PDA

View Full Version : World Trade Center Movie

robdastud
08-28-2006, 05:21 AM
Stupid, don't go see it waste of money... it was mostly about these 2 cops trapped under the rubble and this guy from Connecticut who is a marine (and partially nuts) goes to WTC to rescue them, i won't give the outcome if you want to see it but i thought it was lame-o

Cancel7
08-28-2006, 05:35 AM
Stupid, don't go see it waste of money... it was mostly about these 2 cops trapped under the rubble and this guy from Connecticut who is a marine (and partially nuts) goes to WTC to rescue them, i won't give the outcome if you want to see it but i thought it was lame-o

Ok. I was kind of planning on skipping it, and now I defintely will. I haven't heard any buzz about it, and don't even know people who have seen it, or say they want to see it. Weird. Must be bad word of mouth.

robdastud
08-28-2006, 05:47 AM
i think it got good reviews.

Damocles
08-28-2006, 06:14 AM
Yeah, all my friends that have seen it say it was one awesomely powerful flick... So far one bad review about 10 great reviews. I'll probably go see it soon.

LadyT
08-28-2006, 06:20 AM
eh......I have no desire to see any of the 9/11 movies. I'll watch documentaries, but I don't know if I'm quite ready for a hollywoodian take on it yet.

maineman
08-28-2006, 06:20 AM
I see that "movie" in my nightmares to this day...why in the world would I want to go see it on the big screen?

Cypress
08-28-2006, 06:43 AM
Maybe in twenty years, a good movie could be made about 9/11 in retrospection.

For now, why are we celebrating and obsessing about defeat? I don't mean to sound like a war monger, but 9/11 was in essence a major military defeat for the united states. The dead of that horrible event should be remember by tasteful monuments, and moments of quiet respectuful retrospection on the anniverseary.

But, from the waving of the torn flag from the WTC at the 2002 winter olympics, to the over-the-top publice memeroial ceremonials, to this movie is just ridiculous. Its celebrating defeat. Its narcissistic.

FDR and Truman and the american public. were certainly never this narcissistic about pearl harbor.

Damocles
08-28-2006, 06:50 AM
We are obsessing about a rallying cry. It wasn't just a "defeat" it was a central theme that united Americans toward one goal. There are many who wish to have that united feeling again.

Cypress
08-28-2006, 06:54 AM
We are obsessing about a rallying cry. It wasn't just a "defeat" it was a central theme that united Americans toward one goal. There are many who wish to have that united feeling again.

It must be the oprah winfrey generation that needs over-the-top celebration of disasters and military defeats. I don't deny that tasteful monuments and quiet reflection are appropriate.

To me, its over-the-top. Like I said, in twenty years maybe a good movie could be made. For now, its narcissistic. I cringed, at the waving of the torn flag at the 2002 olympics.

And I think you underestimate americans. Americans didn't need Oprah Winfrey style narcissism to "rally" them after pearl harbor.

Damocles
08-28-2006, 06:57 AM
I didn't say "need" I said "wish"... For a moment they remember how it was when almost unanimously we were actually united for some it is a powerful moment.

robdastud
08-28-2006, 06:58 AM
I didn't say "need" I said "wish"... For a moment they remember how it was when almost unanimously we were actually united for some it is a powerful moment.

actually no we weren't remember FAlwell... it was the gays and feminists fault.

Damocles
08-28-2006, 06:59 AM
actually no we weren't remember FAlwell... it was the gays and feminists fault.
I said "almost unanimously" not unanimously.

Sir Evil
08-28-2006, 07:08 AM
Maybe in twenty years, a good movie could be made about 9/11 in retrospection.

For now, why are we celebrating and obsessing about defeat? I don't mean to sound like a war monger, but 9/11 was in essence a major military defeat for the united states. The dead of that horrible event should be remember by tasteful monuments, and moments of quiet respectuful retrospection on the anniverseary.

Shut up mudlap, and take off the panties for a change! Explain how 911 was a defeat, and a military one at that? what a total tool........

maineman
08-28-2006, 07:10 AM
it was a failure of our intelligence services.... and Dubya not only did not FIRE the heads of those services, he gave 'em fucking medals!

robdastud
08-28-2006, 07:14 AM
though the movie did point on W's 7 minutes reading my pet goat to school children while New Yorkers were jumping 100 stories to their death.

Sir Evil
08-28-2006, 07:16 AM
It was a bunch of dirtbag coward that took over commercial flights, and flew them into buldings. There was no military for to be defeated at this time. Now if you wanna get into intelligence and all that good stuff, and how it was all bush's fault fine, but lets not be silly about it and talk how it was a military defeat!
Next thing ya know you will be telling me how you were once the heavy weight champ of the world because you showed up ringside to a fight were the champ was'nt!

Cypress
08-28-2006, 07:17 AM
though the movie did point on W's 7 minutes reading my pet goat to school children while New Yorkers were jumping 100 stories to their death.

I've been told that Bush ONLY had two options:

1) Read to children and keep them calm.

or

2) Run around waving his arms above his head, like a madman, screaming "run for your lives you little fuckers! We're all gonna die!"

There were no other options for bush.

;)

evince
08-28-2006, 07:29 AM
yeah 911 was an American triumph......HUH?

evince
08-28-2006, 07:30 AM
I've been told that Bush ONLY had two options:

1) Read to children and keep them calm.

or

2) Run around waving his arms above his head, like a madman, screaming "run for your lives you little fuckers! We're all gonna die!"

There were no other options for bush.

;)

ROTFLMAO!

evince
08-28-2006, 07:32 AM
It was a bunch of dirtbag coward that took over commercial flights, and flew them into buldings. There was no military for to be defeated at this time. Now if you wanna get into intelligence and all that good stuff, and how it was all bush's fault fine, but lets not be silly about it and talk how it was a military defeat!
Next thing ya know you will be telling me how you were once the heavy weight champ of the world because you showed up ringside to a fight were the champ was'nt!

that is like calling the kamakasis in ww2 cowards!

what ever they were they were cowards dont sacrafice their own lives!

you are still stuck on bush mind bend talking points!

Sir Evil
08-28-2006, 07:37 AM
that is like calling the kamakasis in ww2 cowards!

what ever they were they were cowards dont sacrafice their own lives!

you are still stuck on bush mind bend talking points!

Desh - see the problem within most arguments here is simply picking sides, I am hardly speaking for anyone except myself when I post an opinion. Unlike the point you make about them being non cowards for sacrificing their own lives, were did ya get a thought like that from, Bill Maher?

You wanna make em' to be anything more than what they were, feel free! My point was for mudflap to explain how it is a military victory, and feel free to give an explanation yourself.

And yes, I think the japs were as cowardly as this bunch!

Sir Evil
08-28-2006, 07:38 AM
yeah 911 was an American triumph......HUH?

See what I mean desh? fantastic exapmle of how this is a military defeat!

evince
08-28-2006, 07:59 AM
only propaganda minded people see their advisary as living under different rules of life than them.

The soldiers who have sacraficed their lives in any war on any side are NOT cowards!

You can say they were led astray , brainwashed ,Lied too or whatever you want but to call them cowards is to call any soldier of ours a coward.

When bill Maher lost his show for trying to point out the INSANE sheeple thought that was being fed to us by this government I KNEW we were in alot of trouble.
People unwilling to question their government are SHEEPLE!

If you want to pretend NO ONE butr Americans can display heroics (even for a idiotic misconcieved idea) than you are not an honest or rational person and its the likes of you who should be held intirely responmsible for the IDOTIC pack of lies that got our heros killed in this war.

You see its been proven we were lied too, by idiotic misconcieved assholes yet our soldiers who scaraficed themselfs are STILL HEROS!!!!

Sir Evil
08-28-2006, 08:05 AM
only propaganda minded people see their advisary as living under different rules of life than them.

The soldiers who have sacraficed their lives in any war on any side are NOT cowards!

Ok, I can see how terrorists can be considered soldiers....:rolleyes:

You can say they were led astray , brainwashed ,Lied too or whatever you want but to call them cowards is to call any soldier of ours a coward.

When bill Maher lost his show for trying to point out the INSANE sheeple thought that was being fed to us by this government I KNEW we were in alot of trouble.
People unwilling to question their government are SHEEPLE!

LOL, I kinda figured that is where that came from.

If you want to pretend NO ONE butr Americans can display heroics (even for a idiotic misconcieved idea) than you are not an honest or rational person and its the likes of you who should be held intirely responmsible for the IDOTIC pack of lies that got our heros killed in this war.

You see its been proven we were lied too, by idiotic misconcieved assholes yet our soldiers who scaraficed themselfs are STILL HEROS!!!!

Well go ahead and talk assholes all ya want, call terrorists soldiers, call Bill Maher a brilliant guy, and last but not least this was an excellent post ya meade here as to how it was all a military defeat! I think I can make my own conclusion who is a misconcieved asshole......