PDA

View Full Version : Why do we trust the church?

Cancel 2020.1
05-05-2016, 01:50 PM
So, I just watched "Spotlight," which was an outstanding flick. And it got me thinking: after something like that, which was so widespread & went on for decades...why does anyone trust the church? Why do we consider the church to have moral authority?

And then you take it back further - the the medieval church. An absolute bastion of corruption and amorality. Why do we trust that those same people faithfully translated the Bible, with no other agenda? It's inconsistent with everything we know about that church, and the church today, and human behavior in general.

Legion Troll
05-05-2016, 02:12 PM
I don't trust the church.

I don't trust any religion.

Leonthecat
05-05-2016, 02:39 PM

They are untrustworthy.The only thing they can be trusted to do is lie.

Legion Troll
05-05-2016, 04:14 PM
They are untrustworthy.The only thing they can be trusted to do is lie.

They can be trusted to receive tax-free donations on which they are not taxed, Brother Leon.

Leonthecat
05-05-2016, 04:17 PM
They can be trusted to receive tax-free donations on which they are not taxed, Brother Leon.

They are glad to take poor people's money and give back nothing.

CFM
05-05-2016, 05:44 PM
So, I just watched "Spotlight," which was an outstanding flick. And it got me thinking: after something like that, which was so widespread & went on for decades...why does anyone trust the church? Why do we consider the church to have moral authority?

And then you take it back further - the the medieval church. An absolute bastion of corruption and amorality. Why do we trust that those same people faithfully translated the Bible, with no other agenda? It's inconsistent with everything we know about that church, and the church today, and human behavior in general.

So you watched a movie and base your entire view on it?

CFM
05-05-2016, 05:45 PM

Good. Less of your kind in Heaven.

CFM
05-05-2016, 05:45 PM

The church takes money? Prove it.

Legion Troll
05-05-2016, 06:23 PM

The pastors often provide loving affection to the children of the congregation, don't they?

Phantasmal
05-05-2016, 07:12 PM

I think it is because the way we are conditioned to pray, pay and obey. Most local churches were not affected by the scandal, so people don't truly think about what doesn't happen to them personally.

Here in Anchorage a very popular high school principal took his life after he came forward with his story. It had a deep impact on our community, so it became a little more concrete for us. The local parish also suffered financially because of it as well.

Granule
05-05-2016, 11:05 PM

And then you take it back further - the the medieval church. An absolute bastion of corruption and amorality. Why do we trust that those same people faithfully translated the Bible, with no other agenda? It's inconsistent with everything we know about that church, and the church today, and human behavior in general. I trust God.

Leonthecat
05-05-2016, 11:11 PM
Te funniest thing in this thread is that Granny and CFM actually think they are Christians.

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/shrinknp_800_800/AAEAAQAAAAAAAAPmAAAAJGQ2OGU0ODJkLWZmNjMtNDI4Ny04Nz diLTAyMDgxZGViYzYwOA.jpg

Granule
05-05-2016, 11:18 PM
Te funniest thing in this thread is that Granny and CFM actually think they are Christians.

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/shrinknp_800_800/AAEAAQAAAAAAAAPmAAAAJGQ2OGU0ODJkLWZmNjMtNDI4Ny04Nz diLTAyMDgxZGViYzYwOA.jpg pc degenerates pointing and laughing. What a bunch of dumbfucks... lol

Leonthecat
05-05-2016, 11:20 PM
The pastors often provide loving affection to the children of the congregation, don't they?

The shepherds love their flock.

http://www.huge-entity.com/blogger3/thy-rod-and-staff.gif

http://www.abundantlifectr.com/hp_wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Your-Rod-and-Your-Staff-they-comfort-me.jpg

Leonthecat
05-05-2016, 11:22 PM
pc degenerates pointing and laughing. What a bunch of dumbfucks... lol

They laugh at you every day Granny.

Granule
05-05-2016, 11:22 PM
Let's see: you've got a negro, a chick and a tool (who's probably gay).

Yup, the above photo is democrat party approved. ;)

Leonthecat
05-05-2016, 11:24 PM
Let's see: you've got a negro, a chick and a tool (who's probably gay).

Yup, the above photo is democrat party approved. ;)

You make them all laugh, Granny, when you claim to be a Christian.

Granule
05-05-2016, 11:26 PM
The shepherds love their flock. The Bible is not a homosexual romance novel, Peeon.

Granule
05-05-2016, 11:30 PM
They laugh at you every day Granny. Only because they're crying inside. Unrepentant sinners have little to laugh about....

Granule
05-05-2016, 11:32 PM
You make them all laugh, Granny, when you claim to be a Christian. None of them have a life. Just like you, underpants.

Leonthecat
05-05-2016, 11:33 PM
Only because they're crying inside. Unrepentant sinners have little to laugh about....

You so funny, Granny!

Granule
05-05-2016, 11:42 PM
You so funny, Granny! it's funny because it's troo! ;)

Leonthecat
05-05-2016, 11:54 PM
it's funny because it's troo! ;)

You're funny because you think you will live forever.

Leonthecat
05-06-2016, 12:03 AM
The Bible is not a homosexual romance novel, Peeon.

Many Catholic priests may differ with you on that opinion, Granny.

Granule
05-06-2016, 12:03 AM
You're funny because you think you will live forever. You're even funnier because you think you won't.

Granule
05-06-2016, 12:05 AM
Many Catholic priests may differ with you on that opinion, Granny. Many Catholic priests are not very close to God either, Peeon.

Cancel 2020.1
05-06-2016, 08:45 AM
I trust God.

Which is cool; in my own way, I do too.

But what do you trust in terms of what we're presented with as far as defining God and morality? Do you trust the Bible?

PostmodernProphet
05-06-2016, 08:53 AM

which "church"?......

Cancel 2020.1
05-06-2016, 08:57 AM
which "church"?......

Well, with the Bible, specifically THE church.

I obviously understand that the modern-day scandal was limited to the Catholic church. But it still speaks to the flawed human nature & perception of any church, imo.

Legion Troll
05-06-2016, 08:59 AM
No True Scotsman is always handy.

Cancel 2020.1
05-06-2016, 09:33 AM
I think it is because the way we are conditioned to pray, pay and obey. Most local churches were not affected by the scandal, so people don't truly think about what doesn't happen to them personally.

Here in Anchorage a very popular high school principal took his life after he came forward with his story. It had a deep impact on our community, so it became a little more concrete for us. The local parish also suffered financially because of it as well.

I guess that's true to an extent. If it isn't close to home, it just seems like it's "out there" somewhere. But there is more to it. Even in Boston where they uncovered this, families knew, and it didn't seem to affect their loyalty to their church.

I think so much of it has to do with the idea that religion is built around the concept of faith, and not questioning anything. I never really got that. God gave us the ability to reason; we're supposed to question things.

Ralph
05-06-2016, 09:45 AM

Tis the problem...."some" can't seem to tell the difference between "people" and the actual content of the Word of God that is the root of Christian Doctrine. People are imperfect.....the Word of God is not. The "true" church as defined in the Word of God looks nothing like the "church" you described that is based upon man made doctrine....not the actual content of the Holy Scriptures.

Follow the doctrine as revealed in scripture...and you will find the one and only Church that was constructed upon the sacrifice of Christ Jesus. The rest are impostors.

And just how is anyone that is "ignorant" concerning the actual content of the revealed word....to make an intellectually honest "judgment"? You want to know and comprehend the message presented by the one and only church that is authorized by Jesus, Study....the actual word that you are so quick to judge based upon the examples of MEN.

Why so quick to judge in ignorance? Study...."Be diligent to present yourself approved of God, a worker who need not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." -- 2 Tim. 2:15. Why study the word? Look at the actual content of the Holy Scriptures, "....shun profane and idle babblings....for they will increase to more ungodliness." -- 2 Tim. 2:16

What's in the word, why is it so important? Because no other doctrine is to be taught or adhered (1 Tim. 1:3)

Any "honest" person can open THE BOOK and reach the conclusion....its not the Church that is at fault...its the MEN that teach a false message that is to blame.

Again...THE WORD OF GOD..i.e, the Holy Scriptures are the source of Christian Doctrine, "Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. Its simple, "Whoever transgresses the Doctrine of Christ (with its only source being the revelations found in scripture).....DOES NOT HAVE GOD.....he who abides therein has both the Father and the Son." -- 2 John 9.

The church has several tools to teach righteous doctrine. Teaching what is wrong as defined in the word of God. Teaching what is righteous '''''''''''''''. teaching HOW TO BECOME RIGHT. teaching how to stay right. Reprove or show what is right or wrong as found in scripture (the word of God). REBUKE (or WARN) when confronted with errant teachings. EXHORT (phrase or give comfort when confronted with righteousness).

Where are these teachings to be found? In the Word of God, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for DOCTRINE, for REPROOF, for CORRECTION, for instruction in righteousness." -- 2 Tim. 3:16

Those....Crusades and Inquisitions? Doctrine of men....not scripture. In fact the Catholic Church of Rome made it illegal for any lay person to be found in possession of the Holy Bible...they (the head of the Church) were the only ones authorized to reveal the content of the Holy Scripture....IN LATIN. The Church of Rome used religion to build upon the Roman Empire. It could not defeat Christianity so it attempted to use it for its own ends.

It was not until the advent of the printing press and the King James translation that LAY PEOPLE became aware of the actual content of the Holy Scriptures...and the result? A protest (a protestant movement)...in going back to the original message and content of the Word of God...ending with an exodus of many people from Europe to the New World to be free from STATE RUN CHURCHES....finally ending in the construction of the United States of America.

Anyone.....show us the Book, Chapter and Verse in the New Testament Covenant of Christ Jesus where anyone is to be converted at the point of a sword (..i.e, forced conversion). The truth as taught in scripture reveals the fact that Christians are engaged in a Spiritual warfare in a quest for the souls of men to be rewarded AFTER DEATH. False religions teach that World Conquest must be literal or physical in nature....even to the point of threatening LIFE ITSELF with conversion or death.

True Christians know the truth. No one man is better than the next in this physical world...God plays no favorites....The Christian reward comes at death in having an eternal relationship with God. In the meanwhile....Christians face the same life challenges as do all men, love, hate, injury, illness, accidental deaths, premature deaths, etc., We are promised nothing extra in this physical world....we are required only to treat others as we would have them treat us.....and to have NO OTHER GODS...along this race to the end known as LIFE...then after the race....the reward.

Legion Troll
05-06-2016, 09:55 AM
Wait, are you claiming that the Bible was written by some invisible being, instead of M E N? :rofl2:

Cancel 2020.1
05-06-2016, 10:05 AM
Tis the problem...."some" can't seem to tell the difference between "people" and the actual content of the Word of God that is the root of Christian Doctrine. People are imperfect.....the Word of God is not. The "true" church as defined in the Word of God looks nothing like the "church" you described that is based upon man made doctrine....not the actual content of the Holy Scriptures.

Follow the doctrine as revealed in scripture...and you will find the one and only Church that was constructed upon the sacrifice of Christ Jesus. The rest are impostors.

And just how is anyone that is "ignorant" concerning the actual content of the revealed word....make an intellectually honest "judgment"?

The Bible was written by men, though - and translated by them. I don't think you can really separate the two.

christiefan915
05-06-2016, 11:26 AM
I trust God.

I doubt it. God's been telling you to nix the racist comments and you haven't complied.

Phantasmal
05-06-2016, 11:27 AM

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/shrinknp_800_800/AAEAAQAAAAAAAAPmAAAAJGQ2OGU0ODJkLWZmNjMtNDI4Ny04Nz diLTAyMDgxZGViYzYwOA.jpg

It is hilarious!

Phantasmal
05-06-2016, 11:28 AM
The Bible is not a homosexual romance novel, Peeon.

It has more homosexual romance in it than you would ever admit, lol

Legion Troll
05-06-2016, 11:33 AM
It has more homosexual romance in it than you would ever admit, lol

It does command M E N to kneel and eat the body of another male, and swallow his bodily fluids.

Lumberjack
05-06-2016, 12:41 PM

Another Legion Troll lie, proving once again how dumb you are.

Church's give nothing back? That is such a bald face lie.

Why do you care if people, poor or rich, give money to a church? You don't care if the government takes money from the poor.

PostmodernProphet
05-06-2016, 01:09 PM
Well, with the Bible, specifically THE church.

I obviously understand that the modern-day scandal was limited to the Catholic church. But it still speaks to the flawed human nature & perception of any church, imo.

/shrugs....none of my business then, I'm protestant.......

PostmodernProphet
05-06-2016, 01:11 PM
But it still speaks to the flawed human nature & perception of any church, imo.

and the Boy Scouts, public school teachers, coaches, and DNC in similar percentages......

Legion Troll
05-06-2016, 01:25 PM
and the Boy Scouts, public school teachers, coaches, and DNC in similar percentages......

Many of the molesters in those organizations are associated with churches, aren't they?

And why did you leave out the GOP?

PostmodernProphet
05-06-2016, 01:28 PM
Many of the molesters in those organizations are associated with churches, aren't they?

feel free to document your claims.....

Legion Troll
05-06-2016, 01:41 PM
feel free to document your claims.....

OK. Get started with these. Let me know if you need more.

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/in-boy-scout-sex-abuse-case-small-town-secrets-rev/nqnpm/

https://baptistnews.com/2016/03/22/lawsuit-names-baptist-church-in-30-year-old-abuse-case/

http://www.wehealnow.com/lds-bsa-linked-to-abuses/

PostmodernProphet
05-06-2016, 01:43 PM
OK. Get started with these. Let me know if you need more.

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/in-boy-scout-sex-abuse-case-small-town-secrets-rev/nqnpm/

https://baptistnews.com/2016/03/22/lawsuit-names-baptist-church-in-30-year-old-abuse-case/

http://www.wehealnow.com/lds-bsa-linked-to-abuses/

let me know when you've found 357......

CFM
05-06-2016, 01:43 PM
I doubt it. God's been telling you to nix the racist comments and you haven't complied.

God's been telling you to stop being the neighborhood "doorknob" and you haven't complied.

CFM
05-06-2016, 01:44 PM

And why did you leave out the GOP?

When you post things on the thread "Trump's America", why do you leave on blacks, Spics, ragheads, and anyone but whites?

Cancel 2020.1
05-06-2016, 01:45 PM
/shrugs....none of my business then, I'm protestant.......

What were the origins of the Bible that the Protestant church uses?

Cancel 2020.1
05-06-2016, 01:46 PM

Yep. And?

Actually, I should amend that response. I don't think your "similar %'s" claim is correct.

Legion Troll
05-06-2016, 01:47 PM
let me know when you've found 357......

Not convinced yet?

https://www.google.com/search?site=webhp&source=hp&q=church+molestation+statistics&oq=church+moles&gs_l=hp.1.2.0l7.2759.15287.0.17436.23.17.5.1.1.0.2 40.2250.0j16j1.17.0....0...1c.1.64.hp..0.22.2068.0 ..0i131j0i155i3j0i3j0i155i3i46j46i155i3j0i131i46j4 6i131j0i22i30j0i22i10i30j0i10.PfQWG25BZm0

Legion Troll
05-06-2016, 01:48 PM
Yep. And?

And strangely, no mention of Republicans...

CFM
05-06-2016, 01:49 PM
And strangely, no mention of Republicans...

Strangely, the list of name you asked Leon to post on other threads contained no Democrats.

Phantasmal
05-06-2016, 01:50 PM
Another Legion Troll lie, proving once again how dumb you are.

Church's give nothing back? That is such a bald face lie.

Why do you care if people, poor or rich, give money to a church? You don't care if the government takes money from the poor.

I care because a very small portion is used to help the poor, especially the mega churches, it is obscene and very unJesus. I had a problem with it when I was active in the church. I saw a lot of money go to the support of the building and the administrators and very little was left for the ministry of the word.

Cancel 2020.1
05-06-2016, 01:56 PM
We've had quite a few responses here, but I haven't seen anything compelling in terms of why we trust the church today, and trust that the early church handed down the words of the Bible to us faithfully & without an agenda.

I just don't think it's possible that they did. I think there are a lot of great messages in the Bible, and there is a lot that it can contribute to our lives. But I think that we fall short as a reasoning species on questioning the Bible and its origins, and taking a hard, uncompromising look at our own faith. The best I've ever gotten on why people trust that the Bible is the word of God is that it says so.

CFM
05-06-2016, 01:58 PM
I care because a very small portion is used to help the poor, especially the mega churches, it is obscene and very unJesus. I had a problem with it when I was active in the church. I saw a lot of money go to the support of the building and the administrators and very little was left for the ministry of the word.

So you base what you believe on what you saw in one church?

You claim what the "church" does with the money given to it voluntarily by those doing the giving is used very little for the ministry of the Word. Why don't you tell me just how much of my church's budget goes to the building/administrators and just how much goes to ministry programs.

Legion Troll
05-06-2016, 01:59 PM
Why don't you tell me just how much of my church's budget goes to the building/administrators and just how much goes to ministry programs.

Why don't you - and post the proof?

CFM
05-06-2016, 02:04 PM
Why don't you - and post the proof?

Make me. I'll understand if you can't. When you can enforce that demand, do so.

Get it from Rana. She's already indicated that churches use the money given to them incorrectly. To make such a statement, she would have to already have those numbers.

Leonthecat
05-06-2016, 02:05 PM

Granny thinks he has an exemption.

christiefan915
05-06-2016, 02:11 PM
Granny thinks he has an exemption.

Don't they all! They claim they're just hating the "sin", not the "sinner."

CFM
05-06-2016, 02:14 PM

Wouldn't those claiming that know better about what they believe than you do?

Are you going to tell us you know more about a person than the person knows about him/herself?

Legion Troll
05-06-2016, 02:33 PM

When a church is caught doing the dirty, they say "not my church", don't they?

Legion Troll
05-06-2016, 02:37 PM
So you base what you believe on what you saw in one church? You claim what the "church" does with the money given to it voluntarily by those doing the giving is used very little for the ministry of the Word. Why don't you tell me just how much of my church's budget goes to the building/administrators and just how much goes to ministry programs.

Make her. I'll understand if you can't. When you can enforce that demand, do so.

Get it from Rana. She's already indicated that her church used the money given to them incorrectly.

But you pretended that she meant "all churches", and made a demand you can't enforce.

:rofl2:

CFM
05-06-2016, 02:37 PM
When a church is caught doing the dirty, they say "not my church", don't they?

If it's not mine, why wouldn't I say it's not mine?

When A church does something wrong, interesting how ALL churches are considered guilty by them. Sad how those who say all of (pick something/someone Liberals support) shouldn't be judged by what a few do yet do exactly that when it's something they oppose.

Legion Troll
05-06-2016, 02:39 PM
If it's not mine, why wouldn't I say it's not mine? When A church does something wrong, interesting how ALL churches are considered guilty by them. Sad how those who say all of (pick something/someone Liberals support) shouldn't be judged by what a few do yet do exactly that when it's something they oppose.

You judge all blacks and Muslims by the actions of some, don't you?

Don't lie.

Why do you cry about others doing the same thing you do?

Keep the tears coming.

CFM
05-06-2016, 02:40 PM
Make her. I'll understand if you can't. When you can enforce that demand, do so.

Get it from Rana. She's already indicated that her church used the money given to them incorrectly.

But you pretended that she meant "all churches", and made a demand you can't enforce.

:rofl2:

She specifically identified mega churches. Not my fault you don't understand.

Did they use it incorrectly or in a manner she didn't like? There is a difference.

Legion Troll
05-06-2016, 03:20 PM
She specifically identified mega churches.

So?

CFM
05-06-2016, 03:21 PM
You judge all blacks and Muslims by the actions of some, don't you?

Don't lie.

Why do you cry about others doing the same thing you do?

Keep the tears coming.

I do? I'll understand if you can't explain.

I judge you as a coward based on YOUR actions.

Keep the cowardice coming.

CFM
05-06-2016, 03:21 PM
So?

Is she a member of all of them or know specifics about all of them?

Legion Troll
05-06-2016, 03:25 PM
Is she a member of all of them or know specifics about all of them?

Does she need to be to know that some of them are scandal-plagued?

CFM
05-06-2016, 03:27 PM
Does she need to be to know that some of them are scandal-plagued?

She does if she's going to make specific claims. Either that or, as I asked, show proof of what she says they do.

Legion Troll
05-06-2016, 03:28 PM
She does if she's going to make specific claims. Either that or, as I asked, show proof of what she says they do.

Here's all the proof anyone needs:

https://www.google.com/search?site=webhp&source=hp&q=mega+church+scandals&oq=mega+church+scandals&gs_l=hp.1.0.0j0i22i10i30j0i22i30l5j0i22i10i30l2.22 43.11698.0.14926.21.15.0.3.3.0.542.2159.2j9j1j5-1.13.0....0...1c.1.64.hp..5.15.1643.0..46j0i131j46 i3j0i3i46j0i10j0i46.qkQQnLFPojw

CFM
05-06-2016, 03:30 PM
Here's all the proof anyone needs:

https://www.google.com/search?site=webhp&source=hp&q=mega+church+scandals&oq=mega+church+scandals&gs_l=hp.1.0.0j0i22i10i30j0i22i30l5j0i22i10i30l2.22 43.11698.0.14926.21.15.0.3.3.0.542.2159.2j9j1j5-1.13.0....0...1c.1.64.hp..5.15.1643.0..46j0i131j46 i3j0i3i46j0i10j0i46.qkQQnLFPojw

Funny how you claim I judge all of a group by a small percentage then hypocritically do just that.

Cry harder coward. It's all your good at.

Legion Troll
05-06-2016, 03:36 PM
It's all your good at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FdKPEA17m4

Leonthecat
05-06-2016, 03:49 PM
Funny how you claim I judge all of a group by a small percentage then hypocritically do just that.

Cry harder coward. It's all your good at.

Ignorant hillbilly swine.

PostmodernProphet
05-06-2016, 04:41 PM
What were the origins of the Bible that the Protestant church uses?

God.....

PostmodernProphet
05-06-2016, 04:43 PM

you should have chosen a better church.....they aren't that hard to find......

PostmodernProphet
05-06-2016, 04:44 PM
I just don't think it's possible that they did.

perhaps a better question is why should we trust you?......

But I think that we fall short as a reasoning species on questioning the Bible and its origins

I have to confess that I have noticed that about you......

PostmodernProphet
05-06-2016, 04:47 PM
But you pretended that she meant "all churches"

that was obvious from her posts.....

Cancel 2020.1
05-06-2016, 04:55 PM
God.....

Then who?

PostmodernProphet
05-06-2016, 04:57 PM
Then who?

depends on which book.......

Legion Troll
05-06-2016, 04:59 PM
you should have chosen a better church.....they aren't that hard to find......

Name one.

CFM
05-06-2016, 05:59 PM
Name one.

Whichever ones you wouldn't attend.

Legion Troll
05-06-2016, 06:07 PM
Whichever ones you wouldn't attend.

I wouldn't attend any church, so that's a long list.

If the police were trying to find a place where children are likely to be molested, they'd look for a church, though.

CFM
05-06-2016, 06:09 PM
I wouldn't attend any church, so that's a long list.

If the police were trying to find a place where children are likely to be molested, they'd look for a church, though.

That would make all of them a better church because you weren't there.

Legion Troll
05-06-2016, 06:12 PM
That would all of them a better church because you weren't there.

Incoherent much?

What does that even mean? :rofl2:

CFM
05-06-2016, 06:14 PM
Incoherent much?

You mean you don't know?

I'll understand if you don't.

Any church you don't attend is better for it. Since you don't attend any, all of them are better for it.

Legion Troll
05-06-2016, 06:17 PM
You mean you don't know? I'll understand if you don't. Any church you don't attend is better for it. Since you don't attend any, all of them are better for it.

You think I'd go to church? :dunno:

When the cops are looking for pervs, a church is a good place to start, judging by the evidence.

Here's the proof:

www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?66956-Pastors-in-the-news

CFM
05-06-2016, 06:24 PM

When the cops are looking for pervs, a church is a good place to start, judging by the evidence.

Here's the proof:

I'd think you'd burn if you got close to one. Get used to the heat.

I'd say they could look here at your and Leon's love posts to each other.

Legion Troll
05-06-2016, 06:28 PM
I'd think you'd burn if you got close to one. Get used to the heat. I'd say they could look here at your and Leon's love posts to each other.

I wouldn't count on it.

The parents of these kids might have trusted a church:

www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?64980-%86-Pastors-in-the-news

CFM
05-07-2016, 06:13 AM
I wouldn't count on it.

The parents of these kids might have trusted a church:

www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?64980-%86-Pastors-in-the-news

I don't count on burning for me. I have no doubt you will.

PostmodernProphet
05-07-2016, 06:15 AM
Name one.

the one I attend is fine......

PostmodernProphet
05-07-2016, 06:16 AM
Incoherent much?

?????.....you really didn't understand that?.....

PostmodernProphet
05-07-2016, 06:18 AM

Here's the proof:

trollop, fishing for Rule 12 violations......its how he rolls.....

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 08:35 AM

So you say.

Is the whole congregation as Christlike as you?

evince
05-07-2016, 09:58 AM

you are a horrible hate filled asshole

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 10:17 AM
?????.....you really didn't understand that?.....

Was he speaking in tongues?

evince
05-07-2016, 11:36 AM

this person is evil

not their religion

Cancel 2020.1
05-07-2016, 11:39 AM
One of my biggest issues w/ a lot of folks who call themselves Christians: they spend so much time casting judgment, and telling others they're going to burn in hell.

Look at the behavior & words of Jesus Christ in the Bible. When does he ever act or speak that way?

PostmodernProphet
05-07-2016, 12:12 PM
One of my biggest issues w/ a lot of folks who call themselves Christians: they spend so much time casting judgment, and telling others they're going to burn in hell.

yeah, I can see that Christians have a problem with that.....

you are a horrible hate filled asshole

this person is evil

PostmodernProphet
05-07-2016, 12:13 PM
When does he ever act or speak that way?

his prophets were known for it.......

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 12:16 PM

Are you one of them?

Cancel 2020.1
05-07-2016, 12:25 PM

Is it Christianity, or Paulianity?

And if your bar for Christian behavior is desh, I'd call that a little low.

PostmodernProphet
05-07-2016, 12:30 PM
Is it Christianity, or Paulianity?

in your opinion or Christianity's opinion......

PostmodernProphet
05-07-2016, 12:31 PM
And if your bar for Christian behavior is desh, I'd call that a little low.

just pointing out that the folks around here who caste judgment are usually the non-Christians......yourself included.....you've told me several times that I'm not a good Christian......to me that seems a bit judgmental......

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 12:34 PM
just pointing out that the folks around here who caste judgment are usually the non-Christians......yourself included.....you've told me several times that I'm not a good Christian......to me that seems a bit judgmental......

You seem confused, Pastor. I thought Hindus were obsessed with "caste".

Hitting the Jesus juice already?

PostmodernProphet
05-07-2016, 12:37 PM

as usual, when Trollop runs out of arguments he insults my religion......you could just wave a white flag, then it wouldn't be as obvious.....

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 12:54 PM
as usual, when Trollop runs out of arguments he insults my religion......you could just wave a white flag, then it wouldn't be as obvious.....

How did I insult your religion, Pastor?

I'll understand if you can't explain.

I forgive you. :)

CFM
05-07-2016, 01:35 PM
So you say.

If he attends it, wouldn't he know?

Norah
05-07-2016, 01:36 PM
When you say church do you mean a massive organized church like the Catholic Church, or LDS, and things like that or do you mean the church as in where you attend services every week?

I think that there should be trust of the church regardless of your denomination but if that trust is abused then steps should be taken to earn that trust back. I trust my church that I attend in my hometown where I grew up and also the church that I attend when I'm in school, including the services on campus. I've had no reason not to trust them. I won't speak on the Catholic Church and trust since i'm not Catholic.

CFM
05-07-2016, 01:39 PM

In the Hindu caste system, you'd be lucky to come up to the level of untouchable.

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 01:42 PM
When you say church do you mean a massive organized church like the Catholic Church, or LDS, and things like that or do you mean the church as in where you attend services every week? I think that there should be trust of the church regardless of your denomination but if that trust is abused then steps should be taken to earn that trust back. I trust my church that I attend in my hometown where I grew up and also the church that I attend when I'm in school, including the services on campus. I've had no reason not to trust them. I won't speak on the Catholic Church and trust since i'm not Catholic.

I keep seeing news reports about ministers molesting children, absconding with funds, etc.

Why do you suppose so many criminals are attracted to churches?

CFM
05-07-2016, 01:44 PM
I keep seeing news reports about ministers molesting children, absconding with funds, etc.

I keep seeing news reports where blacks constantly commit crimes.

Why do you suppose they do so at a far higher percentage than their proportion in society?

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 01:46 PM
I keep seeing news reports where blacks constantly commit crimes. Why do you suppose they do so at a far higher percentage than their proportion in society?

Because they attend church?

http://content.gallup.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/zghhm-1trkm3jgtqxvdnga.gif

Cancel 2020.1
05-07-2016, 01:46 PM

You're someone who I think misinterprets what it should mean to be a Christian. Since you push your beliefs on others, I have no problem commenting on that.

I don't judge the lives of others, or proclaim that they're going to hell if they don't do as I say. I guess it's a matter of scale.

CFM
05-07-2016, 01:47 PM
Because they attend church?

http://content.gallup.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/zghhm-1trkm3jgtqxvdnga.gif

Because they are black?

Norah
05-07-2016, 01:51 PM

When you consider how many ministers and people working in the church there are in this country it is hardly fair to judge them all based on the sins of the few. The people that molest children and steal money are clearly doing wrong and should be caught and held responsible, but their actions do not make me distrust my own church and the people in it.

Cancel 2020.1
05-07-2016, 01:52 PM
When you say church do you mean a massive organized church like the Catholic Church, or LDS, and things like that or do you mean the church as in where you attend services every week?

I think that there should be trust of the church regardless of your denomination but if that trust is abused then steps should be taken to earn that trust back. I trust my church that I attend in my hometown where I grew up and also the church that I attend when I'm in school, including the services on campus. I've had no reason not to trust them. I won't speak on the Catholic Church and trust since i'm not Catholic.

I get that. In terms of the Spotlight scandal that I referenced in the OP, it's the Catholic Church. In terms of those who handed the Bible down to us, it was "THE church" - the only one that really existed at that time. More than anything, it's an observation on human frailty & why we give the church in general so much in terms of moral authority.

I'm not here to judge your personal choices or what you get out of your individual church. I'm sure it's been interpreted this way by some, but this is not a "bash Christianity" thread. I respect people's beliefs in general. If religion didn't negatively affect so many things in the world - laws, war, bigotry, attitudes, rights - I wouldn't even bring it up. It's a personal thing and should remain that way. But it does affect those things, so my message is to urge those who approach it that way to examine their beliefs & the origin of those beliefs, and to use the reasoning ability that God gave us.

CFM
05-07-2016, 01:53 PM
When you consider how many ministers and people working in the church there are in this country it is hardly fair to judge them all based on the sins of the few. The people that molest children and steal money are clearly doing wrong and should be caught and held responsible, but their actions do not make me distrust my own church and the people in it.

It's exactly what Troll does. He plays pick and choose, makes it appear as if all churches are bad, then claims those who do what he does are wrong.

He's a cowardly troll that hides behind his computer.

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 01:59 PM

Did I say I was judging them all?

I don't think that only "a few" churchgoers commit "sins". Do you?

A whole lot of 'em commit crimes, too.

Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it isn't happening. Did all the people in the Duggars' church know about Josh?

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 02:00 PM
Because they are black?

Looks like it could be because they attend church.

Norah
05-07-2016, 02:05 PM
Did I say I was judging them all?

I don't think that only "a few" churchgoers commit "sins". Do you?

A whole lot of 'em commit crimes, too.

Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it isn't happening. Did all the people in the Duggars' church know about Josh?

If you are not judging them all then you really should say so from the beginning so that there isn't any confusion in my opinion. I think when you consider how many millions of people that attend church every week it is "few" that commit these sorts of crimes yes, and when it comes to the Duggars it should be considered that out of that whole family it was just one and he is trying to make it right in their eyes now, but the rest from all information are good people and shouldn't be assumed to be bad people.

CFM
05-07-2016, 02:08 PM
Looks like it could be because they attend church.

Looks like it or you actually have proof?

Looks like it could be because they're black since blacks commit far more crimes that their proportion in society.

Why do blacks commit crimes on a disproportionately higher basis than their percentage in society? I haven't been able to get an answer. Maybe you can shed some light on why.

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 02:08 PM
If you are not judging them all then you really should say so from the beginning so that there isn't any confusion in my opinion. I think when you consider how many millions of people that attend church every week it is "few" that commit these sorts of crimes yes, and when it comes to the Duggars it should be considered that out of that whole family it was just one and he is trying to make it right in their eyes now, but the rest from all information are good people and shouldn't be assumed to be bad people.

If you're confused, that's your problem.

Josh is a criminal. His family tried to cover it up. They're criminals.

Are there criminals in your church?

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 02:09 PM
Looks like it or you actually have proof? Looks like it could be because they're black since blacks commit far more crimes that their proportion in society. Why do blacks commit crimes on a disproportionately higher basis than their percentage in society? I haven't been able to get an answer. Maybe you can shed some light on why.

I showed proof that blacks attend church in high numbers.

Therefore....

Norah
05-07-2016, 02:13 PM
If you're confused, that's your problem.

Josh is a criminal. His family tried to cover it up. They're criminals.

Are there criminals in your church?

What he did was wrong and he is paying the consequences of it, but forgiveness is stronger than spite and they are trying as a family to mend those broken fences so to speak and I can't fault them for it. There could be criminals in my church but I don't assume the worst in people I don't know.

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 02:15 PM
What he did was wrong and he is paying the consequences of it, but forgiveness is stronger than spite and they are trying as a family to mend those broken fences so to speak and I can't fault them for it. There could be criminals in my church but I don't assume the worst in people I don't know.

Trust, but verify.

Who said that?

CFM
05-07-2016, 02:16 PM
I showed proof that blacks attend church in high numbers.

Therefore....

That doesn't prove blacks commit crimes because they attend church in high numbers.

Therefore . . . You have no proof just speculation.

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 02:17 PM
That doesn't prove blacks commit crimes because they attend church in high numbers. Therefore . . . You have no proof just speculation.

What other reason can you provide?

Norah
05-07-2016, 02:19 PM
Trust, but verify.

Who said that?

I don't know, but you can't verify that everybody that goes into your church is honest, you can only have faith that they are and if they break that trust then you go from there.

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 02:20 PM
I don't know, but you can't verify that everybody that goes into your church is honest, you can only have faith that they are and if they break that trust then you go from there.

I bet Josh's sisters and their young friends had faith. His wife probably did, too. :)

CFM
05-07-2016, 02:21 PM
What other reason can you provide?

Until you can show it's because they attend church, you haven't provided a reason. All you've done is show blacks attend church at high numbers.

It could be because they're black. Blacks have an incarceration rate of 2200/100,000 of their group. Their group is 41 million of the 325 million U.S. population. That's slightly over 900,000 blacks in prison. I'd say it's because they're black.

Norah
05-07-2016, 02:22 PM
I bet Josh's sisters and their young friends had faith. His wife probably did, too. :)

They had no reason not to, he is their brother and her husband, but now he has to earn that trust back and that's going to take time.

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 02:23 PM
Until you can show it's because they attend church, you haven't provided a reason. All you've done is show blacks attend church at high numbers. It could be because they're black. Blacks have an incarceration rate of 2200/100,000 of their group. Their group is 41 million of the 325 million U.S. population. That's slightly over 900,000 blacks in prison. I'd say it's because they're black.

Can you show any proof that being black causes crime?

Unless you can, you have no proof, just speculation. :)

CFM
05-07-2016, 02:24 PM
Can you show any proof that being black causes crime?

Unless you can, you have no proof, just speculation. :)

Can you show proof that blacks going to church causes them to commit crimes?

Unless you can, you have no proof, just speculation.

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 02:24 PM
They had no reason not to, he is their brother and her husband, but now he has to earn that trust back and that's going to take time.

They had plenty of reasons not to, Norah Beth. Didn't they all know what he had done? Didn't they know he and his churchgoing family tried to cover it up?

Does "Ashley Madison" ring any bells?

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 02:25 PM
Can you show proof that blacks going to church causes them to commit crimes? Unless you can, you have no proof, just speculation.

You have no evidence that anything else causes them to commit crimes, do you?

Process of elimination. :)

Norah
05-07-2016, 02:26 PM
They had plenty of reasons not to, Norah Beth. Didn't they all know what he had done? Didn't they know he and his churchgoing family tried to cover it up?

Does "Ashley Madison" ring any bells?

He is their brother and they did what they believed was the right thing to do for their family. I'm sure they had in-depth and serious conversations as the girls got older and were aware, but its out now and they are doing the best they can. They do not have to satisfy you.

CFM
05-07-2016, 02:28 PM
You have no evidence that anything else causes them to commit crimes, do you?

Process of elimination. :)

Just like you with your speculation about it being because they go to church.

I used the same process of elimination as I did with determining you and now your buddy christiefan are cowards. I looked at who thread bans me and who doesn't. Since the two of you are the only ones, through the process of elimination, you two are cowards.

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 02:30 PM
He is their brother and they did what they believed was the right thing to do for their family. I'm sure they had in-depth and serious conversations as the girls got older and were aware, but its out now and they are doing the best they can. They do not have to satisfy you.

What he did was criminal.

Many criminals of the worst sort attend church.

Pretending to be ignorant of their crimes does not excuse their criminality.

Pretending that an imaginary invisible creature "forgives" their crimes does not excuse their criminality.

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 02:31 PM

I presented proof that blacks attend church in large numbers. Is there any proof that there is another cause for black crime?

Norah
05-07-2016, 02:32 PM
What he did was criminal.

Many criminals of the worst sort attend church.

Pretending to be ignorant of their crimes does not excuse their criminality.

Pretending that an imaginary invisible creature "forgives" their crimes does not excuse their criminality.

Yes what he did was a criminal act and that was addressed. The family is trying to move forward now and so we should let them. Criminals come in all shapes, sizes, faiths, and non faiths. One child out of 19 did something bad and you judge the family as a whole and their faith, which is wrong. The other 18 are not criminals and percentage wise they prove you wrong.

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 02:34 PM
Yes what he did was a criminal act and that was addressed. The family is trying to move forward now and so we should let them. Criminals come in all shapes, sizes, faiths, and non faiths. One child out of 19 did something bad and you judge the family as a whole and their faith, which is wrong. The other 18 are not criminals and percentage wise they prove you wrong.

You only know about 1 of 19...and not all Josh's victims were his sisters, were they?

Why are you covering up his crimes?

christiefan915
05-07-2016, 02:59 PM

For the same reason Willie Sutton was attracted to banks. That's where the [money, children etc.] is.

christiefan915
05-07-2016, 03:05 PM

I agree that when referencing the Duggars it was one individual but others who knew about his crimes covered for him so they don't escape culpability.

On the whole you're right though. You can't judge all by one bad example.

christiefan915
05-07-2016, 03:13 PM

I used the same process of elimination as I did with determining you and now your buddy christiefan are cowards. I looked at who thread bans me and who doesn't. Since the two of you are the only ones, through the process of elimination, you two are cowards.

I thread ban you because I don't need your or anybody's filthy sexual slurs tainting my threads.

CFM
05-07-2016, 03:34 PM
For the same reason Willie Sutton was attracted to banks. That's where the [money, children etc.] is.

Why do you suppose so many blacks commit crimes. Half of those incarcerated are black. Why is that?

CFM
05-07-2016, 03:35 PM
I thread ban you because I don't need your or anybody's filthy sexual slurs tainting my threads.

You thread ban because you're a coward. You use what you said as an EXCUSE. Keep hiding. It proves you're a coward.

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 03:44 PM
Why do you suppose so many blacks commit crimes. Half of those incarcerated are black. Why is that?

Maybe it's because so many attend churches. :)

CFM
05-07-2016, 03:45 PM
Maybe it's because so many attend churches. :)

Maybe it's because they're black.

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 03:48 PM
Maybe it's because they're black.

Think so?

What about being black makes people commit crimes?

We know that many blacks attend churches. Maybe that's it.

CFM
05-07-2016, 03:52 PM
Think so?

What about being black makes people commit crimes?

We know that many blacks attend churches. Maybe that's it.

Many black do attend churches. Where's your proof that they commit crimes because of it?

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 03:59 PM
Many black do attend churches. Where's your proof that they commit crimes because of it?

Where's your proof that they commit crimes for another reason? :)

CFM
05-07-2016, 04:05 PM
Where's your proof that they commit crimes for another reason? :)

Where's your proof that blacks commit crimes because they go to church?

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 04:08 PM
Where's your proof that blacks commit crimes because they go to church?

I have presented proof that blacks go to church.

Get back to me if you have proof that blacks commit crimes for another reason. :)

CFM
05-07-2016, 04:09 PM
I have presented proof that blacks go to church.

Get back to me if you have proof that blacks commit crimes for another reason. :)

You haven't presented anything showing that one is because of the other.

Get back to me when you can show one causes the other. I'll understand if you don't.

PostmodernProphet
05-07-2016, 04:13 PM
How did I insult your religion, Pastor?

I'll understand if you can't explain.

everyone here, including you, already know the answer to that, Trollop......

PostmodernProphet
05-07-2016, 04:14 PM

maybe because there aren't that many openings for public school teachers.......

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 04:14 PM
everyone here, including you, already know the answer to that, Trollop......

I didn't think you could explain, Pastor.

PostmodernProphet
05-07-2016, 04:16 PM
You're someone who I think misinterprets what it should mean to be a Christian. Since you push your beliefs on others, I have no problem commenting on that.

I don't judge the lives of others, or proclaim that they're going to hell if they don't do as I say. I guess it's a matter of scale.

I don't define the beliefs of Christianity......that was done centuries ago.......all I have done is passed the information on to those who seem ignorant of it.....

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 04:16 PM
maybe because there aren't that many openings for public school teachers.......

Public school teachers ( and a great many Christian school teachers) seem to find lots of "openings", Pastor.

Prayerfully peruse the proof: www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?64400-Teachers-in-the-news

CFM
05-07-2016, 04:17 PM
I didn't think you could explain, Pastor.

I agree with PMP. Everyone knows the answer. I'll understand if you don't admit it.

PostmodernProphet
05-07-2016, 04:18 PM
but this is not a "bash Christianity" thread

lol.....

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 04:18 PM
You haven't presented anything showing that one is because of the other.

I didn't say I have.

Do you have an alternative possibility? If so, present it.

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 04:19 PM
I agree with PiMP. Everyone knows the answer. I'll understand if you don't admit it.

You think that agreeing with Pastor PiMPle means it's a fact? :)

PostmodernProphet
05-07-2016, 04:21 PM
Public school teachers ( and a great many Christian school teachers) seem to find lots of "openings", Pastor.

Prayerfully peruse the proof: www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?64400-Teachers-in-the-news

but you don't judge them, do you Trollop.....

PostmodernProphet
05-07-2016, 04:22 PM
You think that agreeing with Pastor PiMPle means it's a fact? :)

don't you think he's agreeing with me because its a fact?.....

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 04:24 PM
but you don't judge them, do you Trollop.....

I report the facts as they are presented in the media, Pastor.

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 04:24 PM
don't you think he's agreeing with me because its a fact?.....

You think I should?

PostmodernProphet
05-07-2016, 05:40 PM
You think I should?

if you thought at all it would be progress......

Legion Troll
05-07-2016, 05:42 PM
if you thought at all it would be progress......

Feeling saucy? Did you swill some Savior sauce with dinner?

Cancel 2020.1
05-07-2016, 09:19 PM
I don't define the beliefs of Christianity......[/B[B]]that was done centuries ago.......all I have done is passed the information on to those who seem ignorant of it.....

Done centuries ago by whom?

CFM
05-08-2016, 10:53 AM

Are you saying that everything the media presents is factual?

evince
05-08-2016, 11:26 AM

is that why you have started to lie about Hilary?

Legion Troll
05-08-2016, 11:36 AM
Are you saying that everything the media presents is factual?

Is that what I said?

Prove these reports are lies.

I'll understand if you can't.

CFM
05-08-2016, 12:12 PM
Is that what I said?

Prove these reports are lies.

I'll understand if you can't.

It is what you said. I understand why you refuse to acknowledge it you piece of shit.

evince
05-08-2016, 12:15 PM
hes on your team stupid

Legion Troll
05-08-2016, 12:19 PM
It is what you said.

It is?

Want to try again?

CFM
05-08-2016, 12:20 PM
It is?

Want to try again?

I've already done it. No need to prove what you said, again.

I'll understand if you refuse to acknowledge it. That's what cowards do and it's yet another reason you hide like one.

evince
05-08-2016, 12:22 PM
grind is outed

Legion Troll
05-08-2016, 12:22 PM
I've already done it.

I predicted that you'd lie and claim you proved it, and I was 100% right.

CFM
05-08-2016, 12:23 PM
I predicted that you'd lie and claim you proved it, and I was 100% right.

I predicted you refuse to acknowledge what you said. I was right and will always be right about you being a coward.

Legion Troll
05-08-2016, 12:25 PM
I predicted you refuse to acknowledge what you said. I was right and will always be right about you being a coward.

I have all the proof I need that you lied. Again.

PostmodernProphet
05-08-2016, 03:49 PM
Done centuries ago by whom?

Christians.....

CFM
05-09-2016, 04:20 AM
I have all the proof I need that you lied. Again.

I have all the proof I need that you said it. I have all the proof I need that you lied about saying it. Coward.

CFM
07-25-2016, 06:57 AM

The funniest thing on this thread is you believing you get to make that determination.