PDA

View Full Version : Kids These Days

krisy
08-25-2006, 01:09 PM
I know I am sounding old at the grand ol age of 33,but I think some parents must do absolutely NOTHING to teach their kids manners,kindess,and just good ol fashioned morals.

My son started middle school Wednesday and is taking the bus this year. I know,it doesn't sound like a big deal,but for him it was. Kids on the bus can be hideous. Yesterday a couple of kids that are 2 years older decided to tease him. I know, he has to learn to defend himself,but how about people just teach their little punks to keep thier mouths shut if they have nothing nice to say. Am I am overprotective mom? Maybe. But the first week at a new school is tense for most kids and he didn't need some little punks running their mouth for their own entertainment.

Today he said the bus ride was fine.thankfully. But what happened yesterday brought out the claws in me. Dont' mess with my kid!!! I will admit,I think it bothered me more than him:p

Damocles
08-25-2006, 01:34 PM
Get him in Ninjitsu or expect to always be there for him. He really should learn to defend himself.

Brent
08-25-2006, 03:15 PM
I know I am sounding old at the grand ol age of 33,but I think some parents must do absolutely NOTHING to teach their kids manners,kindess,and just good ol fashioned morals.

My son started middle school Wednesday and is taking the bus this year. I know,it doesn't sound like a big deal,but for him it was. Kids on the bus can be hideous. Yesterday a couple of kids that are 2 years older decided to tease him. I know, he has to learn to defend himself,but how about people just teach their little punks to keep thier mouths shut if they have nothing nice to say. Am I am overprotective mom? Maybe. But the first week at a new school is tense for most kids and he didn't need some little punks running their mouth for their own entertainment.

Today he said the bus ride was fine.thankfully. But what happened yesterday brought out the claws in me. Dont' mess with my kid!!! I will admit,I think it bothered me more than him:p

I agree with you. Parents aren't doing their job.

But you've also got to figure schools aren't doing their job, either. Parents are entrusting their children to the teachers, and the teachers aren't teaching morals, either. They're not allowed to do that, thanks to the left-wing ALCU types who believe morals are "relative."

krisy
08-25-2006, 05:01 PM
I agree with you. Parents aren't doing their job.

But you've also got to figure schools aren't doing their job, either. Parents are entrusting their children to the teachers, and the teachers aren't teaching morals, either. They're not allowed to do that, thanks to the left-wing ALCU types who believe morals are "relative."

So true. Another thing that ticks me off is that the bus driver does nothing about this. Several of the neighborhaood kids and their parents tell me that there is a lot of cussing on the bus. I'm thinking...WHAT? When I was in school,if you cursed,you would probably get suspended,at least. The kids teasing my son just used words(otherwise I would have been up to school to discuss this with the principal). Another couple on the street told me their daughter had an ongoing problem with another girl on the bus and the school handled it wonderful. They kicked the girl off the bus. They have a zero tolerance policy for that crap. Unfortunately,the bus drivers don't exactly keep control of the kids.

If it happens again,I will be at school. I didn't want to embarass my son,so I held off yesterday. To me,letting kids get away with this stuff is letting them win. Somewhere along the line,someone has to put a foot up their ass.

BRUTALITOPS
08-25-2006, 05:11 PM
I don't know how old your son is...but, that sounds like any other school bus ride i used to be on ....

LadyT
08-25-2006, 05:40 PM
My Two Cents:

From 6th to 7th grade I was teased on the bus non-stop. I'll admit it, I looked like a complete geek. But anyway, when I got to 8th grade that summer I decided I wasn't going to be teased anymore. I kicked two guys asses and the girl who was the front runner of the whole thing in September and guess what. People left me alone after that. Its actually pretty traumatizing and some of the insecurities actually followed me into adulthood. In short, tell your son to kick their asses. Just my two cents. I'm sure I'll get nailed for that advice, but it worked for me.

LadyT
08-25-2006, 05:41 PM
So true. Another thing that ticks me off is that the bus driver does nothing about this.

.....Somewhere along the line,someone has to put a foot up their ass.

Yeah. Our bus driver didn't do anything about it either. Until she saw me beating the snot out of that one girl.

BRUTALITOPS
08-25-2006, 05:44 PM
yeah tiana, but your black and if kids touched you, you could drop a hate crime charge on their ass :/

You are so lucky.

LadyT
08-25-2006, 05:46 PM
yeah tiana, but your black and if kids touched you, you could drop a hate crime charge on their ass :/

You are so lucky.

alas no......

The other girl was black too. There were only three of us on that bus too!

krisy
08-25-2006, 07:49 PM
My Two Cents:

From 6th to 7th grade I was teased on the bus non-stop. I'll admit it, I looked like a complete geek. But anyway, when I got to 8th grade that summer I decided I wasn't going to be teased anymore. I kicked two guys asses and the girl who was the front runner of the whole thing in September and guess what. People left me alone after that. Its actually pretty traumatizing and some of the insecurities actually followed me into adulthood. In short, tell your son to kick their asses. Just my two cents. I'm sure I'll get nailed for that advice, but it worked for me.

That was my husbands advice too,kick their asses. Problem is,they are two years older and he probably wouldn't have a real good chance. You never know tho-lol!!!

I do want him to defend himself,I think he will have to learn that there are a$$holes all thru life to deal with. It's just hard as a mom to see your kid hurting in any way. He has lots of friends on the bus,maybe they ought to team up and beat the crap out of the 2 punks!!

And good for you Lady T for kickin some ass!!!:D

Damocles
08-25-2006, 07:51 PM
Like I said. If you want him to be able to defend himself, give him the tools. Get him in Tae Kwon Do or Ninjitsu toot sweet....

1. It will give him confidence which shows in the way he holds himself. Less people attempt to pick on the confident.

2. It will give him the tools to deal with the stupid who can't see the confidence.

krisy
08-25-2006, 07:55 PM
Like I said. If you want him to be able to defend himself, give him the tools. Get him in Tae Kwon Do or Ninjitsu toot sweet....

1. It will give him confidence which shows in the way he holds himself. Less people attempt to pick on the confident.

2. It will give him the tools to deal with the stupid who can't see the confidence.

I don't want to give the impression that he is picked on a lot,I think it was a random thing. You know,a BIG 8th grader had to say something to a little 6th grader:rolleyes:

We have tries every year to get him into karate at least. He has no interest. We explained all the advantages. He is real into baseball like his mom right now:p

Funny thing to,I think my 5 year old daughter may take karate!!!

Damocles
08-25-2006, 07:56 PM
Girls especially need it. They are better at balance arts though. Go with Ninjitsu...

LadyT
08-25-2006, 08:35 PM
Nah......go with kickin' ass. That'll solve everything in this case. If he's needs back up so be it, but once these idiots get their asses handed to them on the bus they'll stop.

Brent
08-25-2006, 09:16 PM
My Two Cents:

That doesn't sound "liberal" to me, LadyT. Your advice is very conservative. ;)

BRUTALITOPS
08-25-2006, 09:37 PM
Grind's Theatre Presents:

A JustPlainPolitics Production....

== Tiana's Childhood Busride ==

Enter Girl 1, Tiana

Girl 1: Girlllllll you be straight up trippin in hizere if you be frontn' wit me

*Tiana does the dreaded finger wave*

Girl 1: oooooh girlllllll, no joo didn't!

Tiana: oh yes I did, BITCH....

Girl 1: wellll den bring it HOE!

Tiana: oh it already be brought BITCH...

* Fight ensues, Tiana comes out victorious*

Exeunt Omes

==================================

- Fin -