PDA

View Full Version : Dixie the welcher????

maineman
09-04-2006, 08:38 PM
methinks that Dixie decided to provoke this fued between us when he became aware of the poll numbers heading south for congressional democrats.

I predict that Dixie uses the current fued between us to renege on his $100 bet regarding Democrats picking up seats in both the hous and the senate.

Hell....it looks like we might very well regain control of the house and not just pick up some seats.....

Speaker Pelosi.... it has a nice ring to it..... impeachment hearings in the house .... a nice ring....

Bush's skunk stench will be impossible for republicans to wash off.... and they had better be sure that their '08 candidate has NEVER had his or her picture taken with Dubya because it is guaran-fuckin'-teed that if they have, it will make it into a campaign ad.

YOu all should have thought about running someone else in '04, but oh, no.... you were so fucking cocky back then...

I cannot wait for the day to watch you all eat crow!

IHateGovernment
09-04-2006, 08:42 PM
Dems will gain but will not gain the house. Many voters may hate Republicans in general but still like their local Republican representative.

maineman
09-04-2006, 08:49 PM
that's all I ever bet on.... a net gain in both chambers... do you want to get in on a side bet that Dixie welches? I'll take the first five $20 wagers to that effect.

maineman
09-04-2006, 08:50 PM
Dems will gain but will not gain the house. Many voters may hate Republicans in general but still like their local Republican representative.

by the way..that is what democrats were saying in '94

Damocles
09-04-2006, 09:56 PM
Predicting a welch on a bet before the terms have come? Come on MM... At least link to the bet.

maineman
09-05-2006, 05:36 AM
the bet is all over FP.com.... even Dixie cannot deny it...which is why he will simply IGNORE it by ignoring me....

Blackflag
09-05-2006, 07:26 AM
I think "Dixie the Felcher" would be more appropriate.

maineman
09-05-2006, 07:44 AM
what a great image.....Dixie playing the rusty trombone!

Cypress
09-05-2006, 08:47 AM
methinks that Dixie decided to provoke this fued between us when he became aware of the poll numbers heading south for congressional democrats.

I predict that Dixie uses the current fued between us to renege on his $100 bet regarding Democrats picking up seats in both the hous and the senate.

Hell....it looks like we might very well regain control of the house and not just pick up some seats.....

Speaker Pelosi.... it has a nice ring to it..... impeachment hearings in the house .... a nice ring....

Bush's skunk stench will be impossible for republicans to wash off.... and they had better be sure that their '08 candidate has NEVER had his or her picture taken with Dubya because it is guaran-fuckin'-teed that if they have, it will make it into a campaign ad.

YOu all should have thought about running someone else in '04, but oh, no.... you were so fucking cocky back then...

I cannot wait for the day to watch you all eat crow!

Who wins if Dems pick up House seats, but the Senate stays as it is?

maineman
09-05-2006, 08:49 AM
Dixie would win.... I need to have democrats get a net gain in both chambers to win.....

Jarod
09-05-2006, 10:15 AM
Yup, if you win, you aint gettin paid.

OrnotBitwise
09-05-2006, 10:27 AM
I object to that scurrilous, bigoted phraseology. The slang verb "to welch" (on a bet) is injurious to all Welsh people.

TRGLDTE
09-05-2006, 10:48 AM
What a load of crap. The bet isn't even settled, and you're crying. STFU!

maineman
09-05-2006, 10:51 AM
Well.... you know that the word probably came into usage because some folks from Wales failed to honor their gambling debts!

maineman
09-05-2006, 10:52 AM
What a load of crap. The bet isn't even settled, and you're crying. STFU!

no tears...just commentary

OrnotBitwise
09-05-2006, 11:00 AM
Well.... you know that the word probably came into usage because some folks from Wales failed to honor their gambling debts!You see? Ethnic stereotyping!

Damocles
09-05-2006, 11:05 AM
It's mostly because the Welsh can't control their gambling urge. Those weak-minded Welsh!

;)

TRGLDTE
09-05-2006, 11:08 AM
It's mostly because the Welsh can't control their gambling urge. Those weak-minded Welsh!

;) And the Scots just can't help but squeeze a penny!

IHateGovernment
09-06-2006, 02:39 PM
I didn't know that Welch was a reference to the welsh? Does that means Welch's grape is Welsh.

Knowing that I will not use the term. It isn't any better than saying someone jewed you out of some dough.

OrnotBitwise
09-06-2006, 02:43 PM
I didn't know that Welch was a reference to the welsh? Does that means Welch's grape is Welsh.

Knowing that I will not use the term. It isn't any better than saying someone jewed you out of some dough.
Yes, that's the origin of the phrase. It's a mispronunciation: it ought to be "to Welsh out" (on a debt), but whoever said that racism had to be well spoken or literate?

;)

As to the name "Welch" I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me if it were a corruption. Ellis Island or even earlier.

IHateGovernment
09-06-2006, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the info.

Now when ever I hear somebody say Welch I'll have to go into my infamous "You know....."

maineman
09-08-2006, 12:40 PM
I suppose I should rephrase it to read "Dixie will renege"