PDA

View Full Version : What are you all doing this weekend...

krisy
09-03-2006, 12:04 PM
and please,can we keep Republicans,Democrats,Cons,Libs,gays,"hollyrollers",the right to kill your dog,and the war in Iraq out of this thread?:cof1:

Just curious if your doing anything fun?

We are going to the WEBN fireworks here in Cincinnati. It's a HUGE fireworks display on the Ohio river. Usually about 500,000 people show up. We haven't been in a while,so I hope the crowd doesn't bug me. Shouldn't be a problem tho,we are going to a less crowded spot. Tonorrow,a grill out.

Annie
09-03-2006, 12:09 PM
If it's not raining, we'll grill tomorrow. Today is cleaning and work related.

Sir Evil
09-03-2006, 12:11 PM
and please,can we keep Republicans,Democrats,Cons,Libs,gays,"hollyrollers",the right to kill your dog,and the war in Iraq out of this thread?:cof1:

:nono: :nono:

Are you asking someone something without having a politically related view?
C'mon, next thing you know you will be called a warmonger for enjoying the fireworks!

Sir Evil
09-03-2006, 12:15 PM

What on a sunday? Oh you are a dumb neocon, warmonging bush lover, how dare you!!!!:cof1:

Damocles
09-03-2006, 12:20 PM
We are "camping" in our front field... The girls and I have put up the tent and put out the fireplace... We are making s'mores and the middle kid is going to show off her guitar playing prowess!

Annie
09-03-2006, 12:34 PM
What on a sunday? Oh you are a dumb neocon, warmonging bush lover, how dare you!!!!:cof1:

I know, all work and no play, but heh, I can be had for a good time. ;)

Sir Evil
09-03-2006, 01:31 PM
I know, all work and no play, but heh, I can be had for a good time. ;)

What, a conservative woman that can be fun? got proof?:cof1:

krisy
09-03-2006, 01:43 PM

Not sure where your form,but it's a great day for that here. First day it hasn't rained in like 5 or 6 days. Sunny and 75:)

krisy
09-03-2006, 01:59 PM
We are "camping" in our front field... The girls and I have put up the tent and put out the fireplace... We are making s'mores and the middle kid is going to show off her guitar playing prowess!

That sounds like a lot of fun! How is the weather there? It feels like fall here and I love it!

Damocles
09-03-2006, 02:03 PM
It's about 80 degrees out, nice and sunny... It's really nice right now...

Annie
09-03-2006, 02:21 PM

Hey! Woman? Fun? Me?

OrnotBitwise
09-03-2006, 02:37 PM
Well, I did hear tell of a hooker who would only take Republican clients once. That's about as close as it gets though, so far as I know.

;)

maineman
09-03-2006, 02:38 PM
went to the local organic farmer on saturday for vegetables... drove out to the coast this morning and walked on the beach with my wife and our dogs for a while.... will play golf with my oldest son tomorrow.

krisy
09-03-2006, 03:47 PM
went to the local organic farmer on saturday for vegetables... drove out to the coast this morning and walked on the beach with my wife and our dogs for a while.... will play golf with my oldest son tomorrow.

Sounds nice:)

Annie
09-03-2006, 03:50 PM

Agreed. Sounds like a typical day, for a typical American.

Gaffer
09-03-2006, 04:55 PM
well i worked today and I'll work tomorrow. Hope you enjoy the fireworks, trintiy will be there too Krisy.

maineman
09-03-2006, 06:12 PM

thank you Krisy.... if I whip my son at golf tomorrow, it will be especially nice!

Trinity
09-04-2006, 09:15 AM
well i worked today and I'll work tomorrow. Hope you enjoy the fireworks, trintiy will be there too Krisy.

Yeah I was there! We ended up going to the KY side.........Big Mistake..... some freaking moroon decided that we neeeded the MP to direct traffic, so they closed down all the roads except like 3, we left the fireworks before they were over so we wouldn't get stuck in traffic and ended up sitting in traffic for 2 hours!:mad: needless to say next year I will be on the Ohio side.

Damocles
09-04-2006, 09:24 AM
Merged duplicate threads.

Cypress
09-04-2006, 09:36 AM

Just curious if your doing anything fun?

We are going to the WEBN fireworks here in Cincinnati. It's a HUGE fireworks display on the Ohio river. Usually about 500,000 people show up. We haven't been in a while,so I hope the crowd doesn't bug me. Shouldn't be a problem tho,we are going to a less crowded spot. Tonorrow,a grill out.

Spending this a.m at my favorite coffee house on the wharf, reading a book and watching the sea lions at play.

uscitizen
09-05-2006, 10:51 AM
I had loosly planned to take the GC to Kings Island. But they appeared to have other plans, and I don't use such things a leverage. Oh well we will go play some other time.

TRGLDTE
09-05-2006, 11:05 AM
We went to our country club's poolside social event.

Thorn
09-05-2006, 11:47 AM
It rained steadily for four days! No thunder, no high winds, just steady rain. Given that we haven't had any significant rainfall all year, this wasn't unwelcome, and that it wasn't violent actually helped the crops. (no hail to destroy the plants, etc.)

What that meant for us, of course, was that all the outdoor activities planned had to be shelved. I did go to my friend's garden center and picked up some new plants, but had to leave most of the other outdoor stuff 'til next weekend. Played with the dogs, worked some on our Humane Society Dog Fun Run logo, read a couple of books, did some more work on designing our interior renovations but stopped short of starting a mess that couldn't be finished before today. All in all it was a pleasant, restful weekend.

Cancel7
09-05-2006, 07:03 PM
This was a banner weekend for moi.

By Friday night at 10:30, I had already turned two hetero women over at TGIF’s. I wore my “Multiple O’s, Ask Me How” t-shirt, and to tell you the truth, if I had had the energy for it, I could have turned two more. But alas, I had to awaken early Saturday, for a busy day.

I was at the pharmacy by 8am, stalking the early pregnancy test aisle. Whenever a girl came in to buy a test, I bombarded her with pamphlets entitled “Save The World, Have An Abortion...Or Two!”

At noon I had my “Men: How We’ll Breed Them Out of the Gene Pool by 2015” seminar, followed by a march on the Gillette headquarters at 6. We dumped all over our razors on company property, and, one of us more hairy-legged than the next, ran around singing “who wears short shorts”, while actually wearing, short shorts.

Monday was the big day of course. We gathered to leaflet Wal-mart (union materials for the uninitiated) and when one of us was arrested, the word went out. 20 thousand femni-nazis, commies, Islamofacists (yeah, we hang), and Michael Moore, all converged on this one Wal-mart. They had to close. We were so giddy over having put 500 people out of work (and good jobs too!).

But perhaps all of this pales in comparison to tomorrow’s plans. The first day of school. We have amassed no less than 50,000 condoms which we will be passing out to 5th graders, along with instructions, tips and the advice “might as well as start now, you don’t want it to atrophy”.

krisy
09-05-2006, 07:37 PM
I had loosly planned to take the GC to Kings Island. But they appeared to have other plans, and I don't use such things a leverage. Oh well we will go play some other time.

So your form Ohio?

Johnney
09-07-2006, 07:24 AM
for some reason Jessica got a bug up her butt and sunday afternoon we headed for wisconson dells. rained all day, all night and most of the next day. this weekend im working on call til next friday.

uscitizen
09-07-2006, 07:41 AM
So your form Ohio?

Nope KY. Kings island is the closest big amusement park though. I did live in Coloumbus for a while though many years ago.