PDA

View Full Version : Auto-merge Feature...

Damocles
01-13-2014, 01:15 PM
Should I keep it or dump it?

Again, please vote seriously. I personally don't care if there are seven posts in a row by somebody... but vote for how you, yourself think it should be.

evince
01-13-2014, 01:17 PM
its fine with me.

I know my posting style bugs some people .

I don't know why they think it harms anything but its just how I think.

I think something so I type it and post it

then another thought runs through my mind so I post it.

I talk that way too

Damocles
01-13-2014, 01:18 PM
Well, it never bothered me, Desh. But it seemed to bother others. If you don't mind it, and others like it, I'll keep it. But it won't hurt my feelings to make it go away.

jimnyc
01-13-2014, 01:22 PM
Many people I have come across over the years would abuse this ability as a way to increase their post count. This eliminates that. I don't see why anyone would complain about multiple posts becoming one. The board/threads will look much smoother without any one member making many posts in a row.

Jarod
01-13-2014, 01:27 PM
I don't like the merge, because often topics that are slightly different are merged because a moderator cant see that the threads are in fact different.

Damocles
01-13-2014, 01:29 PM
I don't like the merge, because often topics that are slightly different are merged because a moderator cant see that the threads are in fact different.

This doesn't merge threads, Jarod. Only replies by one person in one thread.

Jarod
01-13-2014, 01:31 PM
This doesn't merge threads, Jarod. Only replies by one person in one thread.

Sorry, I guess I don't know what the merge thread feature is. Disregard my vote.

jimnyc
01-13-2014, 01:32 PM
Sorry, I guess I don't know what the merge thread feature is. Disregard my vote.

Say someone makes 5 posts in a row in a thread within a minute or so - this merges them together as if they made just one post.

Jarod
01-13-2014, 01:36 PM
Say someone makes 5 posts in a row in a thread within a minute or so - this merges them together as if they made just one post.

Oh, I see. I have not noticed it being used.

I guess Id say dump it, because a poster might have a good reason for separating them.

cancel2 2022
01-13-2014, 01:46 PM
its fine with me.

I know my posting style bugs some people .

I don't know why they think it harms anything but its just how I think.

I think something so I type it and post it

then another thought runs through my mind so I post it.

I talk that way too

Of course it may have something to do with the fact that you are incapable of using the editor or the quote feature.

evince
01-13-2014, 01:48 PM
I don't really dig computer shit.

I am here because its the best place in the world to discuss politics

BRUTALITOPS
01-13-2014, 02:05 PM
test

BRUTALITOPS
01-13-2014, 02:09 PM
I think you should provide more info on the specific parameters, cause I don't really know how it functions atm

- what's the min number of posts it will merge? Will it merge a double post, or does it need to reach a certain threshold?

- What is the timespan for when it will merge posts?

Damocles
01-13-2014, 02:12 PM
I set a two minute limit, for now. It automatically merges posts in the thread made by the same person if somebody else hasn't posted between them.

Damocles
01-13-2014, 02:13 PM
So, if I add to what I said in another post it just merges into the next one... like this.

Damocles
01-13-2014, 02:13 PM
Apparently we are immune. LOL

BRUTALITOPS
01-13-2014, 02:16 PM
this will screw up future werewolf games O_O

BRUTALITOPS
01-13-2014, 02:19 PM
2 minutes is a long time in a rapid fire thread. it might get confusing if multiple separate sentences are being merged together.

Damocles
01-13-2014, 02:20 PM
As I said, I can always change it during special circumstances.

canceled.2021.1
01-13-2014, 02:33 PM
I bet most people won't know the difference and it will take care of Desh's crapflooding.

Speaking of Wereeolf? Aren't we do for a game?

A) it was really fun
B) it seems to annoy the shit out of Desh

Win win in my book

USFREEDOM911
01-13-2014, 04:16 PM
Apparently we are immune. LOL

But what happens, if I answer you?

- - - Updated - - -

this will screw up future werewolf games O_O

And then answer Karma?

- - - Updated - - -

Especially if it's two different subjects.

canceled.2021.1
01-13-2014, 05:40 PM
Wonder if it works

canceled.2021.1
01-13-2014, 05:41 PM
Does it work

Minister of Truth
01-13-2014, 06:16 PM
I like it, because I frequently make a post and then think of something I'd like to add. Now I can just post it and not have to use the edit feature.

-----------Merged------------

Or make a separate post.

christiefan915
01-13-2014, 06:25 PM
Now that I've seen it in action for an hour... I hate it.

Minister of Truth
01-13-2014, 06:29 PM
That's

Because

You

Suck

Christie

Also

I

:loveu:

Phantasmal
01-13-2014, 06:29 PM
I don't mind it and I like the JPP mobile too, good job, I just need to figure out the features, buttons, etc

Minister of Truth
01-13-2014, 06:30 PM
Wallnuts!!

BRUTALITOPS
01-13-2014, 06:49 PM
But what happens, if I answer you?

- - - Updated - - -

And then answer Karma?

- - - Updated - - -

Especially if it's two different subjects.

this is cool. i might take back my no vote. the only downside now is when I quote you I get the --- updated --- , which sucks. BUT i dont think I would have gotten the posts you quoted anyway. so hm.

BRUTALITOPS
01-13-2014, 06:51 PM
I changed my mind, I think I like this. the other thing to keep in mind is most people will seldom have 6 posts all in a row

/MSG/
01-13-2014, 06:56 PM
Honestly it's annoying to me, so I voted against it. But that might be me not liking change.

USFREEDOM911
01-13-2014, 07:12 PM
this is cool. i might take back my no vote. the only downside now is when I quote you I get the --- updated --- , which sucks. BUT i dont think I would have gotten the posts you quoted anyway. so hm.

The problem comes, when the thread diverges into different areas and the resulting answers are about different subjects; because when they're merged, it could appear that the answers are for a single subject matter.

BRUTALITOPS
01-13-2014, 07:13 PM
i think i might go with walnuts.

BRUTALITOPS
01-13-2014, 07:13 PM
The problem comes, when the thread diverges into different areas and the resulting answers are about different subjects; because when they're merged, it could appear that the answers are for a single subject matter.

true

Minister of Truth
01-13-2014, 07:23 PM
USF

Sucks

USFREEDOM911
01-13-2014, 07:28 PM
USF

Sucks

Threedee

Eats Desh

And bends over for Dante's

Minister of Truth
01-13-2014, 07:32 PM
Ouch

USF

Knows how

To use other posters

To form an effective comeback

:clink:

USFREEDOM911
01-13-2014, 08:14 PM
It

is

so

sad

that

Threedee

never

had

his

balls

form

Damocles
01-13-2014, 08:17 PM

Then slow down. Wait 2 minutes and they won't be merged.

Dantès
01-13-2014, 09:32 PM
Well, it never bothered me, Desh. But it seemed to bother others. If you don't mind it, and others like it, I'll keep it. But it won't hurt my feelings to make it go away.

Please make it go away! I am already tired of editing and deleting the parts I don't want after it merges!

canceled.2021.1
01-13-2014, 09:33 PM
Please make it go away! I am already tired of deleting the parts I don't want after it merges!

Please make it go away! I am already tired of editing and deleting the parts I don't want after it merges!

Definitely keep it if Dunces hates it

Dantès
01-13-2014, 09:36 PM

Just get rid of it. It is juvenile!

canceled.2021.1
01-13-2014, 09:37 PM
Keep it

Minister of Truth
01-13-2014, 11:33 PM
Just get rid of it. It is juvenile!

No

It

Is

Not!

Dantès
01-14-2014, 04:13 AM
Should I keep it or dump it?

Again, please vote seriously. I personally don't care if there are seven posts in a row by somebody... but vote for how you, yourself think it should be.

Well this whole ignorant idea was instigated as a way to deal with a woman, who evidently you get a lot of complaints about, on a board that prides itself on never changing anything, or responding to complaints and does absolutely nothing about would-be rapists chasing women around and calling them cunts and whores saying they should be gang raped on the way home from work and racists chasing black people around and using the "n" word regularly here. It is clear that you will be keeping it because by god when a woman steps out of line and starts causing a rumpus something has to be done to hell with precedent and all other considerations but were the woman a victim, you would profess your inability to do anything or to change anything and swear you are not going to take any action.

Here's an idea, why not put all the people who complain about evince on automatic IA instead of subjecting the rest of us who have done absolutely nothing to this ignorant fucking change! I guess that would involve stepping on the toes of some of your the people you like though wouldn't it. Automatic IA is just for liberal swine who complain about the things conservatives do!

Dantès
01-14-2014, 04:15 AM
Then slow down. Wait 2 minutes and they won't be merged.

So you have already made up your mind to keep this piece of shit haven't you?

Dantès
01-14-2014, 04:21 AM

It's pretty clear where this idea came from and why Damo accepted it and is trying it. Yes it is! You sure don't need to a fucking doctorate to figure this shit out! This is pretty damn sickening when one gives it any thought at all! But this is exactly how this fucking board works! This moment is a metaphor for JPP! Merge that!

/MSG/
01-14-2014, 04:36 AM
It's pretty clear where this idea came from and why Damo accepted it and is trying it. Yes it is! You sure don't need to a fucking doctorate to figure this shit out! This is pretty damn sickening when one gives it any thought at all! But this is exactly how this fucking board works! This moment is a metaphor for JPP! Merge that!
You're free to leave any time. No one put a gun to your head forced you to log in.

Cancel 2016.11
01-14-2014, 05:07 AM
Well this whole ignorant idea was instigated as a way to deal with a woman, who evidently you get a lot of complaints about, on a board that prides itself on never changing anything, or responding to complaints and does absolutely nothing about would-be rapists chasing women around and calling them cunts and whores saying they should be gang raped on the way home from work and racists chasing black people around and using the "n" word regularly here. It is clear that you will be keeping it because by god when a woman steps out of line and starts causing a rumpus something has to be done to hell with precedent and all other considerations but were the woman a victim, you would profess your inability to do anything or to change anything and swear you are not going to take any action.

Here's an idea, why not put all the people who complain about evince on automatic IA instead of subjecting the rest of us who have done absolutely nothing to this ignorant fucking change! I guess that would involve stepping on the toes of some of your the people you like though wouldn't it. Automatic IA is just for liberal swine who complain about the things conservatives do!

Hear, Hear!

You're free to leave any time. No one put a gun to your head forced you to log in.

WE ALL KNOW WE'RE FREE TO LEAVE. MORON

Guess what? We're all also free to stay and use the FREE SPEECH you claim to be so concerned about to tell you how fucked you are.

cancel2 2022
01-14-2014, 05:25 AM

Feel free to do so, although I fear that if you put it to his ear the bullet would just go clean through without hitting anything.

Dantès
01-14-2014, 05:37 AM
Hear, Hear!

WE ALL KNOW WE'RE FREE TO LEAVE. MORON

Guess what? We're all also free to stay and use the FREE SPEECH you claim to be so concerned about to tell you how fucked you are.

Glad to see you're rational again! "Be careful what you say they'll be calling you a radical!"

Dantès
01-14-2014, 06:01 AM
Feel free to do so, although I fear that if you put it to his ear the bullet would just go clean through without hitting anything.

This from the man who proudly proclaimed "I checked her profile and saw she wasn't banned, that is why I asked [if she was banned]. And then proceeded to blame the thread he started on the first person to respond to it, Darla, a woman. And even went so far as to say that she made him say this stupid shit I just quoted here. That is how fucked up this moron is. And he is going to give me shit. He's nothing but a fucking fake scientist with a fucking pig farmer for a research assistant who keeps evading her perma-ban to come here and send him PMS under various and asundry names in order to give her favorite puppet something to do.

/MSG/
01-14-2014, 06:03 AM

I wouldn't waste the ammo. Shit's expensive.

Dantès
01-14-2014, 06:14 AM
I don't really dig computer shit.

I am here because its the best place in the world to discuss politics

Then vote against the feature in the poll please!

canceled.2021.1
01-14-2014, 06:35 AM

They got no where else to go

And Snarla forced it to come back. She needed a toady and nobody else would do it. If you look at the genesis of a lot of the major BS it can be traced to Dante's presence on JPP.

So let me break down a few "facts" for the factless Dante's who erroneously thinks that rules are created "ONLY" for liberals.

Thread banning was instituted because of lefties like Darla complaining about ME. yes ILA was being mean to the lefties and they didn't want me in their threads that were such great debate. Yeah, Darla that was you and your cronies. Didn't tell Dante's that did you?

Forced ignore? That was done for ole ILA as well because I won't back down from these totalitarian lefties. I don't believe in the "I won't sink to their level". Guess what? I will sink to your level and I am good at it. So Darla had to beg and plead with Grind to have me placed on Forced Ignore from her.

Thanks to me you are no longer to say "I hope you get ass raped".

So let me see, that would be three rules that were directly or indirectly done because of me

So spare me your left wing victim hood.

As for the use of the N word, I defy you to find a time I have used it in the last three months. It isn't "regularly" here. If BAC Panther is gone and I am the reason, then good. He was a phony and I exposed that

PostmodernProphet
01-14-2014, 06:47 AM
could you adjust it so it doesn't trigger after only two posts?.......sometimes we have multiple conversations appearing in a single thread, some of which I am ignoring......if someone's response to my post is merged with a response to someone I am ignoring it causes difficulty......

This from the man who proudly proclaimed "I checked her profile and saw she wasn't banned, that is why I asked [if she was banned]. And then proceeded to blame the thread he started on the first person to respond to it, Darla, a woman. And even went so far as to say that she made him say this stupid shit I just quoted here. That is how fucked up this moron is. And he is going to give me shit. He's nothing but a fucking fake scientist with a fucking pig farmer for a research assistant who keeps evading her perma-ban to come here and send him PMS under various and asundry names in order to give her favorite puppet something to do.

I think we need a feature that automatically merges posts if some idiot posts the same thing in multiple threads......

Dantès
01-14-2014, 07:10 AM
could you adjust it so it doesn't trigger after only two posts?.......sometimes we have multiple conversations appearing in a single thread, some of which I am ignoring......if someone's response to my post is merged with a response to someone I am ignoring it causes difficulty......

I think we need a feature that automatically merges posts if some idiot posts the same thing in multiple threads......

It's the wife beater defender Mr Chrisitian trying to take a lame swing at the ball after tommy PMed him and said help me out would you?

PostmodernProphet
01-14-2014, 07:16 AM
It's the wife beater defender Mr Chrisitian trying to take a lame swing at the ball after tommy PMed him and said help me out would you?

have you been sipping Desh's "medicine"?......

canceled.2021.1
01-14-2014, 07:50 AM
have you been sipping Desh's "medicine"?......

I just can't imagine going through life as bitter as The Double Ds

I love calling Darla and Dante's Double Ds.

Althea
01-14-2014, 08:09 AM
I think it should be tweaked to engage after 3 posts or more in a row. I can also see where it would be a pain, if someone only wants to quote one of the merged comments. They'll have to delete everything in the reply box, before they can address the specific point they wanted to address.

cancel2 2022
01-14-2014, 08:36 AM
It is a shame that this is private poll, I can't help thinking that a few trolls have voted as well.

BRUTALITOPS
01-14-2014, 08:48 AM
oh it's private? damn.

the results will be very interesting :p

cancel2 2022
01-14-2014, 09:08 AM
oh it's private? damn.

the results will be very interesting :p

Can we start again and make it public this time? Darla has at least two other IDs you can guarantee that they've voted.

Cancel 2016.11
01-14-2014, 09:23 AM
Can we start again and make it public this time? Darla has at least two other IDs you can guarantee that they've voted.

Because the mods wouldn't be able to see that. You're stupid. But that's forgivable. What's not is your low character. It wouldn't cross my mind to pull that. But it crossed your mind. The Slimey Limey makes another confession.

Dantès
01-14-2014, 10:10 AM
It is a shame that this is private poll, I can't help thinking that a few trolls have voted as well.

What's a matter tom not coming out the way you wanted so the fix must be in. Ballot stuffing, shit like that. Do you ever stop you washwoman whining tommy. Are you a perpetual whiner? Is that all you can do is whine? It sure seems that way!

Dantès
01-14-2014, 10:46 AM

You really are some kind of idiot aren't you! Your fucking obsession with Darla is unhealthy tommy boy, really unhealthy and you should get some help with it. You really should because you have some work to do just to get your shit straight. You are obsessed with Darla and you are obsessed with me. Are you PMing people today to get them to come and save you tommy. You know what you do, the old back door PM campaign to get things squared away. How has that been working out for you today tommy. Are you getting any results there? What's even more telling tommy is that you wouldn't suspect a man of doing it but you would immediately suspect a woman; just more of that misogyny isn't it tommy. I guess you just can't help yourself can you tommy, every day you have to take a couple swipes at women don't you?

Damocles
01-14-2014, 10:47 AM
So you have already made up your mind to keep this piece of shit haven't you?

No. I'm pretty sure it will be dumped.

Damocles
01-14-2014, 10:48 AM

We don't pride ourselves on "not changing anything"... that's inane. We pride ourselves on allowing people to say what they want with the least amount of restriction. This isn't a restriction on anything somebody says, it would simply merge a few posts. However, it seems more annoying than good, IMO.

cancel2 2022
01-14-2014, 10:54 AM
No. I'm pretty sure it will be dumped.

How do you know if some trolls have voted? It should have been a public poll.

Damocles
01-14-2014, 10:55 AM
How do you know if some trolls have voted? It should have been a public poll.

I can see who voted regardless in the admin control panel.

Damocles
01-14-2014, 10:56 AM
So far only one troll vote for yes and one for no.

cancel2 2022
01-14-2014, 10:57 AM
I can see who voted regardless in the admin control panel.

Ok, fair enough. Would have been nice if we could see it as well. Can you provide a screenshot?

Damocles
01-14-2014, 10:57 AM
I've already dumped it for a bit. I need to see how the board feels with and without it. I don't necessarily like the feel of the merged posts.

Damocles
01-14-2014, 10:58 AM
Ok, fair enough. Would have been nice if we could see it as well. Can you provide a screenshot?

I will when it is all final.

Cancel 2016.11
01-14-2014, 11:01 AM
So far only one troll vote for yes and one for no.

Which was not me. But Tom can "guarantee" you that it was.

just make sure you get that screen shot over to the ass inspector post hasty!

cancel2 2022
01-14-2014, 11:04 AM
I've already dumped it for a bit. I need to see how the board feels with and without it. I don't necessarily like the feel of the merged posts.

I was thinking that maybe it could be just be for posters whose names start with D but unfortunately Desh calls herself Evince now. Obviously you would exempt yourself.

Minister of Truth
01-14-2014, 11:54 AM
I VOTED FOR EVERYTHING!!

Cancel 2016.11
01-14-2014, 12:09 PM
I was thinking that maybe it could be just be for posters whose names start with D but unfortunately Desh calls herself Evince now. Obviously you would exempt yourself.

I was thinking that maybe someday you'll shut the fuck up for five minutes.

I bet if you ever did it would send an alarm throughout your household and someone would have to check to make sure you hadn't swallowed your own tongue.

BRUTALITOPS
01-14-2014, 02:24 PM

bro i can see who voted. it's ok I will protect you.

cancel2 2022
01-14-2014, 02:58 PM
bro i can see who voted. it's ok I will protect you.

Your lord and master has already spoken on the issue.

canceled.2021.1
01-14-2014, 04:40 PM
I was thinking that maybe someday you'll shut the fuck up for five minutes.

I bet if you ever did it would send an alarm throughout your household and someone would have to check to make sure you hadn't swallowed your own tongue.

Pot? Meet kettle

BRUTALITOPS
01-14-2014, 04:42 PM
tom v darla may be the best jpp rivelry.

Minister of Truth
01-14-2014, 04:59 PM
I rather enjoyed MM vs 007. :D

cancel2 2022
01-14-2014, 05:00 PM
Pot? Meet kettle

Has anybody ever known her to shut the fuck up on anything?

cancel2 2022
01-14-2014, 05:01 PM

No wonder you like Ancient Rome so much, what would be your weapons of choice? Who would you assign as Provacator and Secutor?

Minister of Truth
01-14-2014, 05:03 PM
Octavian vs Antony was pretty hilarious.

Cancel 2016.11
01-14-2014, 05:04 PM
No wonder you like Ancient Rome so much, what would be your weapons of choice?

You take the gun, I'll take the popcorn.

The smart money's still on you being carried out pee wee.

BRUTALITOPS
01-14-2014, 05:14 PM
No wonder you like Ancient Rome so much, what would be your weapons of choice? Who would you assign as Provacator and Secutor?

i dont get what you v. darla has to do with ancient rome.

cancel2 2022
01-14-2014, 05:16 PM
i dont get what you v. darla has to do with ancient rome.

Uhh gladiators!!

canceled.2021.1
01-14-2014, 06:05 PM
Has anybody ever known her to shut the fuck up on anything?

It is like her keyboard rapes JPP on a daily basis.

The funny thing is Dante's being her little toady bitch

"Here Dante's. "Here girl". "Come on girl" "now go fetch this stick in 20 degree water"

Dantès
01-14-2014, 07:06 PM

What difference does it make tommy, will you put your research assistant on it? Did she pull your strings today and tell you to get the results; did she tommy? Or are you just so damn obsessed that you can't control yourself?

Cancel 2016.11
01-14-2014, 07:20 PM
I wonder what is taking Damo so long with that screenshot???

PostmodernProphet
01-14-2014, 07:23 PM

only because half of Zap v Yurt left......

Minister of Truth
01-14-2014, 08:19 PM
There's still Zap vs The World

Dantès
01-15-2014, 01:41 AM

Your fake scientist must be working over time. Did your research assistant (nope) help you with this or did your scientific mind decipher this mystery all on its own? Let's look at the odds of your theory being possible, tommy. On a board that boasts hundreds and hundreds of participants every day (even on Christmas there were 157, I think) a whole seventeen votes have appeared in this particular poll. Only 17 people even bothered to vote at all, out of hundreds tommy and you think what at least how many, 16 must be trolls, and what only one real voter! Now that is making the vote count isn't it tommy.

canceled.2021.1
01-15-2014, 03:48 AM
Do you think Dunces and Snarla sit around PMing each other trying to come up with what they think are witty attacks on Tom? I know they sit around PMSing

I hope they each get anal fistulas

Damocles
01-15-2014, 10:08 AM
So... auto merge is unpopular. Got it.

canceled.2021.1
01-15-2014, 10:15 AM
So... auto merge is unpopular. Got it.

I doubt it, it is just Snarla and her toady thinking they are defeating Jimmy and Tom. Nothing more.

No biggy though

Damocles
01-15-2014, 10:35 AM
Once the poll closes I'll post an image of the votes. So far there is one vote for yes and one for no by a troll account.