PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson's Comment

cawacko
11-14-2007, 04:56 PM
I guess it's not PC but I thought Phil's comment was pretty funny.

NBA talks to Lakers about remark
Associated Press, Updated 48 minutes ago

NEW YORK (AP) - The NBA has spoken with the Los Angeles Lakers about a sexual reference coach Phil Jackson made in a comment following Tuesday night's game in San Antonio.

The Spurs made 13 3-pointers in their 107-92 victory, and Jackson was asked if too much penetration was leading to open outside shooters.
"We call this a 'Brokeback Mountain' game, because there's so much penetration and kickouts," Jackson said. "It was one of those games."

The 2005 film, which won three Oscars, depicts two cowboys who conceal their homosexual affair.

"The remarks are in poor taste, and the Lakers have assured us such remarks will not occur in the future," league spokesman Brian McIntyre said.

Topspin
11-19-2007, 07:46 PM
don't know what kick out refers to in relation to the movie but certainly PC asside the Penetration comment was classic.

Cypress
11-19-2007, 08:58 PM
What he said is no big deal.

But, the Lakers are a multi million dollar business organization. Its not just some sweaty guys in a high school locker room. Every business is going to be cognizant of being tied to or associated with risque language and comments.

Topspin
11-19-2007, 09:39 PM
Of course they have to put the public face of PC on.
Then get in their big SUV's and Pollute and call the cops on a black teenager for smoking pot. It's what Californians do!!!

Zuzubar
11-22-2007, 11:33 PM
I laughed at the joke, it was pretty funny. So did the reporters. It's time for people to stop getting offended at jokes, ok? What was even more funny was his fake apology. It seemed like he was being serious to the very end. I don't want to spoil it for anybody, but it's a must see.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JG5c_WFc6ac

Damocles
11-23-2007, 12:17 PM
LOL. If I offended any cowboys or horses...

FUCK THE POLICE
11-23-2007, 10:26 PM
This is WM not giving two shits.

BRUTALITOPS
11-25-2007, 12:44 AM
this is grind not giving two shits about watermark not giving two shits.

FUCK THE POLICE
11-25-2007, 01:18 AM
this is grind not giving two shits about watermark not giving two shits.

This is WM not caring that Grind doesn't give two shits that I don't give a fuck.