PDA

View Full Version : Keltic Games...competition...

Battleborne
10-07-2007, 11:26 AM
anyone here ever been to one? I went yesterday in Reno,Nevada...My daughters BF is a participant...quite amusing to say the least...these guys with really macho buillds...throwing around weights that I would run from...all the while dressed in mini-plaid skirts...with bagpipes playing in the background! This one guy threw a 28lb weight over a 24' cross bar with one arm...albeit his one arm was about as big as my leg...he was my daughters BF's best friend and took second place...quite amazing!

I passed on todays games though because the bleachers were small and had hard seats...gave me a backache...LOL

Battleborne
10-08-2007, 12:39 PM
after Sundays finals my Daughters BF took 4th place..the final event throwing a 100lb stone as far as ya can...he threw about 10'..his best friend took first with a 15' throw...my daughter said Steve was intimidated by me that is why he is shy around me(he is a funny guy but is like my daughter a little on the shy side...good match)...albeit if he only knew if I tried this I would probably hurt my toes...:cof1:

uscitizen
10-08-2007, 01:11 PM
I figure Republican males are there just to see they men in skirts.

Battleborne
10-08-2007, 01:32 PM
I figure Republican males are there just to see they men in skirts.

you say...KGB ho! go sniff duhlas under garments already!