PDA

View Full Version : So much for state rights.....

robdastud
07-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Senate set to pass minors abortion bill
Measure punishes those who help girls cross state lines for procedure

CAPITOL HILL - Confidants like grandparents or ministers who help pregnant teens should be protected from prosecution under a bill headed for Senate passage that would punish anyone who takes girls across state lines to end their pregnancies, Democrats said Tuesday.

"We should not criminalize the grandparents or clergy members to whom a teen in trouble might turn for help," said Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., who plans to introduce an amendment to protect such confidants from prosecution.

The bill, sponsored by Sen. John Ensign, R-Nev., would exempt parents and the teens from prosecution but punish anyone else who helps them seek an abortion in another state with fines and up to a year in jail.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14021863/

so much for state rights, if your in a state that allows it then you should be able to get it done, and if someone drove you there who cares....

R's just want control over your life.

Immanuel
07-25-2006, 03:46 PM
Funny how some state's rights issues you support and some you don't.

How about a state that decides not to allow gay marriage or not to recognize gay marriages from other states? Seems to me that everytime this issue comes up you don't give a darned about States rights

Immie

robdastud
07-25-2006, 04:19 PM
immy if holyrollers want to ban gay marriage then its an infraction on civil liberties.. .do you not see the difference?

Immanuel
07-25-2006, 04:28 PM
immy if holyrollers want to ban gay marriage then its an infraction on civil liberties.. .do you not see the difference?

Only in your opinion.

Who's civil liberty? There is not yet a civil liberty to marry someone of the same sex. If one state makes it legal and another state is opposed to it then it becomes a state rights issue. But the only thing that matters to you is your own desires. No one else has any rights that are contradictory to your selfish beliefs.

Also, states that would ban or limit abortion (if Roe v. Wade were overturned) would have the legal right to make it a crime for a non parent to clandestinely transport a child across statelines in order to get her an abortion. Personally, I believe that would be a good law. Parents should have the right to know if a daughter is being taken to another state to have an abortion. I'd sure want to know why Joe Blow was taking my daughter to get an abortion without my knowledge.

Immie

Cypress
07-25-2006, 04:33 PM
Senate set to pass minors abortion bill
Measure punishes those who help girls cross state lines for procedure

CAPITOL HILL - Confidants like grandparents or ministers who help pregnant teens should be protected from prosecution under a bill headed for Senate passage that would punish anyone who takes girls across state lines to end their pregnancies, Democrats said Tuesday.

"We should not criminalize the grandparents or clergy members to whom a teen in trouble might turn for help," said Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., who plans to introduce an amendment to protect such confidants from prosecution.

The bill, sponsored by Sen. John Ensign, R-Nev., would exempt parents and the teens from prosecution but punish anyone else who helps them seek an abortion in another state with fines and up to a year in jail.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14021863/

so much for state rights, if your in a state that allows it then you should be able to get it done, and if someone drove you there who cares....

R's just want control over your life.

Call me crazy, but I think there be a couple of issues a tad more important for congress to deal with than this, gay bans, flag burning bans, and pledge of allegiance protection bills.

katzgar
12-18-2018, 01:18 PM
States rights were over when Eisenhower sent troops into Little Rock

Text Drivers are Killers
12-18-2018, 09:40 PM
Liberals say they oppose states rights and yet they support it when states like CA defy federal law and declare themselves sanctuary states for illegals.

Text Drivers are Killers
12-18-2018, 09:40 PM
States rights were over when Eisenhower sent troops into Little Rock

Yup - according to the tenth amendment, education is entirely a state matter.