PDA

View Full Version : What Song Are You Listening To, Right Now?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63

charver
07-25-2006, 04:02 AM
There's one of these threads in the other place, so there should, by rights, be one here as well. Come on Damo, pull your finger out, son. It was your thread after all.;)

So, as the battle of the boards gets underway in earnest, what better tune to kick things off than -

Steelers Wheel - 'Stuck in the Middle'

And, no, there isn't a prize for the poster collecting the most ears from the other tribe.:rolleyes:

Good Day.

Damocles
07-25-2006, 08:08 AM
Def Leppard - Hysteria

Damocles
07-25-2006, 08:19 AM
Garth Brooks - Rollin'

maineman
07-25-2006, 08:21 AM
"Let's Get Away From It All" by Andre Previn (from the 1955 album of the same name)

Damocles
07-25-2006, 08:34 AM
Motley Crue - God Bless The Children of the Beast

Damocles
07-25-2006, 08:49 AM
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Dixie - In Memoriam
07-25-2006, 03:32 PM
Return of the Grevious Angel- Gram Parsons

reverendlionelblair
07-26-2006, 12:23 PM
What's going on with this quick reply feature?

Why does everyone have pictures, I like to let the words do the talking. Pictures are a crutch for the textually challenged.

Runnin' - Pharcyde

and then

John Fahey - Persian Market

Care4all
07-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Please forgive me for this one, but...

Barry Manilow's version of "Memory".... :D (yu know, the song from CATS on broadway)

I saw the play in NYC, on Broadway, when there on business a decade ago, and I still get goose bumps and can tear when hearing Manilow's version...

ok, ok, ok....stop the shouting at me....telling me what a sap I am.... :)

hahaha, lol

care

charver
07-27-2006, 03:06 AM
This fine sunny morning -

Wayne County (now Jayne County) and the Electric Chairs - '(If You Don't Want To Fuck Me) Fuck Off'

You can't beat gender bending punk fruitloops, can you eh? Well, unless you're one of those frightful gay-bashing sorts, of course.

But nobody around here matches that description. Well, ok, maybe Brent. I could definately see him fisting another man with great enthusiasm.

klaatu
07-27-2006, 03:40 PM
Damn Charver.. you beat me to it...

Season of the Witch -- Donovan

charver
07-28-2006, 02:59 AM
Great excitement here in America Lite. Our glorious leader, Mr Tony, is coming to see you Americans, receive his upgrade and be issued his new orders.

According to the news media, Tony and George are going to discuss - "Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan and the fighting in Darfur, as well as how best to get "free and fair" trade. But it is the Middle East crisis which is likely to dominate as fighting continues in Lebanon."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5222288.stm

Or, more likely, George is going to tell Tony about what he's been doing on his holidays, his theory that dogs are merely very small hairy Mexicans and that the "kraut chic" he met last week was "a fine piece of ass".

Tony will smile and nod in the right places, before telling George he's "like, really cool" and "the bestest at, like, everything, dude", before returning, in triumph, to America Lite proclaiming - "peace in our time".

Weezer - 'Say It Ain't So'

(Yes, i posted this at the other spot as well. A man's only got so much time to do this shit, you know)

charver
07-29-2006, 04:04 AM
Breaking celebrity news.

This morning I invite you good people to stop a moment to consider the plight of the humble celebrity. Sure they are annoying, often complain about the most trivial of things, take up vital newsprint and talk nonsense about subjects they don’t understand, but when it boils down to the nitty and, indeed, the gritty, they do provide some light relief in a tempestuous world.

Consider ‘The Hoff’. Only 17 years after unifying Germany with a potent combination of leather trousers and power chords, the man is the subject of scurrilous rumour and innuendo.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5223124.stm

First, allegations of being drunk at Wimbledon are followed by allegations of insobriety at airports. There is a word for this, ladies and gentlemen, and that word is ‘persecution’. It's almost a mirror image of Jesus' own life. Why can’t the damn media not just accept ‘The Hoff’s’ explanation that it was merely the effects of antibiotics he was taking following a shaving accident – “the actor is said to have bumped into a chandelier at a London hotel while shaving last month and shards of glass from the light fell and cut his arm.”

I mean, who here can put hand on heart and say they haven’t bumped into a chandelier whilst shaving?

How soon we forget the majesty of “Hot Shot City”. To tear down this God from his place alongside Elvis Presley, Tiffany and MC Hammer atop the musical Mount Olympus is callous in the extreme. Brothers and sisters, I am having none of it. Do you hear?

I’ll bid you Good Day.

David Hasselhoff – ‘I Believe’

charver
07-31-2006, 07:48 AM
If there's a song which sums up the medieval philosophy of scholasticism, attempting to join faith to reason by synthesising theology with classical Greek and Roman thought, more succinctly than 'My Sharona' by The Knack, then i've certainly not heard it.

klaatu
07-31-2006, 05:09 PM
Bob Dylan- Hurricane

klaatu
07-31-2006, 05:10 PM
ooooops! The long version

Damocles
07-31-2006, 05:13 PM
Godsmack - Serenity

AnyOldIron
07-31-2006, 05:14 PM
Freddy Radox and the Bathcubes - I'm so soapy

klaatu
08-01-2006, 05:38 AM
Frank Sinatra -- Thats Life

charver
08-01-2006, 06:50 AM
Are unsightly terrorists making your life a nightmare? Are your mornings blighted by the prospect of unmanageable extremists? Want to plan what to wear for that, oh so troublesome, terrorist attack?

If you answered, “Yes”, to any of those questions, then worry no more for the answer to your prayers is here.

Yes, friends. Today sees the launch, some say debut, of Britain’s brand new terror alert warning website. Nothing new for the cutting edge American market, perhaps, but for the European backwater that is the United Kingdom, this is a first.

http://www.intelligence.gov.uk/

“Look, mummy, we’re at ‘severe’ risk of a terrorist incident.”
“Best change that green dress to a red one, darling, you know the saying ‘red and green should never be seen’ and you know how those severed limbs do spatter so”

Ian Dury & the Blockheads – ‘What a Waste’

bob
08-01-2006, 11:35 AM
walkey walk tall

10ft ganja plant

Damocles
08-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Pink Floyd - Sign of Life

bob
08-01-2006, 11:42 AM
come on in my kitchen

eric clapton.. *robert johnson original*

Damocles
08-01-2006, 11:43 AM
Disturbed - Ten Thousand Fists

bob
08-01-2006, 11:47 AM
took the car

john mayall

great song

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Acadian Driftwood- The Band

An interesting song, in that, it's actually a history lesson too. It tells the plight of the Acadian's from their homeland, which through treaties and persecution, they were forced to leave, and their travels to a new place, where they would eventually become what we know today as the "Cajuns" in Louisiana.

Damocles
08-02-2006, 10:12 AM
Disturbed - Deify

klaatu
08-02-2006, 02:29 PM
Far Beyond the Sun

charver
08-03-2006, 08:16 AM
What's the word on the street today? What are the hoi-polloi jibbering and jabbering about while Middle-Eastern types explode each other?

Here in blighty we're transfixed by a jockey headbutting a horse.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/horse_racing/5241650.stm

A one day ban will bring the pint-sized hooligan down to size. I suppose jockeys don't have much of a chance to headbutt people, unless they carry around a pair of step-ladders, or just 'put the nut' on other jockeys, or indeed children.

Word has it the jockey in question, Paul O'Neill, is a bit of a Republican and only 'zidaned' the unfortunate horsey as he thought it was Princess Anne.

Daft Punk -'Face to Face'

Damocles
08-03-2006, 12:07 PM
Rage - Tomorrow's Yesterday

klaatu
08-03-2006, 03:37 PM
Steely Dan- Deacon Blues

BRUTALITOPS
08-03-2006, 06:27 PM
pretty girls make graves - the number
pretty girls make graves - selling the wind
Thom Yorke - Skip Divided (Album is only so-so)

That is all.

charver
08-04-2006, 04:00 AM
This Friday I am taking time out to salute a much misunderstood chap. Sure, he’s a slave to the Ancient Spirits of Evil, is a veteran of more than a thousand years, possesses incredible magical powers, and is also the wielder of the awesome ‘Sword of Plundarr’, but does that make him a bad person?

You know who I’m referring to now don’t you?

No, it’s not Henry Kissenger…

Another clue? OK…His only weakness is a limited stamina, and he frequently needs to return to his Pyramid to regenerate.

That’s right…It’s Tom Cru…Hold on just one cotton’ pickin’ minute, you’re just acting the giddy goat again, aren’t you?

No enough is enough, you witless buffoons. This Friday the plaudits go to Mumm-Ra, nemesis of the Thundercats. Isn't it obvious now?

Mumma-Ra – ‘Song E’

klaatu
08-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Tears for Fears = "Call me Mellow"

Brent
08-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Here are a few I've listened to this afternoon...

"Road To Nowhere" - Ozzy Osbourne
"Forever Young" - Alphaville
"I Want to Break Free" - Queen
"My Sharona" - The Knack
"Wish You Were Here" - Pink Floyd

klaatu
08-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Pink Floyd - Sheep

charver
08-08-2006, 05:27 AM
Has everybody voted at the other spot then?

As a chap who takes his civic duties seriously i managed to haul myself down to the polling station and, after a brief period of confusion with this unfamiliar American electronic voting lark, managed to direct my vote in the direction of somebody. Christ knows who though.

By the way, does anyone know the best way to remove pencil marks from an LCD monitor?

Zutons - 'Confusion'

Damocles
08-09-2006, 10:34 AM
Godsmack - Straight Out Of Line

:hedb:

bob
08-09-2006, 11:02 AM
melissa... allman bros

charver
08-09-2006, 12:09 PM
Just when we thought the fearsome spectre of Republican terrorism in Northern Ireland had confined itself to petty racketeering and drug dealing, it returns to cast a shadow over Ulster.

Yes, today the British state was rocked to its very core as noble, freedom-fighters, all resembling Brad Pitt, made a brave political gesture striking fear into every man, woman and child of the ruthlessly imperialist British state.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/4775533.stm

Putting a sports shop, a cheap kitchen shop, and a retailer of fashionable garb out of commission was bad enough, but when Downing Street heard that, top carpet retailer, ‘CarpetRight’ had been burned to the ground, our will was broken.

The Sunshine Underground – ‘Put You In Your Place’

charver
08-11-2006, 04:16 AM
What a world, eh?

As if the prospect of beardie types trying to blow up planes with mp3 powered lucozade wasn't enough, for the past 3 weeks i've been plagued by, what seems like, the entire population of China attempting to mine me for information regarding 'investment opportunities'.

A polite, "please take me off your database" met with little response, so i have been forced to use coarse and degrading language at least once a day. I think i can honestly say it is the first time i have ever called someone i don't know a "cunt" over the phone. (Obviously i refer to regular friends and family as cunts all the time, you understand)

Plan B - 'Sick 2 Def'

So, come on Tony Blairs, get off the beach, get yer bony old arse down to the UN and get some resolutions passed quick smart.

charver
08-14-2006, 03:41 AM
Better news from the island oasis that is Great Britain.

After four days of frantic activity by spies in dinner jackets zooming round London in Aston Martin DB7's arresting terrorists, airports filled with delayed middle-class passengers demanding priority on the basis they have managed to successfully procreate and crowds of government talking heads apologising to self-appointed 'community leaders', we are kind of safe again.

Yes, the security level has been downgraded from "papaya and passion fruit" to the much less threatening "mango chutney". Praise be. Yes, no longer are Britons fearing a terrorist incident is "imminent", it is merely "highly likely".

The Smiths - 'Panic'

Huzzah!

Damocles
08-14-2006, 11:28 AM
Queen - The Bohemian Rhapsody...

Just because I like it regardless of its propensity for winning best rock song ever in the UK consistently...

maineman
08-14-2006, 11:31 AM
Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini by Rachmaninoff

charver
08-15-2006, 08:16 AM
I know many of you are fond of the old philosophising, some say putting your feet up and thinking about stuff. Yes, some people would simply point and label you a lazy, work-shy fop, but not i.

You can’t beat a bit of philosophy can you? Where would men and women be now if they hadn’t sat down for a think about the big imponderables of life? A cynic may say, “not stuck on the shelf with nothing but a life of regret and missed chances to look back on, whilst your youthful hopes and dreams dissolve into the reality of isolation, misery and eventual oblivion.” But not me.

Can anyone explain the meaning of life? (and if any student wanker type is thinking about shouting out “42”, prepare for a punch up the bracket)

Is there a heaven? And if there is, was respected American professor, Belinda Carlisle correct when she hypothesised - “Ooo heaven is a place on Earth”?

I‘m certainly no Platos, Socrate or Aristottles. In fact I’ll admit it’s all Greek to me. HAHA!!!1!!GREEKYOUSEE!!!111!

Well, I’ll leave you spods to the big issues as my mind is too full of less important stuff to contemplate why Occam’ shaving problems are the subject of so much sticky-beakage. I’ll bid you Good Afternoon.

The Rakes – ‘Work, Work, Work (Pub, Club, Sleep)

charver
08-16-2006, 05:02 AM
Football, eh?

After the all too familiar ‘pop’ of the over inflated England football, just a few short weeks ago, we start afresh; recast in the forge of adversity as world beaters. Our glorious new leader, fresh from spearheading Middlesboro’s assault on relegation, is setting about transforming an assembled squad of down-at-heel, underprivileged boys from the wrong side of the tracks, into a tight-knit, fearsome band of warriors in the mould of those legendary English heroes; Lord Nelson, Shaka Zulu and Prince Edward.

A new coach is complimented by a new captain who exemplifies the transformation from; lily-livered, sarong-clad, metrosexualists into the - hard as nails, sensible trousers, short back and sides, “Oi sunshine, you callin’ my pint a pooftah?” type menace, for which the nation has been waiting oh so long.

Tonight’s match is only a friendly occasion, to bed the players and the new manager in. Nevertheless, up and at ‘em eh lads?

They don’t like it up ‘em, what?

Actually, as our opponents are Greece, best scratch the above comment.

Dogs Die In Hot Cars – ‘I Love You ‘Cos I Have To’

klaatu
08-16-2006, 03:08 PM
Pink Floyd -- Pigs (3 different ones) from Animals

Damocles
08-16-2006, 03:10 PM
Pink Floyd - In The Flesh?

klaatu
08-16-2006, 03:28 PM
Pink Floyd - In The Flesh?

Just borrowed Pulse from my daughter ... Despite the absence of Waters ..Its a real good Concert Flick ... Disc One starts off with a bang ... with Shine on You Crazy Diamond, Learning to Fly and High Hopes.. but slows down quite a bit in the middle ... then closes with a bang...Another Brick and One of these days ..
Disc two ... All of Dark Side, Wish you Were here(song), Comfortably Numb and Run like hell...

Damocles
08-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Just borrowed Pulse from my daughter ... Despite the absence of Waters ..Its a real good Concert Flick ... Disc One starts off with a bang ... with Shine on You Crazy Diamond, Learning to Fly and High Hopes.. but slows down quite a bit in the middle ... then closes with a bang...Another Brick and One of these days ..
Disc two ... All of Dark Side, Wish you Were here(song), Comfortably Numb and Run like hell...
Cool... I'll have to see if I can find me a copy to watch...

Fleetwood Mac - I'm So Afraid (live '97)

klaatu
08-16-2006, 03:34 PM
The Beatles - And your bird can sing

Damocles
08-16-2006, 03:35 PM
Staind - Devil

charver
08-17-2006, 07:48 AM
The English media have temporarily forgotten the trials and tribulations of terrorism for the day as the annual school results day is upon us, once again. More people passing than ever before, but they’re not getting any easier, oh no.

Anyway, the media love to send their cameras down to our centres of learning as those nervous pupils trek in to acquire their little brown envelopes containing the keys to their futures. It’s a familiar story. Adolescents struggling with the fiendishly difficult tasks of remembering their own names and standing up, learn that they have achieved the ‘gold standard’ of British education; joining the elite, alongside the other 96% of candidates. So what if you have to have remedial classes at university in order to get to grips with the concept of essays, spelling or knowledge? You’re a genius ‘cos you’ve got 3 A’s and can name every ‘Big Brother’ contestant of the last 3 years.

Sex Pistols – ‘Pretty Vacant’

What the media are really there for are the girls. Where else can they get away with lurid close ups of 17 year-old schoolgirls in seasonal low-cut tops, bouncing up and down in close proximity to several other 17 year-old schoolgirls in low-cut tops? That’s what it’s aal aboot, the dorty porvorts.

DigitalDave
08-17-2006, 11:46 AM
Fuel my Fire - The Prodigy

Damocles
08-17-2006, 11:56 AM
Sabaton - Back In Control

Damocles
08-18-2006, 11:40 AM
Elvis - Crying In The Chapel

BRUTALITOPS
08-20-2006, 08:38 AM
A Silver Mt. Zion - God Bless our Dead Marines

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-20-2006, 08:43 AM
Wasted Words- Allman Brothers Band

klaatu
08-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Tears for Fears -- "Last Days on Earth"

charver
08-22-2006, 02:29 AM
What-ho, fellow oblivionites.

As foretold by some trustworthy internet coves, today, August 22nd, is the end of the world. I know there’ll still be some doubters, sceptics and nay Sayers out there, steadfastly refusing to accept reality, but you won’t be laughing tomorrow, not least because it will never arrive, and you’ll be incapable of laughing at all because you’ll all be dead.

Having had some advance warning of impending global expiry, it has given the conscientious chap a change to put his affairs in order, to square those circles, if you will. So with credit limits not only reached but exceeded, a trail of exhausted prostitutes behind me and only the prospect of multiple life sentences ahead of me, we are ready to go…in your own time…whenever you’re ready.

The Ramones – ‘Here Today, Gone Tomorrow’

It’ll probably be this afternoon.

AnyOldIron
08-22-2006, 02:57 AM
Can anyone explain the meaning of life?

Yes I can, for a small fee... Please send your cheque for £500.00 to the Anyoldiron Philosophy and Drinking club Social Fund to PO Box 666, W1....

Philosophising doesn't come for free you know....

klaatu
08-24-2006, 02:41 PM
Moddy Blues -- "Lost in a lost world"

charver
08-25-2006, 04:16 AM
I believe it was, Public Enemy’s, Chuck D who would oft enquire - “What time is it?” A little strange as he need only have cast a roving eye toward one of the many watches, clocks and timepieces festooning his fellow band member, Flava Flav, in order to satisfy his temporary curiosity as to the precise time of day. Nevertheless, the question is valid and the answer is – ‘The Silly Season’.

Yes, that time of year when there is little to nothing for the assorted hacks and gin-soaked journos to fill their newspapers and bulletins.

Solution?

Let’s talk about fat people, or, to be more precise, people getting fatter.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5282446.stm
‘13 million obese in England by 2013’ the British government shrieks.

Well? What’s wrong with that, I ask? British people are hardly known for their joyous outlook on life, grinning faces and a free-love attitude; despite what the latest teenage pregnancy figure may tell you. However, with the promise of 13 million extra plumpers, just a few hundred chocolate puddings away, Britain is changing.

Everyone knows fat men are happy, jolly souls. Okay, perhaps they are crying internally, but they are always willing to cheer up a dull office by performing a self-mocking wobble. Oh how they chortle as the shouts of “fatso”, “pregnant hippo” and “hideously deformed man-whale” reach a crescendo and small children point and laugh.

Huzzah! Jolly Britain will soon be a reality. The great Father Christmas shortage of the 1950’s will be a long forgotten nightmare and salad manufacturers will be cursed back to hell, where they belong.

And fat lasses have big tits. It’s a win/win situation, peoples.

Billy Bragg – ‘Honey, I’m a Big Boy Now’

LadyT
08-25-2006, 07:12 PM
"I just want to make love to you" Etta James

Sir Evil
08-25-2006, 07:23 PM
"I just want to make love to you" Etta James

Ok, gimme a call! :cof1:

LadyT
08-25-2006, 07:38 PM
OKay, but I'm on "I Hate You so Much Right Now" by Kelis.

Sir Evil
08-25-2006, 07:42 PM
OKay, but I'm on "I Hate You so Much Right Now" by Kelis.

Well that has been an established fact around here already! ........:cool:

Damocles
08-25-2006, 07:49 PM
It's unpopular to be Conservative... ;)

Sir Evil
08-25-2006, 07:51 PM
It's unpopular to be Conservative... ;)

Well I never much cared to just go along with the in thing....:(

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 06:23 PM
Zebra ~ Who's behind the Door

Damocles
08-27-2006, 06:35 PM
Motley Crue - Home Sweet Home

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 06:37 PM
UFO ~ Mother Mary

Damocles
08-27-2006, 06:53 PM
Van Halen - When It's Love

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 07:06 PM
Dream Theater ~ Surrounded

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 07:23 PM
Cry of Love ~ Peace Pipe

Sir Evil
08-28-2006, 06:57 PM
Fragile Vastness ~ Maya's Diary

Sir Evil
08-28-2006, 07:11 PM
Khymera ~ If You Dare To Dream

Sir Evil
08-28-2006, 07:33 PM
Rush ~ Red Barchetta

NOVA
08-28-2006, 08:01 PM
Collected about 400 tunes from the 50's to 80's from sat. radio....

About 17 CD's filled....

But right now....The Best of Steely Dan....

Sir Evil
08-29-2006, 10:31 AM
Aerosmith ~ Nobody's Fault

Sir Evil
08-29-2006, 10:39 AM
Counting Crows ~ A Long December

Damocles
08-29-2006, 10:45 AM
Tool - Eulogy

Sir Evil
08-29-2006, 10:55 AM
Ilse Delange ~ I Still Cry

Sir Evil
08-29-2006, 11:07 AM
Lynyrd Skynyrd ~ RedWhite&Blue
:usflag:

Sir Evil
08-29-2006, 11:17 AM
Shinedown ~ .45

TheDanold
08-29-2006, 11:33 AM
"Sad Argument" by Maineman

(song accompanied by dance of course)

Sir Evil
08-29-2006, 12:37 PM
Def Leppard ~ Photograph

Sir Evil
08-29-2006, 12:53 PM
Eric Johnson ~ Cliffs Of Dover

Damocles
08-29-2006, 12:56 PM
Blood on Blood - Bon Jovi

Damocles
08-29-2006, 01:06 PM
Rage - Insanity

Sir Evil
08-29-2006, 01:09 PM
Winterlong ~ The Priest
:hedb:

Sir Evil
08-29-2006, 01:45 PM
Mindflow ~ Follow your Instinct

uscitizen
08-29-2006, 02:28 PM
http://www.toonedin.com/cheney.html

I just love the spoofy songs :)
And even the ones against liberals if they are well done. I have several on bill and monica :)

Sir Evil
08-29-2006, 02:31 PM
http://www.toonedin.com/cheney.html

I just love the spoofy songs :)
And even the ones against liberals if they are well done. I have several on bill and monica :)

What, no blinders when it comes to music? .......:cool:

Bad Company ~ Shooting Star

uscitizen
08-29-2006, 02:51 PM
What, no blinders when it comes to music? .......:cool:

Bad Company ~ Shooting Star
Nope, just ear plugs for rap and country.

I try to avoid blinders on politics too. but do often fail.....
I want to see it all and decide for myself. But cannot bring myself to listen to rush or frankin or their ilk of either side. Believe it or not I don't like Moore either :)

Sir Evil
08-29-2006, 02:53 PM
Nope, just ear plugs for rap and country.

I can go with that, not much of a fan of it myself! Bet you are a closet headbanger pops, you are probably groovin' to some Iron Maiden right now!:p

uscitizen
08-29-2006, 03:03 PM
Naaah, never cared for them much. Tull, zepplin, Yes, Ted Nugent, AC/DC, Pat Benetar, Queen, Heart,Van halen,etc.
Yep pretty much of a closet headbanger, or if the music is on the closet is open :)
I like the old hard rock, bluegrass, jazz, a bit of classical. but I don't care much to watch the ones that I like the music of, just listen to their music. Never cared for Elvis or the Beatles, guess that makes me unamerican :)

Sir Evil
08-29-2006, 03:06 PM
Naaah, never cared for them much. Tull, zepplin, Yes, Ted Nugent, AC/DC, Pat Benetar, Queen, Heart,Van halen,etc. I like the old hard rock, bluegrass, jazz, a bit of classical. but I don't care much to watch the ones that I like the music of, just listen to their music. Never cared for Elvis or the Beatles, guess that makes me unamerican :)

LOL, I knew there was something I liked about you pops! that's a nice selection of artists ya laid out there.:clink:

Sir Evil
08-29-2006, 07:13 PM
Bob Seeger ~ Main Street

Sir Evil
08-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Goo Goo Dolls ~ Ain't That Unusual

Sir Evil
08-30-2006, 10:53 AM
Thin Lizzy ~ The Boys Are Back In Town

Sir Evil
08-30-2006, 10:59 AM
Triumph ~ Magic Power

uscitizen
08-30-2006, 11:07 AM
Bob Seeger ~ Main Street

Yep seeger is ok, but don't put my feet to tappin much.
I love the seeger satire of Bowelmoves though, great stuff.

Sir Evil
08-30-2006, 11:10 AM
Yep seeger is ok, but don't put my feet to tappin much.
I love the seeger satire of Bowelmoves though, great stuff.

LOL, bowelmoves? I do like that one as well!

Iced Earth ~ Pure Evil

uscitizen
08-30-2006, 11:17 AM
It is a Parody of Nightmoves Evil. Waitin on the Blowelmoves instead of nightmoves. Sittin waitin reading a magazine from 1968...I think you get the idea.

Sir Evil
08-30-2006, 11:22 AM
It is a Parody of Nightmoves Evil. Waitin on the Blowelmoves instead of nightmoves. Sittin waitin reading a magazine from 1968...I think you get the idea.

:lolup:

I thought it was your own parody of the song, have to check that one out!

Enola Gay ~ Back to Prison

Sir Evil
08-30-2006, 02:44 PM
Pagans Mind ~ The Prophecy Of Pleiades

Sir Evil
09-01-2006, 07:24 PM
Aerosmith ~ Hole In My Soul

Sir Evil
09-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Lacuna Coil ~ Heaven's a Lie

Sir Evil
09-01-2006, 08:11 PM
Badlands ~ Highwire

Johnney
09-01-2006, 08:26 PM
Joe Satriani super colossal

Damocles
09-01-2006, 09:23 PM
Godsmack - No Rest For The Wicked

Damocles
09-01-2006, 09:52 PM
Sons Of William - Breaking My Back

Damocles
09-01-2006, 09:55 PM
Systematic - Leaving Only Scars

Sir Evil
09-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Enuff Z' Nuff ~ Fly High Michelle

Sir Evil
09-02-2006, 12:11 PM
Eternity X ~ Imaginarium

Sir Evil
09-02-2006, 12:33 PM
Diamond Head ~ Am I Evil

Damocles
09-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Godsmack - I Stand Alone

Damocles
09-02-2006, 03:49 PM
Beautiful Creatures - Save Me

Damocles
09-02-2006, 03:56 PM
Forty Foot Echo - Drift

klaatu
09-03-2006, 05:59 AM
"Guinevere" by Donovan

klaatu
09-03-2006, 06:01 AM
"Homeward Bound" by Simon and Garfunkel

charver
09-04-2006, 07:22 AM
We’re just receiving reports of an incident on a farm in Sussex, where a number of people have been arrested in connection with annoying the nation.

It is believed that the owner of the farm, a Mr Hibbert, has been co-operating with police and government officials, in a plot codenamed “Operation Less Pricks”, and kindly granted permission for the use of a 17th century tithe barn as a temporary holding place for those arrested.

Although not confirmed, we are led to understand that those already charged include

bus drivers who don’t wait for people to sit down before pulling away from the bus stop

taxi drivers who use their horns instead of knocking on the door

people who moan at the council about the streets being full of litter - not stopping to think that it is the people who drop litter, not the council

a room full of drama teachers listening to Bjork

grown men with replica shirts worn over their jumpers, who stand up and stretch out their arms when the opposing team fail to hit the target

an assortment of scriptwriters, novelists and playwrights who own Agas but don’t know how to use them

a musical equipment reviewer responsible for an article entitled “Microphone of the Month”

a woman who described herself as a little bit “Bridget”, a little bit “Ally”, a little bit “Sex and the City”, who chose to call her baby boy “Fred” as a childishly rebellious attempt at a clever reaction to those who might have expected her to call him Julian or Rupert. A bit of advice - call him Rupert - it fits. And besides, it’s a good name. Don’t be calling him Fred, or Archie, with all its cheeky but loveable working class scamp connotations - unless you really do have plans for him to spend his life in William Hill’s, waiting for them to weigh in at Newton Abbott

also being held is a whole wall full of teenagers spitting needlessly

an amateur thug in camouflage trousers, whose Japanese fighting dog had run amok on a Swindon council estate

a man from the record company, who said that George Michael continues to challenge social taboos through his music

Lisa Riley

continuity announcers introducing comedy shows

a pub band who get uppity when everyone goes to the bar during a song they’ve written themselves

a group of football fans referred to as “Commodores” - as in “Once, Twice, Three Times a Season”, who feed sugar lumps to police horses at cup finals

an artist who says his next album will be more “song-based”

a man who informs people that he gets up at six o’clock every morning, and seems to want a medal

people who say they “speak as they find”, and are somehow proud of it

journalists who try to spell an interviewee’s laugh

an organisation who declared an awareness week for awareness weeks
and a council worker who had dropped litter

Half Man Half Biscuit - 'Breaking News'

Damocles
09-04-2006, 09:04 AM
They are still looking for that Bloke what sings "You're Beautiful"...

charver
09-04-2006, 01:34 PM
They are still looking for that Bloke what sings "You're Beautiful"...

Very true.

If i were producing my own list of suspects, (that list is actually the lyrics) he'd be near the top.

Mmm...there may be an idea for a thread in there somewhere, if i ever get round to it.

Damocles
09-08-2006, 10:57 PM
Pink Floyd - On The Turning Away

klaatu
09-09-2006, 05:47 AM
"The Ballad of Jed Clampett" - Flatt & Scruggs dedicated to George W Bush

Damocles
09-09-2006, 03:54 PM
Cryptic Vision - In A World

Damocles
09-14-2006, 10:28 AM
Godsmack - Sick Of Life

Damocles
09-14-2006, 01:36 PM
Mark Chesnutt - She Dreams

bob
09-14-2006, 01:41 PM
one drop

BOB marley

charver
09-15-2006, 06:39 AM
I was rather taken aback to hear the dulcet warblings of none other than "The Hoff", on the old wireless, yesterday afternoon. He's apparently planning "Knight Rider: The Movie". I know, i can't wait either. A man can never get enough of the sight of a tanned, leather trousered chap hanging out with an impossibly effeminate talking car.

David Hasselhoff - 'Hot Shot City' is a paticularly good track.

Damocles
09-16-2006, 03:06 PM
Mahine Head - White Knuckle Blackout

Damocles
09-16-2006, 03:23 PM
Genesis - Can-Utility And The Coastliners

BRUTALITOPS
09-17-2006, 12:06 PM
mogwai - summer

no one cares about this thread, and no one ever pays attention to all THE COOL BANDS i listen to.

Mogwai people, Mogwai.

Damocles
09-28-2006, 06:16 AM
"My Cubicle" - Unknown...

To the tune of "You're Beautiful".

uscitizen
09-28-2006, 06:40 AM
sounds of PC fan....
with light overture of flourescent light hum....

LadyT
10-02-2006, 03:50 PM
"What a Wonderful World"
Louis Armstrong

Prakosh
10-02-2006, 05:02 PM
"Time Has Come Today"

Chambers Brothers

charver
10-02-2006, 08:19 PM
Another day another school shooting.

God and Guns, baby. What could possibly go wrong?

'Bang, Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)' - Nancy Sinatra

charver
10-05-2006, 03:54 AM
Nominees for this year's Turner Prize, the foremost award for modernist UK art, have been announced this week.

Previous winners include; Damien Hirst's Pickled Sheep, some pictures made out of elephant excrement, a room with a light going on and off and a transvestite potter with a penchant for powder blue baby doll dresses. Makes you proud to be British i can tell you, what?

Anyway this years nominees include:-
#A child moulded to the shape of Sicily
#A picture of a KKK meeting daubed with the Michael Barrymore catchphrase "Alwight"
#A 90 piece Wedgewood tea service in a series of compromising sexual positions
#The metaphysical concept of 'wrath'
and
#A sperm whale browsing through a copy of "Jizz" magazine surrounded by an array of toilet tissue

Results announced December 4th. Can't wait.

Cypress Hill - 'Insane in the Brain'

Damocles
10-05-2006, 06:09 AM
I'd vote for the Tea Service...

Prakosh
10-05-2006, 01:07 PM
"Country Boy"

by Heads, Hands and Feet

Damocles
10-05-2006, 01:08 PM
Biomechanical - No Shadows

Prakosh
10-05-2006, 01:13 PM
"Got No Shadows (Hiding in the Closet with Me)"

by Little Feet

Damocles
10-05-2006, 01:27 PM
Rage - Ghosts

klaatu
10-05-2006, 03:21 PM
"Time Has Come Today"

Chambers Brothers

good tune!

Heres a couple more ...

War -- Edwin Star and Ball of Confusion -- Temptations

Prakosh
10-05-2006, 03:23 PM
"Riff Raff"

Cat Mother & the All Night Newsboys

Prakosh
10-05-2006, 03:25 PM
good tune!

Heres a couple more ...

War -- Edwin Star and Ball of Confusion -- Temptations

Oh Yeah!!!

The best tune on the Chambers Brothers album is their version of "People Get Ready"!!!

TheDanold
10-06-2006, 11:06 PM
Sopranos Theme Song

charver
10-08-2006, 03:49 AM
Ah, the best time of the week has arrived on the doorstep like some godforsaken distant relative holding out a begging bowl and armed with a rather hefty suitcase.

Sunday mornings, eh? Don't you just love 'em?

Reminiscent of the Catholic concept of 'limbo', the Sunday morning is a strange beast. Is one awake? Difficult to tell as the mind wanders hither and, indeed, thither; drifting between hazy memories of a perfect Saturday night and excrutiating flashbacks of reality.

Mother, the revolver.

Tegan & Sarah - 'Walking with a Ghost'

Prakosh
10-08-2006, 10:08 PM
"Quadrant 4"

Billy Cobham

charver
10-17-2006, 02:23 AM
Three hundred million today, eh?

My, my, America you really have grown up haven't you? It seems only just the other day when you were a mere two hundred million. I know i'll be celebrating the milestone, at 11:46 GMT, like a crazed mental man. Sadly, in this time of suspicion and mutual mistrust accross the United States, a-whooping and a hollering, there will not be; the sky will not turn black with tossed hats. Lighten up and have a party you silly sausages.

Is Mr or Mrs 300 million going to be an ickle baby or a sombrero wearing cove, with a mean moustache? Who knows? Get to it people and you could beat the Chinese at their own game, what? Think of it, a billion Americans. Just the thought of it makes me want to say "Go f*** yourselves!" (in a good way, obviously)

Hot Club de Paris - 'Somtetimesitsbetternottostickbitsofeachotherintoe achotherforeachother'

klaatu
10-19-2006, 04:28 PM
"Maybe Im Amazed" -- Paul Mccartney

uscitizen
10-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Aqualung

Prakosh
10-20-2006, 10:50 AM
The Damned Don't Cry

John Coltrane

reverendlionelblair
10-22-2006, 10:38 AM
So this is where all you rock listening fags are hanging out.

Looks like a real sausage fest.

Coldplay - Yellow

klaatu
10-23-2006, 05:08 AM

Coldplay - Yellow

'bout time! Where you been?

"Riders on the Storm" The Doors

charver
10-23-2006, 06:45 AM

Coldplay - Yellow

Aha the Reverend returns; sweeter than bear meat, that's the dillio.

Feel free to whip out the old saveloy, Rev, and liberally apply all manner of sauce, some say gentlemen's relish, you painted harlot, you.

The Automatics - 'Monster'

Prakosh
10-23-2006, 07:00 AM
"If I Was President"
Wyclef Jean

AnyOldIron
10-23-2006, 08:39 AM
Sat in the office hating mondays?

Gotta be 'Echo Beach' by Martha and the Muffins

LadyT
10-23-2006, 11:07 AM
"If I Was President"
Wyclef Jean

Nice choice! I like that song.

"The Seed 2.0" by the Roots

Prakosh
10-23-2006, 12:13 PM
"Night Nurse"

Gregory Isaacs

Prakosh
10-23-2006, 01:31 PM
"One Drop"

Bob Marley & The Wailers

reverendlionelblair
10-23-2006, 01:53 PM
Easy Skanking - Bob Marley

Damocles
10-23-2006, 01:55 PM
Pink Floyd - Keep Talking

Prakosh
10-23-2006, 05:57 PM
"Ball & Chain" (at Monterey)

Janis Joplin

And if Janis don't bring a tear to your eye, you're heart's made of stone.

klaatu
10-24-2006, 04:57 PM
Crimson and Clover (the long version)- Tommy James and the Shondells .... one of the greatest psychedelic pop tunes ever .....

Prakosh
10-24-2006, 10:47 PM
Over and over...WOW!

"All Along the Watchtower"

Jimi Hendrix

Damocles
10-25-2006, 08:20 AM
Pink Floyd - The Hero's Return

Prakosh
10-25-2006, 08:59 AM
"War"

Edwin Starr

Damocles
10-25-2006, 09:01 AM
Pink Floyd - A Great Day for Freedom

Damocles
10-25-2006, 09:01 AM
It's a Pink Floyd day....

Prakosh
10-25-2006, 09:13 AM
"Ball of Confusion"

The Temps

charver
10-30-2006, 07:30 AM
It is difficult to put into words the joyousness of leaving a public house, of a dark winter evening, to be greetied with the heartwarming sight of a discarded football amongst the assorted flotsam and jetsom of an urban landscape.

Huzzah! indeed.

Add a pair of dreadful mates and the world is your oyster and no mistake. In your face Ronaldinhos.

The Holloways - 'Two Left Feet'

reverendlionelblair
11-05-2006, 07:36 AM
Similarly, there is nothing more satisfying than coming home on a cold bonfire night following fireworks food and drinks and curling up in front of Match of the Day to spit at Alan Shearer and smoke relaxing substances and drink beer.

Something about Mary - Wyclef

Prakosh
11-05-2006, 03:04 PM
"Redemption Song"

Bob Marley

Cancel7
11-05-2006, 03:43 PM
"Redemption Song"

Bob Marley

Don't you ever listen to anything good?

charver
11-06-2006, 07:41 PM
An almost full moon in the sky, a cool winter's night, a few cold drinks taken amongst men, a reason to be cheerful, a pint too many. Huzzah! What can one say? Mere words would only be superfluous.

To be honest, with you people of an American persuasion, the booze fairy has cast her little wand in my direction. The dirty whore that she is. Mmmmmm..dirty whores; more of them, please

Back to the point, you sly tricksters of the mind, attempting to sway me from my original purpose...whatever that was...ah yes.

My purpose.

In light of your forthcoming Mid-term elections (come on you blues! A vote for sanity) America...wake up, baby! Jurassic 5 (featuring the Dave Mathews Band) - 'Work It Out'

Prakosh
11-06-2006, 10:31 PM
"Charlie Don't Surf"

The Clash

reverendlionelblair
11-11-2006, 06:36 AM
Justin Timberlake - My Love

It's strangely catchy, particularly the squeaky bit which sounds like a demented laughing rabbit. It would be much better if JT wasnt singing in it but what can you do.

Prakosh
11-11-2006, 09:31 AM
"American The Beautiful/God Save The Queen"

Jimi Hendrix

Live at The Isle of Wight

BRUTALITOPS
11-11-2006, 03:52 PM
clap your hands say yeah - upon this tidal wave of young blood

charver
11-11-2006, 06:19 PM
Wahey! Americans aren't as stupid as we thought!

Yeah, i know. The sensible people of European ilk knew you didn't all vote for that...thing/chimp/ingrate. Still, now you've got a house and a senate full of blue people there's going to be a dramatic change...or...everything's going to be exactly the same with a little tweak here or there. A wise man may say, "people who voted for a stupid fucking war really shouldn't benefit from the fallout", but what's a few thousand American soldier's lives between friends, eh? Fuck 'em. That's the bunny!

Principles are ten a penny (or cents, i suppose) Just like backbones.

The Holloways - 'What's the Difference'

Damocles
11-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Garth Brooks - The Storm

charver
11-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Garth Brooks - The Storm

Now, i'm willing to admit that the donning of a hat (amen, praise the lord, honeychild) hides a multitude of sins, however, Garth Brookes, sir?

I have seen the aforementioned cove on the telly box and, to be perfectly honest, there's something not quite right about that chap (aside from elements revolving around the performance, of course)

He gives hats a bad name.

OrnotBitwise
11-11-2006, 08:52 PM
Wahey! Americans aren't as stupid as we thought!

Yeah, i know. The sensible people of European ilk knew you didn't all vote for that...thing/chimp/ingrate. Still, now you've got a house and a senate full of blue people there's going to be a dramatic change...or...everything's going to be exactly the same with a little tweak here or there. A wise man may say, "people who voted for a stupid fucking war really shouldn't benefit from the fallout", but what's a few thousand American soldier's lives between friends, eh? Fuck 'em. That's the bunny!

Principles are ten a penny (or cents, i suppose) Just like backbones.

The Holloways - 'What's the Difference'But can blue men sing the whites?

Shane MacGowan - That Woman's Got Me Drinkin'

charver
11-11-2006, 09:01 PM
But can blue men sing the whites?

Shane MacGowan - That Woman's Got Me Drinkin'

I really don't know about blue men singing the whites, but i knows what the opposition says...Redman - 'Let da Monkey Out'

Testify!

Damocles
11-11-2006, 09:03 PM
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Prakosh
11-12-2006, 12:56 AM
"Don't Look Back"

Them

Prakosh
11-12-2006, 01:07 AM
"What's Happening Brother"

Marvin Gaye

Prakosh
11-12-2006, 01:31 AM
"Across 110th Street"

Bobby Womack & Peace

Prakosh
11-12-2006, 03:17 AM
"Think"

James Brown and The Famous Flames

Battleborne
11-12-2006, 02:19 PM
Beach Boys...this is a song all far left politicals should be forced to listen to...they have forgotten what we are all about in the good ole' USA!

OrnotBitwise
11-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Beach Boys...this is a song all far left politicals should be forced to listen to...they have forgotten what we are all about in the good ole' USA!
See? Far right whack-jobs can't tell the difference between real patriotism and school spirit. This is why far right whack jobs shouldn't be considered adults.

Battleborne
11-12-2006, 03:12 PM
See? Far right whack-jobs can't tell the difference between real patriotism and school spirit. This is why far right whack jobs shouldn't be considered adults.

And what pray tell do yopu consider patriotism? Ya probably listen to Heavy Metal...so ya don't have to face reality...lol

Damocles
11-12-2006, 07:54 PM
Twisted Sister - Be Cruel To Your School

Prakosh
11-13-2006, 01:25 AM
"Dedication"

Gary U.S. Bonds

Prakosh
11-13-2006, 11:31 AM
"You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here"

Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention

Damocles
11-13-2006, 07:30 PM
Heroes - Shinedown

reverendlionelblair
11-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Symphony number 40 in G Minor: I molto allegro

Mozart

And I'm drinking coffee, and I've been out for brunch, bet none of you can beat that for ponciness (spelling?).

Sounds good though.

evince
11-26-2006, 01:19 PM
You got to believe, Dan Hicks

Battleborne
11-26-2006, 03:58 PM
'Mona' I need ya girl...lol

uscitizen
11-27-2006, 01:29 PM
Hot and bothered, Cinderella

Damocles
11-27-2006, 01:34 PM
Livin In Sin - Godsmack

uscitizen
11-27-2006, 01:39 PM
Judgement day, VanHalen

uscitizen
11-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Open Your Eyes, Yes

charver
11-27-2006, 06:02 PM
Symphony number 40 in G Minor: I molto allegro

Mozart

And I'm drinking coffee, and I've been out for brunch, bet none of you can beat that for ponciness (spelling?).

Sounds good though.

Rev, you big 'ol gay, you.

I have no alternative but to adopt the requisite northern stereotype, as i'm sure you understand, and say - "backs to the wall, lads, there's an iron hoof in the building, a wigan pier in sight, an uphill gardner doing the roses, an 'omo wantin' to do it up the bum and all that bidness"

That said, i'll feed my whippet make my excuses and go beat the wife. But first...some gravy on me yorkshire pud (although i'm sure you friends of Dorothy will construe that innocent remark in a downright filthy and insidious manner)"

The Rifles - 'Narrow Minded Social Club'

Damocles
12-01-2006, 10:36 AM
I saw a photo recently of Brittney Spears getting out of a Limo... It was slightly disturbing.

Twisted Sister - I'll Take You Alive

uscitizen
12-01-2006, 10:59 AM
Brittany IS disturbed, methinks....

Damocles
12-04-2006, 10:04 AM
GNR - Anything Goes

Flashback time!

Damocles
12-07-2006, 02:17 PM
My Name is Christmas Carol....

Hear it here... (http://www.minibite.com/christmas/christmascarol.htm)

LadyT
12-18-2006, 02:30 PM
NAS - HIP HOP IS DEAD

Best Hip Hop song of the year.

uscitizen
12-18-2006, 02:42 PM
That is not saying much....just my opinion though LadyT :)

Beefy
12-18-2006, 06:03 PM
3 Women on My Mind - Water's Rambler

LadyT
12-19-2006, 09:08 AM
That is not saying much....just my opinion though LadyT :)

LOL, well, its an instant classic. I want to try to go to the concert this weekend.

uscitizen
12-19-2006, 09:15 AM
Enjoy it LadyT. As long as I don't have to listen to it.

bob
12-21-2006, 09:11 AM
freind of the devil

greateful dead

OrnotBitwise
12-22-2006, 10:17 AM
Christmas Song

Jethro Tull

bob
12-22-2006, 11:09 AM
ounce around the block

badly drawn boy

uscitizen
12-22-2006, 12:49 PM
ounce around the block

badly drawn boy

Your avitars themesong ?

bob
12-23-2006, 11:08 AM
Your avitars themesong ?

lol... good call

Damocles
12-26-2006, 11:10 AM
Lynard Skynard - Free Byrd

bob
12-28-2006, 02:00 PM
rock steady

BOB marley

Beefy
01-04-2007, 11:23 PM
"Ruby" - Kenny Rogers

This is one of the most raw, heartfelt songs about a Vietnam vet. Beautiful tune.

Cancel7
03-30-2007, 07:36 AM
Since it's Friday, and I plan on listening to music all day long, I thought I'd bump up this thread.

Right now, "Son of a Preacher Man".

Dusty Springfield.

Sly and very sexy.

Cancel7
03-30-2007, 08:20 AM
"Maria"

Blondie.

She moves like she don't care
Smooth as silk
Cool as air
Oooh it makes you wanna’ cry
She doesn't know your name and your heart beats like a subway train
Oooh it makes you wanna’ die
Oooh don't you wanna’ take her?
Wanna' make her all your own?
Maria
You've gotta see her
Go insane and out of your mind
Maria
Ave Maria

I'm going to play by (I almost wrote "with) myself on this thread all day today.

Cancel7
03-30-2007, 08:44 AM
"I Shall be Released"

The Band.

Nothing more to say, because you have to listen to this song, no one can describe it. If you've never heard it, you must.

IHateGovernment
03-30-2007, 10:39 AM
Not listening to anything at the moment but three standout rap songs have been in my rotation lately.

Immortal Technique - The Point of No Return. ITs not your average rapper a peruvian born leftist.

With lyrics like
This is the point of no return and nobody can stop it
Malcolm little running up before Elijah Muhammad
The comet that killed the dinosaurs, changing the earth
They love to criticize they always say I change for the worse
Like prescription pills when you misusing them nigga
The templar knights when they took Jerusalem nigga
And figured out what was buried under Soloman's temple
Al Aqsa the name is no coincidental
I know too much to government is trying to murder me
No coming back like cutting your wrists open vertically
How could the serpant be purposely put in charge of the country
Genetic engineered sickness spread amongst me
My people are so hungry that they attack without reason
Like a fuckin' dog ripping off the hand that feeds him
Immortal Technique is treason to the patriot act
So come and get me mother fucker cause I'm not coming back

Jedi Mind Tricks. Another unusual rapper. Italian American rapper who converted to Islam from Philly guest stars Ra the Rugged man who recounts the story of his father's involvement in the Vietnam war.

Bang, bang, bullet hit my chest, feel no pain
To my left, the captain caught a bullet right in his brain
Body parts flying, loss of limbs, explosions
Bad intentions, I see my best friend's intestines
Pray to the one above, It's raining and I'm covered in mud
I think I'm dying, I feel dizzy, I'm losing blood
I see my childhood, I'm back in the arms of my mother
I see my whole life, I see Christ, I see bright lights
I see Israelites, Muslims and Christians at peace, no fights
Blacks, Whites, Asians, people of all types
I must have died, then I woke up, suprised I'm alive
I'm in a hospital bed, they rescued me, I survived
I escaped the war, came back
But ain't escape Agent Orange, two of my kids born handicapped
Spastic, quadriplegic, micro cephalic
Cerebral palsy, cortical blindness, name it they had it
My son died he ain't live, but I still try to think positive
Cause in life, God take, God give

And finally
Canibus - Poet Laureate Pt. II
I honestly feel that what Canibus writes is made just for me. Only the intelligentsia could understand the things he alludes to in his rhymes. References to things like Klein-Kaluze theory or the philosophy of David Hume are common place.

Alone in my room, looking thru the 32X telescope zoom
adjusting the focus of the moon
One should not assume the philosophy of David Hume
is nothing more then a subjective conclusion
What is the maximum field rate application?
the run away glaciation surrounding the ocean basin
affects the population fluctuation
on a continuous basis but that's just the basics
The juxtaposition of Canibus' position
the precision something no other has written
Way above and beyond what was intended
the unparalleled malleable enunciation of a sentence

Cancel7
03-30-2007, 10:50 AM
Not listening to anything at the moment but three standout rap songs have been in my rotation lately.

Immortal Technique - The Point of No Return. ITs not your average rapper a peruvian born leftist.

With lyrics like
This is the point of no return and nobody can stop it
Malcolm little running up before Elijah Muhammad
The comet that killed the dinosaurs, changing the earth
They love to criticize they always say I change for the worse
Like prescription pills when you misusing them nigga
The templar knights when they took Jerusalem nigga
And figured out what was buried under Soloman's temple
Al Aqsa the name is no coincidental
I know too much to government is trying to murder me
No coming back like cutting your wrists open vertically
How could the serpant be purposely put in charge of the country
Genetic engineered sickness spread amongst me
My people are so hungry that they attack without reason
Like a fuckin' dog ripping off the hand that feeds him
Immortal Technique is treason to the patriot act
So come and get me mother fucker cause I'm not coming back

Jedi Mind Tricks. Another unusual rapper. Italian American rapper who converted to Islam from Philly guest stars Ra the Rugged man who recounts the story of his father's involvement in the Vietnam war.

Bang, bang, bullet hit my chest, feel no pain
To my left, the captain caught a bullet right in his brain
Body parts flying, loss of limbs, explosions
Bad intentions, I see my best friend's intestines
Pray to the one above, It's raining and I'm covered in mud
I think I'm dying, I feel dizzy, I'm losing blood
I see my childhood, I'm back in the arms of my mother
I see my whole life, I see Christ, I see bright lights
I see Israelites, Muslims and Christians at peace, no fights
Blacks, Whites, Asians, people of all types
I must have died, then I woke up, suprised I'm alive
I'm in a hospital bed, they rescued me, I survived
I escaped the war, came back
But ain't escape Agent Orange, two of my kids born handicapped
Spastic, quadriplegic, micro cephalic
Cerebral palsy, cortical blindness, name it they had it
My son died he ain't live, but I still try to think positive
Cause in life, God take, God give

And finally
Canibus - Poet Laureate Pt. II
I honestly feel that what Canibus writes is made just for me. Only the intelligentsia could understand the things he alludes to in his rhymes. References to things like Klein-Kaluze theory or the philosophy of David Hume are common place.

Alone in my room, looking thru the 32X telescope zoom
adjusting the focus of the moon
One should not assume the philosophy of David Hume
is nothing more then a subjective conclusion
What is the maximum field rate application?
the run away glaciation surrounding the ocean basin
affects the population fluctuation
on a continuous basis but that's just the basics
The juxtaposition of Canibus' position
the precision something no other has written
Way above and beyond what was intended
the unparalleled malleable enunciation of a sentence

Wow, very interesting. I'll check these out on itunes. I'm always looking for new music and these are really interesting lyrics. I know nothing about rap.

Cancel7
03-30-2007, 10:53 AM
IHg you were so high-minded, and I'm so up today, I'm bouncing around in my seat. Sorry, I have to lowbrow it down again:

"Live with Me"

The Stones

Whoa, the servants theyre so helpful, dear
The cook she is a whore
Yes, the butler has a place for her
Behind the pantry door
The maid, shes french, shes got no sense
Shes wild for crazy horse
And when she strips, the chauffeur flips
The footmans eyes get crossed

Doncha think theres a place for you,
In between the sheets?
Come on now, honey
We can build a home for three
Come on now, honey
Dont you wanna live with me?

IHateGovernment
03-30-2007, 11:00 AM
It might be on ITunes don't know. The stuff isn't especially popular and is underground.

Most people's experience with rap music is limited to songs about objectifying women, and materialism.

LadyT
03-30-2007, 11:07 AM
Amy Winehouse -

Rehab They tried to make me go to rehab, I said, no, no, no
Yes, I been black, but when I come back, you'll know, know know
I ain’t got the time
And if my daddy thinks I’m fine
They's tryin' to make me go to rehab--I won’t go, go, go

I’d rather be at home with Ray
I ain’t got seventy days
Cos there’s nothing, there's nothing you can teach me
That I can’t learn from Mr. Hathaway

Didn’t get a lot in class
But I know it don’t come in a shot glass

Cancel7
03-30-2007, 11:08 AM
It might be on ITunes don't know. The stuff isn't especially popular and is underground.

Most people's experience with rap music is limited to songs about objectifying women, and materialism.

Yes, that's true.

I'll let you know if they're on itunes. I'll have to check when I get home, I can't now. But itunes has just about everything, except for the beatles, believe it or not. Or, any of the beatles even their solo work. Something to do with a big fight between apple and the beatles. It stinks. But I'll bet they will have this. I'll see.

LadyT
03-30-2007, 11:08 AM

What did you think about Nas' latest album? I love "hip hop is dead" we tried to see him at the electric factory a few months back but didn't get tix.

Cancel7
03-30-2007, 11:09 AM
Amy Winehouse -

Rehab They tried to make me go to rehab, I said, no, no, no
Yes, I been black, but when I come back, you'll know, know know
I ain’t got the time
And if my daddy thinks I’m fine
They's tryin' to make me go to rehab--I won’t go, go, go

I’d rather be at home with Ray
I ain’t got seventy days
Cos there’s nothing, there's nothing you can teach me
That I can’t learn from Mr. Hathaway

Didn’t get a lot in class
But I know it don’t come in a shot glass

Very cool, I think more people should post some of the lyrics, because it gives you an idea about songs you might never have heard before.

Damocles
03-30-2007, 11:15 AM
GNR - You're Crazy

IHateGovernment
03-30-2007, 11:17 AM
What did you think about Nas' latest album? I love "hip hop is dead" we tried to see him at the electric factory a few months back but didn't get tix.

didn't hear it yet but I loved God's Son. Nas is probably the best selling conscious rapper out there right now.

LadyT
03-30-2007, 11:41 AM

didn't hear it yet but I loved God's Son. Nas is probably the best selling conscious rapper out there right now.

You haven't heard hip is dead? I have to say I'm surprised. Anyway, I think its one of the best rap songs in a very long time.

IHateGovernment
03-30-2007, 11:43 AM
I've got a back log. I may even have it but haven't listened to it yet.

LadyT
03-30-2007, 01:14 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Music/03/30/music.winehouse.ap/index.html

speak of the devil! I just posted about Amy Winehouse's song and this story was on the front page of CNNs entertainment section

uscitizen
03-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Sigh no music today, barley have time to hit on here every now and again. Boss is off for a week and I have to cover...Darn job interfering with my fun time...

Damocles
03-30-2007, 02:59 PM
Alice Cooper - Steven
&
Alice Cooper - The Awakening

(They go together)

TRGLDTE
03-30-2007, 05:51 PM
Touch - The Fixx

OrnotBitwise
03-31-2007, 01:54 PM
Alice Cooper - Steven
&
Alice Cooper - The Awakening

(They go together)As the famous chef Vincent Price would tell you. ;)

Boney Fingers -- Hoyt Axton

Cypress
04-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Behind Blue Eyes
The Who

Man, I forgot how awesome the album "Who's Next" is. Post-1972 Who sucks....but, this was inspired stuff. It's in top 5 Rock Albums ever. To this day, if I really listen to the lyrics and music, it sends a shiver up my spine:

Behind Blue Eyes

No one knows what it's like
To be the bad man
To be the sad man
Behind blue eyes

To be hated
To be fated
To telling only lies

But my dreams
They aren't as empty
As my conscience seems to be

I have hours, only lonely
My love is vengeance
That's never free

To feel these feelings
Like I do
And I blame you

No one bites back as hard
On their anger
None of my pain and woe
Can show through

But my dreams
They aren't as empty
As my conscience seems to be

I have hours, only lonely
My love is vengeance
That's never free

When my fist clenches, crack it open
Before I use it and lose my cool
When I smile, tell me some bad news
Before I laugh and act like a fool

If I swallow anything evil
Put your finger down my throat
If I shiver, please give me a blanket
Keep me warm, let me wear your coat

To be the bad man
To be the sad man
Behind blue eyes

Cypress
04-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Prepare to be blown away, by some more, from "Who's Next"

Baba O'Riley

Out here in the fields
I fight for my meals
I get my back into my living
I don't need to fight
To prove I'm right
I don't need to be forgiven

Don't cry
Don't raise your eye
It's only teenage wasteland

Sally ,take my hand
Travel south crossland
Put out the fire
Don't look past my shoulder
The exodus is here
The happy ones are near
Let's get together
Before we get much older

Teenage wasteland
It's only teenage wasteland
Teenage wasteland
Oh, oh
Teenage wasteland
They're all wasted!

Damocles
04-07-2007, 04:32 PM
Pink Floyd - Hey You!

Cypress
04-07-2007, 04:37 PM
Sex Pistols
"God Save the Queen"

"God Save The Queen"

God save the queen-
The fascist regime
They made you a moron
Potential H-bomb

God save the queen
She ain't no human being
There is no future
And England's dreaming

Don't be told what you want
Don't be told what you need
There's no future, no future,
No future for you

God save the queen
We mean it man
We love our queen
God saves

God save the queen
'Cause tourists are money
And our figurehead
Is not what she seems

Oh God save history
God save your mad parade
Oh Lord God have mercy
All crimes are paid

When there's no future
How can there be sin
We're the flowers in the dustbin
We're the poison in your human machine
We're the future, you're future

God save the queen
We mean it man
We love our queen
God saves

Cypress
04-07-2007, 04:49 PM
"Pictures of You"
The Cure (aka, Best Song Ever-- By, Best. Band. Ever.)

"Pictures of You"
I've been looking so long at these pictures of
you that i almost belive that they're real
I've been living so long with my pictures of you that
i almost believe that the pictures are all i can
feel

remembering you standing quiet in the rain as
i ran to your heart to be near;
and we kissed as the sky fell in holding you close how i always
held close in your fear;
remembering you running soft through the night
you were bigger and brighter than the snow;