PDA

View Full Version : People I like that no one else does

Beefy
12-22-2007, 02:49 AM
Asshat - The guy's fuckin' funny. He's convicted in his beliefs and he has a very blatant way of presenting them. His insults are more comedic than offensive to me, and he has a penchant for softening up from time to time.

Dano - I think he's funny, but for very different reasons than he thinks he's funny.

BattleBorne - Ever since he put up that Mark Twain avatar, I've looked at him differently, the avatar seemed to calm him down, he's an older dude who is mainly just having fun, and he doesn't get ugly. He's just kickin it here.

CanadianKid - well, actually, I don't like him, he's a penis with a computer, he's like that mosquito that gets in your ear in the middle of the night, you try to swat it but end up with a sore ear, and the mosquito lives.

There's probably more, but I'm tired.

Damocles
12-22-2007, 02:51 AM
All of them. I enjoy every poster here. And I am not kidding or saying things because I own the place.

Everybody has their own "voice" that adds to the rich tapestry of the social family of the mind we have created here.

Beefy
12-22-2007, 02:54 AM
All of them. I enjoy every poster here. And I am not kidding or saying things because I own the place.

Everybody has their own "voice" that adds to the rich tapestry of the social family of the mind we have created here.

You're either up really early or really late.

Blackwater Lunchbreak
12-22-2007, 08:29 AM
Thanks beef-beef. It's neato to be understood. Will you hold me?

OH. And I probably will be convicted in my beliefs someday. I'm a thought criminal.

Blackwater Lunchbreak
12-22-2007, 08:46 AM
I like USC even though he's a mostly a belligerent old coot. He's good underneath all the partisanship, unlike a few, who are just bad bad bad.

uscitizen
12-22-2007, 09:53 AM
Eat a bug!

:D

BRUTALITOPS
12-22-2007, 09:57 AM
Dano is the man. I'm pretty much the president of his fan club.

Battleborne
12-22-2007, 04:03 PM
:o elbeefy understands me...must work on my personna getting soft nowdays...but hey I like you too beefy...albeit ya like the old coot RP!:cof1:

charver
12-22-2007, 07:34 PM
I like BB. He a crazy posting strange man, but in a good way, i think. I never quite know what you're talking about with any great certainty, Mr BB, but what you type does make life a little less predictable.

I kind of think AHZ is a big 'ol cuddly teddy bear as well, although he'll probably call me a bitch ass faggot, or something, for questioning his bad ass on-line persona.

Cypress
12-23-2007, 10:03 AM
I actually enjoyed Dixie being here. Believe it or not.

Damocles
12-23-2007, 06:00 PM
Well, to be more specific.

I like AHZ.

I like Desh.

I like Dano in all him permutations.

I like Beefy, even though everybody else thinks he's such a dork.

I even like myself, though everybody thinks I am such a horrid nazi-like admin who won't let people say things they want and rules with an iron fist...

Annie
12-23-2007, 06:05 PM

I like AHZ.

I like Desh.

I even like myself, though everybody thinks I am such a horrid nazi-like admin who won't let people say things they want and rules with an iron fist...

I like you, but you not so much me. Wahhhh!

Blackwater Lunchbreak
12-23-2007, 06:07 PM
Damo. You're the best mod in cyberspace. Don't let anyone tell you differnt.

Damocles
12-23-2007, 06:11 PM
I like you, but you not so much me. Wahhhh!
See? I am sooooo cruel, and soooo impatient....

:D

FUCK THE POLICE
12-23-2007, 06:11 PM

I like AHZ.

I like Desh.

I doubt I could say "FUk U AND burn in HELL!!!!" to many admins and they'd let me still stay on, but you are the exception. You could've been a founding father.

Damocles
12-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Dangit, you are all ruining my vision of ruling cyberspace with an iron fist!

Don't dispel my fantasy...

Damocles
12-23-2007, 06:14 PM
even though I set you on the right course...how simple is this...lol...Hey I will fight beefy for Kathies warm and somber great dinner at Christmas..maybe a little more for desert!...That is if she would post or pm a pic or two(us guys are visual ya know)...just kidding..darla will turn this into a free for all against me...lol
pm me kathy...lol
And though I seem to be the only one to hear it, mostly because it is based in aurally centered sarcasm, I even like BB's sense of humor.

FUCK THE POLICE
12-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Dangit, you are all ruining my vision of ruling cyberspace with an iron fist!

Don't dispel my fantasy...

Oh alright everybody. We've gotta pretend that Damo's ruling with an iron fist now so we don't hurt his feelings.

AHHH1!!! Please don't ban me admin... PLEASE! I have a family! I still need to have sex before I die! There is so much more in my life that I need to do...

:crybaby:

I bow before thee....

Damocles
12-23-2007, 06:17 PM
Oh alright everybody. We've gotta pretend that Damo's ruling with an iron fist now so we don't hurt his feelings.

AHHH1!!! Please don't ban me admin... PLEASE! I have a family! I still need to have sex before I die! There is so much more in my life that I need to do...

:crybaby:

I bow before thee....
Mwaaahaaahaa! Doom and destruction!

BRUTALITOPS
12-23-2007, 10:37 PM
The reason why damo is not a ruling ahole, other than the fact that he is generally a nice guy, is because we, all of us are part of a tradition for the last few years of being part of a community in which a large degree of freedom is present. From politics.com, fullpolitics.com, etc . .

The userbase also has a tradition of mass [exodus] if mr. in charge ever screws up.

Not that we should have to worry about that with damo :) He's a cool dude.

And because I said it, you know it's true.

Beefy
12-24-2007, 01:33 AM
The reason why damo is not a ruling ahole, other than the fact that he is generally a nice guy, is because we, all of us are part of a tradition for the last few years of being part of a community in which a large degree of freedom is present. From politics.com, fullpolitics.com, etc . .

The userbase also has a tradition of mass exile if mr. in charge ever screws up.

Not that we should have to worry about that with damo :) He's a cool dude.

And because I said it, you know it's true.

Mass exodus I think you mean, but right on.

OT - Baer sold politics.com for "a ton of money" and is now sitting around, full time.

Minister of Truth
12-24-2007, 02:28 AM
I'd have to say my favorite poster is Watermark. We come from different worlds and hold opposite views (more so now than when I first started posting and he was going through his libertarian phase) but we are of the same generation and that seems to always make us able to communicate well and understand each other. I don't go for the emo thing much though...

Honorable mentions to Grind (outspoken and hilarious), Beefy (never knew him much when he was just an obscure FP troll) and Diuretic (he's new to me, but I like him), Damo (how can you not like Damo?), Gonzojournals, RStringfield and Warren (3 guys who I've always found enlightening - I consider Beefy and Damo in this category as well).

I will also grudgingly admit that CanadianKid is often funny. Afterall, I have always found the trolls to be immensely funny!

Minister of Truth
12-24-2007, 02:30 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot Charver. He's hilarious and I always found him and the Reverend to be a class act over at FP.

Beefy
12-24-2007, 03:03 AM
I'd have to say my favorite poster is Watermark. We come from different worlds and hold opposite views (more so now than when I first started posting and he was going through his libertarian phase) but we are of the same generation and that seems to always make us able to communicate well and understand each other. I don't go for the emo thing much though...

Honorable mentions to Grind (outspoken and hilarious), Beefy (never knew him much when he was just an obscure FP troll) and Diuretic (he's new to me, but I like him), Damo (how can you not like Damo?), Gonzojournals, RStringfield and Warren (3 guys who I've always found enlightening - I consider Beefy and Damo in this category as well).

I will also grudgingly admit that CanadianKid is often funny. Afterall, I have always found the trolls to be immensely funny!

I was mbl at fp.com.

Minister of Truth
12-24-2007, 03:10 AM
I was mbl at fp.com.

Ah, that would explain it. Pretty much all of the libertarian posters from P/FP.com have always impressed me and you have been no exception. I remember that there was an announcement made once that the BeefyBastard profile was open for takers. What ever became of that?

Beefy
12-24-2007, 03:35 AM
Ah, that would explain it. Pretty much all of the libertarian posters from P/FP.com have always impressed me and you have been no exception. I remember that there was an announcement made once that the BeefyBastard profile was open for takers. What ever became of that?

Dano used it and changed the password so it died.

BRUTALITOPS
12-24-2007, 10:15 AM
Mass exodus I think you mean, but right on.

you are right i don't know what i was thinking. i'm dumb.