PDA

View Full Version : Bush misses the point

Beefy
01-15-2008, 03:53 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/15/bush.mideast.ap/index.html

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) -- President Bush on Tuesday gently nudged OPEC to raise production levels, saying he hopes the oil cartel will consider how high oil prices are straining the U.S. economy.

President Bush stayed up well past his regular bedtime for after-dinner talks with the king in his opulent palace.

Bush said he is speaking with Saudi King Abdullah about oil prices, which recently surged past $100 a barrel.

"Oil prices are very high, which is tough on our economy," Bush said. "I would hope, as OPEC considers different production levels, that they understand that if ... one of their biggest consumers' economy suffers, it will mean less purchases, less oil and gas sold."

Yes, now the middle east is scratching their heads and wondering why they never figured out that higher gas prices are actually bad for them, but Bush, our beloved W succinctly explains it above. I'm certain they're founding the GW School of economics at the University of Riyahd as we speak.

Why do we have this guy again?

gonzojournals
01-15-2008, 03:55 AM
1 more year, 1 more year, 1 one more year

Beefy
01-15-2008, 03:57 AM
1 more year, 1 more year, 1 one more year

Yeah. And then the next president gets to use his dumbass as a platform. It's a sad state of affairs my friend.

WRL
01-15-2008, 04:08 AM
Boy the intellect of the hate bush first crowd is astounding...

WTF is your point, it's basic economics, Bush is playing the hand strings on the bottom line, it's an effective pitch.

Beefy
01-15-2008, 04:14 AM
Boy the intellect of the hate bush first crowd is astounding...

WTF is your point, it's basic economics, Bush is playing the hand strings on the bottom line, it's an effective pitch.

You miss the point as well. He's playing nice with the Saudis while pointing guns at Iran. Both are OPEC, his stupid sales job doesn't fly. He can't have it both ways.

WRL
01-15-2008, 04:21 AM
No one is jumping to war with Iran, or those fast boats would be at the bottom of the sea. Bush is shooting straight about Iran, not warmongering. OPEC is a collection of nations, many moderate, who have no stake in Iran or it's power plays in the region, and don't want to see burgeoning markets cut out from underneath them. It's an effective pitch and you've let hatred cloud your clear judgment on many issues lately.

Beefy
01-15-2008, 04:25 AM
No one is jumping to war with Iran, or those fast boats would be at the bottom of the sea. Bush is shooting straight about Iran, not warmongering. OPEC is a collection of nations, many moderate, who have no stake in Iran or it's power plays in the region, and don't want to see burgeoning markets cut out from underneath them. It's an effective pitch and you've let hatred cloud your clear judgment on many issues lately.

No Larry, I haven't. I just don't turn a blind eye to shit that harms my country, no matter which party they belong to. If you think W is shooting straight about Iran, then you seriously need to reexamine where your loyalties are coming from.

WRL
01-15-2008, 04:48 AM
Listen, I've done mentioned to you before about questioning my loyalties, I wore the uniform for America, not Bush, or Republicans, and am willing to do it again, I have my political beliefs and they are strong because I've spent many hours formulating them, it has nothing to do with my patriotism. I do not want war, but we can't let wearyness cause us to make a bad decision, that's all.

DamnYankee
01-15-2008, 06:12 AM
No one is jumping to war with Iran, or those fast boats would be at the bottom of the sea. Bush is shooting straight about Iran, not warmongering. OPEC is a collection of nations, many moderate, who have no stake in Iran or it's power plays in the region, and don't want to see burgeoning markets cut out from underneath them. It's an effective pitch and you've let hatred cloud your clear judgment on many issues lately. I could not have said it better.:usflag:

WRL
01-15-2008, 06:14 AM
Well thanks...

DamnYankee
01-15-2008, 06:15 AM
Yes, now the middle east is scratching their heads and wondering why they never figured out that higher gas prices are actually bad for them, but Bush, our beloved W succinctly explains it above. I'm certain they're founding the GW School of economics at the University of Riyahd as we speak.

Why do we have this guy again?

Maybe if the Libs would allow oil drilling/ natural gas/ nuclear power/ wind turbines within US borders we could tell OPEC to pound sand. :pke:

WRL
01-15-2008, 06:19 AM
A good point yourself, ANWAR, the coastlines, clean coal technologies, nuclear, we dont' have to be as dependent, if Dims would get out of the way.

DamnYankee
01-15-2008, 06:29 AM
There is no legitimate argument against doing just that.

Hermes Thoth
01-15-2008, 06:31 AM

Is saudi arabia a "moderate nation"?

WRL
01-15-2008, 06:44 AM

Well that depends on specifically what you are asking, the people or the government? In the political spectrum that exists within that country the government is.

Hermes Thoth
01-15-2008, 06:49 AM
Well that depends on specifically what you are asking, the people or the government? In the political spectrum that exists within that country the government is.

So the definition of moderate varies nation by nation, depending on the how the government is situated ideologically relative to the people?

Hmmmmm,sounds like bullshit.

Are you aware that saudi arabia has been funding terrorist-training madrassas for the last few decades all around the middle east? Is that moderate?

Is islam really the religion of peace as bush says, or that a fat lie like everything else?

Hermes Thoth
01-15-2008, 06:49 AM

So the definition of moderate varies nation by nation, depending on the how the government is situated ideologically relative to the people?

Are you aware that saudi arabia has been funding terrorist-training madrassas for the last few decades all around the middle east? Is that moderate?

Is islam really the religion of peace as bush says, or is that a fat lie like everything else?

DamnYankee
01-15-2008, 07:16 AM
[1]So the definition of moderate varies nation by nation, depending on the how the government is situated ideologically relative to the people?

[2] Is islam really the religion of peace as bush says, or that a fat lie like everything else?

1. A nation is made up of many factions. For example here in the US we have conservatives, moderates, and liberals. You can't paint us with a braod brush.
2. That is a big fat lie. However if Bush told the truth about Islam the Liberals would crucify him.

Onceler
01-15-2008, 07:24 AM
Islam is as much a religion of peace as Christianity is.

FUCK THE POLICE
01-15-2008, 07:34 AM

Is islam really the religion of peace as bush says, or is that a fat lie like everything else?

I hate Islam and Christianity equally.

Hermes Thoth
01-15-2008, 07:38 AM
I hate Islam and Christianity equally.

They're both pretty gay. Though I believe in morality, mine is rationally derived, not based on commandments from supernatural sources.

Hermes Thoth
01-15-2008, 07:39 AM

Less so, actually.

Hermes Thoth
01-15-2008, 07:42 AM
1. A nation is made up of many factions. For example here in the US we have conservatives, moderates, and liberals. You can't paint us with a braod brush.

So what is a moderate nation? Now the whole concept of description or classification is wrong, because nations are diverse? You're like arguing with a liberal.

2. That is a big fat lie. However if Bush told the truth about Islam the Liberals would crucify him.

And it would piss of the Saudis to whom we have promised dominion over the mideast.
That's the real reason, isn't it?

DamnYankee
01-15-2008, 07:50 AM
So what is a moderate nation? Now the whole concept of description or classification is wrong, because nations are diverse? You're like arguing with a liberal.

And it would piss of the Saudis to whom we have promised dominion over the mideast.
That's the real reason, isn't it?

1. The point is that we have to negotiate with the ruling faction.
2. I don't subscribe to conspiracies. The real reason is that there are billions of Muslims and it would not be wise to alienate them.

Hermes Thoth
01-15-2008, 07:55 AM

No we don't. It's also a radical islamic nation funding terrorism. We're laying down with one thug to extend our power, and telling lies in the process. It's completely arbitrary. IF we had chosen iran as our regional thug, we would now be hyping up war against saudi arabia.

2. I don't subscribe to conspiracies. The real reason is that there are billions of Muslims and it would not be wise to alienate them.

We should alienate all insane theocratic regimes, as a matter of principle.

Cypress
01-15-2008, 08:09 AM

Is that your position on the government of Iran, or do you favor the bush policy of Beligerence and war mongering with respect to iran?

Didn't you call the Holy Koran, the Book of Violent Jihad (http://justplainpolitics.com/showpost.php?p=190666&postcount=1), in an insulting and derogatory way?

Hermes Thoth
01-15-2008, 08:11 AM
Is that your position on the government of Iran, or do you favor the bush policy of Beligerence and war mongering with respect to iran?

Didn't you call the Holy Koran, the Book of Violent Jihad (http://justplainpolitics.com/showpost.php?p=190666&postcount=1), in an insulting and derogatory way?

I smell a skewering.

Hermes Thoth
01-15-2008, 08:13 AM
We are SO violating The Prime Directive.

DamnYankee
01-15-2008, 08:24 AM

1. The leaders of Iran are the problem, not the people. In SA almost the eact opposite is true.

2. No I didn't there, but I have in the past. However I am not a politician representing the free world; I have the luxury of telling the ugly truth.

DamnYankee
01-15-2008, 08:24 AM
I smell a skewering. I smell a cheer leader. A fishy one at that. ;)

Hermes Thoth
01-15-2008, 08:27 AM
I smell a cheer leader. A fishy one at that. ;)

You're the cheerleader, for death. Death's cheerleader, that is REALLY a rank aroma.

DamnYankee
01-15-2008, 08:31 AM
You're the cheerleader, for death. Death's cheerleader, that is REALLY a rank aroma. For being pragmatic, instead of like you, dissing a violent religion of 1 billion? :rolleyes:

Hermes Thoth
01-15-2008, 08:38 AM
For being pragmatic, instead of like you, dissing a violent religion of 1 billion? :rolleyes:

Oh yes. Pragmatic = aligning with bastards. THe globalist way. I reject your paradigm.

uscitizen
01-15-2008, 09:44 AM

Amen brother Lorax.

gonzojournals
01-15-2008, 09:58 AM

Um, no. There are roughly 2 billion Christians in the world (1.2 billion of those being Catholic, of course), and just over a billion Muslims. There are more Catholics in the world than Muslims (by a hundred thousand or so).

Don't buy into that Muslims are some sort of majority.

DamnYankee
01-15-2008, 11:38 AM
Um, no. There are roughly 2 billion Christians in the world (1.2 billion of those being Catholic, of course), and just over a billion Muslims. There are more Catholics in the world than Muslims (by a hundred thousand or so).

Don't buy into that Muslims are some sort of majority. Yeah, a billion is not much to worry about. :rolleyes:

Hermes Thoth
01-15-2008, 12:38 PM
Yeah, a billion is not much to worry about. :rolleyes:

You can worry and kiss their ass. I'm not going to.

You're a puss.

Socrtease
01-15-2008, 01:59 PM

Yeah they are so moderate they actually let a bunch of little girls burn to death because they weren't dressed properly for a rescue.

Beefy
01-15-2008, 02:03 PM

Ridiculous tap dancing. Saudi Arabia is not a moderate country, you should be able to come right out and say it. Good God.

DamnYankee
01-15-2008, 02:49 PM
You can worry and kiss their ass. I'm not going to.

You're a puss.

[insult detected] Ding ding! Another victory to the Southern Man!

Beefy
01-15-2008, 02:50 PM

So far as I can tell, AssHat roundhouse kicked you in the face in this thread.

Hermes Thoth
01-15-2008, 02:51 PM

I don't think so. You have exagerrated fears in you head, which are causing you to enter into wrongheaded alliances.

Socrtease
01-15-2008, 02:52 PM
So far as I can tell, AssHat roundhouse kicked you in the face in this thread.Beefy do you always have on your asshat cheerleading uniform or is it a sort of quick change thing?

Beefy
01-15-2008, 02:53 PM
Beefy do you always have on your asshat cheerleading uniform or is it a sort of quick change thing?

Its always on. AssHat rules. And he did indeed crush Southern Man in this thread.

Hermes Thoth
01-15-2008, 02:54 PM
Beefy do you always have on your asshat cheerleading uniform or is it a sort of quick change thing?

face it socr. I rule. Beefy is merely willing to be honest, instead of being intimidated by the many indoctrinated globalist fascist haters, you being one.

gonzojournals
01-15-2008, 03:04 PM
AHZ does have the uncanny ability to find fascists everywhere, completely ignoring ideology.

DamnYankee
01-15-2008, 04:17 PM
So far as I can tell, AssHat roundhouse kicked you in the face in this thread. Wrong-o. Resorting to an insult or threat is a clear sign of defeat.

uscitizen
01-15-2008, 04:37 PM
I think southernguy and asshat are pretty well matched, just different ideologies.

DamnYankee
01-15-2008, 04:41 PM
I think southernguy and asshat are pretty well matched, just different ideologies. The Southern Man is also a God-fearing Southern Gentleman and therefore does not insult, threaten, or curse.

uscitizen
01-15-2008, 04:46 PM
as I said different ideologies.

DamnYankee
01-15-2008, 05:11 PM
as I said different ideologies. Yes, and as we have seen, different temperments, tactics, and attitudes.

Hermes Thoth
01-15-2008, 05:15 PM
The Southern Man is also a God-fearing Southern Gentleman and therefore does not insult, threaten, or curse.

But if you uses curses and insults as an excuse to abandon the discussion, that's just being a girly coward.

:clink:

WRL
01-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Ridiculous tap dancing. Saudi Arabia is not a moderate country, you should be able to come right out and say it. Good God.

Given the psycho's running around that nation, the government is very moderate. No tap dance at all, it just wasn't a straight forward question.

Hermes Thoth
01-15-2008, 05:22 PM
Wrong-o. Resorting to an insult or threat is a clear sign of defeat.

no. That's not a sign of defeat. Me kicking your ass is sign of defeat of you, however.

Hermes Thoth
01-15-2008, 05:23 PM
AHZ does have the uncanny ability to find fascists everywhere, completely ignoring ideology.

Hey fascist, let's go over your National Collaborationism again, and how you will "convince" people to accept their position in life.

DamnYankee
01-15-2008, 06:12 PM
But if you uses curses and insults as an excuse to abandon the discussion, that's just being a girly coward.

:clink:
I will abandon the discussion at a time of my choosing.

Hermes Thoth
01-15-2008, 06:19 PM
I will abandon the discussion at a time of my choosing.

OK. But if the last point I made shows me to be correct, and you run away for a random undisclosed reason instead of refuting it, you will look like a butt crack.

DamnYankee
01-15-2008, 06:33 PM
OK. But if the last point I made shows me to be correct, and you run away for a random undisclosed reason instead of refuting it, you will look like a butt crack. Southern Man does not run from a fight, but he may leave if the opponent is soundly defeated but not man enough to admit it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eMkth8FWno

Minister of Truth
01-15-2008, 07:24 PM
You miss the point as well. He's playing nice with the Saudis while pointing guns at Iran. Both are OPEC, his stupid sales job doesn't fly. He can't have it both ways.

We don't buy from Iran though. If there is division within, then OPEC loses some power of price intimidation.

gonzojournals
01-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Hey fascist, let's go over your National Collaborationism again, and how you will "convince" people to accept their position in life.

I have no idea what "National Collaborationism" is, but it sounds fascinating.

Tell me how you plan on convincing the world that it is run by evil Jews.

Hermes Thoth
01-15-2008, 10:00 PM
I have no idea what "National Collaborationism" is, but it sounds fascinating.

Oh. Excuse me. I meant "National Collaborativist". Don't you remember this thread you started (http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?t=7593)? It's the one where i educated your ignorant ass on topics far and wide.

Beefy
01-16-2008, 03:56 AM
Given the psycho's running around that nation, the government is very moderate. No tap dance at all, it just wasn't a straight forward question.

Yes, moderate governments sentence rape victims to whippings and jailtime for being in a car with a man who isn't a relative or husband. Moderate governments most certainly cut off peoples hands for stealing and don't let women vote or drive. Certainly they're moderate. :rolleyes:

How you can say they're moderate? Look up how the Saudi government does business Larry. It's bullshit Larry. Pure hackery to claim that they're some sort of relative moderates..

The Saudi's are NOT MODERATE.

Your emperor is wearing no clothes.

The whole middle east is fucked up, and you claim that the Saudi government is moderate? LOLOLOLOL

And you wonder why I question your judgement.

Hermes Thoth
01-16-2008, 06:19 AM
Beefy just pimp-slapped wrl!

uscitizen
01-16-2008, 06:53 AM
Yes, moderate governments sentence rape victims to whippings and jailtime for being in a car with a man who isn't a relative or husband. Moderate governments most certainly cut off peoples hands for stealing and don't let women vote or drive. Certainly they're moderate. :rolleyes:

How you can say they're moderate? Look up how the Saudi government does business Larry. It's bullshit Larry. Pure hackery to claim that they're some sort of relative moderates..

The Saudi's are NOT MODERATE.

Your emperor is wearing no clothes.

The whole middle east is fucked up, and you claim that the Saudi government is moderate? LOLOLOLOL

And you wonder why I question your judgement.

Saudi Arabia will most likely fall apart within 5 years or so.

Hermes Thoth
01-16-2008, 08:40 AM
Saudi Arabia will most likely fall apart within 5 years or so.

How do you figure?