PDA

View Full Version : Cypriss PROVEN Liar - Senate Voting Records Reveal GOP has MORE Moderates

TheDanold
09-01-2006, 07:35 AM
Cypriss lies and claims that the GOP is purging itself of moderates, far from that being true, the GOP even has a very Liberal senator

Going over the voting records for 2005 in the senate, we find that those who are moderate (ie: voted somewhere between 30-70% for either Liberal side or Conservative)
and we have:
3 Dems (Landrieu, Salazar and Nelson (Nebraska))
7 Republicans (DeWine, Collins, Snowe, Specter, Smith, Voinovich, Coleman)
Plus Republican Lincoln Chafee who only voted a measly 12% on the Conservative side, making him very Liberal:
http://www.acuratings.org/2005Senate.htm

Far from being far right, the GOP has more than twice the moderation of the Democrat party.
Cypriss caught lying again, facts will kill him time and again.

This also highlights the real problem of why we don't see much Conservatism (as cypriss well knows) coming out of congress - because we have moderate to Liberalish GOP reps voting with Dems.
Don't assume that Republican = Conservative, though usually it does, we need more CONSERVATIVE Republicans if we ever want to see spending go down.

maineman
09-01-2006, 07:43 AM
and they are PURGING themselves of the moderates.... they mounted a primary campaign against Specter and they are mounting one against Chafee... are you really that stupid or is this all an act?

TheDanold
09-01-2006, 07:52 AM
and they are PURGING themselves of the moderates.... they mounted a primary campaign against Specter and they are mounting one against Chafee... are you really that stupid or is this all an act?

Moron, purging doesn't mean that you give competition in a primary you dumb fuck. Should I accuse you of purging yourself of moderates because Lieberman got beat out in the primary from a further left wing guy?
Purging means getting them out of the party.

Personally I question the value of Liberalish GOP reps because they vote with Dems for more spending and then it's the "majority" Republicans who get the blame. Fucking dishonesty to the core.

uscitizen
09-01-2006, 08:17 AM
Perhaps the voting records is why some of the moderate Republicans are falling from favor within the controlling elements of the party.
Voting records are history Dano, purging the moderates is future actions Dano, You cannot understand the difference ?

Blackflag
09-01-2006, 09:48 AM
and then it's the "majority" Republicans who get the blame. Fucking dishonesty to the core.

Well dude you are the idiots that voted them in office..who else would be to blame?

Blackflag
09-01-2006, 09:51 AM
You vote in idiots that are left to moderate on the economics and people that are hard right fascist censoring idiots on social policy and you wonder why capitalist freedom loving individuals like myself constantly laugh at you.

"you" refers to republicans not just you specifically.

Gaffer
09-01-2006, 10:30 AM
The biggest problem is our two party system and being forced to vote for the lesser of two evils. dewine for example is a rino. I don't want him representing me. However the lib that's running against him is ten times worse. My other choices are independent and not vote. The independents are unknown cause they don't get the coverage of the major parties.

So the choice becomes let the flaming lib get in and totally ruin the economy and ruin the military or vote in the rino cause he'll ruin it more slowly.

In voinovich's case your voting for a lib period. No choice there at all.

uscitizen
09-01-2006, 10:40 AM
Gaffer the Repubs have had their chance and royally screwed things up.

maineman
09-01-2006, 10:40 AM
Moron, purging doesn't mean that you give competition in a primary you dumb fuck. Should I accuse you of purging yourself of moderates because Lieberman got beat out in the primary from a further left wing guy?
Purging means getting them out of the party.

Personally I question the value of Liberalish GOP reps because they vote with Dems for more spending and then it's the "majority" Republicans who get the blame. Fucking dishonesty to the core.

no...purging means to get them off the ballot and out of office. Nobody forces anyone OUT of a political party in America.... if that were the case, Zell Miller would have been PURGED from the democratic party years ago.

The GOP establishment has SUPPORTED the primary opponents of sitting moderate republican US senators - MORON - and that is as close to PURGING as we allow in AMerica.

And you can accuse the democrats in Connecticut of voting against a guy who was diametrically opposed to them on their single biggest issue. I could give a fuck how moderate Joe Lieberman is on anything...he is FOR the war in Iraq and he has fully supported Bush in that war and the democrats in his home state made him pay for that.... with ZERO help from the democratic party establishment.

Chafee is being challenged by republicans with party support and approval. See the difference?...that's what's called a "purge" here in American politics. It is entirely different than a purge in other, less hospitable countries.

moron

TheDanold
09-01-2006, 03:13 PM
no...purging means to get them off the ballot and out of office. Nobody forces anyone OUT of a political party in America.... if that were the case, Zell Miller would have been PURGED from the democratic party years ago.

The GOP establishment has SUPPORTED the primary opponents of sitting moderate republican US senators - MORON - and that is as close to PURGING as we allow in AMerica.

And you can accuse the democrats in Connecticut of voting against a guy who was diametrically opposed to them on their single biggest issue. I could give a fuck how moderate Joe Lieberman is on anything...he is FOR the war in Iraq and he has fully supported Bush in that war and the democrats in his home state made him pay for that.... with ZERO help from the democratic party establishment.

Chafee is being challenged by republicans with party support and approval. See the difference?...that's what's called a "purge" here in American politics. It is entirely different than a purge in other, less hospitable countries.

moron

HAHAHAHAHAHA, Oh please. Comparing party hostility to Lieberman versus Chafee is a joke. It dominated the news with millions of Dems going against him trying to defeat him. Whereas you have at most a little bit of grumbling towards Chafee from Repubs.
What a spinned up world you live in...

maineman
09-01-2006, 04:00 PM
dominated the news.... hmmm... same deal.... an unknown novice running a primary battle against an incumbent for being on the wrong side of major issues...I wonder why, when democrats do it, it is somehow big news, but when republicans do the exact same thing, it is no big deal? That seems somewhat hypocritical to me, dano...

but then, hypocrisy and righteous indignation were always your stock in trade.

maineman
09-01-2006, 04:02 PM
http://politicalwire.com/archives/2006/08/31/in_rhode_island_poll_shows_chafee_headed_for_defea t.html

that poll shows Chafee behind his primary opponent 51-34.

"at most, a little bit of grumbling"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

what a moron

FUCK THE POLICE
09-02-2006, 01:36 PM
The Democrat's already had their purging of most Southern conservatives (only one of whom then became a Republican, Strom Thurmond).

maineman
09-02-2006, 02:22 PM
only one? Are you suggesting that of all the southern democrats in congress prior to the passage of the civil rights act, only ONE switched parties?

Annie
09-02-2006, 04:50 PM
Gaffer the Repubs have had their chance and royally screwed things up.

So you are assuming, based on your conclusion, that they will step aside and let the children rule again?

OrnotBitwise
09-02-2006, 05:04 PM
So you are assuming, based on your conclusion, that they will step aside and let the children rule again?
Better children than moral cripples and psychotics. ;)

They aren't going to step aside. We'll have to kick them to the curb. Any gratuitous head stomping and genital kicking, while understandable, will be severely reprimanded.

FUCK THE POLICE
09-02-2006, 05:23 PM
only one? Are you suggesting that of all the southern democrats in congress prior to the passage of the civil rights act, only ONE switched parties?

Only one senator.

I know that Trent Lott changed parties - but this was in the 80's, and he was a representative then anyway.

Annie
09-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Better children than moral cripples and psychotics. ;)

They aren't going to step aside. We'll have to kick them to the curb. Any gratuitous head stomping and genital kicking, while understandable, will be severely reprimanded.

Your post says it all. The reason that the DNC will not take over.

OrnotBitwise
09-02-2006, 05:51 PM
Your post says it all. The reason that the DNC will not take over.
First, I'm not talking about Democrats. Not being a Democrat myself, this should be obvious. Please pay closer attention. I'm talking about the centrists, liberals and lefties alike who've been shat out by the Republican Party. That Grandiose Old Party that's swung so dangerously out of the mainstream that we're all being smacked in the face by willow limbs daily.

The Repugnants have screwed up, big time. The truly amazing thing is that they seem to believe that, if they just stay the course and continue to do the same things over and over long enough, it will somehow all work out. An extremely wise man once pointed out that this is the most pracitical definition of insanity.

One caveat is necessary at this juncture. The Dimocrats for the most part seem too spineless and parochial to take advantage of the Repugnant meltdown. It's like watching Laurel and Hardy try to outmaneuver one another.

Second, if you're concerned about my somewhat hyperbolic allusions to payback . . . give me a freakin' break. The (modern) Republican Party exists entirely on onanistic retribution, blatant Machiavellian ruthlessness and the good ol' quid pro quo.

:BKick:

maineman
09-02-2006, 05:53 PM
well said, ornot...well said

FUCK THE POLICE
09-02-2006, 06:32 PM
The Republican party used to be a nice union of progressives and small-government conservatives. Now it's entirely dominated by idiotic southerners and the theocratic right. It's really a sad state of affairs. They sold their soul to get the southern and business vote and now the theocratic right runs everything.

Damocles
09-02-2006, 06:34 PM
That is always unfortunate... I have said for long years that the Religious Right is the only thing limiting the Republican Party... I'll stick by that.

FUCK THE POLICE
09-02-2006, 06:39 PM
The southern vote has always been extremely regional and basically controls any party that it's part of. I say just throw all of the southerners who want a "southern" party their own party, and let more rational southerners survive with PR and the northern vote.

Annie
09-02-2006, 07:16 PM
That is always unfortunate... I have said for long years that the Religious Right is the only thing limiting the Republican Party... I'll stick by that.

Interesting no, that these guys are throwing me in there. :eek: You know which makes me more angry, evangelicals or dems. :clink:

OrnotBitwise
09-02-2006, 08:45 PM
Interesting no, that these guys are throwing me in there. :eek: You know which makes me more angry, evangelicals or dems. :clink:
Lie down with dogs, get up with fleas. The only good Republican these days is an Independent.

:burn:

Annie
09-03-2006, 11:14 AM
Lie down with dogs, get up with fleas. The only good Republican these days is an Independent.

:burn:

Whatever, you only show your ignorance categorizing those you do not know. Damo knows me, that is why your response is humorous. Thanks. :clink:

OrnotBitwise
09-03-2006, 01:50 PM
Whatever, you only show your ignorance categorizing those you do not know. Damo knows me, that is why your response is humorous. Thanks. :clink:
I don't assume that you're a Republican. You have, however, consistently defended some of the dumbest and most outrageous policies prevelent in that party.

Annie
09-03-2006, 01:53 PM
I don't assume that you're a Republican. You have, however, consistently defended some of the dumbest and most outrageous policies prevelent in that party.

It may be because of the company. In any case, carry on.

maineman
09-05-2006, 07:26 PM
true to form...when dano gets his ass handed to him on any thread, he simply refuses to ever revisit it.

fuckin' pussy

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2006/08/31/in_rhode_island_poll_shows_chafee_headed_for_defea t.html

that poll shows Chafee behind his primary opponent 51-34.

"at most, a little bit of grumbling"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

what a moron

Annie
09-05-2006, 08:05 PM
true to form...when dano gets his ass handed to him on any thread, he simply refuses to ever revisit it.

fuckin' pussy

Seems the GOP can eat their own also. More deserving tartar would be hard to find.

maineman
09-11-2006, 06:12 AM

fuckin' pussy

bump! ;)

uscitizen
09-11-2006, 07:26 AM

Actually I think it is time for the children to go inside and take a nap :)