PDA

View Full Version : Sad

Beefy
11-16-2007, 11:44 PM
Yesterday, I was driving to the grocery store right near my house on Kalanianaole Highway and the other side of the street was blocked off at Wa'a. There was a station wagon with a smashed in passenger side windshield parked and cops everywhere. Photographers were taking pictures of a pair of Vans in the middle of the road, and I heard an ambulance coming.

Apparently an 85 year old man had been crossing at a crosswalk with no light, and an 82 year old woman didn't see him. The guy died today, after about 24 hours in the hospital.

I feel horrible for this guy and his family. I feel horrible for the lady that hit him. I can't shake the feeling, the sight of his shoes in the street.

FUCK THE POLICE
11-16-2007, 11:50 PM
:(

I couldn't imagine living with myself if I killed somebody. Terrible situation, it is. Things like that happen.

Beefy
11-16-2007, 11:56 PM
I think this poor woman who hit him is going to go through serious hell over this.

Imagine, living the bulk of your life, and then at that stage, getting hit by a car at full speed, or hitting someone with your car. Fucking awful.

Those shoes in the street. Jesus.

gonzojournals
11-17-2007, 12:40 AM
Old people shouldn't drive, or at least should have to start taking yearly tests.

EDIT: It is very sad, though.

Damocles
11-17-2007, 12:44 AM
I was once hit by a shoe while waiting for a bus after some idiot tried to cross Colfax. My father and I were waiting for the bus, and some dude was hit by a car, his shoe flew off and hit me in the head. It was disconcerting.

Beefy
11-17-2007, 12:46 AM
This was an accident, someone died. An old lady killed an old man. I think of my mom, if she has hit someone, or if my dad had been hit. Its lose lose.

I'm still seeing those shoes in the street.

http://kgmb9.com/main/content/view/1789/40/

BRUTALITOPS
11-17-2007, 01:10 AM
we must stop old on old violence.

proof that old people should not drive cars. they are too stupid, lack reflexes, drive to slow and just suck in general.

as for the rest, guess what's worse than shoes in the street? glass in your face.

Beefy
11-17-2007, 01:16 AM
we must stop old on old violence.

proof that old people should not drive cars. they are too stupid, lack reflexes, drive to slow and just suck in general.

as for the rest, guess what's worse than shoes in the street? glass in your face.

Grind, as much as I like you, you're wrong on this one. This area is very low in visibility, very low on pedestrian awareness. If anything, there should be a stoplight at the place where this guy was killed. It has low visibility, it is a shitbox of a crosswalk.

If you ever come out here, you have a place to stay, and I'll show you the fucked up nature of the streets here.

BRUTALITOPS
11-17-2007, 01:18 AM
Pretty sure a 20 something would have stopped. I wonder if the little old lady knew where she was.

Beefy
11-17-2007, 01:20 AM
Pretty sure a 20 something would have stopped. I wonder if the little old lady knew where she was.

If you saw the intesection, you might think otherwise. Seriously. Its a shit intesection. Its not the first death there either.

Hermes Thoth
11-17-2007, 06:54 AM
This is a viable solution to the social security crisis. Let's get oldies faster cars and encourage them to take long walks.

gonzojournals
11-17-2007, 08:57 AM
This is a viable solution to the social security crisis. Let's get oldies faster cars and encourage them to take long walks.

I think I love you.

Battleborne
11-17-2007, 12:24 PM

According to national statistics and according to Insurance carriers...the 20 something crowd is the highest risk for fatal accidents...ie: thats why they have a higher insurance rate...nice going Grindy!
:rolleyes:

Battleborne
11-17-2007, 12:42 PM

UHH we have them...us oldies invented muscle cars...and we still partake in the sport... http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff69/Battleborne/CARSHIT028.jpg

FUCK THE POLICE
11-17-2007, 01:59 PM
Why do you guys have to be such assholes? You'd only encouter such assholism in America.

Battleborne
11-17-2007, 02:03 PM
Why do you guys have to be such assholes? You'd only encouter such assholism in America.

If so because we have to deal with dip shit kids who think they know everything...get back when you grow up and have experienced life outside the classroom!...Kay?

BRUTALITOPS
11-17-2007, 02:33 PM

is your vagina hurting again today?

FUCK THE POLICE
11-17-2007, 02:35 PM
is your vagina hurting again today?

Why are you gay?

evince
11-17-2007, 02:36 PM

Its an attempt to avoid feelings. They never learned how to process their feelings in an adult manner so they do what they know how to do which is to bury their feelings and pretend they have none. It only puts off the process and unless dealt with will stunt them emotionally for their entire lives. I have known people who lived this way their entire lives and its very sad indeed because they will never know a true adult relationship in their lives.

Cypress
11-17-2007, 02:39 PM
Yesterday, I was driving to the grocery store right near my house on Kalanianaole Highway and the other side of the street was blocked off at Wa'a. There was a station wagon with a smashed in passenger side windshield parked and cops everywhere. Photographers were taking pictures of a pair of Vans in the middle of the road, and I heard an ambulance coming.

Apparently an 85 year old man had been crossing at a crosswalk with no light, and an 82 year old woman didn't see him. The guy died today, after about 24 hours in the hospital.

I feel horrible for this guy and his family. I feel horrible for the lady that hit him. I can't shake the feeling, the sight of his shoes in the street.

That's a horrible thing to see someone die right in front of your eyes. It never really leaves you. Last year I saw a car, that evidently had a Mom and three kids in it, demolished in a head on collision by a truck. Four lives snuffed out in a nanosecond. I still think about those kids, and the Mom, and wonder if there's a widowed spouse somewhere, who is carrying this burden and sadness with them to the grave.

Battleborne
11-17-2007, 02:49 PM
Yes I love muscle cars and trucks... love speed and danger...however unlike the kids of today I take my 4x4 off road out of anyones harm but mine...and the muscle car goes to the track for the thrill...under supervision of those in control...I just cruise the streets and look cool...but by no means race around ...when others may be harmed...end of story...from this oldies dude!