PDA

View Full Version : Woman in wheelchair on way to gun practice shoots mugger

NewsBoy
09-09-2006, 02:57 PM
POSTED: 1:59 p.m. EDT, September 9, 2006

NEW YORK (AP) -- Margaret Johnson might have looked like an easy target.

But when a mugger tried to grab a chain off her neck Friday, the 56-year-old Johnson, while riding in her wheelchair, pulled out her licensed .357 pistol and shot him, police said.

Johnson said she was in Manhattan's Harlem neighborhood on her way to a shooting range when the man, identified by police as 45-year-old Deron Johnson, came up from behind and went for the chain.

"There's not much to it," she said in a brief interview. "Somebody tried to mug me, and I shot him."

Deron Johnson was taken to Harlem Hospital with a single bullet wound in the elbow, police said. He faces a robbery charge, said Lt. John Grimpel, a police spokesman.

More at link... (http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/09/09/wheelchair.shooter.ap/index.html)

LadyT
09-11-2006, 11:26 AM
LOL! That's a great story!

uscitizen
09-11-2006, 11:32 AM
Anyone that would mug someone in a wheelchair deserves to be shot, give that lady a medal.

uscitizen
09-11-2006, 11:38 AM
Upon reflection, I think all muggers deserve to be shot.

LadyT
09-11-2006, 11:50 AM
I know! He probably thought she was easy prey too. Little did he know. I wonder if the cops were laughing at him when they brought him in.

TheDanold
09-11-2006, 11:54 AM
Interesting how we never heard these positive gun stories back in the 90's when more gun control was a hot-ticket Dem party position. Now that the Dem party took a break from attacking guns to try and pretend to look more moderate and get elected, the Liberal media has no qualms about putting out positive gun stories.
Take note.

uscitizen
09-11-2006, 11:59 AM
OHHH all demoncrats are antigun and can't change their mind even if they were antigun ? Huh Dano ? Crippled by your stereotypical viewpoints on libs and dems ?

Gaffer
09-11-2006, 12:02 PM
Interesting how we never heard these positive gun stories back in the 90's when more gun control was a hot-ticket Dem party position. Now that the Dem party took a break from attacking guns to try and pretend to look more moderate and get elected, the Liberal media has no qualms about putting out positive gun stories.
Take note.

In the 90's she would have been charged with felonious assault on the poor unarmed mugger. How dare she defend herself.

Now days she's applauded and its Bush's fault.

LadyT
09-11-2006, 12:04 PM
In the 90's she would have been charged with felonious assault on the poor unarmed mugger. How dare she defend herself.

Are you kidding or do you have links to back up this claim?

Damocles
09-11-2006, 12:24 PM

He would probably sue... like this guy:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,198988,00.html

And he might win like this guy:

BURGLAR breaks in. Homeowner shoots burglar. Burglar sues homeowner. Insurance company settles with burglar. Argghhh! Nothing is more infuriating than criminals turning around and suing law-abiding citizens.

http://starbulletin.com/98/02/11/editorial/chang.html

You can find quite a few stories like it on this site:

http://www.overlawyered.com/topics/responsib.html

robdastud
09-11-2006, 12:31 PM
Take note.

one problem gorgeous... gun laws are a state issue... and last time i checked NY had some strict gun laws...

uscitizen
09-11-2006, 12:48 PM
It is Bush's fault ???? Wow, what universe do you spend most of your time in ?

IHateGovernment
09-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Gun laws are not always a state issue. There are federal gun laws as well.

uscitizen
09-11-2006, 12:57 PM
I believe almost all if not all the gun laws in my state are federal. We hillbillys like our guns.