PDA

View Full Version : you know its bad when one of your own sues you

robdastud
07-25-2006, 12:56 PM
WASHINGTON - A powerful Republican committee chairman who has led the fight against President Bush’s signing statements said Monday he would have a bill ready by the end of the week allowing Congress to sue him in federal court.

“We will submit legislation to the United States Senate which will...authorize the Congress to undertake judicial review of those signing statements with the view to having the president’s acts declared unconstitutional,” Judiciary Committee Chairman Arlen Specter, R-Pa., said on the Senate floor.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14020234/

must be bad when one of your own sues you in court.

LadyT
07-25-2006, 12:57 PM
I'll get excited when the impeachment comes.

robdastud
07-25-2006, 12:59 PM
i really hope we do impeach him. if dems take control, id be mad if they didn't.

Jarod
07-25-2006, 01:19 PM
I doubt they would impeach him, unless something we dont already know comes up.

I think more likely they will embarrass him and trash his immage it would likely be 1000 before another Republican from Texas could get the Republican nomination for president.

Damocles
07-25-2006, 01:44 PM
I doubt they would impeach him, unless something we dont already know comes up.

I think more likely they will embarrass him and trash his immage it would likely be 1000 before another Republican from Texas could get the Republican nomination for president.

Not only that but it would benefit them in the next elections showing that they are not all Neo-Con apologists, even if they had been right up until then...

Americans are so forgetful.

LadyT
07-25-2006, 01:54 PM
i really hope we do impeach him. if dems take control, id be mad if they didn't.

They are shaping up not too. I haven't heard much from them in terms of an impeachment despite everything. I'd feel completely cheated if they didn't at least try.

Into Тhe Night
09-13-2023, 05:25 PM
Impeachment seems unlikely at this point.