PDA

View Full Version : Malawi is a mostly Christian nation

Legion Troll
07-27-2016, 04:13 PM
In some remote southern regions of Malawi, it's traditional for girls to be made to have sex with a paid sex worker known as a "hyena" once they reach puberty. The act is not seen by village elders as rape, but as a form of ritual "cleansing".

Eric Aniva is by all accounts the pre-eminent "hyena" in this village. It's a traditional title given to a man hired by communities in several remote parts of southern Malawi to provide what's called sexual "cleansing". If a man dies, for example, his wife is required by tradition to sleep with Aniva before she can bury him.

And most shockingly, girls, after their first menstruation, are made to have sex over a three-day period, to mark their passage from childhood to womanhood. If the girls refuse, it's believed, disease or some fatal misfortune could befall their families or the village as a whole.

"Most of those I have slept with are girls, school-going girls," Aniva says.

"Some girls are just 12 or 13 years old. All these girls find pleasure in having me as their hyena. They actually are proud and tell other people that this man is a real man, he knows how to please a woman."

Efforts to change this sexualization of children have been stubbornly resisted in remote southern areas, despite more than a century of Christianity.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-36843769

christiefan915
08-05-2016, 07:01 PM
I bet the men just hate this job, too. Poor suckers. :D

Legion Troll
08-05-2016, 07:09 PM
I bet the men just hate this job, too. Poor suckers. :D

Eric was arrested. Turns out he was HIV-positive, and forgot to mention it to his clients. What a Christian thing to do.

christiefan915
08-05-2016, 07:21 PM
Eric was arrested. Turns out he was HIV-positive, and forgot to mention it to his clients. What a Christian thing to do.

This is what happens when you put M E N in charge.

Legion Troll
08-05-2016, 07:25 PM
This is what happens when you put M E N in charge.

Especially Christian M E N.