PDA

View Full Version : Katherine Harris seperation of church and state a lie.

robdastud
08-28-2006, 05:53 AM
The Republican candidate for U.S. Senate also said that if Christians are not elected, politicians will "legislate sin," including abortion and gay marriage.

Separation of church and state is "a lie we have been told," Harris said in the interview, published Thursday, saying separating religion and politics is "wrong because God is the one who chooses our rulers."

"If you're not electing Christians, then in essence you are going to legislate sin," Harris said.

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., who is Jewish, told the Orlando Sentinel that she was "disgusted" by the comments.

"Congresswoman Harris encourages Americans from all walks of life and faith to participate in our government," said a brief statement from the Harris campaign. "She continues to be an unwavering advocate of religious rights and freedoms."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,210630,00.html

uscitizen
08-28-2006, 06:47 AM
because God is the one who chooses our rulers."
//
God chose GWB ??? I guess the miracle of the hanging chad .... LOL

uscitizen
08-28-2006, 06:48 AM
Will Catherine Harris become the patron saint of chad ?

robdastud
08-28-2006, 06:49 AM
i wonder if she will curse god for not choosing her!! lol

Damocles
08-28-2006, 06:52 AM
i wonder if she will curse god for not choosing her!! lol
Nah, Job-style woe is me suffering is the direction she'll go...

;)

robdastud
08-28-2006, 06:53 AM
maybe she should talk w/ Joe LIEberman....

Cypress
08-28-2006, 07:10 AM
"If you're not electing Christians, then in essence you are going to legislate sin," Harris said.

She's desparate. Isn't she losing to Nelson 60% to 25%, or something?

robdastud
08-28-2006, 07:12 AM
cypress but florida isn't THAT much of a Relg. Right state... i mean sure Klaatu lives there, but its not like 'the south'

Cypress
08-28-2006, 07:13 AM
cypress but florida isn't THAT much of a Relg. Right state... i mean sure Klaatu lives there, but its not like 'the south'

She was THE republican hero of the 2000 election. Republicans loved her. I wonder what happened?

evince
08-28-2006, 07:14 AM
This woman is going to bust wide open on the vote fraud one of these day!

She is going insane

evince
08-28-2006, 07:15 AM
a tell all katherine Harris book would be real profitable and she would get the attentin she sooo craves from the media

Damocles
08-28-2006, 07:18 AM
She was THE republican hero of the 2000 election. Republicans loved her. I wonder what happened?
Why would what she did during that time make her good Senate material? I'll always remember that horrible makeup... I mean, *whew*...

Cypress
08-28-2006, 07:20 AM
Why would what she did during that time make her good Senate material? I'll always remember that horrible makeup... I mean, *whew*...

I don't even think its the makeup. Ever seen her on cspan, or somewhere else, where she's unscripted? She seems totally fake and disingenous.

Damocles
08-28-2006, 07:22 AM
Our local state rep is that way. I can't see how she keeps getting elected. I'm pretty sure it's because she is running as an R in our area and nobody runs against her... she totally fakes it about the religious crap and she's a terrible actor and makes it obvious.

robdastud
08-28-2006, 07:24 AM
Our local state rep is that way. I can't see how she keeps getting elected. I'm pretty sure it's because she is running as an R in our area and nobody runs against her... she totally fakes it about the religious crap and she's a terrible actor and makes it obvious.

this is different from anyone else in CO by?????

Damocles
08-28-2006, 07:28 AM
this is different from anyone else in CO by?????
LOL. Most of them are honest when they are overtly religious. Tancredo doesn't even pretend to be SuperChristian...