PDA

View Full Version : Baseball...

krisy
08-25-2006, 12:31 PM
Who are you rooting for to go the playoffs,World Series?

I am rooting for the Cincinnati Reds(my home team). They have played hard and the team has come a long way.

I also love the Boston Red Sox,but not so sure they will get there this year!

krisy
08-25-2006, 07:50 PM
Where are the baseball fans?!!!:confused:

maineman
08-25-2006, 07:52 PM
the Boston Red Sox, of course

Damocles
08-25-2006, 07:53 PM
The Rockies suck ass lately... I don't think I need to worry about the Baseball postseason for one more year...

Damocles
08-25-2006, 09:34 PM
Plus, baseball isn't even close to exciting as Football.

krisy
08-26-2006, 07:41 AM
Plus, baseball isn't even close to exciting as Football.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I gotta disagree on that one,Dom. Granted baseball isn't exactly fast moving,but what irritates me about football is the constant whistle blowing and stopping. I know,I know that is how it's played. I am going to try to understand it more this year in hopes the Bengals will have another good season.

The fights in baseball are the best tho:p
I guess I'm just a baseball person,really the whole family is. Nascar is big in my family too.

Trinity
08-29-2006, 08:13 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I gotta disagree on that one,Dom. Granted baseball isn't exactly fast moving,but what irritates me about football is the constant whistle blowing and stopping. I know,I know that is how it's played. I am going to try to understand it more this year in hopes the Bengals will have another good season.

The fights in baseball are the best tho:p
I guess I'm just a baseball person,really the whole family is. Nascar is big in my family too.

Baseball is soooooo boring! sorry krisy but i can never make it to the third inning before falling asleep.

Now you want to talk football, thats a whole other ballgame. The best advice I can give you on football if you want to learn what is going on and why they do what they do is to have your son play football or come watch my boy's play. Pee wee football is the best especially if you are new to the sport.

Speaking of my boy's William is playing quarterback (offense) for Blanchester this year and he is playing safety on defense.

Jesse is playing defense this year which really bothers me because he was the star player for Fairfield last year. But that's what happens when you move. He just has to show the coaches what he is capable of. Of course it doens't help that he also has like 38 kids on his team either.

no games this weekend but the following weekend on Saturday we are playing @ Mariemont Jesse's game is @ 11:30am and William's is @2pm if you guys want to come call me and I'll give you directions. They played Bethel last weekend and all of the Blanchester teams won!

krisy
08-29-2006, 10:28 AM
Baseball is soooooo boring! sorry krisy but i can never make it to the third inning before falling asleep.

Now you want to talk football, thats a whole other ballgame. The best advice I can give you on football if you want to learn what is going on and why they do what they do is to have your son play football or come watch my boy's play. Pee wee football is the best especially if you are new to the sport.

Speaking of my boy's William is playing quarterback (offense) for Blanchester this year and he is playing safety on defense.

Jesse is playing defense this year which really bothers me because he was the star player for Fairfield last year. But that's what happens when you move. He just has to show the coaches what he is capable of. Of course it doens't help that he also has like 38 kids on his team either.

no games this weekend but the following weekend on Saturday we are playing @ Mariemont Jesse's game is @ 11:30am and William's is @2pm if you guys want to come call me and I'll give you directions. They played Bethel last weekend and all of the Blanchester teams won!

I think football is boring. Like I said,too much stopping after 2 seconds of play. You have to be a big fan of baseball for it not to be boring I guess.

I wouldn't mind coming to one of the boys games,but gas is a bit much right now to drive that far.

Thorn
08-29-2006, 12:36 PM
I think football is boring. Like I said,too much stopping after 2 seconds of play. You have to be a big fan of baseball for it not to be boring I guess.

Agreed! I think I'm just overwhelmed by the sheer mass of football coming at you from every quarter. Not only are there all those NFL teams, but the college games are all televised at the national level, and where I live even the local high school games are often carried by local channels! It's too much. I can appreciate good plays, but all the stop/start of football makes it hard to maintain interest.

Baseball isn't boring! It's a superbly elegant game if you understand the rules and the play. I'll take a good defensive play or a great pitching sequence, or good strategic baserunning over a home run hit any day.

I pick the Tigers to play in the World Series for the AL. In the National League it's tougher; there really aren't any super strong teams and most that do give a fairly decent showing have poor or irregular pitching. Those like the Astros who have good pitching can't seem to hit the ball.

Sir Evil
08-29-2006, 12:50 PM
I prefer to watch a nice game of chess myself! :cof1:

krisy
08-29-2006, 01:58 PM
Agreed! I think I'm just overwhelmed by the sheer mass of football coming at you from every quarter. Not only are there all those NFL teams, but the college games are all televised at the national level, and where I live even the local high school games are often carried by local channels! It's too much. I can appreciate good plays, but all the stop/start of football makes it hard to maintain interest.

Baseball isn't boring! It's a superbly elegant game if you understand the rules and the play. I'll take a good defensive play or a great pitching sequence, or good strategic baserunning over a home run hit any day.

I pick the Tigers to play in the World Series for the AL. In the National League it's tougher; there really aren't any super strong teams and most that do give a fairly decent showing have poor or irregular pitching. Those like the Astros who have good pitching can't seem to hit the ball.

ALl right,another baseball fan that aprreciates a good game.

The Tigers are lookin good for the AL,but what about the Yanks(whom I despise by the way)? That reminds me,I have to go see if the Reds are still in the lead in the wild card for NL. The game wasn't on t.v. last night,I felt a little in withdraw:)

TRGLDTE
08-30-2006, 12:57 PM
New York Yankees.

BoSox won;t even make the playoffs... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

klaatu
08-30-2006, 02:24 PM
ALl right,another baseball fan that aprreciates a good game.

The Tigers are lookin good for the AL,but what about the Yanks(whom I despise by the way)? That reminds me,I have to go see if the Reds are still in the lead in the wild card for NL. The game wasn't on t.v. last night,I felt a little in withdraw:)

The Yanks just beat the Tigers 2-0 behind Chin Wang .... Its nice to see the Tigers back.. but they are so unseasoned under pressure .. I wonder if they are going to hang on and win their division.

Why do you despise the Yanks?

klaatu
08-30-2006, 02:33 PM

Nicely said Thorn ... I grew up smelling spring training in the air! Baseball is in my bones .. its such a great game and so underappreciated by those who just dont get it. (the video action game generation)

A few years ago I sent a letter off to MLB with a suggestion on how to win back America's inner city. Thats where Baseball needs to win back the hearts and minds of American Children.. because if you notice ... America is falling behind in bringing up future baseball stars.

I suggested that they invest in America's inner cities... invest with their money and their minds... become a presence. Build Little League Ball Parks and donate equipment and uniforms so the underpriveldged kids could take part in the sport.
Well ..lo and behold ...Baseball now has a program that does just that..... not sayng that it was a result of my letter.. :cof1:

TRGLDTE
08-30-2006, 02:34 PM
The Yanks just beat the Tigers 2-0 behind Chin Wang .... Its nice to see the Tigers back.. but they are so unseasoned under pressure .. I wonder if they are going to hang on and win their division.

Why do you despise the Yanks? Some people just hate winnners.

Thorn
08-30-2006, 02:46 PM
I really like the Yankees, and their manager, Joe Torre, is a great guy. We used to live in Detroit (well, a northern suburb) and went to Tigers' games when Sparky Anderson was Manager. I think that Jim Leland deserves a lot of credit for the way he's been able to guide the team forward this year, despite some weak pitching at times.

My NJ-born husband hates the Yankees too, for just the reason that klaatu gave -- he'd prefer to root for the "underdog". I just want to see superb baseball. After seeing my first major league game I was quite abashed to compare the magnificence of that play with our pickup softball games :o

My Dad used to go to Florida every year for Spring Training -- now there's a fan! My husband doesn't go that far, but we both are avid watchers of whatever games we can pick up on satellite.

One word about the coverage: I HATE Fox Sports Southwest!!!!! Quit making it like a damned arcade game with the excessive animated graphics and the stupid bells and other sound effects and stick to the game for pete's sake!

krisy
08-30-2006, 02:52 PM

Why do you despise the Yanks?

Because I love the BoSox!!!!

Big Papi rocks!!!

krisy
08-30-2006, 02:56 PM
Nicely said Thorn ... I grew up smelling spring training in the air! Baseball is in my bones .. its such a great game and so underappreciated by those who just dont get it. (the video action game generation)

A few years ago I sent a letter off to MLB with a suggestion on how to win back America's inner city. Thats where Baseball needs to win back the hearts and minds of American Children.. because if you notice ... America is falling behind in bringing up future baseball stars.

I suggested that they invest in America's inner cities... invest with their money and their minds... become a presence. Build Little League Ball Parks and donate equipment and uniforms so the underpriveldged kids could take part in the sport.
Well ..lo and behold ...Baseball now has a program that does just that..... not sayng that it was a result of my letter.. :cof1:

It's in my bones too. Every night I watch baseball. We have the MLB channel,so if the Reds aren't playing I can watch the BoSox or see how the Reds' competetion is doing. I'm lost after the World Series is over. I feel like there is nothing fun to do anymore. Watching baseball is something that takes me away from everyday worries too.

Thorn
08-30-2006, 03:01 PM
Big Papi rocks!!!

I like him too, but he's just about the only one on the team I do like. Sadly, I just read (yesterday?) that he may have some serious knee problems (I think it was his knee) and may be out for a while.

klaatu
08-30-2006, 03:37 PM
Because I love the BoSox!!!!

Big Papi rocks!!!

Well that makes sense! lol!! As a Yankee fan .. I must admit I do not have much love for the BoSox ....

Too bad about Papi and Manny .... but we Yankee fans lost Matsui and Shef.... for the entire season!

One thing though.... I admire the hell out of Bill Belichick and the Patriots!

klaatu
08-30-2006, 03:40 PM
I like him too, but he's just about the only one on the team I do like. Sadly, I just read (yesterday?) that he may have some serious knee problems (I think it was his knee) and may be out for a while.

Agree ...its hard not to like Papi ... but Jeter is the clear cut MVP this year... he means more to that team than anyone else outside of Mo Rivera ... it proved itself out this year with all the injuries the Yanks had to endure ...

krisy
08-30-2006, 04:28 PM

I heard something too this morning. It was someone else's knee I think,and Big Papi's was having an irregular heartbeat. I could sware that is what they said. I think I will go look that up,I forgot about it until now.

I really hope he is o.k.-he seems like a super nice guy.

Damocles
08-30-2006, 04:40 PM
I don't mind baseball, it's just that once football starts I don't care about it anymore.

Immanuel
08-31-2006, 06:23 AM
Oakland.

I hardly even follow baseball anymore. I didn't even know the A's were in first place until about a week ago.

It all started when I moved East. Everytime you look at the paper, half the teams have an 'X' beside their names that means (late game played) and the papers never knew who won and what place the teams were in. I completely lost interest.

Go A's!!

Immie

klaatu
08-31-2006, 11:20 AM
Oakland.

I hardly even follow baseball anymore. I didn't even know the A's were in first place until about a week ago.

It all started when I moved East. Everytime you look at the paper, half the teams have an 'X' beside their names that means (late game played) and the papers never knew who won and what place the teams were in. I completely lost interest.

Go A's!!

Immie

Have you ever heard of a new fangled technology called the internet? Some websites have up to the minute news .. try it you might like it ... roflmao!