PDA

View Full Version : World Series Rush Part Duex

Damocles
10-23-2007, 09:28 AM
http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20071022&content_id=2276739&vkey=pr_col&fext=.jsp&c_id=col

10/22/2007 10:20 PM ET
World Series tickets on sale at noon Tuesday

After suspending the sale of World Series tickets Monday afternoon, the Colorado Rockies announced that the tickets for the three games scheduled to be played at Coors Field will again be put on sale online only at noon on Tuesday, Oct. 23. Fans will once again be directed to the Rockies Web site at www.coloradorockies.com.

"It's been an extremely frustrating day for our fans and the entire Rockies' organization," said Keli McGregor, Rockies team president. "Our Web site, and ultimately our fans and our organization, were the victim of an external, malicious attack that shut down the system and kept our fans from being able to purchase their World Series tickets. Throughout the day we've evaluated all of our options, and we continue to believe that the online sale approach is the most fair and equitable method to distribute the tickets. Our partners at MLB.com and Paciolan have fully assessed the situation and assured us that tomorrow's online sale will go as originally planned."

Thorn
10-23-2007, 10:45 AM
I read today on MSNBC that the team has suggested yesterday's problem was caused by a malicious hacker. Any likely truth to that?

uscitizen
10-23-2007, 10:46 AM
Hmm and Damo was in there.....

Damocles
10-23-2007, 10:59 AM
I read today on MSNBC that the team has suggested yesterday's problem was caused by a malicious hacker. Any likely truth to that?
No, it was caused by incompetence. Simply not enough server power for the demand.

Damocles
10-23-2007, 12:19 PM
If it were a "malicious attack" then it is happening again...

This truly is teh suxor...

uscitizen
10-23-2007, 01:27 PM
So those Better deals are not always better deals ?
:D

The rocky Rockets might have good players, butt the management seems to suck.

BRUTALITOPS
10-23-2007, 04:50 PM
i might be flying out to Colorado this weekend for a game details to follow.

Damocles
10-23-2007, 08:00 PM
i might be flying out to Colorado this weekend for a game details to follow.
Cool. If you come, let's hit a bar.

Damocles
10-23-2007, 08:10 PM
So, my sister gets tickets, but only buys 2 for each game...

I said, "Duh! You should have bought 4 and sold the other two, it would have paid for your tickets, beer, a week in England to celebrate the sweep, and an illegal immigrant to carry your luggage!"

Girls don't know anything about sports.