PDA

View Full Version : Morning After Pill

Pages : [1] 2

toby
08-25-2006, 10:01 AM
What happens if you take the morning after pill 8 weeks after instead of the day after?

Damocles
08-25-2006, 10:16 AM
Nothing, the child has already attached to the uterine wall.

Immanuel
08-25-2006, 10:17 AM
According to a lady from Planned Parenthood that I saw on TV this morning, nothing. Of course, if you believe her... well, I won't go into that.

Immie

toby
08-25-2006, 10:31 AM
I guess we will see when the lawsuits come rolling in.

Immanuel
08-25-2006, 11:23 AM
I guess we will see when the lawsuits come rolling in.

I doubt it. It will be hidden deep in the press or they will state the cause of death to be Toxic Shock Syndrome.

Immie

Jarod
08-25-2006, 12:16 PM
Finally a good decision by the Bush FDA!

bob
08-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Finally a good decision by the Bush FDA!

LOL... is bush the only person in our gov nowadays... just curious cause bush seems too be the only person getting credit for anything

Jarod
08-25-2006, 01:36 PM
LOL... is bush the only person in our gov nowadays... just curious cause bush seems too be the only person getting credit for anything

The Bush Admin appoints the heads of the FDA....

bob
08-25-2006, 01:46 PM
The Bush Admin appoints the heads of the FDA....

well the way you sound, bush dose everything himself

Jarod
08-25-2006, 02:01 PM
well the way you sound, bush dose everything himself

No, but he appointed the head of the FDA with full knoledge that in doing so this particular apointee was for the approval of this particular drug for this particular purpose.

bob
08-25-2006, 02:04 PM
No, but he appointed the head of the FDA with full knoledge that in doing so this particular apointee was for the approval of this particular drug for this particular purpose.

soo that was bush's master plan... the morning after pill ?

what a lagecy..... now he can fire them right ?

Jarod
08-25-2006, 02:07 PM
soo that was bush's master plan... the morning after pill ?

what a lagecy..... now he can fire them right ?

Hey, I think he did the right thing. I am happy about something he did for once. But yes I belive he did it with intent and knoledge of the result.

bob
08-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Hey, I think he did the right thing. I am happy about something he did for once. But yes I belive he did it with intent and knoledge of the result.

i am not knocking the pill

tianabautre
08-25-2006, 02:37 PM
I doubt it. It will be hidden deep in the press or they will state the cause of death to be Toxic Shock Syndrome.

Immie

who is "they"?

Cancel7
08-25-2006, 02:53 PM
who is "they"?

Feminists. Do you have to ask?

Who else is always looking for inventive ways to "murder babies" and then put a PC spin on it?

You know, I mean besides for neocons.

Jarod
08-25-2006, 03:30 PM
Feminists... You mean people who belive women should be treated as equals to men?

LadyT
08-25-2006, 03:46 PM
LOL! Thanks for clearing that up guys. I was a little confused about the conspiracy.

Immanuel
08-25-2006, 08:56 PM
Feminists. Do you have to ask?

Who else is always looking for inventive ways to "murder babies" and then put a PC spin on it?

You know, I mean besides for neocons.

Well, you are close. The truth is that it is the abortion lobby who will defend their industry with every bit of gusto that greed can muster and the government that allowed another dangerous drug like RU-486 to hit the market without proper research.

:clink:

And I am no neocon. I simply believe that life is precious and should be defended first and foremost. We should always err on the side of life not greed or selfishness.

Immie

Jarod
08-26-2006, 07:52 AM
Well, you are close. The truth is that it is the abortion lobby who will defend their industry with every bit of gusto that greed can muster and the government that allowed another dangerous drug like RU-486 to hit the market without proper research.

And I am no neocon. I simply believe that life is precious and should be defended first and foremost. We should always err on the side of life not greed or selfishness.

Immie

If it were about money for planned parenthood, as Immanuel always claims, they would be against this pill as it is MUCH MUCH less expensive than an abortion and allows the pregnant girl to bypass the clinic and go stright to the pharmacy.

Care4all
08-26-2006, 08:27 AM
my concern, is that without a prescription for this, what is to prevent the girl from taking this drug two months in a row, which can be very harmful to the girl if she does?

they say there will be warnings not to take this pill more than once in a year, i believe it says, but who is really going to pay attention to that or stop the girl from doing that without a prescription?

that's my only concern for this pill, otherwise i am ok with it!

Damocles
08-26-2006, 08:47 AM
If it were about money for planned parenthood, as Immanuel always claims, they would be against this pill as it is MUCH MUCH less expensive than an abortion and allows the pregnant girl to bypass the clinic and go stright to the pharmacy.
Nah, it is better to make money with the least effort. It may make less profit in the short run, but you can fire workers and make more in the long run. If it is all about profit they'd be for this more than regular abortion. It isn't a zero sum game. Even lawyer's practices should make that clear. Least amount of effort, or cheapest, is often best.

Jarod
08-26-2006, 09:07 AM
Nah, it is better to make money with the least effort. It may make less profit in the short run, but you can fire workers and make more in the long run. If it is all about profit they'd be for this more than regular abortion. It isn't a zero sum game. Even lawyer's practices should make that clear. Least amount of effort, or cheapest, is often best.

Except that the women can go to a pharmacy to get this pill, they wont need PP at all!

Jarod
08-26-2006, 09:09 AM

Even a LAWYER wants people to take a case to trial instead of settleing it. He gets more money that way!

krisy
08-26-2006, 09:13 AM
This pill will do nothing but make women go out even more and have unprotected sex and know they won't have to worry about it the next day. If your worries about getting pregnant,or are regularly sexually active...why not just get on the pill or use a condom? Wait,that would mean personal reposibility,which the makers of this pill apparently don't advocate.

More disease and more death will come from this ,I fear.

Jarod
08-26-2006, 09:20 AM
This pill will do nothing but make women go out even more and have unprotected sex and know they won't have to worry about it the next day. If your worries about getting pregnant,or are regularly sexually active...why not just get on the pill or use a condom? Wait,that would mean personal reposibility,which the makers of this pill apparently don't advocate.

If people want to engage in unhealthy practices they should be free to do so, this is America!

Jarod
08-26-2006, 09:22 AM
Even a LAWYER wants people to take a case to trial instead of settleing it. He gets more money that way!

A trial is much more work than settling a case... but I get paid much more and thus I perfer a trial.

IN the case of this pill it is one step toward making Planned Parenthood obsolite.

Damocles
08-26-2006, 09:25 AM
Except that the women can go to a pharmacy to get this pill, they wont need PP at all!
Ah, but most, like with other birth control, want a place of privacy to get it. The Pharmacy won't be their regular stopping point.

Damocles
08-26-2006, 09:27 AM
A smart lawyer knows that if he can get money for almost no outlay he has, in the end, made more money. The problem is, most lawyers make terrible businessmen. You treat it as a zero sum game and you will make minimum profit. It'll still be better than the regular, but it won't be the REAL money you can make.

krisy
08-26-2006, 09:40 AM
If people want to engage in unhealthy practices they should be free to do so, this is America!

This is true. and with that being the case,I don't want my tax dollars funding things like abortions because a woman and her man,or a man,were too lazy too wear a condom,get on birth control,or abstain. If this pill causes medical problems...who will pay for it?

I am strongly against things like junk food tax,tobacco lawsuits and government in any way telling us how to behave,but for me pregnancy is a much stronger issue. We are talking about creating a life. We shouldn't promote bad behavior,that could cost us later.

Care4all
08-26-2006, 10:11 AM
This is true. and with that being the case,I don't want my tax dollars funding things like abortions because a woman and her man,or a man,were too lazy too wear a condom,get on birth control,or abstain. If this pill causes medical problems...who will pay for it?

I am strongly against things like junk food tax,tobacco lawsuits and government in any way telling us how to behave,but for me pregnancy is a much stronger issue. We are talking about creating a life. We shouldn't promote bad behavior,that could cost us later.

The same things were said about the Birth Control Pill when Congress was deciding whether to make it legal to get....and now you are promoting(for the lack of a better word on my lips :) ), it as the healthier or better means to prevent pregnancy Krisy....if the morning after pill encourages people to have unprotected sex or sex outside of marriage, then don't you think the Pill does the same thing?

And when is this just going to go back in to the hands of the Parents... teaching right from wrong....? Why should the government be involved at all, is what I guess I am asking, and I think you already answered that...

care

Sir Evil
08-26-2006, 10:21 AM
In the modern age pre-marital sex happens, accept it. This pill or any other is'nt going to change the fact. It won't help or worsen the cause. Sex is the best drug known to mankind, and probably the most addictive. Fighting the pros & cons of this pill is a losing cause, like most drugs it will be available somewhere somehow if someone wishes to get their hands on it!

krisy
08-26-2006, 10:22 AM
The same things were said about the Birth Control Pill when Congress was deciding whether to make it legal to get....and now you are promoting(for the lack of a better word on my lips :) ), it as the healthier or better means to prevent pregnancy Krisy....if the morning after pill encourages people to have unprotected sex or sex outside of marriage, then don't you think the Pill does the same thing?

And when is this just going to go back in to the hands of the Parents... teaching right from wrong....? Why should the government be involved at all, is what I guess I am asking, and I think you already answered that...

care

You have a good point about the birth control pill. I look at this morning after as worse,because in my eyes,it destroys life,and that is where government has to decide. Ultimately,abstinance is the best way,but I bet almost everyone here would argue that is not going to work. It is what I will teach my kids. I cannot promote them having sex and risk pregnancy or disease. What good am I if I don't try to pass along my moral values and just give in to the evils of society by saying..."go ahead and have sex,but if you do,make sure you get the morning after pill or use a condom"

It is all about personal responsibility. It has to be taught and enforced with our children,or they will grow up to be hippies:p

Damocles
08-26-2006, 10:23 AM
Hey... Nothing wrong with hippies. You should have seen me before I joined the Navy!

krisy
08-26-2006, 10:25 AM
In the modern age pre-marital sex happens, accept it. This pill or any other is'nt going to change the fact. It won't help or worsen the cause. Sex is the best drug known to mankind, and probably the most addictive. Fighting the pros & cons of this pill is a losing cause, like most drugs it will be available somewhere somehow if someone wishes to get their hands on it!

Don't you think that is giving in to something you or any given individual might think is wrong? It's the same argument a lot of people have for abortion. They say if we don't keep it legal,then women will have them in back alleys anyway...and they will get hurt.

I say if they know it's not an easy option,they might think twice about having sex all over the place.

Damocles
08-26-2006, 10:27 AM
I think the pill is just one more thing that allows another decision for a person. Right or wrong...

People make these choices every day, learning how to tell is the direction you should take. It will serve our children better to teach them this than it will to try to take from them all of these choices so that there is no more chance for free will to be used.

krisy
08-26-2006, 10:33 AM
I think the opnon on this morning after pill,for most people, is basically going to go along with how they feel on abortion. A lot will argue it's not abortion,some will say it is. I just don't like it. I think with cloning,and picking the gender of your child and all the other things going on in the world,we are trying to play God way to much...it's dangerous IMO.

Sir Evil
08-26-2006, 10:35 AM
Don't you think that is giving in to something you or any given individual might think is wrong? It's the same argument a lot of people have for abortion. They say if we don't keep it legal,then women will have them in back alleys anyway...and they will get hurt.

I say if they know it's not an easy option,they might think twice about having sex all over the place.

Krisy - I'm not advocating anything other than the fact that people will have sex regardless of what pills are available to them.

I see where you stand on abortion, I am not looking to go that route but what do these pills prevent? They prevent life as well. In a day when sex was a purpose of procreation and only that, these would make for better examples of argument. I don't even know when that time existed but today people are having sex recreationally, and it's nothing new. I see this pill as a choice for those who wanna have sex, and are thinking of the consoqunces of their actions, also that is keeping safe sex in mind. Just my opinion though....

Brent
08-26-2006, 11:23 AM
I think the opnon on this morning after pill,for most people, is basically going to go along with how they feel on abortion. A lot will argue it's not abortion,some will say it is. I just don't like it. I think with cloning,and picking the gender of your child and all the other things going on in the world,we are trying to play God way to much...it's dangerous IMO.

I agree

Care4all
08-26-2006, 02:18 PM

imo, usually the girls that ''have sex all over the place'' know quite a bit about birth control....

it is usually the one who doesn't, the one who expects not to have sex, is the one ill prepared.... :(

Damocles
08-26-2006, 02:19 PM
In my experience the ones who had "sex all over the place" were seeking to have children more often than the others as well.

Care4all
08-26-2006, 02:22 PM
or as damo has said, they are on a conscious or subconscious quest to have a baby.

krisy
08-26-2006, 03:17 PM
LOL-I guess you guys liked(or didn't) my sex all over the place comment :pke:

Damocles
08-26-2006, 03:22 PM
LOL. It wasn't that I didn't like it.

Sir Evil
08-26-2006, 03:28 PM

Sex all over the place is a good thing, in the car, in the kitchen, on the dining room table, in the shower, on a boat, in the woods, at the drive-in, on top of the car, in the swimming pool, or wherever else, just do it responsibly! :cof1:

Jarod
08-26-2006, 03:37 PM
A smart lawyer knows that if he can get money for almost no outlay he has, in the end, made more money. The problem is, most lawyers make terrible businessmen. You treat it as a zero sum game and you will make minimum profit. It'll still be better than the regular, but it won't be the REAL money you can make.

Any money I lay out for a trial I get back. I get paid back 100% of my costs + my fee!

Damocles
08-26-2006, 03:39 PM
Any money I lay out for a trial I get back. I get paid back 100% of my costs + my fee!
It's not outlay. It's time. Time is money. If you can get paid a set amount for little time outlay you have a winner and a way to make more than the regular lawyer. You keep thinking it is zero sum, it is not.

Jarod
08-26-2006, 03:40 PM

IN any age pre-marital sex happens!

Sir Evil
08-26-2006, 03:41 PM

Your a lawyer?

Damocles
08-26-2006, 03:42 PM
It's not outlay. It's time. Time is money. If you can get paid a set amount for little time outlay you have a winner and a way to make more than the regular lawyer. You keep thinking it is zero sum, it is not.
In the case of Planned Parenthood, they can get paid for only having one person rather than a Doctor and that person... The less Doctors they have to hire to get the job done the more money they can make by not paying for that.

In your case... A set fee for something like a Will can net you quick money...

Other, now billionaires, lawyers realized this and put it online for easy acces with directions. They became billionaires through ingenius use of time! It isn't the time they spend, but whether it is spent smartly. It is your most valuable asset, use it very discriminately.

Cancel7
08-26-2006, 05:45 PM

This reminds me quite a bit of the argument some conservatives make against Universal Health care. I have actually seen them argue (and in this group too) that if you give people "free" health care they won't take care of their health. They'll smoke and make unhealthy eating choices, because if they don't care if they get sick because someone else is paying for it. That cracked me up. As if, given Universal Health care, I'm going to start chain smoking, and then when I get lung cancer just get hysterical laughing over it Ha ha, boy did I put one over on the taxpayers or what? I've got stage 3 lung cancer and YOU have to pay for it. hahahhahahaah. Oh it's so funny.

So now, if I have freer access to the morning after pill, I'm going to be out every night screwing my brains out (oh sorry if screwing offends you, maybe I should say "sleeping all over the place", because you know, that's not offensive) so anyway, I'm going to be out screwing, with no protection, laughing my ass off about it because I can always go get the morning after pill.

Which you can't take often, and which is not always effective, and which sane people understand is for an EMERGENCY. Thus, it is known as "emergency contraceptives". Because it's for an emergency. Like if the condom breaks. Did you know that they do that sometimes? I've had it happen.

And I don't even have sex all over the place.

Whatever that means.

This is just another form of birth control, for when your birth control of choice, fails. That's all it is. It's just another for a woman to keep control of her body and of her reproductive choices. It's another way for her to choose not to reproduce, but still choose to make love. If it has any effect on the abortion rate, it will be to lower it. Which, you would think we could all agree would be a good thing. But nooooo. So what does this tell me? It tells me what I've always known. It's not about abortion, it's about control.

Damocles
08-26-2006, 05:47 PM
She said "make love" I'm offended.

Cancel7
08-26-2006, 05:50 PM
She said "make love" I'm offended.

Yes well, even some of us liberal sluts, who believe a woman must control her own body while we're sleeping all over the place, have found that that's the best sex to be had anywhere.

Doesn't mean we want to have a baby every time we do it. Oh and Damo, do you know anyone who isn't a conservative over at this other site wherever it is? I mean, what is that site, free republic? Shit .

:)

Damocles
08-26-2006, 05:51 PM
I can see a scenario where one would otherwise say no, but knowing this was accessible may say yes.

Imagine. Right before while both are all bothered and ready the contraception fails. They know it failed but have no backup. Are they slightly more likely to continue rather than reign in their impulse because they know that consequences are likely to be lighter if they use this? They know they can... Ahhh... Why not?

Saying that there never could be a circumstance that one might otherwise have said no to unprotected sex, but might go ahead because of this product is, IMHO, objectionable to my intelligence. I couldn't care less if you call it "screwing" over "making love"... That's all ridiculous anyway.

Sir Evil
08-26-2006, 05:52 PM
So now, if I have freer access to the morning after pill, I'm going to be out every night screwing my brains out (oh sorry if screwing offends you, maybe I should say "sleeping all over the place", because you know, that's not offensive) so anyway, I'm going to be out screwing, with no protection, laughing my ass off about it because I can always go get the morning after pill.

Way to jump allover the new people! It's called an opinion, is she not entitled to it if you don't agree?

You have so much pent up anger I have to wonder if you were'nt an accident of birth yourself.

Damocles
08-26-2006, 05:53 PM
Yes well, even some of us liberal sluts, who believe a woman must control her own body while we're sleeping all over the place, have found that that's the best sex to be had anywhere.

Doesn't mean we want to have a baby every time we do it. Oh and Damo, do you know anyone who isn't a conservative over at this other site wherever it is? I mean, what is that site, free republic? Shit .

LOL. No it isn't Free Republic... but it is heavily conservative. It's basically the old site in bizarro.

Sir Evil
08-26-2006, 05:55 PM
Imagine. Right before while both are all bothered and ready the contraception fails. They know it failed but have no backup. Are they slightly more likely to continue rather than reign in their impulse because they know that consequences are likely to be lighter if they use this? They know they can... Ahhh... Why not?

what ever happened to oral copulation!
:cof1:

Cancel7
08-26-2006, 05:55 PM
I can see a scenario where one would otherwise say know, but knowing this was accessible may say yes.

Saying that there never could be a circumstance that one might otherwise had said not to unprotected sex, but go ahead because of the product is, IMHO, objectionable to my intelligence. I couldn't care less if you call it "screwing" over "making love"... That's all ridiculous anyway.

There are always possible scenarios to anything.

What business is that of yours, or of hers? You don't belong in that bed making that decision. Mind your own business.

It's a contraceptive. If someone chooses to make love after their first choice contraceptive fails, because they have a second choice, it's none of your business, it's none of her business, and it's none of my business.

The difference seems to be, that I couldn't care less in the first place. Only sex life I'm interested in is my own.

Sir Evil
08-26-2006, 05:56 PM
Yes well, even some of us liberal sluts

Are you?

Damocles
08-26-2006, 05:58 PM
There are always possible scenarios to anything.

What business is that of yours, or of hers? You don't belong in that bed making that decision. Mind your own business.

It's a contraceptive. If someone chooses to make love after their first choice contraceptive fails, because they have a second choice, it's none of your business, it's none of her business, and it's none of my business.

The difference seems to be, that I couldn't care less in the first place. Only sex life I'm interested in is my own.
No. You specifically went on a long-assed rant telling me how nobody would EVER do this. I simply gave a scenario where it was clear it could. Now that you are caught out you simply suggest my opinion where none was given and fight that paper tiger....

Joust away, but you are aiming at the wrong target.

Cancel7
08-26-2006, 06:01 PM
No. You specifically went on a long-assed rant telling me how nobody would EVER do this. I simply gave a scenario where it was clear it could. Now that you are caught out you simply suggest my opinion where none was given and fight that paper tiger....

Joust away, but you are aiming at the wrong target.

I never said nobody would ever do that. I'm smart enough to never say, never OR always. No such things exist.

However, sane people do understand that this is emergency birth control, for emergencies. And that most uses of it will be when primary birth control fails. It's that simple. Hey, guess what, some people huff glue and get off on cough medicine. so what? Do most people? No, most people use both for their primary purpose. That's why we sell it. Same thing here.

Cypress
08-26-2006, 06:05 PM
Women don't need big brother government making decisions for them about whether they "might" use the pill to have "sex all over the place."

The pills have been deemed safe and effective by expert scientists. The decision lies with women now, not some sweaty overweight males, in a Mississipi Legislature.

Damocles
08-26-2006, 06:06 PM
I never said nobody would ever do that. I'm smart enough to never say, never OR always. No such things exist.

However, sane people do understand that this is emergency birth control, for emergencies. And that most uses of it will be when primary birth control fails. It's that simple. Hey, guess what, some people huff glue and get off on cough medicine. so what? Do most people? No, most people use both for their primary purpose. That's why we sell it. Same thing here.
LOL. Actually they seriously limit it, but that's fine. Your rant was clear...

People who are sane won't do this! Was the couple in my scenario sane? They appeared so in my mind. Even in this next post: "sane people do understand" makes it clear that you believe that such a normal scenario could never exist. That this will only happen in extreme circumstances where two insane people get together....

Please. Attempting to dismiss the objection that was presented by another poster, not myself, with "That only happens with CRAZY Peoples" isn't working. You've been caught out and wanted to fight some strawmen for effect.

1. I never suggested my opinion on this drug, only of your argument.
2. I have never stated that it shouldn't be available.

Cancel7
08-26-2006, 06:07 PM
Women don't need big brother government making decisions for them about whether the "might" use the pill to have "sex all over the place."

The pills have been deemed safe and effective by expert scientists. The decision lies with women now, not some sweaty overweight males, in a Mississipi Legislature.

Or Krisy and Damo. ;)

Hey Cypress! I gotta run, but I wanted to say hi. I'll send you an email soon, I haven't talked to you in a while. Have a good one!

Sir Evil
08-26-2006, 06:08 PM
Women don't need big brother government making decisions for them about whether they "might" use the pill to have "sex all over the place."

Safe? Take them often do ya?

Go play with your mudflap........shitbrick!

Cypress
08-26-2006, 06:09 PM
Or Krisy and Damo. ;)

Hey Cypress! I gotta run, but I wanted to say hi. I'll send you an email soon, I haven't talked to you in a while. Have a good one!

Take good care, and have a good weekend!

Sir Evil
08-26-2006, 06:10 PM
Or Krisy and Damo. ;)

Hey Cypress! I gotta run

Where ya going, to the pharmacy for the morning after pill? :cof1:

Damocles
08-26-2006, 06:10 PM
Or Krisy and Damo. ;)

She once again assumes my opinion and argues with a Strawman. Quit giving me my opinion. I can express it on my own, and far better than you because I actually know what it is. If you'd like to know what it is, you can ask or you can wait for me to express it. Just don't assume... It's degrading to yourself...

Cypress
08-26-2006, 06:11 PM
Odd, that when Viagra came out there was no debate about declining moral values and increased unintended pregnancies caused by frisky men taking the pill who used the pill to have "sex all over the place"

Cancel7
08-26-2006, 06:11 PM
LOL. Actually they seriously limit it, but that's fine. Your rant was clear...

People who are sane won't do this! Was the couple in my scenario sane? They appeared so in my mind. Even in this next post: "sane people do understand" makes it clear that you believe that such a normal scenario could never exist. That this will only happen in extreme circumstances where two insane people get together....

Please. Attempting to dismiss the objection that was presented by another poster, not myself, with "That only happens with CRAZY Peoples" isn't working. You've been caught out and wanted to fight some strawmen for effect.

1. I never suggested my opinion on this drug, only of your argument.
2. I have never stated that it shouldn't be available.

No, my statement was that sane people understand the primary purpose of this pill, it passed no judgement either way on those using it.

You're twisting my words in your feverish desire to have me "caught out". In fact, you're making shit up Damo. My statements are specifically and obviously about people like you and Krisy going off half-assed and claiming that this is going to cause some big outbreak of unprotected, and implicitly, immoral, sex. Not about the people using the pill, so knock that off right now, because one thing I do not like is someone making up shit that I said. If you can't read, sue your university, but don't make shit up about what I said.

And, you're using the copout of all copouts "I never even expressed an opinion ."

So then what are you doing on this thread besides jerking off while claiming you "caught me out"?

Cancel7
08-26-2006, 06:13 PM
She once again assumes my opinion and argues with a Strawman. Quit giving me my opinion. I can express it on my own, and far better than you because I actually know what it is. If you'd like to know what it is, you can ask or you can wait for me to express it. Just don't assume... It's degrading to yourself...

Obviously you can't because you are claiming you haven't expressed one yet. And you've made enough posts on this thread where if you haven't expressed an opinion, but are just so happening to back up Krisy, then we know what your opinion is, and if that's not your opinion?

Then stop playing the coy virgin, and spit it out. Because you're just being annoying, not clever.

Damocles
08-26-2006, 06:14 PM
No, my statement was that sane people understand the primary purpose of this pill, it passed no judgement either way on those using it.

You're twisting my words in your feverish desire to have me "caught out". In fact, you're making shit up Damo. My statements are specifically and obviously about people like you and Krisy going off half-assed and claiming that this is going to cause some big outbreak of unprotected, and implicitly, immoral, sex. Not about the people using the pill, so knock that off right now, because one thing I do not like is someone making up shit that I said. If you can't read, sue your university, but don't make shit up about what I said.

And, you're using the copout of all copouts "I never even expressed an opinion ."

So then what are you doing on this thread besides jerking off while claiming you "caught me out"?
And you aren't "making sh*t up? Come on. You have yet to even ask my opinion...

I can keep an argument honest by pointing out the fallacy of the argument without expressing an opinion on the subject. I have been known to do it in the past and will continue to do so in the future. There is no need to be so disingenuous as to presume an opinion where none has been expressed.

Sir Evil
08-26-2006, 06:14 PM

Damos - that there is an utter waste of space! no debating skills whatsoever, and nastier than what probably resides in her panties the "morning after"

Damocles
08-26-2006, 06:16 PM
Obviously you can't because you are claiming you haven't expressed one yet. And you've made enough posts on this thread where if you haven't expressed an opinion, but are just so happening to back up Krisy, then we know what your opinion is, and if that's not your opinion?

Then stop playing the coy virgin, and spit it out. Because you're just being annoying, not clever.
I'm not backing up her opinion, I am pointing out the holes in your argument.

The "Only insane people believe that this might cause more people to have unprotected sex" argument isn't working. I presented a scenario where it could happen, you don't argue that yet continue to express only insane people might think that more unprotected sex might happen because of this.

That argument is a fallacy.

Sir Evil
08-26-2006, 06:16 PM
Odd, that when Viagra came out there was no debate about declining moral values and increased unintended pregnancies caused by frisky men taking the pill who used the pill to have "sex all over the place"

Shut up mudflap, and stop whining about your......:gpow:

Damocles
08-26-2006, 06:17 PM
Now as for my opinion. I think that this pill should be available.

Damocles
08-26-2006, 06:20 PM

And the reason I think so is the same test as I use for abortion... Would I advise my daughter to use this product? Can I see a scenario where I might advise my daughter to use this? (Notice I say advise because I do realize it is her choice in the end).

The answer was, yes.

Cypress
08-26-2006, 06:20 PM

LOL

A classic Damocles - playing devil's advocate. I'll never forget you spending twenty threads poo-pooing the science of global warming, only to admit you support integrated approaches to reducing CO2 emissions.

God love ya. ;)

Damocles
08-26-2006, 06:22 PM
LOL

A classic Damocles - playing devil's advocate. I'll never forget you spending twenty threads poo-pooing the science of global warming, only to admit you support integrated approaches to reducing CO2 emissions.

God love ya. ;)

Yeah, I believe you often learn more when looking at it from the opposing side of the argument.

krisy
08-26-2006, 08:27 PM

Maybe you should grow up,darla and not take things so personally. Yes,I am Conservative,and no where did I mention "sluts" or "liberals' together. I believe a woman taking control of her body is doing what she has to do to prevent unwanted pregnancy in the first place. Abortions have terrible,long lasting effects on women. You don't just forget it the day after. Too big a deal is being made about my sleeping all over the place comment. If you don't think that SOME,I say SOME will be a little more provacative,then I disagree. Plenty of women use abortion as birth control as it is...having 3 and 4 of them.

Also,if you want people that will agree with you all the time,why don't you go over to DU?

Damocles,you seem more liberal on this board than I have seen you on the other two. Have you changed your thinking?

Damocles
08-26-2006, 08:30 PM
Damocles,you seem more liberal on this board than I have seen you on the other two. Have you changed your thinking?

Not particularly... I'm just more openly Libertarian. Having this available doesn't change my stance on abortion either. I would prefer we remove the fetus and attempt to keep it alive thus allowing for both the reproductive choice of the woman and recognizing the life...

In time this would make true reproductive choice happen. Where women could choose to incubate naturally or ex utero...

Damocles
08-26-2006, 08:32 PM
Not particularly... I'm just more openly Libertarian. Having this available doesn't change my stance on abortion either. I would prefer we remove the fetus and attempt to keep it alive thus allowing for both the reproductive choice of the woman and recognizing the life...

In time this would make true reproductive choice happen. Where women could choose to incubate naturally or ex utero...

In other words I am against purposefully killing a fetus that has attached to a uterine wall.

Sir Evil
08-26-2006, 08:33 PM
Also,if you want people that will agree with you all the time,why don't you go over to DU?

Don't sweat it Krisy, she has already declared herself a liberal slut so leave well enough alone before she actually believes that she may be something else.

And to be honest, most here are extremely partisan in their views, half won't even discuss something with you if you are not posting rhetorical open assed bullshit! The other half, well the jusry is still out, but there are a few that can at least discuss an issue once middle ground if found.

krisy
08-26-2006, 08:38 PM
Don't sweat it Krisy, she has already declared herself a liberal slut so leave well enough alone before she actually believes that she may be something else.

And to be honest, most here are extremely partisan in their views, half won't even discuss something with you if you are not posting rhetorical open assed bullshit! The other half, well the jusry is still out, but there are a few that can at least discuss an issue once middle ground if found.

Don't worry,I won't sweat her. She is busy tearing Damo a new one about putting words in her mouth,yet she did just that to me. I have been friendly in my argument and have insulted no one,except for women that sleep around and are irresponsible. As strongly as I disagree with Liberals,rarely will I insult them personally on a message board. Darla has shown her maturity level,and given me a first impression of someone who is maybe a little irrational.

Sir Evil
08-26-2006, 08:44 PM
Darla has shown her maturity level,and given me a first impression of someone who is maybe a little irrational.

Atta girl Krisy! don't go forgetting my maturity level though, I flame the hell out of all of em' then try to make a little peace! :cof1:

seriously though, ain't no sense in trying to warm up to this onel, she so cold her nipples would make excellent coat racks!

krisy
08-26-2006, 09:06 PM
Atta girl Krisy! don't go forgetting my maturity level though, I flame the hell out of all of em' then try to make a little peace! :cof1:

seriously though, ain't no sense in trying to warm up to this onel, she so cold her nipples would make excellent coat racks!

It appears you may be right!!:confused:

Seriously,I can't stand when people cannot disagree in a mature way and have to result in misquotes and lies...or even insults.
I like to hear the other sides point of view. I probably won't change my mind,but I will hear them out. Sometimes they make good points,like care4all's argument about the pill.

datrla sounds like a hard core feminist...maybe I am wrong,I'm sure she will let me know. That's not my style. I believe in women and what they can achieve,but I don't have to act like a butch to do that.

Sir Evil
08-26-2006, 09:10 PM
It appears you may be right!!:confused:

Seriously,I can't stand when people cannot disagree in a mature way and have to result in misquotes and lies...or even insults.
I like to hear the other sides point of view. I probably won't change my mind,but I will hear them out. Sometimes they make good points,like care4all's argument about the pill.

datrla sounds like a hard core feminist...maybe I am wrong,I'm sure she will let me know. That's not my style. I believe in women and what they can achieve,but I don't have to act like a butch to do that.

I hear ya Krisy! I try to express myself with opinion representing myself not a party but you almost become instantly classified here. I believe that Care is genuine as well as a few other, take it slow and see what happens.

Oh, want a real girly opinion? ask Cypress! :cof1:

Damocles
08-26-2006, 09:14 PM
Don't worry,I won't sweat her. She is busy tearing Damo a new one about putting words in her mouth,yet she did just that to me. I have been friendly in my argument and have insulted no one,except for women that sleep around and are irresponsible. As strongly as I disagree with Liberals,rarely will I insult them personally on a message board. Darla has shown her maturity level,and given me a first impression of someone who is maybe a little irrational.
LOL. She was "tearing me a new one" because it is embarrassing to be caught out like that. She assumed my opinion and ended up with egg on her face...

I am against abortion when the zygote/fetus has attached to the uterine wall. In every case.

Abortion being the directed killing of the fetus.

I am for:

1. Genuine reproductive choice, not the falsehood of abortion.
2. Working to acheive choice through study.
3. Actually creating a new science, and funding it, to protect both the life and the choice...
4. True women's equality through actual reproductive choice, not slaughter of innocents...

I don't think my stance is all that "liberal"...

;)

Sir Evil
08-26-2006, 09:19 PM
She assumed my opinion and ended up with egg on her face...

Exactly what I was saying! I have been assumed more things in my short time here than I can count, well that not really to high anyway... :cof1:

and I am starting to realize that......:sexy:

krisy
08-26-2006, 09:34 PM
LOL. She was "tearing me a new one" because it is embarrassing to be caught out like that. She assumed my opinion and ended up with egg on her face...

I am against abortion when the zygote/fetus has attached to the uterine wall. In every case.

I am for:

3. Actually creating a new science, and funding it, to protect both the life and the choice...
4. True women's equality through actual reproductive choice, not slaughter of innocents...

;)

I didn't think it was ...on abortion at least. Just from remembering posts on jim's board. I think maybe I misunderstood what you were saying. I do remember that you agree with both side at times,right? That's good by me. Everyone should be entitled to their opinion without...ahem...being insulted(wink,wink):)

Damocles
08-26-2006, 09:35 PM
I didn't think it was ...on abortion at least. Just from remembering posts on jim's board. I think maybe I misunderstood what you were saying. I do remember that you agree with both side at times,right? That's good by me. Everyone should be entitled to their opinion without...ahem...being insulted(wink,wink):)
LOL. nudge, nudge... Knowhatimean?

;)

krisy
08-26-2006, 09:37 PM
Exactly what I was saying! I have been assumed more things in my short time here than I can count, well that not really to high anyway... :cof1:

and I am starting to realize that......:sexy:

I don't care what anyone says evil,you crack me up!! :clink:

Sir Evil
08-26-2006, 09:42 PM
I don't care what anyone says evil,you crack me up!! :clink:

Whatcha saying, I'm not a sexy beast? :cof1:

krisy
08-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Whatcha saying, I'm not a sexy beast? :cof1:

But of course you are...you evil conservative!!!!:)

Sir Evil
08-26-2006, 09:53 PM
But of course you are...you evil conservative!!!!:)

Look under my username, I'm no conservative, I'm megalocon.... but a sexy one at that!...........:clink:

krisy
08-26-2006, 09:54 PM
Look under my username, I'm no conservative, I'm megalocon.... but a sexy one at that!...........:clink:

????????????

Sir Evil
08-26-2006, 09:57 PM
????????????

LOL, it's a self created name. I figured so long as I will be classified I'll do it myself. Megaldon as in the giant prehistoric sharks, also considered beasts, I call myself megalocon, a giant neocon but yet a sexy beast! ;)

krisy
08-26-2006, 10:07 PM
LOL, it's a self created name. I figured so long as I will be classified I'll do it myself. Megaldon as in the giant prehistoric sharks, also considered beasts, I call myself megalocon, a giant neocon but yet a sexy beast! ;)

:thup: :doh:

krisy
08-26-2006, 10:08 PM

:thup: :doh: I knew that!!....(not really)

Sir Evil
08-26-2006, 10:11 PM
:thup: :doh: I knew that!!....(not really)

LOL, me neither but I recently saw a show about them!:cof1:

Care4all
08-27-2006, 02:58 AM
Patience grasshoppers!

Darla is a Diamond in the rough, with a heart of gold. (hahaha! It really is in there, somewhere! I promise you! ;) )

Different strokes for different folks...we all come from different walks of life on here and that is one reason I find this board and other's interesting...meeting people that I never would have the opportunity to meet in my small little circle of friends or family.

That's something she(darling darla :) ) needs to get better at accepting herself!

care

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 07:39 AM
Patience grasshoppers!

Darla is a Diamond in the rough, with a heart of gold. (hahaha! It really is in there, somewhere! I promise you! ;) )

Different strokes for different folks...we all come from different walks of life on here and that is one reason I find this board and other's interesting...meeting people that I never would have the opportunity to meet in my small little circle of friends or family.

That's something she(darling darla :) ) needs to get better at accepting herself!

care

That is a one of the reasons boards can be interesting indeed, but when she has to go and jump on a newbie like that it tends to kill that idea.

You have a bunch of spunk too Care, but I don't see you displaying this nastiness in every post you don't like.

Care4all
08-27-2006, 07:56 AM
That is a one of the reasons boards can be interesting indeed, but when she has to go and jump on a newbie like that it tends to kill that idea.

You have a bunch of spunk too Care, but I don't see you displaying this nastiness in every post you don't like.

Darla isn't me, she wasn't raised by my parents, nor in the same comfort that I had in my house hold, nor with the same religious beliefs....let's just say she was schooled differently than me...but so what? That's what makes her interesting...if she were my sister I would know her already...

And yes, she was very "direct" in her comments but what you don't know is that this is the thorn in her side when it comes to political issues....MEN, through using the government, trying to control women and women's bodies because we are less capable of making our own decisions.

In addition to this, there have been many threads started on this site and the other, where prolifers have been just downright mean, nasty, and as far away from being Christianlike as you could ever imagine with calling these girls murderers. slaughterers, Hollocast makers etc....and all of these comments from MEN that have all stuck their little penuses in to these women outside of marriage themselves....while they get their little blue VIAGRA pill passed through the FDA and paid for by all insurance companies, and it took 10 years to get the pill authorized to be paid for by health insurance MAN RUN COMPANIES.....

So....Krisy hit a sour note with Darla....

And...good morning!

care

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 08:09 AM

And...good morning!

care

Good morning Care!

My gripe is simple, ya would think I was the thorn in her side, ya would think anyone with the opposing view is going to be a thorn in her side. We all tend to jump to a conclusion sometimes but projecting it every time is a bit different.
I try not to judge anyone here, I play around a lot and I see it rubs some the wrong way. Although my views on certain things may be different then yours, you will find by discussing it for a bit a common ground is possible to find.
Krisy is good people, I know her for quite some time now, Darla I have no clue about and apparently never will because she was quick to classify me as an enemy! that's fine, I did'nt come here to make friends, just have some fun.
I have no ill will for her but on the other hand I have nothing much to say either other than my usual flame. I like to have fun on the boards, if she does'nt that's fine but I won't let her attack me everytime I post without still having some fun! :cof1:

Cancel7
08-27-2006, 08:16 AM
Maybe you should grow up,darla and not take things so personally. Yes,I am Conservative,and no where did I mention "sluts" or "liberals' together. I believe a woman taking control of her body is doing what she has to do to prevent unwanted pregnancy in the first place. Abortions have terrible,long lasting effects on women. You don't just forget it the day after. Too big a deal is being made about my sleeping all over the place comment. If you don't think that SOME,I say SOME will be a little more provacative,then I disagree. Plenty of women use abortion as birth control as it is...having 3 and 4 of them.

Abortions have terrible, long lasting effects on some women. Others, and I know some, are just very thankful. One example, I know a woman who became pregnant with what would have been her fourth child in the change of life. She had a abortion and according to her, has never felt anything other than relief over it. You are projecting our mores and values on to all women, thereby consigning any woman who does not feel this way, to the heap. Of garbage by the way.

That's just for openers. We're not talking about abortion on this thread, we're talking about the morning after bill, which is a form of birth control. And if personal responsibility is doing what you have to do to prevent pregnancy in the first place, than the morning after pill is taking responsibility. Why are you conflating it with abortion? The truth is, historically your same argument has been made about birth control pills. Women will have sex more. So? Again, none of your business. Thank God for birth control pills, and thank God for any further advances in birth control, like the morning after pill.

Cancel7
08-27-2006, 08:18 AM
And you aren't "making sh*t up? Come on. You have yet to even ask my opinion...

I can keep an argument honest by pointing out the fallacy of the argument without expressing an opinion on the subject. I have been known to do it in the past and will continue to do so in the future. There is no need to be so disingenuous as to presume an opinion where none has been expressed.

Ok Damo. If that's what makes you happy. I find it annoying,, and in itself, disingenious. Viva la difference.

Cancel7
08-27-2006, 08:19 AM
I'm not backing up her opinion, I am pointing out the holes in your argument.

The "Only insane people believe that this might cause more people to have unprotected sex" argument isn't working. I presented a scenario where it could happen, you don't argue that yet continue to express only insane people might think that more unprotected sex might happen because of this.

That argument is a fallacy.

That wasn't my argument. That's what you want my argument to be.

Cancel7
08-27-2006, 08:24 AM

It's none of your business to pass judement on women you feel sleep around. That startling sexist narrative is what allows society to pass judgement on a woman who is filling prescription for either birth control pills, or the morning after pill in the first place.

Who decides what "sleeping around" is? How many lovers do you have to have before you are termed a woman who sleep around, and therefore can be humuliated at the pharmist? YOU?

You dare to claim your attack is not personal, but by sticking your nose into everyone else's sex lives, you appoint yourself judge and jury, empowered to convict women (always women,. never men, as if they were having sex by themselves) and have them punished by society.

How dare you. Mind your own business. You're married? Worry about what's going on in your bedroom then.

Cancel7
08-27-2006, 08:26 AM

I am for:

;)

In fact, I assumed you were for the pill, your being a self-described Libertarian, it would be nearly unheard of for you not to be.

I knew you were just being a jackass, and jackasses annoy me Damo.

Your continued masturbation over your "caught her out" fantasy, is so childish.

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 08:27 AM
How dare you. Mind your own business. You're married? Worry about what's going on in your bedroom then.

Give it a break Darla, it was her opinion and she was entitled to it! how many times are you going to reply with your digust?
maybe you just need a little...http://www.evilsfunhouse.com/images/smilies/la.gif

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 08:28 AM
Your continued masturbation over your "caught her out" fantasy, is so childish.

Who is childish?:rolleyes:

Cancel7
08-27-2006, 08:29 AM
Patience grasshoppers!

care

No Care, I despise female conservatives.

I have tried to get along with them in the past, in the interest of diversity, but my contempt for them is so strong, it makes that impossible. So now I simply openly tell them what I think. I have no respect for them. They are in my experience, the most incredibly stupid women I have ever come across, and they work and agitate to disempower all women.

I openly despise them. That will not change. Sorry.

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 08:32 AM
No Care, I despise female conservatives.

I have tried to get along with them in the past, in the interest of diversity, but my contempt for them is so strong, it makes that impossible. So now I simply openly tell them what I think. I have no respect for them. They are in my experience, the most incredibly stupid women I have ever come across, and they work and agitate to disempower all women.

I openly despise them. That will not change. Sorry.

Care - see what I mean? there is limited maturity level to deal with here as far as a serious discussion is concerned. She needs a board striclty with people as the same opinions as her self because she is too naive to know that the world does'nt revolve around her way of thinking!

Cancel7
08-27-2006, 08:35 AM
By the way dick, and that would be the evil dick, I notice that everytime I make a post anywhere, your name is right after mine. Dozens upon dozens of times.

While I am not unaware of the honor you do me by following me around like panting poodle, I have you on IA.

So, if you are looking for something, why not take your wet nose, and stick it up the butt of a con lady?

:) :) :) :)

.!.

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 08:42 AM
By the way dick, and that would be the evil dick, I notice that everytime I make a post anywhere, your name is right after mine. Dozens upon dozens of times.

While I am not unaware of the honor you do me by following me around like panting poodle, I have you on IA.

So, if you are looking for something, why not take your wet nose, and stick it up the butt of a con lady?

:lolup: :lolup: :lolup:

Hilarious, Best reply I have seen from you yet!

The evil dick

Care4all
08-27-2006, 08:46 AM
don't do the iggie on him darla, that will make this LESS fun for the bystanders! :) pretty please!!! WE need the extra posts on this ste....!!!!

Cancel7
08-27-2006, 08:52 AM
Darla isn't me, she wasn't raised by my parents, nor in the same comfort that I had in my house hold, nor with the same religious beliefs....let's just say she was schooled differently than me...but so what? That's what makes her interesting...if she were my sister I would know her already...

And yes, she was very "direct" in her comments but what you don't know is that this is the thorn in her side when it comes to political issues....MEN, through using the government, trying to control women and women's bodies because we are less capable of making our own decisions.

In addition to this, there have been many threads started on this site and the other, where prolifers have been just downright mean, nasty, and as far away from being Christianlike as you could ever imagine with calling these girls murderers. slaughterers, Hollocast makers etc....and all of these comments from MEN that have all stuck their little penuses in to these women outside of marriage themselves....while they get their little blue VIAGRA pill passed through the FDA and paid for by all insurance companies, and it took 10 years to get the pill authorized to be paid for by health insurance MAN RUN COMPANIES.....

And...good morning!

care

First of all, I was jumped on by every guy on the FP site when I was new, so take the whining somewhere else. It didn't bother me much and I defintely did not whine about it. Imatanman used to follow me around calling me a cunt, because he decided I wasn't a "real person" I was a troll, or whatever his excuse wass. My, how whiny cons are though.

Care I like you a lot,, and you earned my respect because you fight for all life, thus relieving you of the hypocrisy mantle that they all carry around so proudly. And also because you're not bug fuck nuts, and don't equate the morning after pill with abortion.

But you should know, I was raised in an extremely middle class family. I was raised on LI, North Shore of Suffolk County, and my father was a wall street executive.

There is no lacking in my upbringing. I simply reached the point in my life where I do not entertain insipid fools. I don't have the time to waste, and though, they usually do, why should they?
I'm not on a message board to entertain and consider different opionions, for the most part. Well, let's say this, I'm not here to consider different idealogies. No one is. I'm just honest about it. If someone is very, very smart, I will take their argument seriously, if only to better hone my own.

Otherwise, I just usually read about 5 of their posts, dismiss them as idiots who have short, one sentence thinking, and if the option is available, IA them. Because to me, they're clutter. I have and will IA liberals for nonsense too. It's rarer, but I do it.

And I don't come here to be loved. I am loved, and very well, in my actual life. It's nice to be liked, but it's not imperative either. :)

evince
08-27-2006, 08:52 AM
Is this sir evil any one I would know or is he a new pervert?

Cancel7
08-27-2006, 08:54 AM
don't do the iggie on him darla, that will make this LESS fun for the bystanders! :) pretty please!!! WE need the extra posts on this ste....!!!!

LOL

Ok, because you ask, and you are always taking pains to explain me to others, which I do appreciate but also find very cute, I'll take him off IA Care.

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 08:54 AM

Hey, Im a post whore so no worries there! that stuff rolls right off of me but must admit that her last post directed at me was awesome, that plain out cracked me up wether she likes it or not. I love it when I get flamed in return, it makes for a bit of fun. If ya can't laugh at yourself sometimes, then ya can't be laughing at nobody else. So whatever the iggie is I beg for her to give it to me with her best shot, I'm pretty certain I can handle it! :cof1:

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 08:55 AM
LOL

Ok, because you ask, and you are always taking pains to explain me to others, which I do appreciate but also find very cute, I'll take him off IA Care.

Please do Darla, you will find that I ain't all that much of an evil dick, maybe just a regular dick but a sexy one at that! :cof1:

evince
08-27-2006, 08:58 AM
its an ignore button

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 09:05 AM
its an ignore button

Brilliant observation douche!

Was that a word to anyone inparticular or just a brief thought in of a superior mind?

And to the post of yours previous to this one, No I am not a pervert at all! What would give you that impression? Is the superiority now reaching into the realm of telepathy or something?

toby
08-27-2006, 09:10 AM
Coming in late I see Desh pushes her ignore function. LOL She just hates to have a discussion she prefers a suck fest. Free speech for all who agree with me. And note Darla thinks that people follow her around. LOL Guess she misses what a discussion board is all about. DISCUSSION. lol

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 09:12 AM
Coming in late I see Desh pushes her ignore function. LOL She just hates to have a discussion she prefers a suck fest. Free speech for all who agree with me. And note Darla thinks that people follow her around. LOL Guess she misses what a discussion board is all about. DISCUSSION. lol

Holy hell, desh is a girl? Ooop's! thought otherwise........:cof1:

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 09:13 AM
Coming in late I see Desh pushes her ignore function.

Damn, did I just make another Ignore list? I'm not going to have anyone to play with soon........:(

toby
08-27-2006, 09:18 AM
Evil are you following Darla around?

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 09:25 AM
Evil are you following Darla around?

Like a dog on the hunt!:cof1:

Nah, I was just providing some inflammatory commentary to follow up her attacks on the newbs, just having a little fun along the way!

Damn, desh is a girl? tell her that I am a sexy beast, and to take me off her ignore list, Im no pervert!:cof1:

krisy
08-27-2006, 12:19 PM
Abortions have terrible, long lasting effects on some women. Others, and I know some, are just very thankful. One example, I know a woman who became pregnant with what would have been her fourth child in the change of life. She had a abortion and according to her, has never felt anything other than relief over it. You are projecting our mores and values on to all women, thereby consigning any woman who does not feel this way, to the heap. Of garbage by the way.

That's just for openers. We're not talking about abortion on this thread, we're talking about the morning after bill, which is a form of birth control. And if personal responsibility is doing what you have to do to prevent pregnancy in the first place, than the morning after pill is taking responsibility. Why are you conflating it with abortion? The truth is, historically your same argument has been made about birth control pills. Women will have sex more. So? Again, none of your business. Thank God for birth control pills, and thank God for any further advances in birth control, like the morning after pill.

I do appreciate the reponse(this one at least) without insult. Personal responsibility to me is doing what you have to do ahead,then you don't have to worry about disease either for that matter.

krisy
08-27-2006, 12:40 PM
It's none of your business to pass judement on women you feel sleep around. That startling sexist narrative is what allows society to pass judgement on a woman who is filling prescription for either birth control pills, or the morning after pill in the first place.

Who decides what "sleeping around" is? How many lovers do you have to have before you are termed a woman who sleep around, and therefore can be humuliated at the pharmist? YOU?

You dare to claim your attack is not personal, but by sticking your nose into everyone else's sex lives, you appoint yourself judge and jury, empowered to convict women (always women,. never men, as if they were having sex by themselves) and have them punished by society.

Things in my bedroom are fine,thanks for asking.

You have an extremely ignorant opinion of conservative women darla. We don't let men walk all over us(like Hillary) and demand as much reponsiblity from men as women. DO NOT spin my comments and say I am insulting someone just by holding a moral standard. If you do not care for my horrid opinion...put me on ignore. You are rather hateful of us cons women,and that hate will eat you alive. I am not bothered by your opinion,because miss liberty,you have every right to hold it.And what is so ironic is,I thought conservatives were the hateful ones. Hating black people,gay people,well, pretty much everyone. Not true.

We will never agree,but I will still sleep o.k. tongiht when I curl up next to my evil male husband

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 12:51 PM
Things in my bedroom are fine,thanks for asking.

Can you elaborate on that just a bit? :cof1:

Cancel7
08-27-2006, 12:52 PM
LOL

Yeah, ok.

I'll sleep good too when I curl up next to my big, hairy-legged lesbo girlfriend.
And I didn't ask how things were in your bedroom, I could not possibly care less. I told you to stick to worrying about what goes on there, and keep your big nose, and mouth, out of everyone else's sex life, and morality.

In other words, MYOB.

Oh, here comes butch, my gf. She's sooo demanding of my time.

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 12:57 PM

WOW, your a lesbian? that's awesome! Oh and I am glad you called me a evil dick, in fact that is exactly what I have decided to call him..... you know with the red hood an all.......

Such a delight to read your posts as usual.....:rolleyes:

krisy
08-27-2006, 12:58 PM
LOL

Yeah, ok.

I'll sleep good too when I curl up next to my big, hairy-legged lesbo girlfriend.
And I didn't ask how things were in your bedroom, I could not possibly care less. I told you to stick to worrying about what goes on there, and keep your big nose, and mouth, out of everyone else's sex life, and morality.

In other words, MYOB.

LOL!! Your funny, as well as uninformed :pke:

Tell Butch hi from the world of cons ladies!!!

Damocles
08-27-2006, 12:59 PM
I looked in Who's Online and saw three people at once responding to this thread. I thought I'd make it four.

Cancel7
08-27-2006, 01:00 PM
Please do Darla, you will find that I ain't all that much of an evil dick, maybe just a regular dick but a sexy one at that! :cof1:

If I was going to screw a con on here, it would probably have to be Dano. Simply put, I figure if you are going to humiliate yourself, you might as well as go all out.

Sorry.

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 01:00 PM
I looked in Who's Online and saw three people at once responding to this thread. I thought I'd make it four.

Hmmm, I see what you were after.....:wanna:

krisy
08-27-2006, 01:01 PM
WOW, your a lesbian? that's awesome! Oh and I am glad you called me a evil dick, in fact that is exactly what I have decided to call him..... you know with the red hood an all.......

Such a delight to read your posts as usual.....:rolleyes:

evil,you sure now how to entertain!! :woot:

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 01:02 PM
If I was going to screw a con on here, it would probably have to be Dano. Simply put, I figure if you are going to humiliate yourself, you might as well as go all out.

Sorry.

Book her Dano! :cof1:

Damocles
Hmmm, I see what you were after.....:wanna:
Exactly! Heeee!

Cancel7
LOL!! Your funny, as well as uninformed :pke:

Tell Butch hi from the world of cons ladies!!!

I did. She told me you sound like a real asshole.

I'm the nice one in the relationship.

Damocles
08-27-2006, 01:03 PM

LOL....

:eek:

Cancel7
08-27-2006, 01:04 PM
One thing about conservatives.

They really know how to use those little, moving people Damo gave us.

I don't doubt that if he would only add about five more, it could keep the entire lot of them entertained, and preoccupied, for one full year.

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 01:06 PM

So she would be the brut in the tango?

krisy
08-27-2006, 01:12 PM
One thing about conservatives.

They really know how to use those little, moving people Damo gave us.

I don't doubt that if he would only add about five more, it could keep the entire lot of them entertained, and preoccupied, for one full year.

Not us conservative women,no time....we are too busy scrubbin the floors and bein pregnant y'all.

Damocles
08-27-2006, 01:16 PM
Not us conservative women,no time....we are too busy scrubbin the floors and bein pregnant y'all.
Also out looking for broken down cars to put in the front yard. It's hard to find a good one that looks just right, ya know?

Also the half-burned-out Christmas lights to hang above the porch and light all year long. It is difficult to keep the right ratio of lit as to burned out lights, and Conservative men are rather demanding that way.

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 01:17 PM

Ah shucks, Darla says I need to be sticking my wet nose in a con ladies butt, know any available?:cof1:

Damocles
08-27-2006, 01:18 PM
Wet noses or Con ladies?

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 01:19 PM
Also out looking for broken down cars to put in the front yard. It's hard to find a good one that looks just right, ya know?

Also the half-burned-out Christmas lights to hang above the porch and light all year long. It is difficult to keep the right ratio of lit as to burned out lights, and Conservative men are rather demanding that way.

Damn dude , had ya addedd the nascar flag you would have just described my place to the tee!.....:cool:

Damocles
08-27-2006, 01:21 PM
Damn dude , had ya addedd the nascar flag you would have just described my place to the tee!.....:cool:
I thought it would be a bit much, although I was tempted to add a Confederate Battle Flag with a doorbell that rang "Dixie"...

krisy
08-27-2006, 01:23 PM

Let us not forget the couch on the front porch!!!

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 01:23 PM
I thought it would be a bit much, although I was tempted to add a Confederate Battle Flag with a doorbell that rang "Dixie"...

got one of those there flags in the back window of my pick-up, don't got the doorbell though, guess I'll run over to the home center and get er' done!:cof1:

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 01:25 PM
Let us not forget the couch on the front porch!!!

He Haw, that's were I can get er' done with Darla! :p

Cancel7
08-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Ah shucks, Darla says I need to be sticking my wet nose in a con ladies butt, know any available?:cof1:

Oh, if not, just wait five days. They're known for becoming available quite readily.

The ones I've known have all been married three, four times.

You have to admit, that does show a real dedication to the institution, and you can understand why they are hesitant to let the gays in to destroy its meaning.

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Oh, if not, just wait five days. They're known for becoming available quite readily.

You have to admit, that does show a real dedication to the institution, and you can understand why they are hesitant to let the gays in to destroy its meaning.

So doe's this mean that we don't even have a chance? I'm really, just because we have differences in our opinions? Gosh, I can see how you must stay married up so well.....

Cancel7
08-27-2006, 01:43 PM
So doe's this mean that we don't even have a chance? I'm really, just because we have differences in our opinions? Gosh, I can see how you must stay married up so well.....

I'm not married, duh!

It's not legal for me to marry my hairy, beloved, just yet. But someday...oh, sweet someday!

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 01:46 PM
I'm not married, duh!

It's not legal for me to marry my hairy, beloved, just yet. But someday...oh, sweet someday!

Hmmm, guess ya don't have much need for the morning after pill eh?

But that's too bad, I was hoping weda become friends, and get er' done!

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 01:47 PM
It's not legal for me to marry my hairy

Damn, I love a hairy woman myself..... do you share?

krisy
08-27-2006, 02:20 PM

Do you judge everyone based on the people in your own little world? I know several cons women...married once for years. It goes both ways. Get out a little.

I am planning on divorcing my hubby soon,no reason,just so I can marry 3 or 4 more times :rolleyes:

That is a joke;)

Damocles
08-27-2006, 04:57 PM
My wife and I have both been married once. But then I don't worry about gay people getting married...

Maybe I'm not the guy to ask about this one.

You worried about gay people marrying, SE?

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 04:59 PM
My wife and I have both been married once. But then I don't worry about gay people getting married...

Maybe I'm not the guy to ask about this one.

You worried about gay people marrying, SE?

LOL, not at all! what one does with their live is all about them, not me.....:cool:

Cancel7
08-27-2006, 05:05 PM
Oh, it must be something I made up then.

There is no conservative oppostion to gay marriage. There were no ballot iniatives all over the country, timed to coincide with the 04 elections to get the base out.

There has been no movement to amend the constitution.

Gosh, you two men made a real fool out of little ole me. Can't you be easier on me? Just picture me fanning myself and calling for my smelling salts.

Who gives a shit what you two are or aren't for?

Damo you're a supposed libertarian, who are not known for giving a crap who marries whom. What does that have to do with the conservative movement against gay marriage? Which, whether you two gigglers want to acknowledge it or not, does exist. Sorry.

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 05:11 PM
Oh, it must be something I made up then.

There is no conservative oppostion to gay marriage. There were no ballot iniatives all over the country, timed to coincide with the 04 elections to get the base out.

Sure, just because there were some meanes they all think that way, right?

There has been no movement to amend the constitution.

Gosh, you two men made a real fool out of little ole me. Can't you be easier on me? Just picture me fanning myself and calling for my smelling salts.

Not so at all, in fact if anything I'm jealous that you have a girl now and I don't! :cof1:

Who gives a shit what you two are or aren't for?

Damo you're a supposed libertarian, who are not known for giving a crap who marries whom. What does that have to do with the conservative movement against gay marriage? Which, whether you two gigglers want to acknowledge it or not, does exist. Sorry.

Yeah Damo, what the hell is the matter with you not agreeing to what it is the rest of your kind believe in, the nerve to think that you could have a mind for yourself!....:pke:

Your pretty awesome Darla!...:)

Damocles
08-27-2006, 05:21 PM
I may be a Libertarian at heart, Darla. But I am a Republican in the registry. I go to the caucuses and vote for platform changes that reflect my beliefs. I work to get the local rlc chapter stronger so that, in time, it will reflect the regular beliefs of all the Conservatives that I know, with the exception of a few religious. That Government has no place there... And usually has no place in much.

I work to effect the change, to make the party reflect what I see in the beliefs of myself and others.

Cancel7
08-27-2006, 05:24 PM
Why does this always happen to me? On my other board I made the mistake of treating conservatives as if they were human beings, and I had an entire parade of them following me around and emailing me. Some of them, wrote poetry about me and posted it!

So, after these, what I think you will all admit can be termed "horrific" experiences, I treat conservatives like crap.

And what happens? The same thing.

What is it about me? Is it a smell I give off? Eue de conservatives apply here?

It's just so awful.

Cancel7
08-27-2006, 05:24 PM
I may be a Libertarian at heart, Darla. But I am a Republican in the registry. I go to the caucuses and vote for platform changes that reflect my beliefs. I work to get the local rlc chapter stronger so that, in time, it will reflect the regular beliefs of all the Conservatives that I know, with the exception of a few religious. That Government has no place there... And usually has no place in much.

I work to effect the change, to make the party reflect what I see in the beliefs of myself and others.

Cool. I respect that.

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 05:27 PM
What is it about me? Is it a smell I give off?

Well, what does your girl say? doe's she say ya smell? :cof1:

Damocles
08-27-2006, 05:27 PM
You need to put in an mofugly avatar... They'll associate it and just take your posts and answer them. Give them a picture to associate with your post and it will change how they react to you...

Cancel7
08-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Well, what does your girl say? doe's she say ya smell? :cof1:

Yes, she says I stink! And please, tell all your conservative friends! lol

Cancel7
08-27-2006, 05:32 PM
You need to put in an mofugly avatar... They'll associate it and just take your posts and answer them. Give them a picture to associate with your post and it will change how they react to you...

That is a very clever idea Damo. I will do that. I don't really know how to use that function, but I'll fool around with it tomorrow and see what I can do. Maybe Grind will take pity on me and give me some pointers.

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 05:32 PM
Yes, she says I stink! And please, tell all your conservative friends! lol

Pssst, they make something to help that out! Summer's Eve....Ya know, a sot in the twat wether ya need it or not.......:cof1:

I know, I'm am an incredibly sick individual.....:cool:

Cancel7
08-27-2006, 05:34 PM
That is a very clever idea Damo. I will do that. I don't really know how to use that function, but I'll fool around with it tomorrow and see what I can do. Maybe Grind will take pity on me and give me some pointers.

Like Beefy's right?

I like him anyway though. But then, I'm a girl. I think you're right about the male reaction.

krisy
08-27-2006, 05:35 PM
Cool. I respect that.

darla,I bet deep down you aren't a bad gal,but who knows. You are witty,I'll givve that too ya.

Another thing,being a conservative doesn't mean you hate gay people. I work with couple of lesbians and we get along wonderful. They are nice gals and we talk about a lot of stuff. One of them is actually bi,has been married with kids.
We do not talk abut sexuality because there is really no need to. Poltics came up once,and we disgagreed briefly and quickly moved on. She doesn't hate me for being conservative.

can't we all just get along?:hug: :cof1:

Cancel7
08-27-2006, 05:50 PM
darla,I bet deep down you aren't a bad gal,but who knows. You are witty,I'll givve that too ya.

Another thing,being a conservative doesn't mean you hate gay people. I work with couple of lesbians and we get along wonderful. They are nice gals and we talk about a lot of stuff. One of them is actually bi,has been married with kids.
We do not talk abut sexuality because there is really no need to. Poltics came up once,and we disgagreed briefly and quickly moved on. She doesn't hate me for being conservative.

can't we all just get along?:hug: :cof1:

Well, I've tried to get along with conservative women on message boards in the past, the result was not good, and the fallout was extremely ugly. It scarred me. I have deep, emotional scars from the experience.

On message boards, for some reason, conservative men want to f me, and conservative women want to humiliate and then kill me. As if having sex with one of their men wasn't humiliation enough for any girl.

I wish you would all just leave me alone and let me be among my own kind!

I guess since you've extended such an olive branch after I was such a bitch, I really don't have a choice but to respond in kind do I? I presume you planned it that way. After all, if I were to rebuff this, then Care would come along and look so disappointed in me, and I'd have to carry that burden around.

So...ok. I will give it a try.

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 05:54 PM
I guess since you've extended such an olive branch after I was such a bitch, I really don't have a choice but to respond in kind do I? I presume you planned it that way. After all, if I were to rebuff this, then Care would come along and look so disappointed in me, and I'd have to carry that burden around.

Krisy is not that way, she won't think any different of ya for what ya think! Oh, neither will I, and I ain't looking to do ya either, especially if you are a true lesbian, but I would like to watch sometime if ya think that would be cool...:cof1:

Nah, Just have fun with it Darla, don't take it all so personal, ain't no way everyone in the world will think the same.....:)

krisy
08-27-2006, 06:13 PM
Well, I've tried to get along with conservative women on message boards in the past, the result was not good, and the fallout was extremely ugly. It scarred me. I have deep, emotional scars from the experience.

On message boards, for some reason, conservative men want to f me, and conservative women want to humiliate and then kill me. As if having sex with one of their men wasn't humiliation enough for any girl.

I wish you would all just leave me alone and let me be among my own kind!

I'm not out to humiliate anyone,that's for sure. Not to brag:p ,but I have had a lot of people tell me "krisy,you can get along with anyone". I know,I know...who gives?!!!

Glad to hear this from you. I TOLD you not all conservatives were a cetain way!!! We have our ideals,just like you,but I for one,don't hate anyone for what they think. we just disagree

And evil is a good guy too,really. He has just been havin some fun over here!!

Oh, and what boards were you on that the cons women gave you hell? Just curious

krisy
08-27-2006, 06:18 PM
In case anyone cares,I shall return shortly....I have to take a shower and get the kids to bed. My daughters first day of kindergarden is tomorrow!! My son's first full week of middle school,and a little teenie bit of quiet for mom( after I quit crying when my kid goes into school!)

Talk amongst yourselves:argue:

Sir Evil
08-27-2006, 06:21 PM
In case anyone cares,I shall return shortly....I have to take a shower and get the kids to bed. My daughters first day of kindergarden is tomorrow!! My son's first full week of middle school,and a little teenie bit of quiet for mom( after I quit crying when my kid goes into school!)

Talk amongst yourselves:argue:

Good Luck with the kiddies Krisy, you'll do fine.....:cool:

Cancel7
08-27-2006, 06:54 PM
I'm not out to humiliate anyone,that's for sure. Not to brag:p ,but I have had a lot of people tell me "krisy,you can get along with anyone". I know,I know...who gives?!!!

Glad to hear this from you. I TOLD you not all conservatives were a cetain way!!! We have our ideals,just like you,but I for one,don't hate anyone for what they think. we just disagree

And evil is a good guy too,really. He has just been havin some fun over here!!

Oh, and what boards were you on that the cons women gave you hell? Just curious

Netscape boards. I gave out some hell too, believe it or not.

Damocles
08-27-2006, 06:55 PM
They have Conservatives on Netscape Boards? I thought they were more like Yahoo... All Ds piling on the three Conservatives...

FUCK THE POLICE
08-27-2006, 06:58 PM

Immie

This is absolutely nothing like RU-486. It's simply a high dosage of normal birth control pills. It's impossible to abort your baby with it, as it would be to abort your baby by taking a few birth controls pills.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-27-2006, 06:59 PM
my concern, is that without a prescription for this, what is to prevent the girl from taking this drug two months in a row, which can be very harmful to the girl if she does?

they say there will be warnings not to take this pill more than once in a year, i believe it says, but who is really going to pay attention to that or stop the girl from doing that without a prescription?

that's my only concern for this pill, otherwise i am ok with it!

What's to stop me from taking thirty aspirins?

Care4all
08-27-2006, 10:46 PM
What's to stop me from taking thirty aspirins?
most people, unless they want to commit suicide, will not take 30 aspirins.

a girl that finds herself in an emergency contraceptive situation, may find herself in that same situation 3 months later, and not heed the WARNINGS to NOT use the morning after pill if you have used it before etc....or not remember them....it's not like aspirin where they know the doseage by heart, such as 2 aspirin every 4 hours.

i am not saying this could not be overcome by a major marketing campaign that focuses on this high risk...

care

Immanuel
08-28-2006, 05:58 AM
This is absolutely nothing like RU-486. It's simply a high dosage of normal birth control pills. It's impossible to abort your baby with it, as it would be to abort your baby by taking a few birth controls pills.

Right!

And that is just exactly what Planned Parenthood wants everyone to believe. Believe what they tell you if you want. I don't trust them.

Immie

Immanuel
08-28-2006, 11:05 AM

The more acceptable they can make abortion seem the better for them.

The more desensitized they can make America about the issue the fewer complications they will have; which translates into less legislation against them; which reduces the litigation costs they have and ultimately translates into higher revenue for them. Cut costs and increase revenues sounds like a dream come true for them.

Immie

Blackflag
08-28-2006, 11:09 AM
LOL @ Immanuel

LadyT
08-28-2006, 04:02 PM
The more acceptable they can make abortion seem the better for them.

The more desensitized they can make America about the issue the fewer complications they will have; which translates into less legislation against them; which reduces the litigation costs they have and ultimately translates into higher revenue for them. Cut costs and increase revenues sounds like a dream come true for them.

Immie

That doesn't make any sense - I mean not one iota.

Care4all
08-28-2006, 04:09 PM
That doesn't make any sense - I mean not one iota.

yes, this seems to be a problem with some of the prolife crowd.

they make a mountain out of a molehill on molehill issues that might relate, which then in turn, lessens their credibility on the prolife issue and makes them appear to be less sincere and more ''in it'' for purely political gain! :(

care

LadyT
08-28-2006, 04:15 PM
yes, this seems to be a problem with some of the prolife crowd.

they make a mountain out of a molehill on molehill issues that might relate, which then in turn, lessens their credibility on the prolife issue and makes them appear to be less sincere and more ''in it'' for purely political gain! :(

care

sounds about right.

Trinity
08-28-2006, 05:38 PM

I agree..........however...........if people are going to engage in unhealthy practices they should be able to financially support the consequences of those actions.

Trinity
08-28-2006, 05:55 PM
You have a good point about the birth control pill. I look at this morning after as worse,because in my eyes,it destroys life,and that is where government has to decide. Ultimately,abstinance is the best way,but I bet almost everyone here would argue that is not going to work. It is what I will teach my kids. I cannot promote them having sex and risk pregnancy or disease. What good am I if I don't try to pass along my moral values and just give in to the evils of society by saying..."go ahead and have sex,but if you do,make sure you get the morning after pill or use a condom"

It is all about personal responsibility. It has to be taught and enforced with our children,or they will grow up to be hippies:p

You know krisy as much as I hate to say it.....I think I would be more comfortable with this pill then I will ever be with abortion.

The pill if taken the morning after as intended, will prevent the egg from attaching itself to the uterine wall long before it even becomes an embryo. Where most abortion's do not occur untill 4 weeks of pregnancy up to 20 weeks of pregnancy by that time there is a heartbeat and all of the organs have formed this is at 4 weeks I do not want to even talk about 20 weeks.

My point I am getting at is....... I would much rather see some one use this, then abortion. There is a women I know who uses abortion as a form of birth control which I think is wrong...... she is 31 years old has 2 living children and has had 5 abortions in the past 6 months. I know this because she begged me to go with her on all of them, however after the first 2 I could not go with her anymore, it broke my heart, I was so close to tears at the last one I knew there was no way I could sit through another. Unfortunatley there are a lot of women like this in this world.

Cancel7
08-28-2006, 06:05 PM
You know krisy as much as I hate to say it.....I think I would be more comfortable with this pill then I will ever be with abortion.

The pill if taken the morning after as intended, will prevent the egg from attaching itself to the uterine wall long before it even becomes an embryo. Where most abortion's do not occur untill 4 weeks of pregnancy up to 20 weeks of pregnancy by that time there is a heartbeat and all of the organs have formed this is at 4 weeks I do not want to even talk about 20 weeks.

My point I am getting at is....... I would much rather see some one use this, then abortion. There is a women I know who uses abortion as a form of birth control which I think is wrong...... she is 31 years old has 2 living children and has had 5 abortions in the past 6 months. I know this because she begged me to go with her on all of them, however after the first 2 I could not go with her anymore, it broke my heart, I was so close to tears at the last one I knew there was no way I could sit through another. Unfortunatley there are a lot of women like this in this world.

How could there be a lot of women like the one you describe in this world? I don't dispute that they exist, but in large quantities? I doubt it. Why would anyone in their right mind choose to put themselves through any surgical procedure, over and over? You'd have to be sick. Any surgery carries inherent risk in it, people go in for very minor procedures, and sometimes, die right on the table. We all know of cases like that. Plus, just the fact of surgery, and bleeding, and after care, all can be avoided if you take a pill or use a diaphram, but there are "a lot of women" who go through this procedure over and over, using it as birth control?

I just can't see it. The ones who do obviously have problems, but I can't believe it's that common. I don't know anyone who has done this, or if I do, they haven't told me about it. In fact, I actually don't know anyone who has had more than one abortion. One woman I know may have had two, now that I think harder about it, but I'm not certain.

Trinity
08-28-2006, 06:07 PM
Damos - that there is an utter waste of space! no debating skills whatsoever, and nastier than what probably resides in her panties the "morning after"

:eek2: ewww thanks for the visual :eek:

Sir Evil
08-28-2006, 06:13 PM
:eek2: ewww thanks for the visual :eek:

LOL, sorry for that bit, just stirring up the girl some. She really freaked with a few posts, it was great fun!....:cof1:

Trinity
08-28-2006, 06:26 PM

Ok here's something for you to think about, since you are adiment about taking personal responsibility.......You can prevent pregnancy without ever being on any form of birth control pill, never using a condom, or ever having to worry about possibly getting pregnant its called the ovulation method. It is all about the women taking personal responsibility for her body.

The Ovulation Method is not the old "rhythm method" or the temperature method. It is a new scientifically proven method, researched by Dr. John Billings with the scientific research confirmed by the famous endocrinologist James B. Brown. This method is based on the simple recognition of natural signs of fertility that appear for a few days during the woman's menstrual cycle. Family of the Americas (FAF) was instrumental in simplifying the teaching and charting system of the Ovulation Method that made it applicable for universal use. By keeping accurate records, a woman can now confidently identify the fertile and infertile phases of her cycle. Women with long or irregular cycles, breast-feeding mothers, and even those going through pre-menopause or discontinuing artificial methods of family planning may use the Ovulation Method safely and effectively. IRREGULARITY OF CYCLES DOES NOT INTERFERE WITH THE PRACTICE OF THE OVULATION METHOD

Cancel7
08-28-2006, 06:30 PM
Ok here's something for you to think about, since you are adiment about taking personal responsibility.......You can prevent pregnancy without ever being on any form of birth control pill, never using a condom, or ever having to worry about possibly getting pregnant its called the ovulation method. It is all about the women taking personal responsibility for her body.

The Ovulation Method is not the old "rhythm method" or the temperature method. It is a new scientifically proven method, researched by Dr. John Billings with the scientific research confirmed by the famous endocrinologist James B. Brown. This method is based on the simple recognition of natural signs of fertility that appear for a few days during the woman's menstrual cycle. Family of the Americas (FAF) was instrumental in simplifying the teaching and charting system of the Ovulation Method that made it applicable for universal use. By keeping accurate records, a woman can now confidently identify the fertile and infertile phases of her cycle. Women with long or irregular cycles, breast-feeding mothers, and even those going through pre-menopause or discontinuing artificial methods of family planning may use the Ovulation Method safely and effectively. IRREGULARITY OF CYCLES DOES NOT INTERFERE WITH THE PRACTICE OF THE OVULATION METHOD

Oh thanks! But I already have a great birth control method, I got it from James Dobson's website.

After sex I douche with coca cola, say four Our Fathers' and tickle my lover's testicles while reciting Matthew: "yea, though you bed indiscrimintely, three tickles and a coke and you shall bear no fruit"

So far, so good, fingers crossed!

maineman
08-28-2006, 06:31 PM
there has been no movement to amend the constitution????? WTF??????

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11442710/

Sir Evil
08-28-2006, 06:32 PM
It is all about the women taking personal responsibility for her body.

Ummm, can I claim a little responsibility of this once in a while?:chesh:

Trinity
08-28-2006, 06:32 PM
Give it a break Darla, it was her opinion and she was entitled to it! how many times are you going to reply with your digust?
maybe you just need a little...http://www.evilsfunhouse.com/images/smilies/la.gif

:eek: damn evil now I got to clean the tea off my monitor!

Trinity
08-28-2006, 06:33 PM
Ummm, can I claim a little responsibility of this once in a while?:chesh:

ok you can help her chart the days to avoid, and then refrain.:)

Sir Evil
08-28-2006, 06:34 PM
there has been no movement to amend the constitution????? WTF??????

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11442710/

LOL, what the hell does same sex unions have to do with this? I only read the title so maybe I'm way off here.

Sir Evil
08-28-2006, 06:36 PM
:eek: damn evil now I got to clean the tea off my monitor!

I aim to please! I'm not doing that too well over here though....

Care4all
08-28-2006, 06:43 PM
actually if the guy took responsibility and kept his pants zipped or covered his one eyed trouser worm, then you wouldn't have to worry about that ''weak little female'' having any kind of personal responsibility...

i know, let's just make the MALE birth control pill that has been created, mandatory for men over the age of 13....that would reduce abortions and the 40% of childbirths in america to unwed mothers....

where's the guy in all this and does he hold any responsibility?

care

Sir Evil
08-28-2006, 06:46 PM

care

Here I is, and I hold the reponsibilty often, mainly when I am taking a leak though!:cof1:

Trinity
08-28-2006, 06:46 PM
WOW, your a lesbian?

That would explain some of the inflammatory hatred.

You know maybe if she got some dick in her she might......... eww damn did I say that out loud.....sorry my thought bubble popped:cof1:

Sir Evil
08-28-2006, 06:47 PM
[QUOTE=Sir Evil;12878]WOW, your a lesbian? QUOTE]

You know maybe if she got some dick in her she might......... eww damn did I say that out loud.....sorry my thought bubble popped:cof1:

:shock: :eek3: ............:pke:

Cancel7
08-28-2006, 06:50 PM

It's always heart-warming to see the party of family values parading their real values around.

maineman
08-28-2006, 06:51 PM
LOL, what the hell does same sex unions have to do with this? I only read the title so maybe I'm way off here.

Go see post # 162 of this thread

Sir Evil
08-28-2006, 06:53 PM
It's always heart-warming to see the party of family values parading their real values around.

Oh Darls, settle down a bit. can't you enjoy a little humor?

Trinity
08-28-2006, 06:53 PM
Do you judge everyone based on the people in your own little world? I know several cons women...married once for years. It goes both ways. Get out a little.

I am planning on divorcing my hubby soon,no reason,just so I can marry 3 or 4 more times :rolleyes:

That is a joke;)

Is kev aware of this!:p

Cancel7
08-28-2006, 06:54 PM
actually if the guy took responsibility and kept his pants zipped or covered his one eyed trouser worm, then you wouldn't have to worry about that ''weak little female'' having any kind of personal responsibility...

i know, let's just make the MALE birth control pill that has been created, mandatory for men over the age of 13....that would reduce abortions and the 40% of childbirths in america to unwed mothers....

care

There's a lot of sexism and outright misogyny hidden in all of this concern for women. There always is.

Sir Evil
08-28-2006, 06:54 PM
Go see post # 162 of this thread

Don't need to, your word is good enough, However the quote button would work a little better......:p

maineman
08-28-2006, 06:57 PM
it was a long quote with a lot more in it than merely the assertion that republicans used gay marriage to get out the vote...and I still haven't figured out that multi-quote function ;)

Care4all
08-28-2006, 07:11 PM
it was a long quote with a lot more in it than merely the assertion that republicans used gay marriage to get out the vote...and I still haven't figured out that multi-quote function ;)

i haven't figured out that multi quote functions yet either!:(

Sir Evil
08-28-2006, 07:14 PM
i haven't figured out that multi quote functions yet either!:(

Simply quote the entire post and then use the cut & paste deal for the quoted person & then the end /quote.

lol, well if that made any sense....

Sir Evil
08-28-2006, 07:16 PM
Yohoo Darla, am I back on the ignore feature? :cof1:

Damocles
08-28-2006, 07:16 PM
You simply click on and activate each you wish to quote in the order you wish them to appear... You then hit Post Reply and the quote boxes with text will appear in your new post.

Cancel7
08-28-2006, 07:19 PM
Yohoo Darla, am I back on the ignore feature? :cof1:

No, I told Care I would take you off and so I did.

I'm simply ignoring you manually now.

Because I find you to be a pig, and frankly, I seriously question whether English is your first langauge.

Trinity
08-28-2006, 07:20 PM
How could there be a lot of women like the one you describe in this world? I don't dispute that they exist, but in large quantities? I doubt it. Why would anyone in their right mind choose to put themselves through any surgical procedure, over and over? You'd have to be sick. Any surgery carries inherent risk in it, people go in for very minor procedures, and sometimes, die right on the table. We all know of cases like that. Plus, just the fact of surgery, and bleeding, and after care, all can be avoided if you take a pill or use a diaphram, but there are "a lot of women" who go through this procedure over and over, using it as birth control?

I just can't see it. The ones who do obviously have problems, but I can't believe it's that common. I don't know anyone who has done this, or if I do, they haven't told me about it. In fact, I actually don't know anyone who has had more than one abortion. One woman I know may have had two, now that I think harder about it, but I'm not certain.

Woman’s contraceptive use and abortion

65% Used contraceptives, but not at the time of
conception

26% Used contraceptives at the time of conception

5.5% Never has used contraceptives

0.8% Did not know whether she used contraception

2.5% Did not provide information

Unfortunately, many women use abortion as a form of
birth control. For example, more than 70 percent of the
women who obtained abortions in 2001 did not use any
form of birth control when they became pregnant.

Reason for abortion*

44% Does not want children at this time

17% Economic reasons

6% Emotional health is at stake

4% Physical health is at stake

1% Pregnancy resulted in fetal anomalies

0.2% Continued pregnancy will cause impairment of
major bodily function

0.66% Rape

0.04% Incest

22% Other stated reason

31% Unknown/refused to answer

If abortion were allowed only to save the life of the
woman, Minnesota would have had only 0.2 percent (34)
of the abortions that occurred in 2001. Of the women who
stated a reason for their abortion in 2001, more than two
out of every five women obtained abortions because they
did not want children; for these women, abortion was
clearly elective and these babies died for no reason other
than to make life more convenient for the mother.

* This information is self-reported by women and not
subject to further scrutiny or verification. The percentages do
not add up to 100 percent because women are allowed to
provide more than one reason.
Age of woman

17% 19 years of age or younger

34% 20–24 years of age

22% 25–29 years of age

15% 30–34 years of age

9% 35–39 years of age

3% 40 years of age and older

Eighty-three percent of Minnesota’s abortions are
performed on women 20 or older.

The most common reason women
gave for abortion in 2001 was, “does
not want children at this time.”

More quick facts

• Although people who identify themselves as Black
or African-American make up only 3.5 percent of
Minnesota’s population, more than 19 percent of
abortions performed in Minnesota’s abortion
facilities were on black women.
• 948 women had three or more previous abortions.
• 240 babies were 20 or more weeks old when they
were aborted.
• 1,371 women traveled to Minnesota from another
state or country to have an abortion. Because most
of Minnesota’s abortion providers are located
relatively near the Wisconsin border, it isn’t
surprising that 1,117 of these women were from
Wisconsin.
• 2,974 Minnesota women who live outside of the
seven-county metro area obtained abortions in 2001.
• 355 abortions were “medical” abortions. Medical
abortions are drug-induced, non-surgical abortions
(such as RU-486).

http://www.mccl.org/pdf/birthcontrol90.pdf#search=%22statistics%20using%20 abortion%20as%20form%20of%20birth%20control%22

Care4all
08-28-2006, 07:23 PM

I aim to please! I'm not doing that too well over here though....

you are doing just fine over here "Evil Dick".... I mean, you got a new "handle" and everything...what more could you want for being here a week? ;)

care

Sir Evil
08-28-2006, 07:25 PM
No, I told Care I would take you off and so I did.

I'm simply ignoring you manually now.

Because I find you to be a pig, and frankly, I seriously question whether English is your first langauge.

:lolup: :lolup:

Well I don't care what your views are, that was pretty damn funny!

I'm really not a pig, why would you think that?

Sir Evil
08-28-2006, 07:28 PM
you are doing just fine over here "Evil Dick".... I mean, you got a new "handle" and everything...what more could you want for being here a week? ;)

care

LOL, and that moniker was produced by Darla! I gave her full credit, I can laugh at myself about it, but alas she still don't like me, I think she need be changin her moniker to Ms. Crabtree! :cof1:

Cancel7
08-29-2006, 04:45 AM
Woman’s contraceptive use and abortion

65% Used contraceptives, but not at the time of
conception

26% Used contraceptives at the time of conception

5.5% Never has used contraceptives

0.8% Did not know whether she used contraception

2.5% Did not provide information

Unfortunately, many women use abortion as a form of
birth control. For example, more than 70 percent of the
women who obtained abortions in 2001 did not use any
form of birth control when they became pregnant.

Reason for abortion*

44% Does not want children at this time

17% Economic reasons

6% Emotional health is at stake

4% Physical health is at stake

1% Pregnancy resulted in fetal anomalies

0.2% Continued pregnancy will cause impairment of
major bodily function

0.66% Rape

0.04% Incest

22% Other stated reason

31% Unknown/refused to answer

If abortion were allowed only to save the life of the
woman, Minnesota would have had only 0.2 percent (34)
of the abortions that occurred in 2001. Of the women who
stated a reason for their abortion in 2001, more than two
out of every five women obtained abortions because they
did not want children; for these women, abortion was
clearly elective and these babies died for no reason other
than to make life more convenient for the mother.

* This information is self-reported by women and not
subject to further scrutiny or verification. The percentages do
not add up to 100 percent because women are allowed to
provide more than one reason.
Age of woman

17% 19 years of age or younger

34% 20–24 years of age

22% 25–29 years of age

15% 30–34 years of age

9% 35–39 years of age

3% 40 years of age and older

Eighty-three percent of Minnesota’s abortions are
performed on women 20 or older.

The most common reason women
gave for abortion in 2001 was, “does
not want children at this time.”

More quick facts

• Although people who identify themselves as Black
or African-American make up only 3.5 percent of
Minnesota’s population, more than 19 percent of
abortions performed in Minnesota’s abortion
facilities were on black women.
• 948 women had three or more previous abortions.
• 240 babies were 20 or more weeks old when they
were aborted.
• 1,371 women traveled to Minnesota from another
state or country to have an abortion. Because most
of Minnesota’s abortion providers are located
relatively near the Wisconsin border, it isn’t
surprising that 1,117 of these women were from
Wisconsin.
• 2,974 Minnesota women who live outside of the
seven-county metro area obtained abortions in 2001.
• 355 abortions were “medical” abortions. Medical
abortions are drug-induced, non-surgical abortions
(such as RU-486).

http://www.mccl.org/pdf/birthcontrol90.pdf#search=%22statistics%20using%20 abortion%20as%20form%20of%20birth%20control%22

LOL

A "self-reported" so-called "poll" on a pro-life website.

Oh, I totally changed my mind.

You're a real laugh riot Trinity.

Trinity
08-29-2006, 05:16 AM
LOL

A "self-reported" so-called "poll" on a pro-life website.

Oh, I totally changed my mind.

You're a real laugh riot Trinity.

how about this one............
Health
Legal Abortions and Legal Abortion Ratios in the U.S., According to Selected Characteristics, 1973–2002
Characteristic 1973 1975 1980 1985 1990 1995 19981 19991 20002 20012 20022
Number of legal abortions reported in thousands
Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention 616 855 1,298 1,329 1,429 1,211 884 862 857 853 854
Alan Guttmacher Institute3 745 1,034 1,554 1,589 1,609 1,359 1,319 1,315 1,313 1,303 1,293
Abortions per 100 live births4
Total 19.6 27.2 35.9 35.4 34.4 31.1 26.4 25.6 24.5 24.6 24.6
Under 15 years 123.7 119.3 139.7 137.6 81.8 66.4 75.0 70.9 70.8 74.4 75.3
15–19 years 53.9 54.2 71.4 68.8 51.1 39.9 39.1 37.5 36.1 36.6 36.8
20–24 years 29.4 28.9 39.5 38.6 37.8 34.8 32.9 31.6 30.0 30.4 30.3
25–29 years 20.7 19.2 23.7 21.7 21.8 22.0 21.6 20.8 19.8 20.0 20.0
30–34 years 28.0 25.0 23.7 19.9 19.0 16.4 15.7 15.2 14.5 14.7 14.8
35–39 years 45.1 42.2 41.0 33.6 27.3 22.3 20.0 19.3 18.1 18.0 18.0
40 years and over 68.4 66.8 80.7 62.3 50.6 38.5 33.8 32.9 30.1 30.4 31.0
Race
White5 32.6 27.7 33.2 27.7 25.8 20.3 18.9 17.7 16.7 16.5 16.4
Black or African American6 42.0 47.6 54.3 47.2 53.7 53.1 51.2 52.9 50.3 49.1 49.5
Hispanic origin7
Hispanic or Latino — — — — — 27.1 27.3 26.1 22.5 23.0 23.3
Not Hispanic or Latino — — — — — 27.9 27.1 25.2 23.3 23.2 23.7
Marital status
Married 7.6 9.6 10.5 8.0 8.7 7.6 7.1 7.0 6.5 6.5 6.5
Unmarried 139.8 161.0 147.6 117.4 86.3 64.5 62.7 60.4 57.0 57.2 57.0
Previous live births8
0 43.7 38.4 45.7 45.1 36.0 28.6 25.5 24.3 22.6 26.4 23.3
1 23.5 22.0 20.2 21.6 22.7 22.0 21.4 20.6 19.4 18.0 19.4
2 36.8 36.8 29.5 29.9 31.5 30.6 30.0 29.0 27.4 25.5 27.9
3 46.9 47.7 29.8 18.2 30.1 30.7 30.5 29.8 28.5 26.4 29.1
4 or more9 44.7 43.5 24.3 21.5 26.6 23.7 24.3 24.2 23.7 21.9 23.6
Percent distribution10
Period of gestation
Under 9 weeks 36.1% 44.6% 51.7% 50.3% 51.6% 54.0% 55.7% 57.6% 58.1% 59.1% 60.5%
9–10 weeks 29.4 28.4 26.2 26.6 25.3 23.1 21.5 20.2 19.8 19.0 18.4
11–12 weeks 17.9 14.9 12.2 12.5 11.7 10.9 10.9 10.2 10.2 10.0 9.6
13–15 weeks 6.9 5.0 5.1 5.9 6.4 6.3 6.4 6.2 6.2 6.2 6.0
16–20 weeks 8.0 6.1 3.9 3.9 4.0 4.3 4.1 4.3 4.3 4.3 4.1
21 weeks and over 1.7 1.0 0.9 0.8 1.0 1.4 1.4 1.5 1.4 1.4 1.4
Previous induced abortions
0 — 81.9 67.6 60.1 57.1 55.1 53.8 53.7 54.7 55.5 55.3
1 — 14.9 23.5 25.7 26.9 26.9 27.0 27.1 26.4 25.8 25.8
2 — 2.5 6.6 9.8 10.1 10.9 11.4 11.5 11.3 11.0 11.3
3 or more — 0.7 2.3 4.4 5.9 7.1 7.8 7.7 7.6 7.7 7.6

(—) = Data not available. NOTE: Latest data available.
1. In 1998 and 1999 Alaska, California, New Hampshire, and Oklahoma did not report abortion data to CDC. For comparison, in 1997 the 48 corresponding reporting areas reported about 900,000 legal abortions.
2. In 2000, 2001, and 2002 Alaska, California, and New Hampshire did not report abortion data to CDC.
3. No surveys were conducted in 1983, 1986, 1989, 1990, 1993, 1994, 1997, 1998, 2001, or 2002. Data for these years were estimated by interpolation.
4. For calculation of ratios by each characteristic, abortions with characteristic unknown were distributed in proportion to abortions with characteristic known.
5. For 1989 and later years, white race includes women of Hispanic ethnicity.
6. Before 1989 black race includes races other than white.
7. Reporting area increased from 20–22 States, the District of Columbia (DC), and New York City (NYC) in 1991–95 to 31 States and NYC in 2002. California, Florida, Illinois, and Arizona, states with large Hispanic populations, do not report Hispanic ethnicity.
8. For calculation of percent distribution by each characteristic, abortions with characteristic unknown were excluded.
9. For 1975, data refer to four previous live births, not four or more. For five or more previous live births, the ratio is 47.3.
10. For calculation of percent distribution by each characteristic, abortions with characteristic unknown were excluded.
Source: Health, United States, 2005. Web: www.cdc.gov .

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0764203.html

Care4all
08-29-2006, 05:39 AM
The Morning After pill, if taken within the first 3 days, prevents a fertilized egg from attaching to the uterus, just as the birth control pill does.

The morning after pill prevents eggs from becoming fertilized in the first place, but if that fails it also prevents the attachment of the egg...

from what I have read, around 80 % of all naturally fertilized eggs do not attach to the uterus...this is no different except it makes it 100% in most cases....

I don't know how often this morning after pill will be used...I can only bet that it would reduce the number of abortions....it seems more humane than aborting an embryo or fetus that has started the growing process to full personhood....and psycologically, less harm to the mother to be imo.

Cancel7
08-29-2006, 05:44 AM
Uhh, I hate to tell you, but "this one" proves you wrong:

3 or more (previous abortions) — 0.7 2.3 4.4 5.9 7.1 7.8 7.7 7.6 7.7 7.6

So according to "this one" a miniscule number of women can be termed as "using abortion as birth control" by any stretch of the imagination.

Cancel7
08-29-2006, 05:46 AM
The Morning After pill, if taken within the first 3 days, prevents a fertilized egg from attaching to the uterus, just as the birth control pill does.

The morning after pill prevents eggs from becoming fertilized in the first place, but if that fails it also prevents the attachment of the egg...

from what I have read, around 80 % of all naturally fertilized eggs do not attach to the uterus...this is no different except it makes it 100% in most cases....

I don't know how often this morning after pill will be used...I can only bet that it would reduce the number of abortions....it seems more humane than aborting an embryo or fetus that has started the growing process to full personhood....and psycologically, less harm to the mother to be imo.

Care, I honestly do not know about anybody on this thread, but causing harm to the woman is the main point of much of this argument in today's America.

The woman must be punished for having sex, outside of marriage.

maineman
08-29-2006, 05:46 AM
This debate merely lays bare the myth that the right is willing to compromise in any way about this issue. Care..you are absolutely right. This pill will prevent large numbers of abortions, and one would think that would be viewed as a good thing by the RR. But they don't want to reduce abortions, they want to totally and completely control the reproductive process fromthe instant of conception without exception. Is it any wonder why the pro-choice crowd feels the need to fight every single restriction on a woman's right to chose? They KNOW that the RR will NEVER be satisfied until the state controls the reproductive behaviors of all women. It is sort of scary, actually.

Cancel7
08-29-2006, 05:48 AM
This debate merely lays bare the myth that the right is willing to compromise in any way about this issue. Care..you are absolutely right. This pill will prevent large numbers of abortions, and one would think that would be viewed as a good thing by the RR. But they don't want to reduce abortions, they want to totally and completely control the reproductive process fromthe instant of conception without exception. Is it any wonder why the pro-choice crowd feels the need to fight every single restriction on a woman's right to chose? They KNOW that the RR will NEVER be satisfied until the state controls the reproductive behaviors of all women. It is sort of scary, actually.

Exactly right! And by controlling her reproductive behavior, they thereby control her sexual behavior, or, at the very least, are in the position to punish her properly for it. And that is what they want to do. And if you watch them closely enough, and give them just enough room to continue to rant, their ways will make themselves known, and the majority will recoil.

Care4all
08-29-2006, 05:50 AM
Well, Eve made Adam eat the apple and her punishment was a laborous and painful birthing of her children, to be passed on to all women.... :D... we can't let that punishment pass on by, now can we? ;) j/k

Trinity
08-29-2006, 06:12 AM
Exactly right! And by controlling her reproductive behavior, they thereby control her sexual behavior, or, at the very least, are in the position to punish her properly for it. And that is what they want to do. And if you watch them closely enough, and give them just enough room to continue to rant, their ways will make themselves known, and the majority will recoil.

who exactly is they?

Immanuel
08-29-2006, 06:27 AM
who exactly is they?

Same as always for Pro-choicers. Anyone that believes that life is precious and should be considered first. Anyone that believes that life must be protected.

That would be those evil pro-lifers. If you believe in protecting life, you are nothing but scum to Pro-choicers.

Immie

LadyT
08-29-2006, 06:36 AM

exactly. You'd think they'd be happy with this - I mean it will reduce the number of abortions performed. But alas no. They can't agree to that.

maineman
08-29-2006, 06:38 AM
Same as always for Pro-choicers. Anyone that believes that life is precious and should be considered first. Anyone that believes that life must be protected.

That would be those evil pro-lifers. If you believe in protecting life, you are nothing but scum to Pro-choicers.

Immie

quit being a drama queen.

the point is: if reducing abortions were the goal of the RR, then the morning after pill would be welcomed by them...but it is clear that total control of women's reproductive systems is what the goal really is.

Trinity
08-29-2006, 06:45 AM
Uhh, I hate to tell you, but "this one" proves you wrong:

3 or more (previous abortions) — 0.7 2.3 4.4 5.9 7.1 7.8 7.7 7.6 7.7 7.6

So according to "this one" a miniscule number of women can be termed as "using abortion as birth control" by any stretch of the imagination.

1973 1975 1980 1985 1990 1995 19981 19991 2000 2001 2002
Number of legal abortions reported in thousands
Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention
616 855 1,298 1,329 1,429 1,211 884 862 857 853 854
Alan Guttmacher Institute
3 745 1,034 1,554 1,589 1,609 1,359 1,319 1,315 1,313 1,303 1,293

Characteristic
1973 1975 1980 1985 1990 1995 19981 19991 2000 2001 2002

3 or more — 0.7 2.3 4.4 5.9 7.1 7.8 7.7 7.6 7.7 7.6

Yes it does seem miniscule doesn't it, however lets look at it this way. The numbers reported just from the CDC are the figures I will use. In 2002 there were 854,000 abortions performed on women yes the numbers you see up there are in thousands. 7.6% of them had 3 or more abortions, 7.6% comes out to be 64,904 women who have had 3 or more abortions so let's times that by 3 for the hell of it 194,712 Thats how many babies were aborted by these women who failed to use birthcontrol.

So anyway I am still trying to figure out exactly what point it is you are trying to make I believe I posted in another post that I did not have a problem with morning after pill, it is the abortions I have a problem with unless it is an extreme case. Not as a form of birth control.

Oh and as a side note I talked to all of the women that were there the last time I went with that friend of mine, just to find out why they were doing what they were doing, they were 8 women there all together 4 of the 8 used abortion as birth control, 2 of the women had had 4 previous abortions 1 had had 5 and the other had had 3. Then there is my friend who had just recently had her 5th.

Care4all
08-29-2006, 06:53 AM
Unlike other Prolifers, I have come to the conclusion that the way to change people's hearts about killing the unborn or even recognizing that the fetus is something more than a virus growth or the growth of a human toe nail, is not through legislation and accusations of murder or killer, but through the understanding of the science involved and through compassion for the mother to be....

I can't legislate a change of heart or the change of circumstances that lead to the root of these unwanted pregnancies....and I can't legislate my beliefs on to others.

There are many different religions out there that do not consider abortion as wrong. There are secularists out there that do not consider Abortion as wrong. and there are lots of Christians out there and many others too that believe abortion is wrong.

The only thing that I can do is pass on my own beliefs in personal conversations with people I meet and hope that they are given the forsight to recognize the unborn child as more than a virus or a blob of cells but a living entity, with its own human identity....

I also believe that as more and more women decide to have their offspring instead of aborting it, as the statistic of 40% of all babies born in our country are now born to single mothers, then fewer and fewer abortions will take place, becasue it will be common place for a woman to have a child out of wedlock and she will no longer be stereo typed as a woman with the Scarlet Letter on her.... making it easier on her to have a child on her own which is already difficult, without the "scorn" that goes with it.

That's the good news.

The bad news is that children of single mothers are more apt to live in poverty, get a poorer education etc.... :(

like I have said before, where the hell are the men in all of this? 40% of our babies are born to women that obviously loved the father of their baby enough to have it as a single mother and not abort it?

care

Trinity
08-29-2006, 06:58 AM
like I have said before, where the hell are the men in all of this? 40% of our babies are born to women that obviously loved the father of their baby enough to have it as a single mother and not abort it?

care

I often wonder this myself.

toby
08-29-2006, 07:51 AM
The debate about the pill was for the most part, whether it should be sold OTC without a Dr.

Immanuel
08-29-2006, 08:19 AM
quit being a drama queen.

the point is: if reducing abortions were the goal of the RR, then the morning after pill would be welcomed by them...but it is clear that total control of women's reproductive systems is what the goal really is.

Well, not quite, the point was that Darla was once again attacking people who have very valid reasons for opposing abortion. We, pro-lifers, are made out to be terrible ogres because we believe that the protection of life should come first. Many of us, me included, do not like the position this puts us in because we value the rights of women as well, but still feel that all life deserves protection.

Pro-choicers make us out to be ogres because of our views. Deep left choicers have no more desire than the RR to decrease the number of abortions. But, pro-choice people like Darla make me out to be the scum of the earth because of my beliefs yet get very defensive when they are chastised for their disdain for other living beings.

As for this morning after pill, I have not made up my mind. I don't trust either side. I'm certain Planned Parenthood is lieing about this pill, but the RR is no more honest the NOW or PP. I am very concerned about the safety of this drug for the woman and fear another Phen Phen type incident.

Immie

Care4all
08-29-2006, 08:26 AM
The debate about the pill was for the most part, whether it should be sold OTC without a Dr.

on that note:

you can only take this pill within the first three days of unprotected sex.

it would be difficult to schedule an appt with the doctor and get the prescription filled within that time period....thus, the over the counter access for over the age of 18 females.

on the otherhand, i believe a followup with a doctor of some sort should be required within 2 weeks of taking it, but there is no way that i could think of...that could make that happen....?

so then i thought, maybe places like planned parenthood ,should handle these emergency cases and prescribe/give the b/c pill to them at the same time they are explaining the detrimental consequences of this morning after pill if taken more than once in a certain amount of months...

krisy
08-29-2006, 08:26 AM
care4,I am totally with you that should men bare as much reponsibility with a child as the women. I have to wonder tho,how many women have abortions without even telling the father? He is expected to support the child if she has it,yet she can abort his baby without telling him. I know,there is really no way to solve this problem. Men in today's society can be just as careless as women. It should be HIS personal responsibility as well as hers to avoid unwanted pregnancy.

Trinity
08-29-2006, 08:28 AM

No I don't think it should be sold over the counter, clearly from what I have read this is something that is not recommended to be taken more then once a year, so that in itself tells me it could be dangerous, so I think that you should have to get this from a Doctor just so you can be informed on the risks involved with taking this pill.

toby
08-29-2006, 08:38 AM
What is the market for this drug anyway? Who needs it? Rubbers are easy to buy and available everywhere. If you plan sex, there are better options than this one time event drug. So why the need?

toby
08-29-2006, 08:39 AM
If you are active sexually you shouldn't be using this drug

Care4all
08-29-2006, 08:43 AM
[QUOTE=krisy;13833]care4,I am totally with you that should men bare as much reponsibility with a child as the women. I have to wonder tho,how many women have abortions without even telling the father? QUOTE]

I can tell you how many...probably most all of them imo.

Especially when you look at the statistic that 40% of all children born today are single mothers. To me, that spells out some clear facts....these women had to tell the father's in most cases and guess what, they are still having those babies on their own.

So, imo, those women that had abortions involved their man in the decision also, and their man had no intentions of doing "good" by it, thus the abortion.

I know that cases can be brought up where there is a father to be that wants to have his gal deliver his child, and where she has proceded to abort it....but those cases are few and far between in reality and are used by the right in my humble opinion to distort the facts, and the facts are men are not holding up to their responsibility of fatherhood....at least not nearly as much as women who now are showing their end of the responsibility of delivering their out of wedlock mistake and bringing forth her offspring and motherhood, with or without the father.

care

Jarod
08-29-2006, 08:48 AM
Trinity... thats a very hot avatar!

toby
08-29-2006, 08:53 AM
IF you support womens choice shouldn't you also support mens choice? Shouldn't men have a say in whether the child is born or not?

Care4all
08-29-2006, 08:57 AM
What is the market for this drug anyway? Who needs it? Rubbers are easy to buy and available everywhere. If you plan sex, there are better options than this one time event drug. So why the need?
it is an EMERGENCY contraceptive Toby, ala rubber breaking...or being raped, or for getting in to a stupid position.

Trinity
08-29-2006, 08:58 AM
Trinity... thats a very hot avatar!

Thankyou!:)

toby
08-29-2006, 09:01 AM
Thanks Care, those could be good reasons. But a very small market.

Care4all
08-29-2006, 09:01 AM
IF you support womens choice shouldn't you also support mens choice? Shouldn't men have a say in whether the child is born or not? on a personal level, of course he should. On a government level, I would have to say no...because he is not the person that would have to go 9 months gestating the child nor would he be taking any medical risk of his own life, as the woman does, by going through childbirth.

besides, most men don't give a hoot and that is why there are so many abortions and births out of wedlock...

they don't want this law to change, the majority anyway...otherwise it would have become law...afteralll, men really write and pass all the laws in this country...

care