PDA

View Full Version : The Angel of Arkansas

Mott the Hoople
02-12-2016, 08:50 PM
I just read this article on Ruth Coker Burks. What an inspiration. She is an example of true Christian spirit. I remember well the early days of the AIDS epidemic when no one knew what the hell was going on and so many people's knee jerk reaction to demonize gays was pretty much the status quo.

I remember fearing terribly for my gay brother and that he kept himself aware and informed of the disease and took appropriate precautions. He did but quite a few of his friends, people I knew and liked, caught AIDS and died.

But reading this article and knowing that so many people and families abandoned their family members in such a callous and heartless manner just simply breaks my heart and saddens me beyond words. I agree with the man in the article who lost a son to AIDS who said he didn't understand how anyone could abandon a child or a loved one that way. It just wasn't the way he was raised. I agree. Family is family and without family you are nothing. You take care of your own. No matter what they have done.

It disturbs me in no small measure that to know that during the height of the AIDS epidemic that so many doctors and nurses and men and women of the cloth could violate their sacred vows and not even provide comfort, in their time of need to the dead and dying.

I take great comfort though knowing that there was an Angel in Arkansas.

http://m.arktimes.com/arkansas/ruth-coker-burks-the-cemetery-angel/Content?oid=3602959

canceled.2021.1
02-12-2016, 09:28 PM
I just read this article on Ruth Coker Burks. What an inspiration. She is an example of true Christian spirit. I remember well the early days of the AIDS epidemic when no one knew what the hell was going on and so many people's knee jerk reaction to demonize gays was pretty much the status quo.

I remember fearing terribly for my gay brother and that he kept himself aware and informed of the disease and took appropriate precautions. He did but quite a few of his friends, people I knew and liked, caught AIDS and died.

But reading this article and knowing that so many people and families abandoned their family members in such a callous and heartless manner just simply breaks my heart and saddens me beyond words. I agree with the man in the article who lost a son to AIDS who said he didn't understand how anyone could abandon a child or a loved one that way. It just wasn't the way he was raised. I agree. Family is family and without family you are nothing. You take care of your own. No matter what they have done.

It disturbs me in no small measure that to know that during the height of the AIDS epidemic that so many doctors and nurses and men and women of the cloth could violate their sacred vows and not even provide comfort, in their time of need to the dead and dying.

http://m.arktimes.com/arkansas/ruth-coker-burks-the-cemetery-angel/Content?oid=3602959

They didn't take a suicide pact because of immoral deviant queers. The queers got what they deserved. It was a sad day in drug development when protease inhibitors came to market.

USFREEDOM911
02-12-2016, 11:10 PM

:good4u:

Phantasmal
02-13-2016, 01:14 AM

I can't imagine turning my back on my child, but worse, my dying child. This woman was an angel.

Mott the Hoople
02-13-2016, 05:19 AM
They didn't take a suicide pact because of immoral deviant queers. The queers got what they deserved. It was a sad day in drug development when protease inhibitors came to market.
Fuck! I forgot to thread ban you. FUCK FUCK FUCK!

CFM
02-13-2016, 06:51 AM

So you don't like hearing opposing opinions? Coward.

Mott the Hoople
02-13-2016, 08:53 AM
So you don't like hearing opposing opinions? Coward.
No. I don't like hearing hate spewing rants of mouth breathing bigots with deep seated inadequacy complexes. I didn't thread ban conservatives. I tried to thread ban the people least capable of an intelligent conversation. Looks like a missed a few.

The Dude
02-14-2016, 04:04 PM

Mott that was klan royalty
Glad the grand wizard wasn't banned

The Dude
02-14-2016, 04:05 PM
No. I don't like hearing hate spewing rants of mouth breathing bigots with deep seated inadequacy complexes. I didn't thread ban conservatives. I tried to thread ban the people least capable of an intelligent conversation. Looks like a missed a few.

Dude he's bald and scrawny like most angry biggots

Stelakh
02-15-2016, 11:21 AM
It was a sad day in drug development when protease inhibitors came to market.

Why, so everyone, regardless of how they contracted AIDS/HIV, could die?

You don't like homosexuals. We get it.

What about heterosexuals who contracted this disease through blood transfusions? While this method of transmission has been nearly eradicated today, it has happened.

What about someone who didn't know they had it and unwittingly gave it to a heterosexual partner?

What about babies born with it?

You'd condemn everyone because you don't like homosexuals?

You never cease to sink even lower into the depths of despicable character.

Pray you never wind up living in the world you seem to want.

Mott the Hoople
02-15-2016, 11:44 AM
Oh don't pay no attention to ILA. They just hanged his father last week and he's still a bit touchy.

Rune
02-17-2016, 08:57 AM
Why, so everyone, regardless of how they contracted AIDS/HIV, could die?

You don't like homosexuals. We get it.

What about heterosexuals who contracted this disease through blood transfusions? While this method of transmission has been nearly eradicated today, it has happened.

What about someone who didn't know they had it and unwittingly gave it to a heterosexual partner?

What about babies born with it?

You'd condemn everyone because you don't like homosexuals?

You never cease to sink even lower into the depths of despicable character.

Pray you never wind up living in the world you seem to want.

He is a turd.
I just made his twin 20 minutes ago.

USFREEDOM911
02-17-2016, 04:02 PM
He is a turd.
I just made his twin 20 minutes ago.

You had lunch??!!

Hey, I thought I was going to be your "PROJECT"!! :chesh:

baileyjay
03-01-2016, 12:51 AM
Oh don't pay no attention to ILA. They just hanged his father last week and he's still a bit touchy.