PDA

View Full Version : JPP Year End Nominees Y2k13

Damocles
12-20-2013, 07:10 PM
Which of these had the most impact on the site this year, whether good or bad?

Topic of the year

Gun Debate
Zimmerman Trial
Obamacare
The Mod Team

Poster of the Year (impact)

Big Money
Poet
I love America
Howey
Threedee
Mott
Charver
Darla
USF

Most annoying Poster of the Year

Desh
Howey
Poet
Zappas
Big Money
Grind

Biggest Meltdown

desh and the "billy has my letters saga"
darla and others quitting JPP
Zappas regarding everything pertaining to moderation

Most hilter-esque mod of the year

Damo
Billy
Grind
Soc

Nominee suggestions will be accepted for this weekend only, not all suggestions will make our short lists...

Minister of Truth
12-20-2013, 07:18 PM
I vote Darla for Poster of the Year because she won JPP Debate Championship II

I vote Zimmermann as the Topic of the Year

I vote Legion as the Most Annoying Poster (he should probably win every year, even with people like Zappas, IHA, Howey, USF, etc.)

I vote Zappas as biggest meltdown. I thought Darla was 100% justified (I.E. didn't surprise me much) and people like Desh are always in meltdown mode

I vote Grind as Most Hitler-esque Mod of the Year (no reason why him over Billy, except perhaps his ultra Hitler-esque personality profile/score)

Damocles
12-20-2013, 07:25 PM
Nah, this is for suggestions. Just type them.

We'll also accept suggestions for Topics.

Please remember this is a lighthearted slightly sarcastic attempt at fun and "suggest" accordingly. Next week we'll shorten lists and choose topics then early the week after I'll announce the "JPP of the Year" lists...

cawacko
12-20-2013, 07:28 PM
This is an excellent list Damo.

Topic of the Year:

I started to think Guns was the biggest topic because it had its own section created for it but ultimately I think you have to go with the Zimmerman trial. There was even a 1,000 post thread on the topic.

Poster of the Year:

ILA. When he went on his run of dropping N-bombs and posters started leaving it changed the complexion of the board.

Biggest Meltdown:

Has to be Desh. When someone says you are a real person and not a troll and you take that to mean people are going to come to your house and threaten your family that is a meltdown of epic proportions.

I do give Zappa strong runner up status. The constant whining aside him complaining that he is being forced to talk politics on a political board is one for the ages.

The Dude
12-20-2013, 07:30 PM

I vote Legion as the Most Annoying Poster (he should probably win every year, even with people like Zappas, IHA, Howey, USF, etc.)

I vote Zappas as biggest meltdown. I thought Darla was 100% justified (I.E. didn't surprise me much) and people like Desh are always in meltdown mode

I vote Grind as Most Hitler-esque Mod of the Year (no reason why him over Billy, except perhaps his ultra Hitler-esque personality profile/score)
Ditto

PostmodernProphet
12-20-2013, 09:25 PM
Darla for meltdown of the year, going postal to get banned instead of just leaving.....

Zapp for most annoying poster with a 95% whine ratio......I would have voted for the Dude if the fucking idiot ever posted instead of just groaning people all day long....

Poster of the Year.....myself for remaining unchanged while being surrounded by idjits.....

USFREEDOM911
12-20-2013, 09:52 PM

Topic of the year

Gun Debate
Zimmerman Trial
Obamacare
The Mod Team

Big Money
Poet
I love America
Howey
Threedee
Mott
Charver
Darla
USF

Desh
Howey
Poet
Zappas
Big Money
Grind

Biggest Meltdown

Damo
Billy
Grind
Soc

Nominee suggestions will be accepted for this weekend only, not all suggestions will make our short lists...

Topic of the year

Gun Debate
Zimmerman Trial - Definetly
Obamacare
The Mod Team

Big Money
Poet
I love America
Howey
Threedee
Mott
Charver
Darla
USF

Desh
Howey
Poet
Zappas - Hands down Big Money
Grind

Biggest Meltdown

desh and the "billy has my letters saga" - also the funniest

Damo
Billy
Grind - He even has the stupid little mustache
Soc

christiefan915
12-21-2013, 08:41 AM

Desh
Howey
Poet
Zappas
Big Money
Grind

Biggest Meltdown

Damo
Billy
Grind
Soc

I already answered the first two on other threads.

Most annoying poster: USFreedom hands-down. No substance, no intelligence, nothing but cyber-bullying and non-stop insults.

Biggest meltdown: 007 for just about everything.

Most Hitler-esque mod: None of the above. On the rare occasions I contacted mods they've always been responsive and nice about it.

canceled.2021.1
12-21-2013, 08:47 AM

Topic of the year

Gun Debate
Zimmerman Trial
Obamacare
The Mod Team

Big Money
Poet
I love America
Howey
Threedee
Mott
Charver
Darla
USF

Desh
Howey
Poet
Zappas
Big Money
Grind

Biggest Meltdown

Zappas regarding everything pertaining to moderation - I wouldn't call this a meltdown
Every lefty on the board after the Zimmerman verdict, especially BAC

Damo
Billy
Grind
Soc

I think it is a pretty solid list. While this isn't the section for voting. I think my favorite meltdown was Desh's over Billy potentially releasing her personal information. Why? Because it was a true meltdown. Zappa's is just whining. He isn't really melting down. Desh literally came unhinged for a three hour period. It was visceral. You could actually feel it in her posts. She wasn't play acting.

Zappa's is just playing a part. It is part of his whining and he always fucking whines. I actually wouldn't even call what he is doing a meltdown. I also made one addition for a meltdown that I think should be considered which is the JPP's left wingers collective meltdown after the Zimmerman trial and the assault on Threedee. That was a classic meltdown

I would also like to recommend another category which is Thread of the Year. While some may think this is encapsulated in Topic of the Year, I think it should be separate. There were a few threads that just captured the entire board for weeks. Three that come to mind are

Darla's Damo thread after I called BAC a nigger
Bac's Emmet Till thread where he called everyone who disagreed with him a racist
Zappa's Mods thread

There may be others, but these are the first four that come to mind

evince
12-21-2013, 08:50 AM
how about the clean putty screen award?

screen lickers make up quite a few posters here

cancel2 2022
12-21-2013, 09:39 AM

Really, so you say that calling me a paedophile was justified?

Minister of Truth
12-21-2013, 11:42 AM
Darla once called me a serial killer. It still kind of bugs me, but I figure I'll survive emotionally, Tom.

Minister of Truth
12-21-2013, 11:43 AM
I have to say that the best thread was the Zimmerman one where Lorax got thrown under the bus. :D

cancel2 2022
12-21-2013, 11:53 AM
Darla once called me a serial killer. It still kind of bugs me, but I figure I'll survive emotionally, Tom.

You have also told me enough times that you detest her, so have you been nobbled?

Jarod
12-21-2013, 12:22 PM
The gun debate was squelched by over zealous moderators.

canceled.2021.1
12-21-2013, 01:37 PM
The gun debate was squelched by over zealous moderators.

You lefties really do live in an alternate universe don't you. They did combine threads but they squelched nothing.

Minister of Truth
12-21-2013, 08:42 PM
You have also told me enough times that you detest her, so have you been nobbled?

Frankly, the worst part of dealing with Darla isn't even her fault. The fact that simple disagreement with her will bring a crazed and manic mob of drooling goons down upon you is not technically something she can control. Blame human nature and douchebaggery for that one.

cancel2 2022
12-22-2013, 04:28 AM
Frankly, the worst part of dealing with Darla isn't even her fault. The fact that simple disagreement with her will bring a crazed and manic mob of drooling goons down upon you is not technically something she can control. Blame human nature and douchebaggery for that one.

Yes I agree that there is an element of the Charlie Manson about her but she welcomes the cult worship, indeed craves and actively encourages it.

Minister of Truth
12-22-2013, 11:52 AM
Well, Grind does it too, and I've never had a problem with it (except Werewolf). :D

cancel2 2022
12-22-2013, 11:57 AM
Well, Grind does it too, and I've never had a problem with it (except Werewolf). :D

Grind does what?

The Dude
12-22-2013, 12:04 PM
I nominate I love to bet against America
As worse investor ever

Cancel 2016.11
12-22-2013, 01:07 PM
This is an excellent list Damo.

Topic of the Year:

I started to think Guns was the biggest topic because it had its own section created for it but ultimately I think you have to go with the Zimmerman trial. There was even a 1,000 post thread on the topic.

Poster of the Year:

ILA. When he went on his run of dropping N-bombs and posters started leaving it changed the complexion of the board.

Biggest Meltdown:

Has to be Desh. When someone says you are a real person and not a troll and you take that to mean people are going to come to your house and threaten your family that is a meltdown of epic proportions.

I do give Zappa strong runner up status. The constant whining aside him complaining that he is being forced to talk politics on a political board is one for the ages.

I'm with 3D on bigmoney being the most annoying poster of any year, but i agree with you about ILA. He changed the board most, and for the worse. But of course, he was permitted to do so.

BRUTALITOPS
12-22-2013, 01:20 PM
lol i forgot about your avatar.

welcome back btw

Big Money
12-22-2013, 01:22 PM
I'm with 3D on bigmoney being the most annoying poster of any year, but i agree with you about ILA. He changed the board most, and for the worse. But of course, he was permitted to do so.

Because he didn't break the rules like you did?

Cancel 2016.11
12-22-2013, 01:24 PM
I got something for you legion. Something real special.

But I have to finish some xmas stuff now.

It's coming though. A real nice christmas present. :)

Big Money
12-22-2013, 01:25 PM
I got something for you legion. Something real special. But I have to finish some xmas stuff now. It's coming though. A real nice christmas present. :)

Gonna get yourself banned again?

The Dude
12-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Gonna get yourself banned again?
Legion troll
Broke ass welder outed!

Big Money
12-22-2013, 01:32 PM
Even a pussy like Tom can defeat the Darlaks. I have proof.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5289673216/hCE54B64E/

BRUTALITOPS
12-22-2013, 01:33 PM
I got something for you legion. Something real special.

But I have to finish some xmas stuff now.

It's coming though. A real nice christmas present. :)

is it anthrax? it's anthrax isn't it?

The Dude
12-22-2013, 01:33 PM
Big legion got broke off!

Big Money
12-22-2013, 01:46 PM
And right away, Grind was all like

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/37315675.jpg

Big Money
12-22-2013, 03:04 PM

Here we see Grinds' knee-jerk reaction whenever Darla is maligned:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/square_small/3/31666/3202891-lang+darla+1.jpg

canceled.2021.1
12-22-2013, 03:42 PM
I can't believe I am being censored by being on forced ignore from Darla

Oh the humanity

Oh he unfairness of it all

I demand an immediate DOJ investigation

Big Money
12-22-2013, 03:48 PM
Oh the humanity Oh the unfairness of it all I demand an immediate DOJ investigation

LOL

cancel2 2022
12-22-2013, 04:35 PM
Here we see Grinds' knee-jerk reaction whenever Darla is maligned:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/square_small/3/31666/3202891-lang+darla+1.jpg

I think you'll find that she looks more like Ms. Thing aka Darla Deering.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/11/117763/2549312-ff2.jpg

ZappasGuitar
12-22-2013, 07:05 PM
I think you'll find that she looks more like Ms. Thing aka Darla Deering.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/11/117763/2549312-ff2.jpg

Oh my sweet lord, your petty jealousy is just hysterical!

Minister of Truth
12-23-2013, 12:37 AM
God, I hope it's anthrax!

USFREEDOM911
12-23-2013, 02:48 AM

Oh the humanity

Oh he unfairness of it all

I demand an immediate DOJ investigation

Just cut and paste all of the resident whiners posts and just change them enough to fit the present circumstances.
There's already enough there, to supply you with month's of postings. ;)

USFREEDOM911
12-23-2013, 02:52 AM
is it anthrax? it's anthrax isn't it?

It's going to be the Spinach Inquisition; because no one's ever prepared for the Inquisition. ;)

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4857574861571001&pid=15.1&w=137&h=126&p=0

canceled.2021.1
12-23-2013, 07:55 AM
Just cut and paste all of the resident whiners posts and just change them enough to fit the present circumstances.
There's already enough there, to supply you with month's of postings. ;)

But don't you see that I am being CENSORED? Where is my investigation?

How can Damo allow this indignity to go on? I mean didn't we have a deal that ONLY lefties were to be placed with obstacles? How did this happen?

I feel like George Castanza when he realized the pigeons reneged on their deal.

I don't know if I can go on. This changes everything