PDA

View Full Version : Things I've learned

Beefy
12-13-2007, 02:52 PM
Unique things about Hawaii:

-Spam, the meat, is huge. Its everywhere.

-There are no pork sandwiches, only "pig" sandwiches

-No shoes in a home, ever

-Shower at night before bed, rather than in the morning

-Not recycling is a cardinal sin

-Nobody gives a shit what you drive, at all

-UH football is more important than anything that has ever existed in the universe

-There can never be enough ABC stores

-Hana Bay Rum supercedes all other rums

-Hawaiian Shirts are called "Aloha Shirts"

-Howzit.

-The shaka replaces the wave

-Eddia Aikau is God

uscitizen
12-13-2007, 03:07 PM
Flaccid.

Beefy
12-13-2007, 03:09 PM
Flaccid.

Why you hatin' on my thread?

uscitizen
12-13-2007, 03:12 PM
good question.

You already know the answer.

Beefy
12-13-2007, 03:14 PM
good question.

You already know the answer.

Allright. I was just venting. It happens to me every few months or so.

My sincerest regrets. :clink:

uscitizen
12-13-2007, 03:15 PM
:clink:

Cypress
12-13-2007, 03:19 PM
Been to the big island yet?

Battleborne
12-13-2007, 03:22 PM
Mainlanders not welcome!
Howlees go home!
The Big Kahuna Rocks!
The Little Kahuna drinks too much only hangs five!:D
Mobetta bruddah'

Battleborne
12-13-2007, 03:25 PM

:rolleyes: Beefy is a ingognito touroid...not a sailor!

Beefy
12-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Mainlanders not welcome!
Howlees go home!
The Big Kahuna Rocks!
The Little Kahuna drinks too much only hangs five!:D

I've been pretty welcomed here, but there are areas on the Island that are not really considered safe for the haoles, mainly the west coast of the Island.

I haven't heard the "haole go home" yet, but I've only driven through the west side of the Island once.

The Big Kahuna is pretty cool, I got twisted there a few weeks ago and damned near picked up a hooker, but thought better of it.

Beefy

Not yet, probably after new years.

evince
Do they call you a howlee?

Cypress
12-13-2007, 03:27 PM
:rolleyes: Beefy is a ingognito touroid...not a sailor!

there's this amazing new invention called airplanes, that allows one to hop around the islands at will.

Beefy
12-13-2007, 03:29 PM
Do they call you a howlee?

Sometimes, but its not always considered derogatory. My roommate is a local, and she sometimes refers to me as "haole". But out here, there are many different contexts for Hawaiian words.

Beefy
12-13-2007, 03:29 PM
there's this amazing new invention called airplanes, that allows one to hop around the islands at will.

The superferry just opened as well.

Battleborne
12-13-2007, 03:31 PM

over the vets head again...The big Island is home of the 7th fleet...I don't think beefy wants to compete with sailors on shore leave...takes way mo money!

Battleborne
12-13-2007, 03:36 PM
I've been pretty welcomed here, but there are areas on the Island that are not really considered safe for the haoles, mainly the west coast of the Island.

I haven't heard the "haole go home" yet, but I've only driven through the west side of the Island once.

The Big Kahuna is pretty cool, I got twisted there a few weeks ago and damned near picked up a hooker, but thought better of it.

don't spell it clinical...spell it like they say it...howlee'...ya the 'Big Kahuna' is once in a lifetime experience...for sure stay away from the hookers...ya won't get laid but ya may get taken by the girls big Kahuna BF!...!

Beefy
12-13-2007, 03:43 PM
don't spell it clinical...spell it like they say it...howlee'...ya the 'Big Kahuna' is once in a lifetime experience...for sure stay away from the hookers...ya won't get laid but ya may get taken by the girls big Kahuna BF!...!

That's how haole's pronounce it "howlee", but the locals pronounce it hao leh.

Good mai tais at the Big Kahuna.

Battleborne
12-13-2007, 03:47 PM
That's how haole's pronounce it "howlee", but the locals pronounce it hao leh.

Good mai tais at the Big Kahuna.

are you a native...el beefy...the 'LittleKahuna'

Mai tais are cool...a really good get the girl drink..lotsa little umbrellas and such...are you limp wristed now el beefy...the locals do the beer route!:cof1:

Beefy
12-13-2007, 04:00 PM
are you a native...el beefy...the 'LittleKahuna'

Mai tais are cool...a really good get the girl drink..lotsa little umbrellas and such...are you limp wristed now el beefy...the locals do the beer route!:cof1:

I'm pretty much a beer and bourbon guy. But an occasional mai tai topped with 151 can hit spot.

I pronounce it "howlee" because I feel like a poser if I try to pronounce it the way the locals do.

FUCK THE POLICE
12-13-2007, 04:32 PM
Unique things about Hawaii:

-Spam, the meat, is huge. Its everywhere.

-There are no pork sandwiches, only "pig" sandwiches

-No shoes in a home, ever

-Shower at night before bed, rather than in the morning

-Not recycling is a cardinal sin

-Nobody gives a shit what you drive, at all

-UH football is more important than anything that has ever existed in the universe

-There can never be enough ABC stores

-Hana Bay Rum supercedes all other rums

-Hawaiian Shirts are called "Aloha Shirts"

-Howzit.

-The shaka replaces the wave

-Eddia Aikau is God

Fuck you.

I'm so jealous.

Beefy
12-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Fuck you.

I'm so jealous.

ZOMG? Jealous of what? You live in Mississippi, the most advanced society in the country.

Diuretic
12-13-2007, 05:39 PM
ABC stores - had to laugh my guts out once on IRC when an Australian bloke said the first time he went to Honolulu he said he marked out where the hotel was because there was a store called "ABC" right next door so he wouldn't get lost - he was of course making a joke at his own expense but it struck me as very humorous.

Beefy
12-13-2007, 05:53 PM
ABC stores - had to laugh my guts out once on IRC when an Australian bloke said the first time he went to Honolulu he said he marked out where the hotel was because there was a store called "ABC" right next door so he wouldn't get lost - he was of course making a joke at his own expense but it struck me as very humorous.

Literally, you can see other ABC stores from the inside of an ABC store. There's 2 of them no more than 100 feet apart in one part of Waikiki.

uscitizen
12-13-2007, 05:55 PM
ZOMG? Jealous of what? You live in Mississippi, the most advanced society in the country.:D that is funny.

Diuretic
12-13-2007, 06:37 PM
Literally, you can see other ABC stores from the inside of an ABC store. There's 2 of them no more than 100 feet apart in one part of Waikiki.

Yep, that's what made it so funny. They're very convenient though (and I didn't get lost in Honolulu I just asked for directions, people are very helpful). Funny thing did happen to me though. I was walking back to the hotel from dinner one night with my then wife and behind me I heard this booming voice in an Australian accent, "isn't it funny who you come across in Hawaii?" I turned around, it was one of the recruits I used to teach, graduated a few weeks earlier and had come to Honolulu for leave.

I was really glad I was walking along the street with my wife and not some hooker :clink:

FUCK THE POLICE
12-13-2007, 08:07 PM
ZOMG? Jealous of what? You live in Mississippi, the most advanced society in the country.

Oh fuck you.

Beefy
12-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Oh fuck you.

Whad I do?