PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here smoke cigars?

Socrtease
01-10-2008, 12:34 AM
Lets talk about good ones, bad ones and the ones in between.

I got a three box humidor for christmas with about 300 dollars worth of cigars in it. The best of the lot were the Gurkhas and the Fuente Rothschild Sun Grown.

uscitizen
01-10-2008, 12:39 AM
Nope just smoke Cigarettes and they are bad enough.

Beefy
01-10-2008, 04:06 AM
Cuban Monte Cristos are the best cigars on Earth. Bar none.

DamnYankee
01-10-2008, 05:51 AM
We have a big-box discount store chain here called "JR's" that have cigar shops in them. The shops are about 2500 square feet humidors. Although I haven't been there its like walking into Cuba circa 1950. There is a central glass display/ cashiers island staffed by middle aged women, at least one of which is smoking a cigar at any one time. There must be 50 brands with 3' wide displays and all sizes, and you can buy individual cigars. Around the perimeter there are boxes of the same cigars cataloged by number. If y'all travelling on I77 near Statesville, or I-40 near Burlington, I recommend that you stop in to experience this.

I like Autero Fuentes, Partagas, or Onyx; the darker the better; not too long, about as fat as my index finger.

I don't buy Cuban cigars out of respect for the US embargo.

Cancel7
01-10-2008, 05:57 AM
--------snipped out of sheer boredom-----.

Everytime I see your name it reminds me of the redneck rockadummy classic Sweet Home Alabama:

"Well, I hope Neil Young will remember
a southern man don't need him around anyhow"

Which then puts me in mind of Warren Zevon, who I think did it better:

"Sweet home Alabama"
Play that dead band's song
Turn those speakers up full blast
Play it all night long

Daddy's doing Sister Sally
Grandma's dying of cancer now
The cattle all have brucellosis
We'll get through somehow

"Sweet home Alabama"
Play it all night long

I'm going down to the Dew Drop Inn
See if I can drink enough
There ain't much to country living
Sweat, piss, jizz and blood

"Sweet home Alabama"
Play it all night long

DamnYankee
01-10-2008, 06:09 AM
If I've gotten under your skin then I've done my job. For it to happen so quickly shows that you are weaker than most.

Where's the love, darlin'?:D

Cancel7
01-10-2008, 06:16 AM
If I've gotten under your skin then I've done my job. For it to happen so quickly shows that you are weaker than most.

Where's the love, darlin'?:D

Oh Lord help us...another old fart con man trolling the internets looking for love.

Don't they have a home to keep you fools in yet?

DamnYankee
01-10-2008, 06:27 AM
Oh Lord help us...another old fart con man trolling the internets looking for love.

Don't they have a home to keep you fools in yet?

Con man? Explain.

Looking for love? What lead you to assume that?

FUCK THE POLICE
01-10-2008, 07:44 AM
We have a big-box discount store chain here called "JR's" that have cigar shops in them. The shops are about 2500 square feet humidors. Although I haven't been there its like walking into Cuba circa 1950. There is a central glass display/ cashiers island staffed by middle aged women, at least one of which is smoking a cigar at any one time. There must be 50 brands with 3' wide displays and all sizes, and you can buy individual cigars. Around the perimeter there are boxes of the same cigars cataloged by number. If y'all travelling on I77 near Statesville, or I-40 near Burlington, I recommend that you stop in to experience this.

I like Autero Fuentes, Partagas, or Onyx; the darker the better; not too long, about as fat as my index finger.

Why would anyone "respect" the idioicy and small mindedness of the embargo? If our nation were killing Jews would you "respect" the policy by mindlessly handing over any Jew you found?

FUCK THE POLICE
01-10-2008, 07:45 AM
Con man? Explain.

And I'm the only REAL Southern MAN here. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

DamnYankee
01-10-2008, 08:33 AM
Why would anyone "respect" the idioicy and small mindedness of the embargo? If our nation were killing Jews would you "respect" the policy by mindlessly handing over any Jew you found?

I don't understand your analogy. Killing innocent people is wrong; fighting communisim is right.

Socrtease
01-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Love JR's! went to one in St Louis in 98. I was in heaven. I too am a maduro cigar man Southern. My favorite right now is the Gurkha crate packed. 50 cigars made of great aged tobacco and rolled in a chocolate brown wrapper. Mmmmm the sweet taste of well aged well constructed tobacco.

Socrtease
01-10-2008, 09:56 AM
Cuban Monte Cristos are the best cigars on Earth. Bar none.Don't believe the hype. Punch Double Coronas are everybit as good as the #2 and the Cohiba Esplendido. THe Punch DC really needs to be enjoyed when you have nothing else going on to distract you from the cigar. That said the MC #2 is one of the top five cigars in the world.

Damocles
01-10-2008, 10:16 AM
The Surgeon General tells me that you will go to Secular Hell for smoking Cigars.

Socrtease
01-10-2008, 12:16 PM
The Surgeon General tells me that you will go to Secular Hell for smoking Cigars.Well I will save a place for you there too Damo. You and I are going to get know eachother really well in the after life.

FUCK THE POLICE
01-10-2008, 01:51 PM
I don't understand your analogy. Killing innocent people is wrong; fighting communisim is right.

Killing innocent people is wrong. So is starving them. Fight the embargo.

FUCK THE POLICE
01-10-2008, 01:53 PM
The Surgeon General tells me that you will go to Secular Hell for smoking Cigars.

http://newsbusters.org/static/2007/06/2007-06-13RushLimbaugh.jpg

Damocles
01-10-2008, 01:53 PM
http://newsbusters.org/static/2007/06/2007-06-13RushLimbaugh.jpg
Right, that's the place!

Socrtease
01-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Right, that's the place!
That is hells village idiot. I hear that he is released to the surface everyday so that he can torture people above with the sound of his voice.

DamnYankee
01-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Killing innocent people is wrong. So is starving them. Fight the embargo. Starving Cubans? We're told that Cuba has a tremendous agrarian economy!

Socrtease
01-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Starving Cubans? We're told that Cuba has a tremendous agrarian economy!So right here and now you denounce people like Rush Limbaugh and Fred Thompson for openly smoking cuban cigars? You think they should be investigated for committing a crime? The only one that should be accused of a crime involving a cuban cigar is Clinton. I can't believe he would do that with a Cuban Cigar.

Battleborne
01-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Con man? Explain.

anytime a guy responds to her dribble...she bashes ya with being a old fart trying to hit on her...the girl needs to get out more often! Then again maybe not...most guys would run like hell if they ran across her in a club...she would be giving the 'evil eye' to any guy who even looked in her general direction...she is a sorry state of affairs!;)

Socrtease
01-10-2008, 07:01 PM
anytime a guy responds to her dribble...she bashes ya with being a old fart trying to hit on her...the girl needs to get out more often! Then again maybe not...most guys would run like hell if they ran across her in a club...she would be giving the 'evil eye' to any guy who even looked in her general direction...she is a sorry state of affairs!;)Hey Redneck tell me about that fine looking automobile you have in your sig block. Is it really for sale? What's it got under the hood, rear end the nine yards? Honestly curious about it.

DamnYankee
01-10-2008, 07:52 PM
So right here and now you denounce people like Rush Limbaugh and Fred Thompson for openly smoking cuban cigars? You think they should be investigated for committing a crime? The only one that should be accused of a crime involving a cuban cigar is Clinton. I can't believe he would do that with a Cuban Cigar. I wasn't aware that they smoked cubans. Are you sure about that?

DamnYankee
01-10-2008, 07:58 PM
anytime a guy responds to her dribble...she bashes ya with being a old fart trying to hit on her...the girl needs to get out more often! Then again maybe not...most guys would run like hell if they ran across her in a club...she would be giving the 'evil eye' to any guy who even looked in her general direction...she is a sorry state of affairs!;)
Was that what she was doing? Yuck! Shit-fire!

I've been married 21 years- still going strong, and my wife's gotten better not bigger. In fact, she's down 15# from her college "fighting weight". And she's still a babe! http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z256/glockmail/DefenderofTheSouth.jpg

FUCK THE POLICE
01-10-2008, 09:00 PM

I've been married 21 years- still going strong, and my wife's gotten better not bigger. In fact, she's down 15# from her college "fighting weight". And she's still a babe! http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z256/glockmail/DefenderofTheSouth.jpg

I know I'd hit it.

Socrtease
01-10-2008, 09:10 PM
I wasn't aware that they smoked cubans. Are you sure about that?Yeah fred was actually on the cover of a mag with a Cuban cigar in his hand

Socrtease
01-10-2008, 09:12 PM

I've been married 21 years- still going strong, and my wife's gotten better not bigger. In fact, she's down 15# from her college "fighting weight". And she's still a babe! http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z256/glockmail/DefenderofTheSouth.jpg do you want a uniform from the argentinian officer circa Falklands war? I was just wondering cause the picture seems to indicate you have a fasination with the uniforms of Armies that LOSE wars. :pke:

Hermes Thoth
01-11-2008, 05:42 AM

Embargos are hate crimes against humanity, and are equivalent to a nuclear attack.

Socrtease
01-11-2008, 08:18 AM
I wasn't aware that they smoked cubans. Are you sure about that?
And right here is where during an inteview with Cigar Aficionado Limbaugh is actually smoking a cuban cigar and talks about saving them for special occassions which means when he went to London he bought cubans there, which was perfectly legal and then smuggled them back into the United States. The only thing that bothers me about this is both Thompson and Limbaugh are big supporters of the embargo EXCEPT when it comes to cigars.

DamnYankee
01-11-2008, 10:18 AM
I know I'd hit it. You'd never get past the sword. :)

DamnYankee
01-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Yeah fred was actually on the cover of a mag with a Cuban cigar in his hand Well he and I don't share that habbit.

DamnYankee
01-11-2008, 10:22 AM
do you want a uniform from the argentinian officer circa Falklands war? I was just wondering cause the picture seems to indicate you have a fasination with the uniforms of Armies that LOSE wars. :pke:

It was a college thing, is'all. One of those dress-up at the mall photos. It's king of interesting though, as it foreshadowed our actual life somewhat.

DamnYankee
01-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Embargos are hate crimes against humanity, and are equivalent to a nuclear attack. Wow. No reasonable argument there. :rolleyes:

DamnYankee
01-11-2008, 10:24 AM
And right here is where during an inteview with Cigar Aficionado Limbaugh is actually smoking a cuban cigar and talks about saving them for special occassions which means when he went to London he bought cubans there, which was perfectly legal and then smuggled them back into the United States. The only thing that bothers me about this is both Thompson and Limbaugh are big supporters of the embargo EXCEPT when it comes to cigars. Proving that the two men are imperfect.

FUCK THE POLICE
01-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Embargos are hate crimes against humanity, and are equivalent to a nuclear attack.

What?

Are you serious?

Listen, everybody, the embargo has not done a thing to stop Cuba from being communist. All it has done is made the people MORE dependent on the state and increase America-hatred. If we hadn't of treated Castro like shit, Cuba may very well NEVER have become communist.

Regardless, the cold war is fucking over. Get a life.

DamnYankee
01-11-2008, 01:00 PM
What?

Are you serious?

Listen, everybody, the embargo has not done a thing to stop Cuba from being communist. All it has done is made the people MORE dependent on the state and increase America-hatred. If we hadn't of treated Castro like shit, Cuba may very well NEVER have become communist.

Regardless, the cold war is fucking over. Get a life.

The embrago is on the US, not to trade with Cuba. They have the rest of the world to trade with. Cubans are so poor because its a communist country.

And if Cubans hate the US so much, what are they floating in inner tubes trying to get here?

Battleborne
01-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Remembering growing up in a Italian Family...my G/pa was from Sicily and smoked Cuban Cigars...he worked at the old Warner Brothers Studios...it was expected for them to partake(cool I suppose)...well I never took the habit...can still remember the smell...yuk!

DamnYankee
01-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Second hand cigar smoke can be nasty, especially for the low quality brands. I had an uncle who smoked White Owls. But that's not necessarily true for a good quality, properly aged hand-rolled.

Battleborne
01-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Second hand cigar smoke can be nasty, especially for the low quality brands. I had an uncle who smoked White Owls. But that's not necessarily true for a good quality, properly aged hand-rolled.

Cuban...aren't they supposed to be the top of the line? They were just as nasty as the low brands...imho!:eek:

DamnYankee
01-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Cuban...aren't they supposed to be the top of the line? They were just as nasty as the low brands...imho!:eek: Most say that they are, but I think that's a romantic notion. In reality the Connecticut Valley grows the best wrapper tobacco, which cannot be legally sold to Cuba. Then there are many locations with similar or better growing conditions than Cuba for filler. Third, private enterprise always makes a better product than a government controlled entity. Fourth, most of the better manufacturs in Cuba left with seed and expertise before Castro took over.

But if you don't smoke them, I imagine even the finest cigar would stink! :)

uscitizen
01-11-2008, 01:41 PM
Most say that they are, but I think that's a romantic notion. In reality the Connecticut Valley grows the best wrapper tobacco, which cannot be legally sold to Cuba. Then there are many locations with similar or better growing conditions than Cuba for filler. Third, private enterprise always makes a better product than a government controlled entity. Fourth, most of the better manufacturs in Cuba left with seed and expertise before Castro took over.

But if you don't smoke them, I imagine even the finest cigar would stink! :)

Umm that would depend on what you do with the cigars besides smoking them.
Considering your being a rightie, I don't even want to know what you do with them.

Socrtease
01-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Most say that they are, but I think that's a romantic notion. In reality the Connecticut Valley grows the best wrapper tobacco, which cannot be legally sold to Cuba. Then there are many locations with similar or better growing conditions than Cuba for filler. Third, private enterprise always makes a better product than a government controlled entity. Fourth, most of the better manufacturs in Cuba left with seed and expertise before Castro took over.

But if you don't smoke them, I imagine even the finest cigar would stink! :)You are more than correct southern, Connecticut grows some of the finest wrapper tobacco in the whole big wide world, BUT in blind tastings Cubans repeatedly score in the top 25 of all cigars made in the world. It is the same reason that champagne is ONLY truely grown in that region of france and why world class wines are only grown in very few regions of the world. It has to do with soil, and climate and humidity and hours of sun per day and all sorts of other things you would have to talk to a tobacco farmer about. As Rush said there are some things even communists can't screw up. Cigars is the one thing that the cubans got right.

DamnYankee
01-11-2008, 02:21 PM
Umm that would depend on what you do with the cigars besides smoking them.
Considering your being a rightie, I don't even want to know what you do with them.

I smoke 'em! :clink:

DamnYankee
01-11-2008, 02:23 PM
You are more than correct southern, Connecticut grows some of the finest wrapper tobacco in the whole big wide world, BUT in blind tastings Cubans repeatedly score in the top 25 of all cigars made in the world. It is the same reason that champagne is ONLY truely grown in that region of france and why world class wines are only grown in very few regions of the world. It has to do with soil, and climate and humidity and hours of sun per day and all sorts of other things you would have to talk to a tobacco farmer about. As Rush said there are some things even communists can't screw up. Cigars is the one thing that the cubans got right.

Until the mbargo's lifted I'll have to take your word.

ACtually to be totally honest I have smoked Cubans given to me by friends. It would be impolite to refuse a gift, after all. But this same guy doesn't maintain his humidor so I might just as well have been smoking a dried up old turd.

uscitizen
01-11-2008, 02:26 PM
What is it with Republican males wanting to have long round objects in their mouth ?

DamnYankee
01-11-2008, 02:43 PM
What is it with Republican males wanting to have long round objects in their mouth ? What is it about Democrat males wanting short ones? :p

uscitizen
01-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Hey I like short ladies .

DamnYankee
01-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Hey I like short ladies . I like 'em all flavors and sizes. :clink:

Battleborne
01-11-2008, 02:58 PM
I like 'em all flavors and sizes. :clink:

Now I can relate...I like all cute girls...no matter the tan lines...cigars I will leave to y'all Southern Gentlemen...blow smoke with Billy Bob...personally I will use what God Gave me...:cof1:

uscitizen
01-11-2008, 03:07 PM
Now I can relate...I like all cute girls...no matter the tan lines...cigars I will leave to y'all Southern Gentlemen...blow smoke with Billy Bob...personally I will use what God Gave me...:cof1:

Your hand ?

DamnYankee
01-11-2008, 03:11 PM

The most beautiful woman I ever personally knew had skin the color of French Roast coffee, and the voluptuous body of her west African heritage. The most beautiful actress, in my opinion, is Nicole Kidman, with her stark white skin and tall, slender figure. The woman I married, a beauty in her own right, broke her nose in high school, giving her a striking profile, especially when wearing a hat!

Battleborne
01-11-2008, 03:14 PM
The most beautiful woman I ever personally knew had skin the color of French Roast coffee, and the voluptuous body of her west African heritage. The most beautiful actress, in my opinion, is Nicole Kidman, with her stark white skin and tall, slender figure. The woman I married, a beauty in her own right, broke her nose in high school, giving her a striking profile, especially when wearing a hat!

ya are the man...the wife will reward you kindly tonight...:cof1:

Battleborne
01-11-2008, 03:16 PM
Your hand ?

I stopped that about Middle School...however carry on USC...get it on thinking about how you would do darla..:rolleyes:

uscitizen
01-11-2008, 03:19 PM
I stopped that about Middle School...however carry on USC...get it on thinking about how you would do darla..:rolleyes:

Glasses got too thick huh ?

DamnYankee
01-11-2008, 03:20 PM
ya are the man...the wife will reward you kindly tonight...:cof1:
I wish. But I'll be on the road on a BSA outing.

DamnYankee
01-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Glasses got too thick huh ? lol

I stopped at bifoculs (sp?).

FUCK THE POLICE
01-11-2008, 03:25 PM
My dad actually has a Cuban cigar.

Ten years in prison, no parole. :clink:

Battleborne
01-11-2008, 03:27 PM
I wish. But I'll be on the road on a BSA outing.

Cool bike 650 twin...akin to the Triumph 650 twin both bikes of my youth...they rocked mo betta than the Honda childs toys...good in the dirt as well as the street...! Damn I long for the Oldies days when all was normal...!:clink:

Battleborne
01-11-2008, 03:31 PM
Glasses got too thick huh ?

twenty -twenty to the end...old manof the mountains...give darla a ring though she is a blind fool...she may do you or not...:cof1:

Socrtease
01-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Cool bike 650 twin...akin to the Triumph 650 twin both bikes of my youth...they rocked mo betta than the Honda childs toys...good in the dirt as well as the street...! Damn I long for the Oldies days when all was normal...!:clink:
I THINK he meant Boyscouts of America but a motorcycle outing would be cool to. A well maintained BSA can be a thing of Joy.

uscitizen
01-11-2008, 03:59 PM
I THINK he meant Boyscouts of America but a motorcycle outing would be cool to. A well maintained BSA can be a thing of Joy.

yeah the key phrase is "well maintained", they are a piece of crap, I had one.

Socrtease
01-11-2008, 04:24 PM
yeah the key phrase is "well maintained", they are a piece of crap, I had one.Yeah they don't tolerate gettin beat around much. I like the Triumph 650 Bonneville better. Actually I would like the new Triumph Rocket with that torquey in line 3

DamnYankee
01-13-2008, 04:49 PM
I THINK he meant Boyscouts of America but a motorcycle outing would be cool to. A well maintained BSA can be a thing of Joy. You would be correct on both counts.

No, my M/C days were with Jap stuff, starting with a short fling with a '72 Honda 450, and ending with a long term relationship with a '79 Kawasaki 650C.

Battleborne
01-13-2008, 07:11 PM
yeah the key phrase is "well maintained", they are a piece of crap, I had one.

From HD's to English BSA and Triumph...then down the road to all the Japansese and Italian models...as anyone who owns a bike will attest too!
Whether it is a dirt or street bike..maintenance is crucial...end of story old timer!

uscitizen
01-13-2008, 08:13 PM
From HD's to English BSA and Triumph...then down the road to all the Japansese and Italian models...as anyone who owns a bike will attest too!
Whether it is a dirt or street bike..maintenance is crucial...end of story old timer!

Umm I maintain my stuff. I drive a 90 model subie with over 215K on it. Just drove it on a 6 hr trip today, no problems. And I do all my vehicle maintenance and repair. Don't trust the underpaid kids to fix my stuff.

The darned british stuff is like having to work on it all week to drive on the weekend.
I had an XKE Jag once, was plumb tickled to find another fool to buy it from me :)

DamnYankee
01-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Umm I maintain my stuff. I drive a 90 model subie with over 215K on it. Just drove it on a 6 hr trip today, no problems. And I do all my vehicle maintenance and repair. Don't trust the underpaid kids to fix my stuff.

The darned british stuff is like having to work on it all week to drive on the weekend.
I had an XKE Jag once, was plumb tickled to find another fool to buy it from me :)

Jag's are much better than they used to be, now that they got bought by Ford! :)

uscitizen
01-13-2008, 08:21 PM
I used to ride a 900 Kaw, never broke down on the rides, the Triumphs and Harleys were the ones that rode back in the truck. The rice burners were the most dependable.
Ford bought Toyota and Honda ?
Toyota did buy a large chunk of Subaru though.

Damocles
01-13-2008, 08:22 PM
Jag's are much better than they used to be, now that they got bought by Ford! :)
They actually are much better than in the past.

uscitizen
01-13-2008, 08:24 PM
They actually are much better than in the past.

Agreed they are much better now, but they did not have much of anywhere to go but up.
The XJ's are not too bad now.

DamnYankee
01-13-2008, 08:32 PM
I used to ride a 900 Kaw, never broke down on the rides, the Triumphs and Harleys were the ones that rode back in the truck. The rice burners were the most dependable.
Ford bought Toyota and Honda ?
Toyota did buy a large chunk of Subaru though. My Kawi broke down at least twice. One time a portion of the wiring harness melted and shorted where it went from the frame to the triple tree. Another time the fork lock boke and stuck in lock when I parked it.

An unfair comparrison, but the chrome was not nearly as nice as a 90's or newer Harly.

Damocles
01-13-2008, 08:33 PM
My Duc hasn't broke down yet. She's a fun ride. However, I think I'll get a nice Honda highway ride next time.

DamnYankee
01-13-2008, 08:33 PM
They actually are much better than in the past. All those FoMoCo parts. :p

Damocles
01-13-2008, 08:34 PM
All those FoMoCo parts. :p
In spite of the FoMoCo parts. Strong belief in the reliability of Fords will only serve to have you waiting for a tow.

uscitizen
01-13-2008, 08:36 PM
In spite of the FoMoCo parts. Strong belief in the reliability of Fords will only serve to have you waiting for a tow.

Amen to that.

DamnYankee
01-13-2008, 08:42 PM
In spite of the FoMoCo parts. Strong belief in the reliability of Fords will only serve to have you waiting for a tow. I've never been towed, and been driving them for 32 years.

Wait- I did own a "winter rat" 1969 F100 that had to be towed once - in 1987.

DamnYankee
01-13-2008, 08:44 PM
First on Race Day.
Further Off Road Destinations.
Favorite Of Redhot Dates.
Finally Our Reliable Driver.

:pke:

uscitizen
01-13-2008, 08:46 PM
Fords get ya coming and going.
FORD = Found On Road dead
FORD backwards =Driver Returned On Foot.

My ex FIL was bragging on his F250 one day.
He said it had over 200k miles on it.
I asked him how many engines he had in it, to which he replied in a small vioce "3".
And he still loves them, he also voted for Bush, not sure if any connection there or not though...

Damocles
01-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Found On Road Dead.

uscitizen
01-13-2008, 08:51 PM
I have owned a few Fords, all of them required at least 2X the repairs of my other owned brands. Fords are the only vehicles I have had metal brake lines rust thru on.

DamnYankee
01-14-2008, 07:31 AM
My first one was a '72 hard top and given to me by my Dad after 90K. We lived near Boston and he travelled to Maine often. It burned a little oil and was salt-rusted from the wheel wells on down. I did a valve job on it and pop riveted galvanized sheet metal on it, and filled in the gaps with gallon tubs of Bondo. I got good at tune ups (they were important back then) and could rebuild the 2 bbl carb in 5 minutes. I drove that through 7 years of college and finally sold it with 185K on it. It needed a lot of repairs during that time but nothing that I couldn't do by myself and never without warning. In other words stuff didn't break- it just wore out.

Here's my current ride:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z256/glockmail/2008_ford_expedition_20123049-396x2.jpg

uscitizen
01-14-2008, 07:54 AM
yeah burns oil. My Ex's town car ran at about 16:1 gas/oil mix ratio I think ;)

DamnYankee
01-14-2008, 08:12 AM
Leaded fuel was hard on valves back then, and they wore out faster than they do now. After I made the repairs the car never burned or leaked oil. In fact when I moved to Connecticut back in the early 80's, their annual State inspections included an exhaust test, and that car consitently blew a zero on the tests.

Lots of ill maintained cars burn oil. I've seen examples from all brands. In fact I was behind a Mercedes just yesterday....

LadyT
01-15-2008, 05:34 PM
Lets talk about good ones, bad ones and the ones in between.

I got a three box humidor for christmas with about 300 dollars worth of cigars in it. The best of the lot were the Gurkhas and the Fuente Rothschild Sun Grown.

No, but I do like to spark a crack rock on the weekends everynow and then.

FUCK THE POLICE
01-15-2008, 08:22 PM
I like to mix my crack with PCP.

Damocles
01-15-2008, 11:42 PM
I like to mix my crack with PCP.
Nothing ever goes in my crack... Well, except TP and a loofah...

uscitizen
01-16-2008, 01:32 AM
Leaded fuel was hard on valves back then, and they wore out faster than they do now. After I made the repairs the car never burned or leaked oil. In fact when I moved to Connecticut back in the early 80's, their annual State inspections included an exhaust test, and that car consitently blew a zero on the tests.

Lots of ill maintained cars burn oil. I've seen examples from all brands. In fact I was behind a Mercedes just yesterday....

Umm no internal combustion is zero emissions....
I have lived in Portland , OR and Tampa, FL both of which required emissions tests.

The mercedes might have been a diesel.

Beefy
01-16-2008, 03:36 AM
1st Car:

http://www.fowlkesrealtyandauction.com/images/carconsignment2.jpg

Current car:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/44/Lumina_1992.JPG/800px-Lumina_1992.JPG

Dream car:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/438000-438999/438021_215.jpg

DamnYankee
01-16-2008, 08:51 AM
Umm no internal combustion is zero emissions....
I have lived in Portland , OR and Tampa, FL both of which required emissions tests.

The mercedes might have been a diesel.

"Zero" on a test machine equates to below detection level. As I recall the test sampled for two pollutants, one of the results was very low and the other was zero.

DamnYankee
01-16-2008, 08:53 AM
1st Car:... Ranchero! I'm wondering when they're going to start making those again. Because they were so rare, its probably worth more now than a stock Z-car of the same era.

bob
01-16-2008, 09:04 PM
not to wonder off topic or anything but

"Anyone here smoke cigars? "

only if its got some gree stuff in it! :cig:

Beefy
01-17-2008, 02:08 AM
Ranchero! I'm wondering when they're going to start making those again. Because they were so rare, its probably worth more now than a stock Z-car of the same era.

I doubt it. The 280s are collectors items now, the Ranchero's, not so much. Although the '78 Ranchero drove like a dream, had interior like a Cadillac, and had the biggest bed of any other truck at its time, it never could bump the El Camino off the top of the list.

I do miss that thing though.

uscitizen
01-17-2008, 04:38 AM
Cigar smokers are just compensating for a little weenie.

uscitizen
01-17-2008, 04:40 AM
I doubt it. The 280s are collectors items now, the Ranchero's, not so much. Although the '78 Ranchero drove like a dream, had interior like a Cadillac, and had the biggest bed of any other truck at its time, it never could bump the El Camino off the top of the list.

Rancheros had wimpy suspension under the front end.

DamnYankee
01-17-2008, 08:25 AM

It would be interesting to see a market comparison.

I wonder if the El Camino concept will ever come back.