PDA

View Full Version : The Wicker Man

AnyOldIron
09-01-2006, 06:28 AM
Anyone seen the new remake of The Wicker Man with Nicholas Cage? You usually get movies before us so was wondering if it was any good? The original with Edward Woodward and Britt Ekland was fantastic and I am hoping Hollywood haven't killed it with the remake?

charver
09-01-2006, 07:21 AM
Mmm..apparently they've moved the action to California and got rid of all the pagan stuff.

So that's the whole point of the film gone then.

Besides, it'll never surpass the Hollywood remakes of 'The Italian Job' or 'Get Carter'.

Some promising news is that Peter Jackson is to remake 'The Dambusters', minus 'Nigger' the dog though; now renamed 'Trigger' after the Only Fools and Horses character.

AnyOldIron
09-01-2006, 07:31 AM
They should have a listings scheme for great movies.

If a movie is listed Hollywood should keep its tacky fingers off it....

uscitizen
09-01-2006, 07:32 AM
I dunno Anyold, don't watch Cage movies much. Was not even aware that one existed. Maybe it bombed over here is why they are trying it over there ?

AnyOldIron
09-01-2006, 07:45 AM
dunno Anyold, don't watch Cage movies much. Was not even aware that one existed. Maybe it bombed over here is why they are trying it over there ?

Probably.... You should see the original though...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wicker_Man_%281973_film%29

OrnotBitwise
09-01-2006, 09:28 AM
I refuse to watch it. I loved the original and I find the very notion of a remake revolting. This, despite the fact that I tend to like Cage's work.
:vik: