PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Is Still Pouting

krisy
08-28-2006, 08:39 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/08/28/D8JPNR480.html

All right now,I and a few family members on this board are from Ohio. The whining abut the election was just ignorant and for the most part ignored. Ken Blackwell,who is now running for governnor of Ohio, is a black man accused of supressing black votes. Get real people and take the loss like grown ups.

A little something to justify my thinking that there are problems and shit just happens somtimes when you go to vote...Republican or Democrat

My husband and I bought our house about 2 years 4 months ago. A couple of months before the last presidential election,we re registered to vote because of moving. They sent cards to our house,which was our current address. I even called an they had our new houses address in the computer. SO,everything is fine,right? WRONG. My husband,also a registered Republican,goes to vote and has no problem. I go to vote,and they cannot find my name. So I have to fill out this special ballot,and when they confirm my info,my vote will be counted, ten days after the election. Turns out,my name was still registered at my old address,which they figured out while I was there,but I had allready filled out my special ballot,so.....too late

Point is,I am a registered Repub and I had problems. Did Ken Blackwell try to screw me,a member of his party out of a vote by means of an evil conspiracy? Nope. Just a big election, and every state has it's problems.

Sir Evil
08-28-2006, 08:47 PM
The guy oughta be pouting, I mean being in the public eye with that rug job on his head would'nt you pout too?:cof1:

krisy
08-28-2006, 08:51 PM
The guy oughta be pouting, I mean being in the public eye with that rug job on his head would'nt you pout too?:cof1:

Yes I would. I would also pout if I had turned on my fellow soldiers and like a traitor,testified that they did horrible things in front of the whole country.

That chin is giving Jay Leno a run for his money too;)

Cypress
08-28-2006, 08:56 PM
I would also pout if I had turned on my fellow soldiers and like a traitor,testified that they did horrible things in front of the whole country.

Bush's own chairman of the Joint Chiefs agrees with Kerry

- General Franks on Kerry's Senate Testimony;

"I think we had a lot of problems in Vietnam. One was the lack of leadership of young people like in -- in John Kerry's position. He was a young officer over there, and I'm not sure that -- that activities like that didn't take place. In fact, quite the contrary. I'm sure that they did. ... I wouldn't say that the things that Senator Kerry said are undeniable about activities in Vietnam. I think that things didn't go right in Vietnam." (Hannity and Colmes, 8/3/2004)

http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=36569

Damocles
08-28-2006, 09:00 PM
They believe that if they get enough people believing that the elections were "stolen" it'll get out their base. It's a ploy just like the Gay Marriage thing for the Republicans. The more places they can get you to believe that somehow Democratic Run counties were overcome with the Loverbites for Bush and skimmed their votes the more Ds will get out to vote....

At least that is what they seem to believe to me.

Care4all
08-28-2006, 09:07 PM
i don't think that ANYONE that has read the GAO report or heard the senate hearing with live testimony could think that blackwell did not act inappropriately in the last election. sorry, i differ with you!

and people making comments like Damo's or yours krisy, and evil ,will never intimidate me, in to thinking otherwise. :D

care

krisy
08-28-2006, 09:09 PM
I would also pout if I had turned on my fellow soldiers and like a traitor,testified that they did horrible things in front of the whole country.

Bush's own chairman of the Joint Chiefs agrees with Kerry

- General Franks on Kerry's Senate Testimony;

"I think we had a lot of problems in Vietnam. One was the lack of leadership of young people like in -- in John Kerry's position. He was a young officer over there, and I'm not sure that -- that activities like that didn't take place. In fact, quite the contrary. I'm sure that they did. ... I wouldn't say that the things that Senator Kerry said are undeniable about activities in Vietnam. I think that things didn't go right in Vietnam." (Hannity and Colmes, 8/3/2004)

http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=36569

Doesn't matter to me what Franks thinks, just what I think. He has his opinion,I have mine. Just because he is affiliated with Bush,does not mean I will automatically agree with him.

Sir Evil
08-28-2006, 09:11 PM
and people making comments like Damo's or yours krisy, and evil ,will never intimidate me, in to thinking otherwise. :D

care

Who meeee? Hell I am certain bush was defeated twice already, but ya have to understand that the man is a god like creature, he magically had it all rigged!:cof1:

krisy
08-28-2006, 09:12 PM
i don't think that ANYONE that has read the GAO report or heard the senate hearing with live testimony could think that blackwell did not act inappropriately in the last election. sorry, i differ with you!

care

When did I give the impression that I am here to intimidate?!!! :BKick:

That isn't what I am here for!!!

Damocles
08-28-2006, 09:12 PM
I simply won't be "intimidated" into thinking every election is "stolen"...

I put forward thread after thread showing how there were actually more people registered to vote than actually lived in some of these highly Dem counties, but that is all ignored...

There are always irregularities in an election, but D counties do not fake election results against their candidates. They do control their own machines, they do control who gets in and how quickly... Our County Clerk would be so unelectable if she didn't have enough books to get more people into boxes than was happening in some of those places...

Yes, the number of machines thing was a problem, but mathematically set by the predecessor...

This whole idea that somehow all these D elected officials suddenly found love for bush and helped him steal an election is total hogwash...

Sir Evil
08-28-2006, 09:16 PM
Doesn't matter to me what Franks thinks, just what I think. He has his opinion,I have mine. Just because he is affiliated with Bush,does not mean I will automatically agree with him.

But Krisy people like mudflap have a hard time rendering opinions of their own, it's just easier to use someone elses to make a point. Funny though the Hannity&Colmes quote when he will swear it is the most biased news on earth.

Understand what you are dealing with here, if you express an opinion against a democrat you are a neocon, if you express an opinion against a republican, well then you get a pat on the back, there is no in between here so don't kill yourself expressing your own opinion on too many or you will confuse the hell out of them.:cof1:

krisy
08-28-2006, 09:19 PM
But Krisy people like mudflap have a hard time rendering opinions of their own, it's just easier to use someone elses to make a point. Funny though the Hannity&Colmes quote when he will swear it is the most biased news on earth.

Understand what you are dealing with here, if you express an opinion against a democrat you are a neocon, if you express an opinion against a republican, well then you get a pat on the back, there is no in between here so don't kill yourself expressing your own opinion on too many or you will confuse the hell out of them.:cof1:

Apparently your right brothaaaa!

Cypress
08-28-2006, 09:22 PM

Doesn't matter to me what Franks thinks, just what I think.

LOL
Of course it doesn't matter to you. Partisan blinders are like that.

Kerry fought for his country and is highly spoken of by General Tommy Franks, John McCain, John Warner, and other republican combat veterans.

You and breitbart.com are entitled to your partisan opinion of course

Sir Evil
08-28-2006, 09:23 PM
Apparently your right brothaaaa!

Yeah I usually am, thanks for the back pat though!:cof1:

Nah, but ya will see how it's hard to express an opinion without being judged for what side of the line ya walk. little do they know that I am a neoliberacrat!

Sir Evil
08-28-2006, 09:26 PM
LOL

Damocles where the hell is that smilies that is rolling on the ground cracking up?

partisan blinder? if that is not the biggest case of the pot calling the kettle black!

I'm convinced, this guy is the ultimate shitbrick! It's just palin don't get better than that.

krisy
08-28-2006, 09:30 PM
Doesn't matter to me what Franks thinks, just what I think.

LOL

Kerry fought for his country and is highly spoken of by General Tommy Franks, John McCain, John Warner, and other republican combat veterans.

You and breitbart.com are entitled to your partisan opinion of course

You aren't partisan at alllllll are you cypress?!!!!

The point is,I'm not so partisan that I will go along with something just because someone from the Bush adm says it....that would make me less than partisan,and someone who can think on her own:cheer:

Sir Evil
08-28-2006, 09:32 PM

The point is,I'm not so partisan that I will go along with something just because someone from the Bush adm says it....that would make me less than partisan,and someone who can think on her own:cheer:

Krisy, ya think he is partisan in his views? just look at his avatar, case closed!

Care4all
08-29-2006, 04:06 AM

I put forward thread after thread showing how there were actually more people registered to vote than actually lived in some of these highly Dem counties, but that is all ignored...

There are always irregularities in an election, but D counties do not fake election results against their candidates. They do control their own machines, they do control who gets in and how quickly... Our County Clerk would be so unelectable if she didn't have enough books to get more people into boxes than was happening in some of those places...

Yes, the number of machines thing was a problem, but mathematically set by the predecessor...

This whole idea that somehow all these D elected officials suddenly found love for bush and helped him steal an election is total hogwash...

blackwell was responsible for the distribution of voting machines for this past election, and in key democratic districts he issued 1 voting machine to every 5-10 voting machines per voting citizen, in less crowded republican districts....

this lead to 9 hour lines to vote...

that alone shows his incompetence, if not planned and calculated, sinister actions...

he should lose his job, let alone get a ''promotion'' to governor.....imo!!!

AnyOldIron
08-29-2006, 04:26 AM
Yes I would. I would also pout if I had turned on my fellow soldiers and like a traitor,testified that they did horrible things in front of the whole country.

Krisy, your moral compass must be broken.

If atrocities had been commited, would you rather that witnesses shut up and ignored the crimes?

Do you put petty nationalism above morality?

That is a pretty sad indictment.

Cancel7
08-29-2006, 05:10 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/08/28/D8JPNR480.html

All right now,I and a few family members on this board are from Ohio. The whining abut the election was just ignorant and for the most part ignored. Ken Blackwell,who is now running for governnor of Ohio, is a black man accused of supressing black votes. Get real people and take the loss like grown ups.

A little something to justify my thinking that there are problems and shit just happens somtimes when you go to vote...Republican or Democrat

My husband and I bought our house about 2 years 4 months ago. A couple of months before the last presidential election,we re registered to vote because of moving. They sent cards to our house,which was our current address. I even called an they had our new houses address in the computer. SO,everything is fine,right? WRONG. My husband,also a registered Republican,goes to vote and has no problem. I go to vote,and they cannot find my name. So I have to fill out this special ballot,and when they confirm my info,my vote will be counted, ten days after the election. Turns out,my name was still registered at my old address,which they figured out while I was there,but I had allready filled out my special ballot,so.....too late

Point is,I am a registered Repub and I had problems. Did Ken Blackwell try to screw me,a member of his party out of a vote by means of an evil conspiracy? Nope. Just a big election, and every state has it's problems.

This is how the bushites have gotten away with everything, everything. Oh, bush is issuing signing statements nullifying bills Congress has passed? SOMEONE ELSE DID IT TOO!!!!! Oh they did? Oh excuse me then while I back off.

Republicans systemically, and in ways that have actually been documented disenfranchised poor, and oftimes minority, democrats from their constitutional right to vote? WELL I MOVED ONCE AND THEY LOST MY NAME TOOOOOOO!!! Oh, they did? Oh excuse me, then it doesn't matter that this is systemic fraud. I totally back off.

There is a difference between systemic problems, and anecdotal problems. If you don't know the difference, you should read more.

Yes, just about everything anyone can do, has happened before. Often, very sparingly. For instance on the signing statements. Yes, other Presidents have used them. Sparingly. They probably were never right, but I would have to examine each one to see if their sole purpose was to nullify the entire bill they just signed. However, bush has used them systemically, and always to nullify the bill he just signed. But, SOMEONE ELSE DID IT TOOOOOO!

As our democracy gets flushed and someday our children ask, what happened to it, we can tell them, well, SOMEONE ESLE DID IT TOOOOOOO!

I have to add that your premise that because Blackwell is a black man, he would not disenfranchise other, idealogically opposed blacks, is an ignorant claim. That's been going on for a dog's age honey...

Cancel7
08-29-2006, 05:15 AM

Damo what in hell are you talking about??? The democrats did it! Just stop it.

Ohio is going dem this year. There's a small, evil part of me which hopes that the dems do the same thing, just so I can see you little weenies start to cry. I mean, the hypocrisy would be so entertaining. However, Democracy is more important to me, so I'll just be thankful that the corrupt repukes are getting their asses kicked out of Ohio, by the citizens of that state, and that maybe come 08, we can actually have an election.

And let's see then Damo, if the dem districts have so few voting machines that blacks have to wait in line all day to vote. You might actually have fooled yourself into believing that's the case.

If so, you're in for a surprise.

Damocles
08-29-2006, 06:14 AM
Once again, the formula used for machine placement was set in place by a predecessor, not by Blackwell. Clearly it needed tweaking, but making it all his fault is a bit overzealous...

Care4all
08-29-2006, 06:26 AM
Once again, the formula used for machine placement was set in place by a predecessor, not by Blackwell. Clearly it needed tweaking, but making it all his fault is a bit overzealous...

That's not true, show a link that says it was under someone elses control and show a link that they sent out the machines the same way they did the previous election...

and if they did that, WHY? why not in 4 years correct these districts being SHORTED SO DRASTICALLY and republican districts being flooded so drastically with voting machines.

He was the head of the elections in the state Damo!

Personally, I do not believe any elected official of the state should also head any particular party's election in the state...let alone a government official that is responsible for making everything involved in the election fair and balanced.

this is the only way to stop the rumor mills and also the corruption or possible corruption accusations regarding elections.

Damocles
08-29-2006, 06:36 AM
Personally, I do not believe any elected official of the state should also head any particular party's election in the state...let alone a government official that is responsible for making everything involved in the election fair and balanced.

this is the only way to stop the rumor mills and also the corruption or possible corruption accusations regarding elections.

I agree that any elected official should not be the head of a party's election, especially if they are the one responsible for a fair election...

I do not agree that an elected official does not have to follow rules set in motion by predecessors, if they did not there would be no need for Constitutions...

The whole mathematical formula was set up on the previous vote population rather than the current registration or expectation... It was a preset formula that the state had used for years. One of the main objections now is that Blackwell won't put in effect the specific plan that the Dems want him to for future elections, he tweaked the formula differently than they want him to. It's not hard to figure that out, type in formula machines blackwell and find all the stories about machine placement and how Blackwell "refuses to use our formula"...

Cypress
08-29-2006, 06:41 AM

krissy, you're displaying the very definition of blind partisanship.

Accussing Kerry of being a traitor for pointing out atrocities occured in vietnam, while giving General Tommy Franks a pass for saying the same thing. Presumably because tommy franks is a republican.

And you accused Dan Rather of treason in vietnam without a shred of evidence, even when you were asked to provide evidence.

Cypress
08-29-2006, 06:44 AM

I only saw long-lines in minority districts. Never in white middle and upper class districts.

Simply coincidence, and beauracratic bungling? Perhaps. Its possible there are other explanations.

Damocles
08-29-2006, 06:56 AM
I only saw long-lines in minority districts. Never in white middle and upper class districts.

Simply coincidence, and beauracratic bungling? Perhaps. Its possible there are other explanations.
Where was the record new registrations? Remeber the reports of those? Like I said the formula involved previous voting population (actual voters in those precincts who went to the polls) and did not consider new registration. It was how the formula was constructed...

Cypress
08-29-2006, 07:00 AM
Where was the record new registrations? Remeber the reports of those? Like I said the formula involved previous voting population (actual voters in those precincts who went to the polls) and did not consider new registration. It was how the formula was constructed...

Odd that the massive lines only seem to occur in Red states controlled by republicans. Ohio and Florida, for example.

I don't think the lines in minority districts were that bad in California and New York. But, I could be wrong. ;) I don't dismiss that there was some competent of bureacratic incompetence involved.

Care4all
08-29-2006, 07:03 AM
find all the stories about machine placement and how Blackwell "refuses to use our formula"...

And you think that proves SOMETHING in blackwell's favor? When he was WARNED THAT HE F-ED UP, and that he was not distributing them so that the people's vote of ohio would be counted and this absolves him somehow?

really?

Care4all
08-29-2006, 07:12 AM
Odd that the massive lines only seem to occur in Red states controlled by republicans. Ohio and Florida, for example.

I don't think the lines in minority districts were that bad in California and New York. But, I could be wrong. ;) I don't dismiss that there was some competent of bureacratic incompetence involved.

precisely cypress...logic has to come in to play at some point, ya know?

the districts effected drastically by this were all Democratic or darn near all democratic districts...are the repubs claiming that repubs did not add any new voters to their registration rolls out of the million new voters and that is why they were not shorted machines?

And who the HELL WOULD RUN the distribution of machines based on an election 4 years previously, when they were VERY AWARE THAT THEY ADDED 1 MILLION PEOPLE to the voters roll?

they have ABSOLUTE UPDATED INFO on all of the new voters and what districts they were adding new voters to....they use these rolls at the election polls to check off your name when you come in to vote.

He was INCOMPETANT as the secretary of state responsible to the people of ohio in making their vote count.

And you all put him up for a promotion...?

that is what sickens me about politics...

care

care

Damocles
08-29-2006, 07:15 AM

The record new registration were in the districts that this took place. The mathematical formula used the previous voting numbers. There were more than three times the regular number of voting in those districts causing the mathematical formula to create those lines....

You are being deliberate in actually ignoring what I have written so that you can pretend that I haven't stated anything.

Care4all
08-29-2006, 07:19 AM
Blackwell BRAGS about the million new registered voters that he helped get....record highs of new voters.

How can anyone with a BRAIN and RESPONSIBLE for the vote of the people of ohio being counted, NOT address this issue at the voting booth level?

Cypress
08-29-2006, 07:21 AM
The record new registration were in the districts that this took place. The mathematical formula used the previous voting numbers. There were more than three times the regular number of voting in those districts causing the mathematical formula to create those lines....

You are being deliberate in actually ignoring what I have written so that you can pretend that I haven't stated anything.

I was under the impression that there were many new registrants in New York and California too, were there didn't appear to be massive lines in minority districts.

I don't think it was just Ohio and Florida that had a big influx of new voters.

Damocles
08-29-2006, 07:25 AM
The issue had precedent in law. He had to use the formula that was presented. Of course I don't believe that he really had a problem with using it either. But the formula was written into law earlier. Simply pretending that he could do something different when it was what he was set to do is disingenuous. The law has been changed, but not to exactly what the Ds wanted so they complain on websites and blogs... This isn't going to be an issue in the next election the new formula takes registration into account.

This is one of those, "most people don't know about election laws and how this is done so we can cast doubt and make him look evil if we take advantage of it," tactics...

Our clerk has no recourse but to give us a certain amount of machines based on last election's voter population. Our state formula takes into account new residents as well as registration, theirs at the time didn't... He used the formula and they got the amount of machines that was proper for the amount of people who voted in the previous election as the law there told him. Just as our County Clerk has no other choice than to insure we have a certain amount of machines agreeable to those previous and current numbers so it was with him...

Now each County can purchase and keep extra machines, and large population Counties normally do, why these did not I cannot imagine.

Damocles
08-29-2006, 07:26 AM
I was under the impression that there were many new registrants in New York and California too, were there didn't appear to be massive lines in minority districts.

I don't think it was just Ohio and Florida that had a big influx of new voters.
The formulas for machines were different in those states. Each state runs a different election and has their own formulas for machine placement. In this case the formula was inadequate to new registration and has since been changed.

Cypress
08-29-2006, 07:37 AM
The formulas for machines were different in those states. Each state runs a different election and has their own formulas for machine placement. In this case the formula was inadequate to new registration and has since been changed.

I understand your point that the "formulas were different".

I still can't understan why there were such huge problems with lines in minority districts in Ohio and Florida, but evidently not so much in New York and California (although, I could be wrong).

Everyone had much higher voter turnout. Is it just conincidence that the massive lines were more evident in Red States? Are california and new york simply more competent than ohio and florida?

these are legitimate questions.

And the bottom line is, whether intentional or not, there have been and are more barriers to easy voting for minorities. This is a major problem that needs to be addressed.

Damocles
08-29-2006, 07:42 AM
The larger populations made it so they had this problem previously and therefore created new formulas to better serve their populace. Usually because of lawsuits.

In this case they corrected it without lawsuits, the new formulas take into account registration and new residence unlike the old ones.

Gaffer
08-29-2006, 07:43 AM
I don't think there will be any change in party controll in Ohio this year. 04 had a very good turn out and there were the usual voting problems. On election day I can only speak for what I saw. Butler county had no lines to speak of any where. While Warren county had long lines with people standing outside. Warren is a republican county. affluent area as well. So Blackwell must have missed that one.

There is just as much fraud on the demcrat side in any election as there is on the republican. I agree with dema that the elections need to be monitored by a non partisan non elected official.

After election day it wil be interesting to see the dems reaction when they don't do any better than they are now. If they lose the house and senate again they are going to go completely nuts.

Care4all
08-29-2006, 07:51 AM
I think it is impossible for the Dems to lose the house change over....but knowing them, they will find a way to try to lose it! :(

Trinity
08-29-2006, 07:52 AM
I also had no problem in Ohio with long lines. I was in Brown County and there were no lines there I was in and out with no problem at all.

Care4all
08-29-2006, 07:53 AM
The larger populations made it so they had this problem previously and therefore created new formulas to better serve their populace. Usually because of lawsuits.

In this case they corrected it without lawsuits, the new formulas take into account registration and new residence unlike the old ones.

There were LAW SUITS all over the place by the people, regarding this if memory serves?

krisy
08-29-2006, 08:01 AM
I have never seen lines,or heard of lines from anyone I know.

To get back to the personal responsibility issue that we all love so much,there were A LOT of people showing up at the polls very late...after they were closed. Then they cried they didn't get to vote. If everyone else can get their on time,why couldn't they? That was a big issue as well. It wasn't because they stood in line...it was because they showed up an hour after the polls closed.

Damocles
08-29-2006, 08:18 AM
There were LAW SUITS all over the place by the people, regarding this if memory serves?
Yes, but most were dismissed as changes were taking effect as the lawsuits were being filed. The lawsuits of this kind are usually to force change.

Cypress
08-29-2006, 08:30 AM

To get back to the personal responsibility issue that we all love so much,there were A LOT of people showing up at the polls very late...after they were closed. Then they cried they didn't get to vote. If everyone else can get their on time,why couldn't they? That was a big issue as well. It wasn't because they stood in line...it was because they showed up an hour after the polls closed.

Then you don't have a television in your house.

Damocles
08-29-2006, 08:36 AM
We had lines at ours... In fact there were three precincts in our voting area. Ours was the only one with a line that went outside the door...

We had more machines for this election than the last (I know this as I am an Elections Supervisor)... This was because of the formulas that are used for machine placement.

Our lines didn't cause any wait as long as those faced in Ohio, thankfully our formulas were slightly better than theirs and the machines were better distributed...

I don't begrudge them the get out the vote thing, each party does it. When "fraud" is found in places like Washington State huge rallying cries are sent out to get out R vote... When it is "found" in an R state, or when one can make it seem like it was there the Ds will take advantage. This is all a part of politics and has been since long before we got here.

I just realize how elections are run, and that the likelihood of actual fraud is very slim indeed.

Cypress
08-29-2006, 08:39 AM
It wasn't just Dems who complained about voter disenfranchisment in Ohio.

Its was also the Libertarian Party, and their candidate Badnarik:

Joint Statement by David Cobb and Michael Badnarik, the 2004 Green and Libertarian presidential candidates:

"Due to widespread reports of irregularities in Ohio's voting process, we are compelled to demand a recount of the Ohio presidential vote," the two candidates said in a joint statement. "Voting is at the heart of the American political process and its integrity must be preserved. When Americans stand in line for hours to exercise their right to vote, they need to know that their votes will be counted fairly and accurately. We are acting to protect the rights of the people of Ohio, and the rights of all Americans. Public trust in the democratic process is at stake."

The candidates also demanded that Ohio Secretary of State Kenneth Blackwell, a Republican who chaired the Ohio Bush campaign, recuse himself from the recount process.

Ohio's election proceedings were marred by numerous press and independent reports of voter intimidation, mis-marked and discarded ballots, problems with electronic voting machines and disenfranchisement -- apparently by design -- of African-American voters.

http://www.gp.org/press/pr_11_11_04.html

Care4all
08-29-2006, 08:53 AM

they have a "cut off" person in the line when the polls are suppose to close, this prevents those from getting in line after the official closedown time of the vote.

It was all over the tv, all of the very long lines, even past midnight I thought at some of them...

fyi
There is footage of this on the internet that can be found of the news coverage...

Damocles
08-29-2006, 08:59 AM
Right, you mark the queue. At 7:00 PM you send somebody to stand at the end of the line to mark the queue. Anybody coming after polls close cannot vote they were too late.

Damocles
08-29-2006, 09:00 AM
It wasn't just Dems who complained about voter disenfranchisment in Ohio.

Its was also the Libertarian Party, and their candidate Badnarik:

Joint Statement by David Cobb and Michael Badnarik, the 2004 Green and Libertarian presidential candidates:

"Due to widespread reports of irregularities in Ohio's voting process, we are compelled to demand a recount of the Ohio presidential vote," the two candidates said in a joint statement. "Voting is at the heart of the American political process and its integrity must be preserved. When Americans stand in line for hours to exercise their right to vote, they need to know that their votes will be counted fairly and accurately. We are acting to protect the rights of the people of Ohio, and the rights of all Americans. Public trust in the democratic process is at stake."

The candidates also demanded that Ohio Secretary of State Kenneth Blackwell, a Republican who chaired the Ohio Bush campaign, recuse himself from the recount process.

Ohio's election proceedings were marred by numerous press and independent reports of voter intimidation, mis-marked and discarded ballots, problems with electronic voting machines and disenfranchisement -- apparently by design -- of African-American voters.

http://www.gp.org/press/pr_11_11_04.html
Okay, if you are another party and believe you can gain ground because of a perceived problem then you use it. Ds and Rs do it all the time.

krisy
08-29-2006, 10:10 AM

Actually,I have 4 of them....all with cable so I can tune in to FOx news,a favorite among Liberals:cof1:

Bottom line is,there are problems in every state. You are foolish if you think there aren't. Ohio was a hot button state in the last election and every little fart let was reported by the media.