PDA

View Full Version : SR Idea Protection Thread

BRUTALITOPS
08-27-2006, 12:30 AM
I would like to see some features implemented on this site eventually.

However, I am afraid sr will claim to have invented the following, so I am listing it here as official record:

(note: I am not saying these are all practical or should all be implemented, just think of it as massive internet bragging rights patenting)

Live podcast where debates can take place over mic, with the moderator. For those that don't want to listen to it live, the full recording can be put up to be listened to by everyone else at their leisure

Justplainpolitics irc chat, or some other medium....

Possibly weekly columns?

Videocast

LadyT
08-27-2006, 07:15 AM
The live debates would be cool.

evince
08-27-2006, 07:26 AM
How do you stop to research in the middle of a debate?

This is one of the aspects of theis format that I love ,you go looking for documentation to back up an arguement and end up finding the coolest sites and info, sometimes I forget to come back to the arguement because the stuff I find is so damned interesting.

Cancel7
08-27-2006, 08:41 AM
I would like to see some features implemented on this site eventually.

However, I am afraid sr will claim to have invented the following, so I am listing it here as official record:

(note: I am not saying these are all practical or should all be implemented, just think of it as massive internet bragging rights patenting)

Live podcast where debates can take place over mic, with the moderator. For those that don't want to listen to it live, the full recording can be put up to be listened to by everyone else at their leisure

Justplainpolitics irc chat, or some other medium....

Possibly weekly columns?

Videocast

Let's do video cast debates. If I'm stuck, or get backed into a corner, I will show a nipple.

I'm not above it.

BRUTALITOPS
08-27-2006, 09:36 AM
lol...

well darla, in response to your first question, you would give them time to prepare, just like real debates...

Damocles
08-27-2006, 09:56 AM
How do you stop to research in the middle of a debate?

This is one of the aspects of theis format that I love ,you go looking for documentation to back up an arguement and end up finding the coolest sites and info, sometimes I forget to come back to the arguement because the stuff I find is so damned interesting.
Actually I resemble this remark.

TheDanold
08-27-2006, 09:57 AM
Let's do video cast debates. If I'm stuck, or get backed into a corner, I will show a nipple.

I'm not above it.
Well Darlalaling, based on your debating ability and that you do roughly 24 posts a day, the site could advertise nudie shows every hour...

Cancel7
08-27-2006, 12:07 PM
lol...

well darla, in response to your first question, you would give them time to prepare, just like real debates...

That was desh's question, but thanks.

I actually think they're all interesting ideas.

Cancel7
08-27-2006, 12:10 PM
Well Darlalaling, based on your debating ability and that you do roughly 24 posts a day, the site could advertise nudie shows every hour...

Ok Dano...as long as you don't flash anybody as a debating style, ok?

It could become known as the "wet noodle" defense. That's providing anyone could see it, of course. lol

BRUTALITOPS
08-27-2006, 01:59 PM
That was desh's question, but thanks.

I actually think they're all interesting ideas.

oh my bad.... that was weird... I guess I just saw the 'd'

TheDanold
08-27-2006, 08:17 PM
Ok Dano...as long as you don't flash anybody as a debating style, ok?

It could become known as the "wet noodle" defense. That's providing anyone could see it, of course. lol

Yeah good point, you would need that rarest of wide angle lenses, but I imagine your glasses are so thick when you look at a map, people are waving at you...

And Darlalaling, have you ever actually seen Dano DeMano lose a debate? It's about as rare as a quiet New Yorker, so you'll just have to use your imagination, shouldn't be too hard, like when you imagined that Cato was mostly funded by corps or when you imagined the great Dano was smitten with you. Use what you got, trips and nips.

TheDanold
08-27-2006, 08:19 PM
oh my bad.... that was weird... I guess I just saw the 'd'
It's an easy mistake to make, just remember, one is insane, the other is insanely cynical.

Damocles
08-27-2006, 08:23 PM
Actually I'm looking forward to adding live debate when we have enough members to support such a thing. That one will cost some bucks because of the bandwidth usage... I'd probably have to add some advertising to offset some of the costs...

I could possibly add a "shout box" which is much like a chat on the top of the board... Or I can add chat, but I have seen that fail at three boards so far. I've been looking more into it...

TheDanold
08-27-2006, 08:39 PM
You should add advertising anyway, ain't nothing wrong with making money from your labor.

Cancel7
08-28-2006, 05:06 AM
Yeah good point, you would need that rarest of wide angle lenses,

Well, it's not like you'll be using it for your Sharon Stone shot Dano...

maineman
08-28-2006, 05:48 AM
And Darlalaling, have you ever actually seen Dano DeMano lose a debate?

Actually... that is a pretty good point. Now that I think of it, I have never seen Dano actually "lose" a debate, because he always seems to turn tail and run like a frightened little girlie-man every time he starts to get his ass kicked... and never visits the thread again to actually admit "losing".

LadyT
08-28-2006, 06:27 AM
Actually... that is a pretty good point. Now that I think of it, I have never seen Dano actually "lose" a debate, because he always seems to turn tail and run like a frightened little girlie-man every time he starts to get his ass kicked... and never visits the thread again to actually admit "losing".

:cof1:

TheDanold
08-28-2006, 07:52 AM
Maybe in InSaineman world, in reality it's called "getting back to work rather than posting all day", try it some day...before the corp that pays your salary finally figures out that you do jack shit but argue anti-corporate Liberal BS.

maineman
08-28-2006, 08:29 AM
no....in fact, when you get your ass handed to you, you NEVER revisit the thread. It has nothing to do with "getting back to work" and everything to do with being a chickenshit.