PDA

View Full Version : Long working hours linked to high blood pressure

uscitizen
08-30-2006, 06:56 AM
Long working hours linked to high blood pressure
POSTED: 5:17 p.m. EDT, August 29, 2006

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) -- Workers who clocked more than 51 hours at the office each week were 29 percent more likely to have high blood pressure than those who worked 39 hours or less, a new study from California has found.

Nearly all past research linking long work hours and high blood pressure has been done among Asian workers, Dr. Haiou Yang of the University of California in Irvine and colleagues note in their report in the journal Hypertension.

Interest in the topic began in Japan, they add, where a notoriously high-pressure work culture has given rise to a phenomenon known as Karoshi, or "sudden death from overwork." Today, Americans work longer hours than do Japanese, the researchers add.

For the rest of the story go to:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/08/29/work.blood.pressure.reut/index.html

Is that new car or widescreen worth it. Think about quality of life not quantity....

Cypress
08-30-2006, 06:58 AM

Bush's blood pressure is well within the normal range.

uscitizen
08-30-2006, 07:01 AM

LOL, yep :)
For those that don't get it , think about it....

Of course the drug companies like the long hour workers.....

AnyOldIron
08-30-2006, 07:12 AM
Sod that. I am contracted to 36 hours per week and rarely work more...

Work to live, ladies and gentlemen, don't live to work....

IHateGovernment
08-30-2006, 02:28 PM
Europeans are lazy

:tongout:

Sir Evil
08-30-2006, 02:30 PM

Bet yours barely registers in that case mudflap..........:cof1:

uscitizen
08-30-2006, 02:53 PM
Aww, be nice now evil weenie :)

Sir Evil
08-30-2006, 02:55 PM
Aww, be nice now evil weenie :)

LOL, you are right pops! lemme rephrase: mudflaps blood pressure is probably skyrocketing with all the work he puts in bush bashing......:cof1:

uscitizen
08-30-2006, 03:07 PM
Well that is better...I guess ???

Sir Evil
08-30-2006, 03:10 PM
Well that is better...I guess ???

LOL,I try pops, can't ya tell?.........:burn:

uscitizen
08-30-2006, 03:18 PM
Oh yes I can tell.
Not sure how hard you try though :)

Sir Evil
08-30-2006, 03:20 PM
Oh yes I can tell.
Not sure how hard you try though :)

Yeah not too hard, but it is fun isn't it?.........:cof1:

uscitizen
08-30-2006, 03:30 PM
Yep, keeps life interesting. I try and present myself honestly on here, but dont take the flack back to heart and get my blood in a boil over it.
sometimes I get sarcastic and jab someone, but all in fun. well except for Dixie and a couple of others, those I will seriously jab , and enjoy it :)

Sir Evil
08-30-2006, 03:33 PM
Yep, keeps life interesting. I try and present myself honestly on here, but dont take the flack back to heart and get my blood in a boil over it.
sometimes I get sarcastic and jab someone, but all in fun. well except for Dixie and a couple of others, those I will seriously jab , and enjoy it :)

Ya have some of the better humor present here pops, I can't understand those that really get up tight over a little flaming fun, it does keep things interesting!

uscitizen
08-30-2006, 03:40 PM
Ya have some of the better humor present here pops, I can't understand those that really get up tight over a little flaming fun, it does keep things interesting!
thanks Oh evil one :)
And congrats on your award ?
Yes is is much more fun here than on a political board run by guys in suits.:gives:

Sir Evil
08-30-2006, 03:46 PM
thanks Oh evil one :)
And congrats on your award ?
Yes is is much more fun here than on a political board run by guys in suits.:gives:

Why thank you sir! Hate to tell you this though, you probably just made Darla's shitlist.......She hates everything about me even if it just a person replying to me!:cof1:

uscitizen
08-30-2006, 03:52 PM
Oh well if she is that sensitive, then I don't want her anyway, umm come to think of it I don't want any full time woman :) Gettin rid of mine next month, I moved a load of my stuff last sunday while she was at church and will move another load tonight while she is at the wed service.

Sir Evil
08-30-2006, 03:56 PM
Oh well if she is that sensitive, then I don't want her anyway, umm come to think of it I don't want any full time woman :) Gettin rid of mine next month, I moved a load of my stuff last sunday while she was at church and will move another load tonight while she is at the wed service.

LOL, sneaking out eh?

uscitizen
08-30-2006, 04:05 PM
Heck yes! Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
I have never hit a woman and don't intend to start, so I will just slide my tools, books and such valuables out. Sellin my tractor to a guy who will store it and let me buy it back for the same money after things settle down. So she will wind up with half the sales money but I will be able to get my tractor back. Nothing wrong, just avoiding trouble.

uscitizen
08-30-2006, 04:07 PM
Well think I will go down to the corner grocery and jaw a while with the guys. later all.