupidity.......

Haters like you and IHA are poster children for those Christians who only talk the talk. The definition of "whited sepulchre."

christiefan915
07-03-2017, 11:22 AM
PMP is a poster child for faux Christianity.

They are both so ignorant. Catholics are Christians and we are taught to keep the commandments, among other faith articles.

Minister of Truth
07-03-2017, 11:37 AM
Did I say that?

Did you say anything?

Cypress
07-03-2017, 07:42 PM
does that surprise you?.....you get incensed if we call you a lying liberal ****......obviously driving a vehicle into a public monument is significantly worse.......

https://emmashipleyblog.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/sexist-troll.png

Cypress
07-03-2017, 07:53 PM

Because:

I think all of us have to do this with almost any candidate of late. That is...if we're going to vote.

This is a very disingenuous post.

Drumpf is in a league by himself. No president or major presidential candidate is even close to his arrogance, lack of character, incivility, obsession with profit, pussy grabbing, and pursuing women young enough to be his grand daughter.

Not Reagan. Not Obama. Not George W. Bush. Not Hillary Clinton. Not John McCain. Not John Kerry.

leaningright
07-03-2017, 08:32 PM

Drumpf is in a league by himself. No president or major presidential candidate is even close to his arrogance, lack of character, incivility, obsession with profit, $&@#% grabbing, and pursuing women young enough to be his grand daughter.

Not Reagan. Not Obama. Not George W. Bush. Not Hillary Clinton. Not John McCain. Not John Kerry.

Sorry, but take away the sex part and many will disagree with you about Hillary. Call them dumb or stupid or ... disingenuous or whatever. It's the way they think.

canceled.2021.3
07-03-2017, 09:39 PM
Hope you realize that Trump has violated most of the moral commandments, and as a rich man is destined for Hell.

Not true. Again, you don't understand Christianity if you believe that.

canceled.2021.3
07-03-2017, 09:41 PM

Drumpf is in a league by himself. No president or major presidential candidate is even close to his arrogance, lack of character, incivility, obsession with profit, pussy grabbing, and pursuing women young enough to be his grand daughter.

Did you leave out Bill Clinton on purpose?

Too funny. By the way all of them are multi millionaires. Just saying.

iewitness
07-03-2017, 09:50 PM
the us gov ain't holy and trump ain't no angel, but; I have reprieve of the damned and their global initiatives by the announced policies of trump and for that I am thankful to my Father. I am free. I am living in Him and I am glad for it. JUBILEE !!!

Cypress
07-03-2017, 10:16 PM
Sorry, but take away the sex part and many will disagree with you about Hillary. Call them dumb or stupid or ... disingenuous or whatever. It's the way they think.

Seriously, can we dispense with the B.S. ?

Hillary Clinton is not even close to being in the same league as the guy you support. The Orange Clown you support, you voted for, an and you defend is a pussy grabbing sociopath, lacking moral character and empathy, is belligerent, egotistical, and arrogant, and has spent his life in the pursuit of profit and women less than half his age.

I have to question either your judgement, or your honesty if you want to put Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, or John Kerry even in the same ball park as your Orange President

Bill
07-03-2017, 10:39 PM
Trump lies, cheats, steals, commits adultery, bare false witness, is hateful to immigrants, generally punches down on the poor and disadvantaged, openly admits that most people aren't worth respecting, says that women should be treated like shit. He's also 'rich', which pretty much means he's going destined for Hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sWzJZMTNd4

Condescending as hell & they ate it up.......

His lil cracker thingy, & the wine.. :rofl2:

He is a devout that never asked for forgiveness, never crossed his mindhttps://media.giphy.com/media/8aQon8mF1wg5q/giphy.gif

Bill
07-03-2017, 10:42 PM
on the other hand, no one could be offended if I drove a vehicle into BucKKKle......:evilnod: heathen!!

Bill
07-03-2017, 10:45 PM

Because:

LOL, so the dirty *&%^$^#^ was more Christian that cruz & the other self-proclaimed moralists??

leaningright
07-03-2017, 10:55 PM
LOL, so the dirty *&%^$^#^ was more Christian that cruz & the other self-proclaimed moralists??

Nope. But I didn't get to vote for Cruz or any of the others. My choice came down to Hillary or Trump. Exactly the same with one possible (now confirmed) difference, IMO. In my mind I could either not vote (which I think a lot of folks would like for Christians to decide to do) or vote for Trump.

Bill
07-03-2017, 10:59 PM
Nope. But I didn't get to vote for Cruz or any of the others. My choice came down to Hillary or Trump. Exactly the same with one possible (now confirmed) difference, IMO. In my mind I could either not vote (which I think a lot of folks would like for Christians to decide to do) or vote for Trump.

Oh, they don't allow write ins in your state, my bad..........

leaningright
07-03-2017, 11:02 PM

Hillary Clinton is not even close to being in the same league as the guy you support. The Orange Clown you support, you voted for, an and you defend is a $&@#% grabbing sociopath, lacking moral character and empathy, is belligerent, egotistical, and arrogant, and has spent his life in the pursuit of profit and women less than half his age.

I have to question either your judgement, or your honesty if you want to put Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, or John Kerry even in the same ball park as your Orange President

And we'll just have to disagree. No biggee. It isn't the first time my judgment has been questioned.

I will end with this: Yes, I support him because he is our president just as I supported president Bush and Obama. I don't defend that which I find reprehensible such as the comment to which you have been referring nor his Joe and Mika tweets. The CNN tweet was just funny...again, my opinion.

leaningright
07-03-2017, 11:09 PM
Oh, they don't allow write ins in your state, my bad..........

Guess I could have pulled a name (Rubio) out of the air awritten it in...but it really didn't matter. I went to bed that night thinking Mrs. Clinton would be the president when I woke up like most of the country did. Difference is I wasn't heavily invested in the election as I couldn't see any difference between the two except the possible one I previously mentioned.

Bill
07-03-2017, 11:13 PM
Guess I could have pulled a name (Rubio) out of the air awritten it in...but it really didn't matter. I went to bed that night thinking Mrs. Clinton would be the president when I woke up like most of the country did. Difference is I wasn't heavily invested in the election as I couldn't see any difference between the two except the possible one I previously mentioned.

No, it did matter...... You didn't vote for the one you wanted, the one YOU thought the most qualified, etc etc etc.......... You voted for someone else...........

If there was little to no difference between the two crappy ppl you should have voted for someone else, someone you wanted, @ least IMHO.......

Minister of Truth
07-03-2017, 11:26 PM

Hillary Clinton is not even close to being in the same league as the guy you support. The Orange Clown you support, you voted for, an and you defend is a pussy grabbing sociopath, lacking moral character and empathy, is belligerent, egotistical, and arrogant, and has spent his life in the pursuit of profit and women less than half his age.

So, Douchebag Donald is slightly more colourful than is Crooked Hillary...

leaningright
07-04-2017, 07:21 AM
No, it did matter...... You didn't vote for the one you wanted, the one YOU thought the most qualified, etc etc etc.......... You voted for someone else...........

If there was little to no difference between the two crappy ppl you should have voted for someone else, someone you wanted, @ least IMHO.......

I don't know of a single presidential election where I had a choice of who to voting for the person I actually wanted...except when I voted for Reagan. I thought GW Bush was a good choice first go 'round. Not so much. Then there was Obama/McCain (voted for Cynthia McKinney that year), Obama/Romney, and then this debacle of primaries and general.

So we're really back to the idea that Christians just shouldn't vote because that's essentially what you're advocating when you suggest they/I write in an arbitrary someone who isn't on the ballot.

Oh, and the reason I actually marked the ballot for Trump instead of voting for the libertarian or green candidate is outlined in a series of pre-election posts. It all came down to potential SCJ appointees.

It's been a pleasure.

Phantasmal
07-04-2017, 09:54 AM
So, Douchebag Donald is slightly more colourful than is Crooked Hillary...
I don't think Hillary Clinton cheated people out of money owed to them, the common man, the one that promised all these great things, beautiful things by Trump. It, to me, was the difference. Hillary in her past worked hard for the disadvantaged, Trump stole from them. Trump has always been a grifter.

Amadeus
07-04-2017, 10:48 AM
I don't think Hillary Clinton cheated people out of money owed to them, the common man, the one that promised all these great things, beautiful things by Trump. It, to me, was the difference. Hillary in her past worked hard for the disadvantaged, Trump stole from them. Trump has always been a grifter.

I think that Hillary has many, many flaws a politician, but her charity is/was legit, and she has literally saved and benefited thousands of lives through her work. OTOH, Trump is proactively malicious, even overtly so. He admits that most people aren't worthy of respect.

Bill
07-04-2017, 11:58 AM
I don't know of a single presidential election where I had a choice of who to voting for the person I actually wanted...except when I voted for Reagan. I thought GW Bush was a good choice first go 'round. Not so much. Then there was Obama/McCain (voted for Cynthia McKinney that year), Obama/Romney, and then this debacle of primaries and general.

So we're really back to the idea that Christians just shouldn't vote because that's essentially what you're advocating when you suggest they/I write in an arbitrary someone who isn't on the ballot.

Oh, and the reason I actually marked the ballot for Trump instead of voting for the libertarian or green candidate is outlined in a series of pre-election posts. It all came down to potential SCJ appointees.

It's been a pleasure.
Lol, I voted for McKinney as well....

I voted for Jill stein..

I will check them out sometime, thnx

jmotivator
08-10-2017, 02:12 PM

So many anti-Trumpers have a pretty obvious blind spot when it comes to Christians who support Trump.

Most Christians tend to accept that humanity is flawed. Without flaws we'd need no redemption. So it isn't hypocritical to support a sinner just because they are a sinner... we are all sinners.

The reason that many Christians backed Trump is because they had just endured 8 years of an SJW president lecturing Christians on Christianity and bending the power of the government against Christianity and practicing your religion as we see fit. We voted for Trump not because he is a good Christian, we voted for Trump because, unlike anyone the Democrats have shoved in our faces in the last 50 years, Trump will leave us alone to practice Christianity in peace.