PDA

View Full Version : The Carnies

Beefy
08-31-2006, 07:07 PM
The Carnival folk do this every year. I'm selling spas at the Evergreen State Fair, and we've got some cool shit. We always run one of the spas to demo for the folk that meander through.

Every year, after the fair closes down, at least one night, the carnies have a little hot tub party in that spa and foul it beyond belief. It's actually happened twice this year. We know they've used it because the water is foul. I mean fucking SICK, and there's puddles all around the spa. This year, we opened the cover, and the water looked like someone had poured a gallon of hot chocolate in the spa. It was covered in a thick, yellow foam that smelled like morning breath after a rough night of drinking and cottonmouth.

Anyhow, I'll check back with you fellah's later. So far the sales are good. Adios.

evince
08-31-2006, 07:13 PM
I didnt know Beefy was mbl

Cancel7
08-31-2006, 07:16 PM
Gee, thanks for that bed time story. I mean, I would have really hated to go to bed without this smellavisual on my mind.

Don't forgot to give us another one tomorrow night!

;)

LadyT
09-01-2006, 06:27 AM
eeewwwwww

uscitizen
09-01-2006, 06:27 AM
Just move down around Gibson FL and you can spend the winter with the carnies beefy :)

charver
09-01-2006, 07:24 AM
If they're going to use your stuff, are you not allowed to use theirs?

Why not demand a quick go on the bearded lady or something?

Damocles
09-01-2006, 07:58 AM
So what did it taste like?

Gaffer
09-01-2006, 08:18 AM
They only bath once a year, what do you expect the water to look like.

AnyOldIron
09-01-2006, 09:03 AM
I'm selling spas at the Evergreen State Fair

Someone else on FP used to sell spa-baths.

Did you once have a different name Beefy?

AnyOldIron
09-01-2006, 09:04 AM
I didnt know Beefy was mbl

Oooohhhh... That explains it...

uscitizen
09-01-2006, 09:17 AM
Yeah I believe he used to go by beefyguy as well.

OrnotBitwise
09-01-2006, 09:23 AM
Many years ago, I used to manage a small resort in Calistoga. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Well, we all make mistakes.

Anyway, the owners had one hard and fast rule. Actually, they had many, but only one is currently relevant: never rent to carnies under pain of being fired. I'd always thought this was a ridiculously prejudiced and arbitrary rule . . . until the day one of my staff broke it. It took us two days to clean out the room, I shit you not. I didn't know that many beer cans could fit into one room. And whatever the toxic substances on the sheets and towels were, we couldn't clean it off. Literally. We had to trash them all. It was probably the same stuff Beefy found in the spa. Bleah!

AnyOldIron
09-01-2006, 09:32 AM
We don't call them carnies.

They are gypsies, gypos or pikeys...

Anyone ever see the film Snatch, with Brad Pitt?

Gaffer
09-01-2006, 11:06 AM
We have carnies and gypsies here. The carnies work in the carnivals that travel around the country in the summer setting up for fairs and church festivals etc. They are usually low life with criminal background that can't get jobs anywhere making any good money and the carnivals are a quick way of making a lot of fast cash. The stay in florida in the winter.

The gypsies also stay in florida in the winter and come out in caravans in the summer to scam and steal. every spring the law enforcement agencies would get notices it gypsy season.

toby
09-01-2006, 12:29 PM
Kinda racist comments here about this minority! Where is the ACLU?