PDA

View Full Version : Flying the Friendly Skies?

Sir Evil
08-30-2006, 07:19 PM
Anyone have a different view of flying lately with the string of false alarms, and the arrests in england?

Damocles
08-30-2006, 07:24 PM
Nah, I'm always ready to take to the skied for a mini-adventure!

Gaffer
08-31-2006, 06:41 AM
I quit flying when they stopped all smoking on the planes.

uscitizen
08-31-2006, 06:58 AM
I quit flying when they stopped all smoking on the planes.

LOL I would have liked to quit then too.
Heard the latest on the Comair crash ? Only one flight controller on duty and he had to do paperwork and did not verify the airplane was on the right runway....Profit over safety.

OrnotBitwise
08-31-2006, 01:50 PM
Heard the latest on the Comair crash ? Only one flight controller on duty and he had to do paperwork and did not verify the airplane was on the right runway....Profit over safety.
Someone on the right remind us again as to why busting PATCO was a "good" idea?

TRGLDTE
08-31-2006, 01:59 PM
Heard the latest on the Comair crash ? Only one flight controller on duty and he had to do paperwork and did not verify the airplane was on the right runway....Profit over safety. Yeah, blame him. Not like the pilots were supposed to verify their heading....

Prakosh
08-31-2006, 02:01 PM
Because BitBurg Ronnie who said that Luftwaffe pilots suffered as much as Jews in the Holocaust under Hitler, really didn't understand why just anyone couldn't tell a pilot to go ahead and land the damn thing.

uscitizen
08-31-2006, 02:59 PM
Yeah, blame him. Not like the pilots were supposed to verify their heading....
this is true, multiple people at fault. The final responsibility is the pilots or perhaps the copilots who was the only survivor. Talk about irony if it was his fault.

Thorn
08-31-2006, 03:47 PM
Even before all the safety and terrorism concerns, flying became so unpleasant that we both decided to take extra time and drive. It's such a hassle getting out of here anyway (no jet service!) that it isn't worth it.

uscitizen
08-31-2006, 04:49 PM
Yeah Thorn, I only flew on business, but that was a lot. Luckially my business flights pretty well stopped right before 911. Now with all the security delays it is often as fast to drive is it is not more than 4-5 hours drive.