PDA

View Full Version : Could Jesus be Libertarian?

LibertyThunder
08-06-2016, 12:16 PM
I mean, he was all about freedom of choice. He told his FOLLOWERS that THEY were held to a higher calling, but He did not enforce the higher standards on everyone. Your thoughts?

Bill
08-06-2016, 01:50 PM
What libertarian ever said look after orphans and widows in their distress??

Legion Troll
08-06-2016, 02:09 PM
Can dead people be Libertarian?

Bill
08-06-2016, 02:11 PM
No, they always vote democrat..

stoned
08-07-2016, 11:57 AM
I mean, he was all about freedom of choice. He told his FOLLOWERS that THEY were held to a higher calling, but He did not enforce the higher standards on everyone. Your thoughts?

Not a chance.

Celticguy
08-07-2016, 01:36 PM
No. Jesus is apolitical. Remember "render unto Caesar..."?

Bill
08-07-2016, 01:46 PM

??You mean he wasn't a republican??

Minister of Truth
08-07-2016, 02:02 PM
What libertarian ever said look after orphans and widows in their distress??

All of them. They just don't believe in using public funds (well, some, such as Grind, don't believe in the cause, of course).

Legion Troll
08-07-2016, 02:37 PM
All of them. They just don't believe in using public funds (well, some, such as Grind, don't believe in the cause, of course).

If Fibbertarians took care of orphans and widows in their distress, the government wouldn't have to, taker.

Celticguy
08-07-2016, 02:38 PM
??You mean he wasn't a republican??

He had bigger fish to fry

Bill
08-07-2016, 02:48 PM

Every libertarian I have ever talked to-NOT ONE HAS EVER MENTIONED IT, NOR ANYTHING EVEN CLOSE-ZERO, ZILCH..

There responses always focus on "me", "mine", "taking from me" etc etc etc..........

Legion Troll
08-07-2016, 02:57 PM
Every libertarian I have ever talked to-NOT ONE HAS EVER MENTIONED IT, NOR ANYTHING EVEN CLOSE-ZERO, ZILCH..

There responses always focus on "me", "mine", "taking from me" etc etc etc..........

And the Air Farce Reservist is a total tax-dollar taker from the word go - he went straight from his mom's house to Uncle Sam's tit.

He's a complete parasite.

Bill
08-07-2016, 03:00 PM
And the Air Farce Reservist is a total tax-dollar taker from the word go - he went straight from his mom's house to Uncle Sam's tit.

He's a complete parasite.

http://jenschoeller.us/webi1711/final/images/presidents/bushdrinking.jpg

Legion Troll
08-07-2016, 03:02 PM
http://jenschoeller.us/webi1711/final/images/presidents/bushdrinking.jpg

Yep, except our Air Farce Reservist can't fly and didn't qualify for OCS. :rofl2:

BRUTALITOPS
08-07-2016, 04:40 PM

that's not what render onto caesar meant.

The jews were trying to ask jesus a question that put him into an impossible situation. They asked him if he supported roman taxation. If he said yes, then he would be betraying the jewish people and this would undermine him in their eyes. If he said no, then he's basically openly advocating for people to disobey rome, which could get him killed. It was a question meant to trap him either way.

So he basically sidestepped the question entirely by giving a non answer. Implying a coin with caesars face must be his so just give it to him. He wasn't teaching the virtues on submission to the roman state, jesus was obviously pretty damn against that.

BRUTALITOPS
08-07-2016, 04:41 PM
If Fibbertarians took care of orphans and widows in their distress, the government wouldn't have to, taker.

if we didn't take care of the orphans, pretty quickly there wouldn't be any. Problem solved.

evince
08-08-2016, 08:20 AM

that jesus loved the poor and you fucks hate them

evince
08-08-2016, 08:32 AM
good for you grind

be yourself

BRUTALITOPS
08-09-2016, 07:15 PM
hasa why did you groan me you retard? that is literally the actual meaning. many sources verify this.

Timshel
08-10-2016, 05:36 PM
hasa why did you groan me you retard? that is literally the actual meaning. many sources verify this.

List one.

Celticguy
08-10-2016, 07:04 PM
that jesus loved the poor and you fucks hate them

He loves everybody. Even you as impossible as that sounds.

Mott the Hoople
08-12-2016, 01:52 PM
Absolutely! Have you not read the Gospel of Supply Side Jesus? For shame...and you call yourself a libertarian!!

http://www.beliefnet.com/news/2003/09/the-gospel-of-supply-side-jesus.aspx#

Mott the Hoople
08-12-2016, 01:53 PM
No, they always vote democrat..I bow to the master. Now that was funny. :)

Mott the Hoople
08-12-2016, 01:56 PM
if we didn't take care of the orphans, pretty quickly there wouldn't be any. Problem solved.That's what I like about you Grind. You're pragmatic.

Mott the Hoople
08-12-2016, 01:57 PM
He loves everybody. Even you as impossible as that sounds.Oh come on. I know for a fact Jesus never met Jim Harbaugh.

Celticguy
08-12-2016, 03:18 PM
Oh come on. I know for a fact Jesus never met Jim Harbaugh.

Doesn't need to, you don't need to qualify. Salvation is another matter, you do need to want that.

Minister of Truth
08-12-2016, 03:40 PM
Doesn't need to, you don't need to qualify. Salvation is another matter, you do need to want that.

Yeah, that was a football joke...

BRUTALITOPS
08-12-2016, 03:49 PM
List one.

how about the actual bible? is that good enough for you?

Then the Pharisees went and plotted how to entangle him in his words. 16 And they sent their disciples to him, along with the Herodians, saying, “Teacher, we know that you are true and teach the way of God truthfully, and you do not care about anyone's opinion, for you are not swayed by appearances.[a (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+22%3A15-22&version=ESV#fen-ESV-23886a)] 17 Tell us, then, what you think. Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not?” 18 But Jesus, aware of their malice, said, “Why put me to the test, you hypocrites? 19 Show me the coin for the tax.”

it was a trick question.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+22%3A15-22&version=ESV

Legion Troll
08-12-2016, 04:23 PM
http://d1ht0jfupa014z.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/feature-2014-01-libertarianjesus.jpg?dcdd03

http://images.memes.com/meme/870266

Celticguy
08-12-2016, 05:48 PM
Yeah, that was a football joke...

Yes, I was aware of that. He is a dick no question. JC doesn't care about sports either.

Mott the Hoople
08-12-2016, 06:17 PM
Yes, I was aware of that. He is a dick no question. JC doesn't care about sports either.
Maybe not but his father sure is a heck of a baseball fan or why else would he start the Bible by saying "In the big inning."?

BRUTALITOPS
08-12-2016, 06:59 PM
http://d1ht0jfupa014z.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/feature-2014-01-libertarianjesus.jpg?dcdd03

http://images.memes.com/meme/870266

lolll

Ralph
08-12-2016, 07:12 PM
Actually: Christ Jesus was the personification of the "ultra conservative". He lived His entire life from birth to death without sinning once, under the written Law of Moses or the Old Law. He was intolerant of sin or lawlessness, false prophets, etc. He preached self defense with weapons when necessary, preached that marriage was between a man and woman and had been since the beginning, supported the death penalty that God declared was necessary when man spilled the innocent blood of other men.

There are 2 sides to every coin, not only is God "LOVE"....the other side of that coin demonstrates that God (Jesus was God incarnate) can be and is "wrathful" and "severe". Jesus taught that one must FEAR GOD and His judgment. He wants all men to be saved by coming to the knowledge of the truth.

Nope...I don't believe that Jesus could have been a "libertarian"....for one thing its like Mr. Reagan said, "I notice that everyone that is for ABORTION...has already been born." Somehow....I don't see Jesus endorsing ABORTION. What if Marry had aborted the Christ, she had the perfect liberal societal excuse, she was with child without ever having slept with Joseph.

Bill
08-12-2016, 07:28 PM
Actually: Christ Jesus was the personification of the "ultra conservative". He lived His entire life from birth to death without sinning once, under the written Law of Moses or the Old Law. He was intolerant3119 of sin or lawlessness, false prophets, etc. He preached self defense with weapons when necessary, preached that marriage was between a man and woman and had been since the beginning, supported the death penalty that God declared was necessary when man spilled innocent blood of other men.

There are 2 sides to every coin, not only is God "LOVE"....the other side of that coin demonstrates that God (Jesus was God incarnate) can be and is "wrathful" and "severe". Jesus taught that one must FEAR GOD and His judgment. He wants all men to be saved by coming to the knowledge of the truth.

Nope...I don't believe that Jesus could have been a "libertarian"....for one thing its like Mr. Reagan said, "I notice that everyone that is for ABORTION...has already been born." Somehow....I don't see Jesus endorsing ABORTION. What if Marry had aborted the Christ, she had the perfect excuse, she was with child without being married.

& yet the things he did were so unlike the republican Jesus "some" seem to imagine..

You know the kind, bitching about the $600,000 shack Sanders family inherited & have a blind eye for their own3120

You know the kind that see themselves as the followers of the Christ & yet they are little different than the leaders the Christ continually criticized..

You know the kind, that put burdens on men's back they themselves are not only unwilling but are unable to bear.........

Ralph
08-13-2016, 03:16 AM
& yet the things he did were so unlike the republican Jesus "some" seem to imagine..

You know the kind, bitching about the $600,000 shack Sanders family inherited & have a blind eye for their own3120

You know the kind that see themselves as the followers of the Christ & yet they are little different than the leaders the Christ continually criticized..

You know the kind, that put burdens on men's back they themselves are not only unwilling but are unable to bear.........

Yep....dem evil republicans, makes me glad that I'm a democrat. :) I wonder if the Christ would have rejected someone because they had an "R" or "D" in their title? Labels. There is nothing like obvious "bigotry". It appears that someone's PROGRAMING is well ingrained. It does not matter what someone's personal life is...its the R or the D that defines them.

There is nothing wrong in judging....the problem is people sometimes judge because they have been conditioned to judge without ever having weighed the evidental reality of the actual history. Its a most easy thing to wait until someone opens their mouths and proves they are the asshole you assume them to be.

Its much like some...."claiming" to be one thing with their mouth (I am a libertarian..etc,)....and then their actions prove them to be something totally different. Take TRUMP....if he is a conservative....CLINTON does not allow her hubby to chase tail. But its the "R" that defines them...right...err...left comrade? Funny thing...I have never witnessed a Libertarian or a Liberal that was indeed a social communist. Proving what? Labels don't reveal much about a person....its not what they say...its what they do....the "ID" reveals everything. You can lie to others, you lie to yourself...but you can't lie to your ID.

Legionthecat
08-13-2016, 03:30 AM
Yep....dem evil republicans, makes me glad that I'm a democrat. :) I wonder if the Christ would have rejected someone because they had an "R" or "D" in their title? Labels. There is nothing like obvious "bigotry". It appears that someone's PROGRAMING is well ingrained. It does not matter what someone's personal life is...its the R or the D that defines them.

There is nothing wrong in judging....the problem is people sometimes judge because they have been conditioned to judge without ever having weighed the evidental reality of the actual history. Its a most easy thing to wait until someone opens their mouths and proves they are the asshole you assume them to be.

Its much like some...."claiming" to be one thing with their mouth (I am a libertarian..etc,)....and then their actions prove them to be something totally different. Take TRUMP....if he is a conservative....CLINTON does not allow her hubby to chase tail. But its the "R" that defines them...right...err...left comrade? Funny thing...I have never witnessed a Libertarian or a Liberal that was indeed a social communist. Proving what? Labels don't reveal much about a person.

Jesus will never forgive you for being a republican Ralphie.
You will never get into heaven.

Ralph
08-13-2016, 03:34 AM

Right...Jesus cares about labels...and what OTHERS THINK. Sounds awful LIBERAL TO ME....doing something or saying something to be with the "in" crowd....Yep, Jesus hates dem evil Republicans. :) You know the best way to spot a liberal? They attempt to generate anger by projecting something that makes them angry or bigoted about. Take for instance the so called tolerant supporter of queerness....the first thing he/she does is call someone a queer because they are only pretending to be tolerant in order to seek the accolade of their cohorts. The proverbial kettle calling the pot black. Read the threads around here and judge just who the intolerant, hate filled bigots really are....the one's that say they are one thing and prove they are something else by their acts.

The first thing my pappy taught me....If you are going to a battle of wits, its best to bring a loaded gun, not an empty chamber. Then again....children are to be overlooked and not taken with any seriousness...I simply allow their imagination to run...its a joyful thing to watch children at play...pretending to be something...like smart...etc.,

Legionthecat
08-13-2016, 03:41 AM
Right.......Yep, Jesus hates dem evil Republicans. :) .

Sarcasm?, or admitting what you know to be true.

Ralph
08-13-2016, 03:44 AM
Sarcasm?, or admitting what you know to be true.

Just watching the children play. Popcorn? :) What do you want to be when you grow up?

Legionthecat
08-13-2016, 03:50 AM
Just watching the children play. Popcorn? :) What do you want to be when you grow up?

I'm not the one who believes in supernatural beings with magical powers and living forever.
I grew up a long time ago.

iolo
08-13-2016, 06:12 AM

A joke, surely, because a Pharisee was carrying Occupation money bearing a graven image? What did he think didn't belong to God? Jesus couldn't have been a libertarian because they support capitalism, which implies a police state, inevitably.

Ralph
08-13-2016, 06:16 AM
I'm not the one who believes in supernatural beings with magical powers and living forever.
I grew up a long time ago.

A godless communist atheist? Do you have something to reveal that your childishness hasn't already revealed? You don't have to define yourself....your actions do as much. As I said....only a fool attempts to project something to induce anger into others based upon his/her own ID (inner desires). FYI: simply because your guild becomes angered by personal ad hominem insults in no indicator that intelligent "adults" find your antics anything other than what is expected from your intellectual level....predictable and funny as hell. :) Its what I live for....winding a fool up and watching the entertainment as he/she comes spinning out of the proverbial corner.....shouting insults over their "LEFT SHOULDER".

FYI: "Magic" would be a belief and espousing it as truth...that the Universe and all reality created itself from NOTHING. Just ask Stephen Hawking who boldly states that GRAVITY is nothing and from that nothing the universe created itself. This in spite of the fact that gravity can be measured or quantified by its effect...thus gravity is something rather than nothing and some SUPER (superior) Natural force had to create the Universe...according to the first law of reason and logic. Causality. Which states that any effect must have a greater or superior CAUSE.

Magic? LMAO Now that's magic, producing something from nothing. If at first nothing existed...then nothing would still be existing today. FYI: God is eternal...the universe is not, according to Applied Science. My faith is confirmed by applied science....not refuted....as is yours. Real Science enlightens us...something superior to NATURE created the reality called the Universe and Time. Call it what you will....but I am not so stupid as to think that I am equal to or superior to that creating force. The whole is indeed greater than the sum of its parts. Only a fool places him/herself on the same level as the force that created them.
http://en.www.theguardian.com/science/2010/sep/02/stephen-hawking-big-bang-creator

Legionthecat
08-13-2016, 06:28 AM
A godless communist atheist? Do you have something to reveal that your childishness hasn't already revealed? You don't have to define yourself....your actions do as much. As I said....only a fool attempts to project something to induce anger into others based upon his/her own ID (inner desires). FYI: simply because your guild becomes angered by personal ad hominem insults in no indicator that "adults" find your antics anything other than what is expected from your intellectual level....funny as hell. :)

Communist? Really?
If you were anymore out of touch you would be wearing a Joe McCarthy for president button. LOL
How "adult" is it to believe you will live forever, like a vampire, because you pleased some supernatural fantasy being who has magical powers?
Yeah that displays the depth of your intellect Ralphie.
You are pathetically funny, and tragically out of touch with reality.

Ralph
08-13-2016, 06:36 AM
Communist? Really?
If you were anymore out of touch you would be wearing a Joe McCarthy for president button. LOL
How "adult" is it to believe you will live forever, like a vampire, because you pleased some supernatural fantasy being who has magical powers?
Yeah that displays the depth of your intellect Ralphie.
You are pathetically funny, and tragically out of touch with reality.

A communist? Indeed, as I said...simply because who wish to label yourself something.....the actions produced by your ID reveals the truth. Look at Trump....he calls himself a conservative. If you buy that.......LMAO. I have some ocean front property to sell you...IN OHIO. Is it my fault you can't tell the difference between salt and fresh water? Remember....check your chamber. :)

With your gums still flapping....having demonstrated the point....I move on to the next liberal lie.

Legionthecat
08-13-2016, 06:50 AM
A communist? Indeed, as I said...simply because who wish to label yourself something.....the actions produced by your ID reveals the truth. Look at Trump....he calls himself a conservative. If you buy that.......LMAO. I have some ocean front property to sell you...IN OHIO. Is it my fault you can't tell the difference between salt and fresh water? Remember....check your chamber. :)

With your gums still flapping....having demonstrated the point....I move on to the next liberal lie.

Trumpf is a NYC liberal con man with an ego the size of Montana, Joe McCarthy.
You are the gullible one who bough the Buy-Bull, not I.
You so funny.

Ralph
08-13-2016, 06:57 AM
Trumpf is a NYC liberal con man with an ego the size of Montana, Joe McCarthy.
You are the gullible one who bough the Buy-Bull, not I.
You so funny.

Yet...just like you he "pretends" to be something he is not. His history and actions define him...not his words that he wishes to present to those fool enough to accept them as truth. :) One thing for sure....you are neither a Libertarian, or a conservative or even a blue dog democrat.....as confessed you are a godless socialist. Your ID reveals your true self and there is nothing you can do to hide it...if you attempt to communicate at all....most of all your ID informs us that you are far from being "mature".....you post for nothing but accolade, thinking that you must seek the approval or consensus of your cohorts. Hell...truth seeks nothing...it is what it is....un-bendable regardless of consensus.

Its been fun....but...the rain has stopped and a ranch will not run itself. FLAP ON COMRADE.

Legionthecat
08-13-2016, 07:08 AM
Yet...just like you he "pretends" to be something he is not. His history and actions define him...not his words that he wishes to present to those fool enough to accept them as truth. :) One thing for sure....you are neither a Libertarian, or a conservative or even a blue dog democrat.....as confessed you are a godless socialist. Your ID reveals your true self and there is nothing you can do to hide it...if you attempt to communicate at all....most of all your ID informs us that you are far from being "mature".....you post for nothing but accolade, thinking that you must seek the approval or consensus of your cohorts. Hell...truth seeks nothing...it is what it is....un-bendable regardless of consensus.

Its been fun....but...the rain has stopped and a ranch will not run itself. FLAP ON COMRADE.

You and Thilly Wabbit are the best comic relief we have had here for months.

FLAP ON COMRADE.
LOL

Legion Troll
08-13-2016, 12:01 PM
Ralphie may be more entertaining than Gomie was.

Phantasmal
08-13-2016, 12:08 PM
Jesus was a Zealot, he would be a Bernie Bro

Legionthecat
08-13-2016, 06:20 PM
Ralphie may be more entertaining than Gomie was.

Think so?

http://amayberrystateofmind.com/attachments/Image/gomer16.jpg

philly rabbit
08-14-2016, 06:31 AM

Jesus never went to a university where libertarians always revert to when expressing their theories.

philly rabbit
08-14-2016, 06:32 AM
Jesus was a Zealot, he would be a Bernie Bro

He didn't support queer women who salivate about being men.

philly rabbit
08-14-2016, 06:33 AM
You and Thilly Wabbit are the best comic relief we have had here for months.

FLAP ON COMRADE.
LOL

This is a lowlife .. he's the bottom of the bilges in this forum's bottom feeding club.

philly rabbit
08-14-2016, 06:35 AM

Mocking Christianity again .. eh Leon cultural Marxist scumbag?

philly rabbit
08-14-2016, 06:37 AM

And it's nice to see this moderator finally coming clean.

iolo
08-14-2016, 06:42 AM
Mocking Christianity again .. eh Leon cultural Marxist scumbag?

Well, I reckon that would put Legioncat a lot closer to Jesus politically than are all you weirdoes with beams in your eyes. Read Acts and the Magnificat, if you have access to a Bible and can read.

evince
08-14-2016, 07:20 AM

he whipped the money changers

he is not on your hate the poor side

philly rabbit
08-14-2016, 10:35 AM
Well, I reckon that would put Legioncat a lot closer to Jesus politically than are all you weirdoes with beams in your eyes. Read Acts and the Magnificat, if you have access to a Bible and can read.

Why don't you go to the place that you don't believe in?

iolo
08-15-2016, 09:32 AM
Why don't you go to the place that you don't believe in?

Why don't you wait to grow up before you rant and rave. You are a very tedious child.

J Craft
08-15-2016, 01:06 PM
that's not what render onto caesar meant.

The jews were trying to ask jesus a question that put him into an impossible situation. They asked him if he supported roman taxation. If he said yes, then he would be betraying the jewish people and this would undermine him in their eyes. If he said no, then he's basically openly advocating for people to disobey rome, which could get him killed. It was a question meant to trap him either way.

So he basically sidestepped the question entirely by giving a non answer. Implying a coin with caesars face must be his so just give it to him. He wasn't teaching the virtues on submission to the roman state, jesus was obviously pretty damn against that.

No. He meant exactly what he said. Taxes were required, so pay them. He didn't say taxes were good or bad. His mission was to illuminate Gods message; Believe and be saved.

Christ was not concerned with the politics of man. He was neither for or against political correctness. He was against any law that was anti Gods laws. Taxes are not. This does not mean that if you are a Christian you can't vote against taxes, only that you are obligated to obey the law, so long as it does not ask you to break one of Gods laws.

Phantasmal
08-15-2016, 01:08 PM
Why don't you wait to grow up before you rant and rave. You are a very tedious child.

Its too late, he is in his 70's, and is going through his second childhood, regressing in his old age, dementia does that.

philly rabbit
08-16-2016, 08:06 AM
Its too late, he is in his 70's, and is going through his second childhood, regressing in his old age, dementia does that.

The ages of my wife and I were close. I didn't marry my mommy like you did your daddy.

philly rabbit
08-16-2016, 08:11 AM
I wonder if Pastor Goody .. the conservative Democrat is Rana the rag's husband?

He looks about her speed in his photo.

Minister of Truth
08-16-2016, 08:35 AM
I wonder if Pastor Goody .. the conservative Democrat is Rana the rag's husband?

Why do you wonder? Aren't you smart enough to apply some common sense, and simply understand that he is not her husband?

Minister of Truth
08-16-2016, 08:42 AM
Jesus never went to a university where libertarians always revert to when expressing their theories.

I tended to find that libertarians were a rare breed at college. The difference between myself and the leftists was that I had bothered to familiarize myself with them, so that while everyone in the room would be freaking out at a libertarian proposition, I would just nod my head at the classmate, smile, and enjoy the chaos.

canceled.2021.2
08-16-2016, 08:53 AM

Its much like some...."claiming" to be one thing with their mouth (I am a libertarian..etc,)....and then their actions prove them to be something totally different. Take TRUMP....if he is a conservative....CLINTON does not allow her hubby to chase tail. But its the "R" that defines them...right...err...left comrade? Funny thing...I have never witnessed a Libertarian or a Liberal that was indeed a social communist. Proving what? Labels don't reveal much about a person....its not what they say...its what they do....the "ID" reveals everything. You can lie to others, you lie to yourself...but you can't lie to your ID.

Very well said

canceled.2021.2
08-16-2016, 08:55 AM
Right...Jesus cares about labels...and what OTHERS THINK. Sounds awful LIBERAL TO ME....doing something or saying something to be with the "in" crowd....Yep, Jesus hates dem evil Republicans. :) You know the best way to spot a liberal? They attempt to generate anger by projecting something that makes them angry or bigoted about. Take for instance the so called tolerant supporter of queerness....the first thing he/she does is call someone a queer because they are only pretending to be tolerant in order to seek the accolade of their cohorts. The proverbial kettle calling the pot black. Read the threads around here and judge just who the intolerant, hate filled bigots really are....the one's that say they are one thing and prove they are something else by their acts.

The first thing my pappy taught me....If you are going to a battle of wits, its best to bring a loaded gun, not an empty chamber. Then again....children are to be overlooked and not taken with any seriousness...I simply allow their imagination to run...its a joyful thing to watch children at play...pretending to be something...like smart...etc.,

BAZINGA

canceled.2021.2
08-16-2016, 08:56 AM
Liberals always make these false choices

1) Jesus believed in compassion and helping the poor
2) the government is the ONLY way to do that.
3) if you disagree with #2 then you aren't a Christian.

It is a logical fallacy but the liberals like it

Bill
08-16-2016, 10:28 AM
I have heard lots of libs & whatever's, never heard any say gubment is the only way-EVER!!

iolo
08-16-2016, 10:38 AM
Liberals always make these false choices

1) Jesus believed in compassion and helping the poor
2) the government is the ONLY way to do that.
3) if you disagree with #2 then you aren't a Christian.

It is a logical fallacy but the liberals like it

What fascists mean by 'liberals' has long been a mystery to me. The point they always hide is that collective action is the only effective way to help those they've robbed - everything else is just conscience-money from the thieves, and the poor they will have always with them - or else!

philly rabbit
08-16-2016, 01:43 PM
Why do you wonder? Aren't you smart enough to apply some common sense, and simply understand that he is not her husband?

No because when he wears his football shirt, he looks like an older version of you.

midcan5
08-18-2016, 10:24 AM
The Jesus in the New Testament is miles aways from libertarianism. Libertarianism only exists among the spoiled, mostly white, children in America. Only they can be so spoiled that a slogan stands in for a worldview and philosophy. Having been on JPP as long as I have, below are links on Libertarian silliness. Enjoy. Oh a more recent quote from Harper's.

And for Threedee (Establishment today), there may even be a Nutshell in there, he likes them so much.

"If you boil the strange soup of contemporary right-wing ideology down to a sort of bouillon cube, you find the idea that things are not connected to other things, that people are not connected to other people, and that they are all better off unconnected. The core values are individual freedom and individual responsibility: yourself for yourself on your own. Out of this Glorious Disconnect comes all sorts of illogical thinking. Taken to its conclusion, this worldview dictates that even facts are freestanding items that the self-made man can manufacture for use as he sees fit.

This is the modern ideology we still call conservative, though it is really a sort of loopy libertarianism that inverts some of the milder propositions of earlier conservative thinkers. “There is no such thing as society,” Margaret Thatcher said in 1987. The rest of her famous remark is less frequently quoted:

'There is [a] living tapestry of men and women and people and the beauty of that tapestry and the quality of our lives will depend upon how much each of us is prepared to take responsibility for ourselves and each of us prepared to turn round and help by our own efforts those who are unfortunate.'" 'The Ideology of Isolation' Rebecca Solnit in July Harper's Magazine

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?35631-Libertarian-Flame&highlight=libertarian

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?21258-Ayn-Rand-and-the-Invincible-Cult-of-Selfishness-on-the-American-Right&highlight=nutshell

PS it looks like a few of my posts are missing, I'll check back when I get a minute. Two above are still available. There was database trouble a while back.

"Libertarian solutions favored by the political right have contributed even more directly to the erosion of social responsibilities and valued forms of communal life, particularly in the UK and the US. Far from producing beneficial communal consequences, the invisible hand of unregulated free-market capitalism undermines the family (e.g., few corporations provide enough leave to parents of newborn children), disrupts local communities (e.g., following plant closings or the shifting of corporate headquarters), and corrupts the political process (e.g., US politicians are often dependent on economic interest groups for their political survival, with the consequence that they no longer represent the community at large). Moreover, the valorization of greed in the Thatcher/Reagan era justified the extension of instrumental considerations governing relationships in the marketplace into spheres previously informed by a sense of uncalculated reciprocity and civil obligation. This trend has been reinforced by increasing globalization, which pressures states into conforming to the dictates of the international marketplace." Daniel Bell in http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/communitarianism/

Phantasmal
08-18-2016, 10:26 AM

You are a real dumbass.

philly rabbit
08-18-2016, 01:27 PM
You are a real dumbass.

You're a white man hating queer woman who wants to be a man. And you'll settle for any race too .. including white.