PDA

View Full Version : Best Movie Ever

FUCK THE POLICE
09-07-2006, 11:50 PM
I'm going to put the current scores each one has in this quote box, and average them out as the scores come in:

Shawshank Redemption - 8.75
A beautiful mind - 8
Mulholland Drive - Doesn't have enough people who have scored it
It's a wonderful life - 7
the princess bride - 5 and 1/3
Winged Migration - 4
Star Wars series - 6
The Godfather - 8
Citizen Kane - 8
Casablanca - 7
Police Academy - 5
The Wizard of Oz - 6.25
The Road Warrior - 4 and 2/3
American Beauty - 8 and 1/3
To Kill a Mockingbird - 6 and 2/3
Dr. Strangelove - 6
eternal sunshine of the spotless mind - 7 and 2/3
The Battle Of Algiers - 4
Lawrence of Arabia - 6.5
Seven Sumari - Everyone leaves this out of their list for some odd reason
Lost in Translation - 6.25
Lord of the Rings trilogy - 7.25

For convenience, one list without the averages:

Shawshank Redemption
A beautiful mind
Mulholland Drive
It's a wonderful life
the princess bride
Winged Migration
Star Wars series
The Godfather
Citizen Kane
Casablanca
Police Academy
The Wizard of Oz
The Road Warrior
American Beauty
To Kill a Mockingbird
Dr. Strangelove
eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
The Battle Of Algiers
Lawrence of Arabia
Seven Sumarai
Lost in Translation
Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Copy and paste this list into your reply box, and then give each movie a score between 1 and 10, or you can choose not to have an opinion on the movie by placing an "X" beside it (use this option very stingily, so that an option doesn't win merely because no one had an opinion on it). Now, all of these are good movies, so it may seem tempting to give each 10, but this will make your vote meaningless. Exaggerate your preferences a little bit, because this is really great company.

If the final results are inconclusive, I will "reweight" each vote and then take the winner and the second place choice in a runoff.

A general rule is that you shouldn't give anything less than a 4 - this is to avoid a few extreme people burying some good movies.

I'm going to put the current scores each one has in this quote box, and average them out as the scores come in:

IHateGovernment
09-08-2006, 08:41 AM
Take off Atticus from your list. Atticus is the father from to kill a mockingbird.

Blackflag
09-08-2006, 09:07 AM
Dang I thought I nominated Seven Samurai. Maybe I forgot to hit the post button.

robdastud
09-08-2006, 09:33 AM
mullholland drive is the stupidest movie in the world.

FUCK THE POLICE
09-08-2006, 02:25 PM
Dang I thought I nominated Seven Samurai. Maybe I forgot to hit the post button.

You never got a second on that one. Since you didn't specify an order, I simply took the first one off of your list.

Oh wait..

Did IHG second it? these order get confusing sometime. Since no one has yet to throw a ballot in, I'll just put it in there.

Damocles
09-08-2006, 02:28 PM
Remember to remove "Atticus", that's a name of a character, not a movie.

FUCK THE POLICE
09-08-2006, 02:31 PM
My ballot, if you guys need an example:

Shawshank Redemption - 9
A beautiful mind - 7
Mulholland Drive - X
It's a wonderful life - 10
the princess bride - 8
Winged Migration - 5
Star Wars series - 6
The Godfather - 7
Citizen Kane - 10
Casablanca - X
Police Academy - 4
The Wizard of Oz - 6
The Road Warrior - 4
American Beauty - 10
To Kill a Mockingbird - X
Dr. Strangelove - X
eternal sunshine of the spotless mind - 9
The Battle Of Algiers - 4
Lawrence of Arabia - X
Lost in Translation - 10
Lord of the Rings trilogy - 7

Gaffer
09-08-2006, 02:35 PM
You left out the War of the Rings trilogy.

FUCK THE POLICE
09-08-2006, 02:37 PM
You left out the War of the Rings trilogy.

Uhmmm...

Did you seriously nominate that?

Gaffer
09-08-2006, 04:27 PM
Uhmmm...

Did you seriously nominate that?

wellllll......note my avitar.

FUCK THE POLICE
09-09-2006, 06:52 AM
bump

FUCK THE POLICE
09-10-2006, 06:40 PM
Is anyone else going to decide to post their ratings?

FUCK THE POLICE
09-11-2006, 04:45 AM
Bump :)

FUCK THE POLICE
09-11-2006, 03:38 PM
OK, this is ridiculous! Someone post something!

uscitizen
09-11-2006, 04:00 PM
Attica not atticus :)

Damocles
09-11-2006, 08:21 PM
We'll get there... In our own time there H2O...

FUCK THE POLICE
09-12-2006, 08:26 PM
So, do you want me to keep on bumping forever?

Or should I just give up and declare citizen Kane the winner (with me as the tiebreaker, obviously, since I'm the only one who actually voted)?

FUCK THE POLICE
09-13-2006, 06:23 PM
bump

Damocles
09-13-2006, 10:19 PM
Keep bumping... I'll get to it when I have more time...

FUCK THE POLICE
09-14-2006, 05:45 AM
You're teasing me... playing with my emotions... I can tell...

Damocles
09-14-2006, 06:08 AM
Shawshank Redemption - 10
A beautiful mind - 9
Mulholland Drive - X
It's a wonderful life - 3
the princess bride - 5
Winged Migration - X
Star Wars series - 5
The Godfather - 7
Citizen Kane - X
Casablanca - X
Police Academy - 4
The Wizard of Oz - 5
The Road Warrior - 5
American Beauty - 7
To Kill a Mockingbird - 8
Dr. Strangelove - X
eternal sunshine of the spotless mind - 4
The Battle Of Algiers - X
Lawrence of Arabia - 5
Lost in Translation - 4
Lord of the Rings trilogy - 6

FUCK THE POLICE
09-14-2006, 05:31 PM
I don't think you heard me whenever I stated that you can't give any song a rating under 4. I'll just change it for ya, then...

FUCK THE POLICE
09-14-2006, 05:33 PM
OMG. You know nothing about Cinema. Amercan Beauty FOUR? Lost in Translation fucking TWO? YOU RATED FUCKING STAR WARS ABOVE FUCKING LOST IN TRANSLARTION! Ludcicrous crap.

All other ballots will be insulted in this way, in case anyone was wondering.

FUCK THE POLICE
09-14-2006, 05:33 PM
Now, to rate Lord of the Rings above Lost in translation... that's simply a crime.

Damocles
09-14-2006, 08:05 PM
Now, to rate Lord of the Rings above Lost in translation... that's simply a crime.
No, it isn't. You are just fundamentally retarded when it comes to taste.

FUCK THE POLICE
09-15-2006, 06:34 AM
No, it isn't. You are just fundamentally retarded when it comes to taste.

The Lord of the Rings was a huge extravaganza, with all kinds of lights, and and sounds, but as far as substance it had little.

I'm guessing you're simply jealous because you put in the wrong ballot. But you weren't supposed to rate anyone below 4, as I said. This is to limit the damage one person with bad taste can cause :) .

FUCK THE POLICE
09-15-2006, 06:36 AM
I do find your scores interesting, however...

A very odd combination, in my opinion. Most people who like Sunshine of the Spotless mind like deep movies that provoke thought, and shun media extravaganza's.

FUCK THE POLICE
09-15-2006, 06:38 AM
I mean, you didn't take my insulting comments seriously, did you Damo? I forgot to put a " :) " beside it and on the internet that can make all the difference in what a person believe you're sayin.

Damocles
09-15-2006, 06:49 AM
I do find your scores interesting, however...

A very odd combination, in my opinion. Most people who like Sunshine of the Spotless mind like deep movies that provoke thought, and shun media extravaganza's.
I like all things that entertain me. However the "media extravaganza" that was Lord of the Rings followed the books so well it deserves to get huge points just for that.

Damocles
09-15-2006, 06:50 AM
I mean, you didn't take my insulting comments seriously, did you Damo? I forgot to put a " :) " beside it and on the internet that can make all the difference in what a person believe you're sayin.
Why is it that people think I'm taking everything seriously...

uscitizen
09-15-2006, 10:46 AM
I go for entertainment, not the stuff that the Academy awards and such goes for. Like wine, I might like $12 wine much better than $100 wine, regardless of what the "experts " say :)

FUCK THE POLICE
09-15-2006, 01:53 PM
I like all things that entertain me. However the "media extravaganza" that was Lord of the Rings followed the books so well it deserves to get huge points just for that.

Well, the Lord of the Rings is sort of light stuff. You can read it, get interested in it, but it's not much more than that. It never really arouses strong emotions in you. It's like a bag of cheetos.

I guess you have to be an artist to understand that kind of thought... peopl call us "elitist", but it's just a fact that we're better than you, and all of the recent movies that have recently gotten more money than better movies are proof of that.

FUCK THE POLICE
09-15-2006, 01:55 PM
I go for entertainment, not the stuff that the Academy awards and such goes for. Like wine, I might like $12 wine much better than $100 wine, regardless of what the "experts " say :)

Well, I like to call this "expertisization". Whenever something gets big enough, "experts" emerge in the field and start copying the desirable traits of other art. After a while, everythings the same, and it all is much worse than what the "non-experts" made before the "experts" came along. Just look at the state of movies today. has anything even coming close to "Citizen Kane" been produced in the last ten years?

klaatu
09-15-2006, 02:07 PM
Shawshank Redemption - 8
A beautiful mind - 9
Mulholland Drive - X
It's a wonderful life - 9
the princess bride - X
Winged Migration - X
Star Wars series - 8
The Godfather - 10
Citizen Kane - 10
Casablanca - 9
Police Academy - (-10)
The Wizard of Oz - 9
The Road Warrior - 5
American Beauty - 8
To Kill a Mockingbird - 8
Dr. Strangelove - 7
eternal sunshine of the spotless mind - X
The Battle Of Algiers - X
Lawrence of Arabia - 8
Lost in Translation - 4
Lord of the Rings trilogy - 8

uscitizen
09-15-2006, 02:08 PM
Wm, I have watched Citizen Kane and was not very thrilled. I watch movies for enjoyment not to critique them. I could not care less what others think of a movie if I enjoy it. Just a lone wolf reble I guess. Signed Abbey Normal.

klaatu
09-15-2006, 02:09 PM
I cant believe Pulp Fiction didnt make this list ....

uscitizen
09-15-2006, 02:11 PM
Pulp fiction sucked big time to me.
the wife unit dragged me to that one, she still owes me big time for that.

klaatu
09-15-2006, 02:11 PM
Wm, I have watched Citizen Kane and was not very thrilled. I watch movies for enjoyment not to critique them. I could not care less what others think of a movie if I enjoy it. Just a lone wolf reble I guess. Signed Abbey Normal.

Thats the way you should watch them... for enjoyment..., shoot I still get a ton of laughs watching "Revenge of the Nerds"

klaatu
09-15-2006, 02:13 PM
Pulp fiction sucked big time to me.
the wife unit dragged me to that one, she still owes me big time for that.

Well I have to disagree with you big time on this.... Pulp Fiction was a work of art ... but thats my opinion....

uscitizen
09-15-2006, 02:15 PM
Well different people appreciate different forms of art, so it is allright to disagree and normal. How about Airplane and most things with Leslie Neilson ?

klaatu
09-15-2006, 02:17 PM
Well different people appreciate different forms of art, so it is allright to disagree and normal. How about Airplane and most things with Leslie Neilson ?

Love Airplane! And Neilson was damn funny ....

klaatu
09-15-2006, 02:18 PM
And so was Peter Sellers! "Being There" is one of my favorites ....

Damocles
09-15-2006, 02:23 PM
Well, the Lord of the Rings is sort of light stuff. You can read it, get interested in it, but it's not much more than that. It never really arouses strong emotions in you. It's like a bag of cheetos.

I guess you have to be an artist to understand that kind of thought... peopl call us "elitist", but it's just a fact that we're better than you, and all of the recent movies that have recently gotten more money than better movies are proof of that.
Man are you off on this... The LOTR has brought extreme joy to many generations. This is truly art. That the new movies followed the books so well can only create a new and truly longstanding following.

The books specifically though were truly works of American Literature and are actually taught as such.

uscitizen
09-15-2006, 03:13 PM
And so was Peter Sellers! "Being There" is one of my favorites ....

OH, yes!!! glad you reminded me one of my all time favorites.

FUCK THE POLICE
09-15-2006, 03:16 PM
Man are you off on this... The LOTR has brought extreme joy to many generations. This is truly art. That the new movies followed the books so well can only create a new and truly longstanding following.

The books specifically though were truly works of American Literature and are actually taught as such.

Well, it was good, but it simply wasn't good in the way that such literary accomplishments as "Of Mice and Men" and "1984". It wasn't a Greek tragedy, it was an Anglo-Saxon epic.

FUCK THE POLICE
09-15-2006, 03:17 PM
Many times the critics get things wrong... but the public almost always gets things much more wrong. Call that an elitist view, but I don't care.

FUCK THE POLICE
09-15-2006, 03:18 PM
Well, maybe I was too harsh in my judgement of LOTR. Comparing it to "American Beauty" is like comparing apples to oranges.

uscitizen
09-15-2006, 03:20 PM
I have to agree that the lord of the rings books were good but not great. I found them a bit tedious to read. And I read a lot, I average 1 book per week.

uscitizen
09-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Maybe Altzheimers if I get it will cut down on my book purchases. I will be able to read the same book each week :)

FUCK THE POLICE
09-15-2006, 03:31 PM
Yes... the writing style wasn't terrific. I've fallen asleep twice trying to read it, and I eventually just gave up. Heck, I didn't even fall asleep during Wuthering Heights, if that tells you anything about the situation. But it was an epic, a different type of fiction that what we're usually used to. Whether you like it or not depends on whether you prefer epics or tragic dramas.

uscitizen
09-15-2006, 03:34 PM
heck I usually read tech stuff to fall asleep :)

Damocles
09-15-2006, 04:35 PM
True, but I wasn't comparing. I rated the movies as I liked them, or not. Sometimes heady movies are just boring, sometimes they grip my attention like none other. Sometimes fluff like Airplane deserves the thumbs up...

I'm not going to change what I like to fit in with some inane "artiste" ideation that I must follow or be considered "unwashed". I'll shower and enjoy my movie anyway.

FUCK THE POLICE
09-15-2006, 08:40 PM
Ah, the ignorant masses speak.

Damocles
09-15-2006, 08:56 PM
Ah, the ignorant masses speak.
I am truly knowledgeable on exactly what I like, too bad you care so much about it...

Go, watch boring drivel and pretend to like it so you can fit in with the "elite"... I'll actually enjoy my life without pretense.

:D

:p

(I win)

FUCK THE POLICE
09-16-2006, 03:12 PM
Have fun counting explosions and watching the same movie with a different name for the 30th time.

Damocles
09-16-2006, 03:18 PM
Have fun counting explosions and watching the same movie with a different name for the 30th time.
Just so long as I don't have to rub elbows with the "elite" and discuss some boring documentary-style borefest I'll be good. Enjoy your next borefest and your plastic Stepford Party with all the "elite" pretending they think you are witty.

:D

FUCK THE POLICE
09-16-2006, 03:23 PM
Seriously - how many times have I seen a white meets black cop movie? I mean, it's getting kind of ridiculous. How can you write THAT many scripts for what's basically the same movie? And every single one of them has the famous radio scene with the black guy switching it to rap and the white guy switching it to country or some stupid dorky shit like that.

it's like hollywood now has a "shitty movie formula" that they must abide by.

Damocles
09-16-2006, 03:28 PM
Seriously - how many times have I seen a white meets black cop movie? I mean, it's getting kind of ridiculous. How can you write THAT many scripts for what's basically the same movie? And every single one of them has the famous radio scene with the black guy switching it to rap and the white guy switching it to country or some stupid dorky shit like that.

it's like hollywood now has a "shitty movie formula" that they must abide by.
Where exactly did I vote for a White Meets Black Cop movie? Hmmm? Seriously, you have no idea what you are talking about. Pretending to like movies because the "Right Sort" pretend to like them too?

I prefer to live in my body and enjoy what I actually enjoy rather than make that square peg fit that round hole just to "fit in".

FUCK THE POLICE
09-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Well, I hope you feel great, watching all those high-rated movies simply because they sold a lot of stupid tickets. You can fit in with all of your friends to.

"Hey, did you see that movie? You know, the one with the explosions in it?"

" Oh yeah!"

"And remember whenever the main character screwed his partner (who just happened to be an attractive female police officer) before the explosion? Dang, how unexpected!"

"I know!"

BRUTALITOPS
09-17-2006, 04:01 PM
mullholland drive is the stupidest movie in the world.

no you're the stupidest movie ever.

http://robdawg.justgotowned.com

Damocles
09-17-2006, 04:04 PM
That is funny as hell there, Grind!

BRUTALITOPS
09-17-2006, 04:05 PM
Shawshank Redemption - 8
A beautiful mind - 7
Mulholland Drive - 10
It's a wonderful life - 3
the princess bride - 0
Winged Migration - x
Star Wars series - 5
The Godfather - x
Citizen Kane - 4
Casablanca - 3
Police Academy - x
The Wizard of Oz - 0
The Road Warrior - x
American Beauty - x
To Kill a Mockingbird - 0
Dr. Strangelove - 5
eternal sunshine of the spotless mind - 9
The Battle Of Algiers - x
Lawrence of Arabia - x
Lost in Translation - 7
Lord of the Rings trilogy - 8

BRUTALITOPS
09-17-2006, 04:07 PM
That is funny as hell there, Grind!

I didn't make it, it works for anyone, just put

http://yournamehere.justgotowned.com

BRUTALITOPS
09-17-2006, 04:12 PM
citizen kane sucks.. but people have been told it's good for 50 years so they can't see through the garbage. Crap movie, extremely overrated.

Damocles
09-17-2006, 04:16 PM
So why did you give it a 4 then?

BRUTALITOPS
09-17-2006, 04:22 PM
because you save 0's for the worst of the worst of the worst. 40% is still failing. think of it that way.

Really though, it had to be scaled a bit. It had to be higher than casablanca, which was even crappier and more overrated.

Just cause a movie is old doesn't mean shit.

BRUTALITOPS
09-17-2006, 04:23 PM
and just how did you give shawshank a 1 damo do you have no soul?

Damocles
09-17-2006, 04:30 PM
Nah, I didn't read well, I gave the lowest numbers to the best of the movies...

Damocles
09-17-2006, 04:35 PM
There, I fixed my votes so they better reflect my position...

BRUTALITOPS
09-17-2006, 04:37 PM
how did you give eternal sunshine a 6? do you not have a soul?

Damocles
09-17-2006, 04:38 PM
how did you give eternal sunshine a 6? do you not have a soul?
Guess not. I liked it alot... Just not as much as Shawshank and others.

FUCK THE POLICE
09-17-2006, 05:19 PM
You changed your vote?

Darnit! Do you realize how hard it is to account for it whenever someone changes their vote? I'm going to have to average it out all over again.

I would just add them up... but if you can't allow people to show no opinion if you simply add it all up, and I consider that an important part of the system.

Damocles
09-17-2006, 05:24 PM
You changed your vote?

Darnit! Do you realize how hard it is to account for it whenever someone changes their vote? I'm going to have to average it out all over again.

I would just add them up... but if you can't allow people to show no opinion if you simply add it all up, and I consider that an important part of the system.
Hey, I wasn't the one that made up some super confusing sytem of averages...

FUCK THE POLICE
09-17-2006, 05:26 PM
because you save 0's for the worst of the worst of the worst. 40% is still failing. think of it that way.

Really though, it had to be scaled a bit. It had to be higher than casablanca, which was even crappier and more overrated.

Just cause a movie is old doesn't mean shit.

Actually, I just change everything below 0 to a 4 whenever I'm averaging the scores.. I don't allow scores below 4. This is actually very generous - the academy awards uses a minimum of 6. This is due to the fact that in the past a small minoirty of judges with extreme opinions were able to sway the entire nomination process in their favor. I'm actually thinking of re-changing the minimum to 5.

FUCK THE POLICE
09-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Hey, I wasn't the one that made up some super confusing sytem of averages...

I don't see how it's super confusing. You obviously understand it perfectly. This is just how you do these kinds of polls.

I just think it would've screwed up the entire poll if everyone just gave a 4 to every movie they hadn't watched. It isn't TOO much more complicated than adding, anyway...

FUCK THE POLICE
09-17-2006, 05:31 PM
It's just one more step, dividing by the total by the number of ballots that showed an opinion on the movie.

And, by tommorow I'm not allowing anyone to change their vote anymore. Whatever you cast is set in stone and if you change it I'm just going to laugh at you.

Damocles
09-17-2006, 05:31 PM
I don't see how it's super confusing. You obviously understand it perfectly. This is just how you do these kinds of polls.

I just think it would've screwed up the entire poll if everyone just gave a 4 to every movie they hadn't watched. It isn't TOO much more complicated than adding, anyway...
I also wasn't the one who was whining about averaging... You should join the military, you already are a professional complainer.

FUCK THE POLICE
09-17-2006, 05:33 PM
I also wasn't the one who was whining about averaging... You should join the military, you already are a professional complainer.

You're a smelly pirate hooker.

BRUTALITOPS
09-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Actually, I just change everything below 0 to a 4 whenever I'm averaging the scores.. I don't allow scores below 4. This is actually very generous - the academy awards uses a minimum of 6. This is due to the fact that in the past a small minoirty of judges with extreme opinions were able to sway the entire nomination process in their favor. I'm actually thinking of re-changing the minimum to 5.

that's dumb dude it's all relative

FUCK THE POLICE
09-17-2006, 05:55 PM
that's dumb dude it's all relative

I don't want some good movies bombed because of 1 or 2 people with esotric opinions - like your ridiculous distaste and hatred of everything that's old, that has bombed quite a few excellent movies scores because, apparently, you don't look movies that come in black and white. Even with the minimum 4 it's becoming apparent, and the votes that have been cast are very conflicting. Had I let everyone cast a zero we'd probably have a bunch of movies all scored 5.

BRUTALITOPS
09-17-2006, 07:35 PM
shut up douchebag... if i think a movie sucks then it sucks. And no I don't hate movies just because they are black and white.. I just don't like those particular ones.

BRUTALITOPS
09-17-2006, 07:37 PM
If I think a movie should be a zero then it's going to be an effing zero. Your rating system is biased and stupid.

FUCK THE POLICE
09-17-2006, 09:19 PM
If I think a movie should be a zero then it's going to be an effing zero. Your rating system is biased and stupid.

It's "biased"? I've had it like this ever since I started the poll. I specifically staed "You shouldn't rate anything below a 4". A 4 is a zero in this system. It was specifically constructed this way so that dishonest votes wouldn't have too much of an edge over honest ones. The academy awards changed their system whenever 4 different judges out of 50 got together to bomb a show about black people for political reason back in the good 'ole days. 4 people were able to overturn the will of 50 - that's simply not right. It's the system. At least I didn't restrict you to one favorite and force you to say you hate all the othe rones.

Damocles
09-17-2006, 09:20 PM
"shouldn't" is not the same as "you cannot"... You have misled us, H2O!

FUCK THE POLICE
09-17-2006, 09:20 PM
shut up douchebag... if i think a movie sucks then it sucks. And no I don't hate movies just because they are black and white.. I just don't like those particular ones.

Well you're a signifigant minoirity, and you shouldn't have your vote greatly enhanced by voting zero whenever everyone else voted honestly and gave a real score of 7 or 8 instead of 10.

Damocles
09-17-2006, 09:22 PM
Well you're a signifigant minoirity, and you shouldn't have your vote greatly enhanced by voting zero whenever everyone else voted honestly and gave a real score of 7 or 8 instead of 10.
Significant minority? Rubbish. Most people under 40 don't like those movies. It would be the minority that wax rhapsodic about movies from that era and were our age.

BRUTALITOPS
09-17-2006, 09:39 PM
It's "biased"? I've had it like this ever since I started the poll. I specifically staed "You shouldn't rate anything below a 4". A 4 is a zero in this system. It was specifically constructed this way so that dishonest votes wouldn't have too much of an edge over honest ones. The academy awards changed their system whenever 4 different judges out of 50 got together to bomb a show about black people for political reason back in the good 'ole days. 4 people were able to overturn the will of 50 - that's simply not right. It's the system. At least I didn't restrict you to one favorite and force you to say you hate all the othe rones.

so instead it's on a scale of 4-10 rather than 0-10. wooow

BRUTALITOPS
09-17-2006, 09:42 PM

i did vote honestly... those were my honest assesments.. that's why i DIDN'T give citizen kane or casablanca a flat out zero even though I hated those movies. you are essentially saying that it's impossible for anyone to feel a movie is below a 4.. that's biased and stupid.

i bet i just killed you a little on the inside by critisizing your dumb rating system.

watermark = done.

BRUTALITOPS
09-17-2006, 09:48 PM
in conclusion watermark fails at life.

FUCK THE POLICE
09-18-2006, 05:30 AM
i did vote honestly... those were my honest assesments.. that's why i DIDN'T give citizen kane or casablanca a flat out zero even though I hated those movies. you are essentially saying that it's impossible for anyone to feel a movie is below a 4.. that's biased and stupid.

i bet i just killed you a little on the inside by critisizing your dumb rating system.

watermark = done.

Yeah. That's great. In the meantime, don't rate anything below a 4.

klaatu
09-18-2006, 07:36 AM
citizen kane sucks.. but people have been told it's good for 50 years so they can't see through the garbage. Crap movie, extremely overrated.

Its your right to have an opinion.. but my problem with your assesment is that it's painfully obvious you dont know what the hell you are talking about.
Proof? You dont like anything that predates your age ....
Look at your ratings ...

BRUTALITOPS
09-18-2006, 12:13 PM
klaatu i can almost guarantee I like more... and BETTER older movies than you do.

FUCK THE POLICE
09-18-2006, 03:41 PM
You opinions are extremely esotric, Grind. I've never seen a rational person rate Citizen Kane below a 4. Maybe a 7, which is really low for such a great movie, but a 3 is simply trying to bomb it. Actually, with most of these movies a score below 4 would be bombing.

klaatu
09-18-2006, 03:55 PM
klaatu i can almost guarantee I like more... and BETTER older movies than you do.

And how can you make a guarentee like that Grind.. you sure havent demonstrated it....

BRUTALITOPS
09-18-2006, 05:16 PM
doesn't matter watermark...you opinion isn't objective. I'm not going to pretend to like it because I think it's the elite thing to do. It's an extreeeemly overrated movie.

FUCK THE POLICE
09-18-2006, 10:54 PM
doesn't matter watermark...you opinion isn't objective. I'm not going to pretend to like it because I think it's the elite thing to do. It's an extreeeemly overrated movie.

"Overrated" isn't a reason to bomb a movie. Clearly, the movie wasn't that bad. It was better than many things you rated higher, it simply lacked explosions.

BRUTALITOPS
09-19-2006, 04:11 PM
it's all subjective dumbass... and don't try to relegate my movie tastes to retarded action thrillers, you tool ...

David Lynch? Wes Anderson? P.T. Anderson? Charlie Kaufman? Darron Arronofsky? --- my favorite directors.. and they don't really direct those types of movies. Not to mention I make frequent trips to brattle theater in cambrige ma, which shows many good, unheard of indie films. So once again, sorry, but you aren't putting me in that demographic of retards that like stupid action movies with explosions... no way.

- Grind

Minister of Truth
11-17-2009, 09:23 PM

JRR Tolkien was English, not American...

Oh, and Watermark, you almost ignored the 30s completely, but for your including Wizard of Oz on the list. I consider The Adventures of Robin Hood to be one of the greatest movies of all-time, and naturally, Gone With the Wind has quite a following...

Cancel 2018. 3
11-17-2009, 10:39 PM
it's all subjective dumbass... and don't try to relegate my movie tastes to retarded action thrillers, you tool ...

David Lynch? Wes Anderson? P.T. Anderson? Charlie Kaufman? Darron Arronofsky? --- my favorite directors.. and they don't really direct those types of movies. Not to mention I make frequent trips to brattle theater in cambrige ma, which shows many good, unheard of indie films. So once again, sorry, but you aren't putting me in that demographic of retards that like stupid action movies with explosions... no way.

- Grind

lol...3D....pretty smooth opening up these threads....

i see where ib1 learned his retard comment....the one and only....grind

Minister of Truth
11-17-2009, 11:54 PM
LOL I was looking for something Grind claims to have posted, and kept coming accross threads that I couldn't resist gravedigging.

BRUTALITOPS
11-18-2009, 12:45 AM
god klaatu pissed me off.

Im still a lynch fanboy, but my opinion of him has shifted in some regards. I like many movies more than mulholland drive

I didn't even read through this whole thread but apparently I gave citizen kane a low score. I still stand by it, but whatever score I gave was probably 25% to piss everyone else off.

Minister of Truth
11-18-2009, 12:49 AM
god klaatu pissed me off.

Im still a lynch fanboy, but my opinion of him has shifted in some regards. I like many movies more than mulholland drive

I didn't even read through this whole thread but apparently I gave citizen kane a low score. I still stand by it, but whatever score I gave was probably 25% to piss everyone else off.

LOL I think Citizen Kane is good, but not great like so many people claim. I was, however, one of the three sentimental suckers in my film studies class a few years ago who raised their hand and confessed that we bought the ending. I even defended it in front of the class.