PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible

Beefy
01-13-2008, 02:03 AM
to feel bad for a snail?

gonzojournals
01-13-2008, 08:58 AM
I imagine it is possible to feel bad for anything...whether or not you have good reason would be the better question.

evince
01-13-2008, 09:32 AM
I do it all the time.

BRUTALITOPS
01-13-2008, 11:03 AM
to feel bad for a snail?

if you're a pussy.

FUCK THE POLICE
01-13-2008, 11:24 AM
I imagine it is possible to feel bad for anything...whether or not you have good reason would be the better question.

Spoken like a true fascist.

Damocles
01-13-2008, 03:49 PM
to feel bad for a snail?
Yes.

Battleborne
01-13-2008, 04:03 PM
to feel bad for a snail?

Are you reliving your childhood and pouring salt on snails again?...Or did you get some bad sea snails at the sea food restaurante'?...:D

Shadow Lord
01-13-2008, 04:30 PM
I suppose that would depend on whether or not it was necessary to feel bad. By the way, what exactly is "feeling bad" meaning in this statement?

gonzojournals
01-13-2008, 04:38 PM
I suppose that would depend on whether or not it was necessary to feel bad. By the way, what exactly is "feeling bad" meaning in this statement?

What does "bad" mean? What is "dog"? Let's get into some deconstruction here, people.

Shadow Lord
01-13-2008, 04:41 PM
I was asking if "feeling bad" meant that you felt pity, or felt guilty or some combination of the two. I do not know what you meant by '"dog."'

gonzojournals
01-13-2008, 04:46 PM
I was asking if "feeling bad" meant that you felt pity, or felt guilty or some combination of the two. I do not know what you meant by '"dog."'

I know what you meant; I was just being a dick.

Beefy
01-13-2008, 04:47 PM
I was weed whacking yesterday, and I tore a snail clean out of its shell. I felt bad for the little guy. He was just trying to eek out a living like the rest of us.

gonzojournals
01-13-2008, 04:57 PM
I was weed whacking yesterday, and I tore a snail clean out of its shell. I felt bad for the little guy. He was just trying to eek out a living like the rest of us.

I had a similar experience while mowing one day. I turned a frog inside-out on accident...I've felt bad about it for years.

evince
01-13-2008, 05:12 PM
I feel guilty about pulling weeds even.

Life is so precious I just hate to see any living thing lose it. When I thin out flowers in my garden in early spring I always plant the seedlings into pots because I cant stand the thought of throwing them away.

Battleborne
01-13-2008, 05:31 PM

Life is so precious I just hate to see any living thing lose it. When I thin out flowers in my garden in early spring I always plant the seedlings into pots because I cant stand the thought of throwing them away.

you must be super skinny from not eating all the wonderful fruits,veggies and meat God put at our disposal...what do you eat ?:rolleyes:

evince
01-13-2008, 05:38 PM
you must be super skinny from not eating all the wonderful fruits,veggies and meat God put at our disposal...what do you eat ?:rolleyes:

Fruits and vegtables for the most part is how the plants reproduces and many are designed to be eaten by other living things to help the plant propogate.

I eat meat and al adn yes I dont think about the anmila Im eating. I also still pull the weeds and throw them away( well sometimes I will pot a tree sapling or other voluntary plant). I realise Im making choices about my survival when I eat. It does not stop me from realising my feelings for other living creatures and their value.

Battleborne
01-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Here I thought beefy made another spoof thread...it has turned way too serious...I will bow out!;)

Minister of Truth
01-13-2008, 06:44 PM

Then stop pulling weeds already. Besides, nice lawns and gardens are overrated... :tongout:

Minister of Truth
01-13-2008, 06:45 PM
What does "bad" mean? What is "dog"? Let's get into some deconstruction here, people.

What is "deconstruction?" :cool:

gonzojournals
01-13-2008, 07:26 PM
What is "deconstruction?" :cool:

*Lifts sunglasses* Am I dreaming, or is that Derrida over there? :P

uscitizen
01-13-2008, 07:59 PM
to feel bad for a snail?
sure I feel a bit bad about killing most bugs and such. Just a bit though..
Mosquitoes however deserve no sympathy whatsoever.

uscitizen
01-13-2008, 08:01 PM
Then stop pulling weeds already. Besides, nice lawns and gardens are overrated... :tongout:

Pull the weeds dry and smoke em.

Beefy
01-13-2008, 11:09 PM
sure I feel a bit bad about killing most bugs and such. Just a bit though..
Mosquitoes however deserve no sympathy whatsoever.

Me either. Those fuckers have it coming.

Minister of Truth
01-14-2008, 01:43 AM
What are you guys talking about? The malaria that mosquitoes spread is an important part of the ecosystem!!! :)

gonzojournals
01-14-2008, 07:11 AM
What are you guys talking about? The malaria that mosquitoes spread is an important part of the ecosystem!!! :)

I feel bad for every dead wasting sickness.

uscitizen
01-14-2008, 07:20 AM
I feel bad for every dead wasting sickness.

If a wasting sickness is dead is it any longer a problem ?

FUCK THE POLICE
01-14-2008, 07:40 AM
If a wasting sickness is dead is it any longer a problem ?

That went straight over your head, didn't it?

FUCK THE POLICE
01-14-2008, 07:42 AM
*Lifts sunglasses* Am I dreaming, or is that Derrida over there? :P

The wikipedia article on deconstruction is about ten pages of stuff telling you how it can't "be defined". If it's impossible to define, it doesn't exist. This is why I usually stick to britannica...

LadyT
01-14-2008, 08:30 AM
to feel bad for a snail?

Yeah. this is what they call stage one of becoming a vegan.

By next year your hair will be long, you'll stop shaving, your diet will consist of nothing more than figs, wheat stuff, and cous cous. A year and a half from now you'll find yourself at a green party convention.

uscitizen
01-14-2008, 09:42 AM
That went straight over your head, didn't it?

I check with my grammer and I am good on it.

gonzojournals
01-15-2008, 03:47 AM
The wikipedia article on deconstruction is about ten pages of stuff telling you how it can't "be defined". If it's impossible to define, it doesn't exist. This is why I usually stick to britannica...

It can be defined, just not well. Deconstruction is pretentious by nature, and, as one teacher of mine once said "You can deconstruct the meaning of 'dog' all day, but eventually you have to go to the grocery store."

It is sort of a difficult concept to explain, but at the same time relatively simple to do in conversation or debate.