PDA

View Full Version : Update......lol

robdastud
08-25-2006, 09:11 AM
YO he just came down to my desk, went down and smoked a cigarette and talked he said he saw me in march or something.... and we traded numbers and are going to hang out this weekend LOL

robdastud
08-25-2006, 09:12 AM
he said he tried to talk to me in March or something and thought i was stuck up...LOL CAN YOU BELIEVE IT... me stuck up...im not stuck up...

uscitizen
08-25-2006, 09:13 AM
Of course not :)

LadyT
08-25-2006, 09:20 AM
don't do it rob. Dating people at work is a bad idea. He clearly has the hots for you and will make a move. You'll either reject him or accept. If you reject him, he'll scorn you. If you accept, eventually that relationship will be over and you'll have an ex at the job. Not kewl. I'd leave it alone.

robdastud
08-25-2006, 09:24 AM
don't do it rob. Dating people at work is a bad idea. He clearly has the hots for you and will make a move. You'll either reject him or accept. If you reject him, he'll scorn you. If you accept, eventually that relationship will be over and you'll have an ex at the job. Not kewl. I'd leave it alone.

the more that i think about it the more that i agree with you Lady T....

LadyT
08-25-2006, 09:28 AM
the more that i think about it the more that i agree with you Lady T....

Good.

Now onto important news are you wearing the shades tonight?

:cool:

robdastud
08-25-2006, 09:31 AM
Good.

Now onto important news are you wearing the shades tonight?

:cool:

they are in the audi!!! but i need to run to the mall and get a new yankees hat.

Jarod
08-25-2006, 09:36 AM
I think you should go for it... You work in a big company and have no illusions of staying at your current job forever...

10 years from now it wont matter with regard to your career. It might matter to your relationship status and you will have had more fun!

Jarod
08-25-2006, 09:38 AM
When I was a prosecutor I think I at least made out with about half of the female prosecutors at the office. We all still get along now. In fact my wife and I had one who I fucked, and her husband over for dinner just the other night. Not awlkward at all, it was 7 years ago and everyone knows it is water under the bridge!

robdastud
08-25-2006, 09:40 AM
lol was your wife there in on it?

LadyT
08-25-2006, 09:43 AM
actually what are you wearing tonight? First impressions are very important

Jarod
08-25-2006, 09:44 AM
NO! It was years before I met my wife. They had to know it would happen when the office sent the girl and I away together for a conference. What kinda office sends two single professionals of the opposit sex away for a week and not expect some shit to happen.

In fact I did a trial against another girl I made out with once. That was funny, after she beat me we went out for drinks and did it again!

LadyT
08-25-2006, 09:49 AM
wow Alex! That's bold. I don't recommend it. I could tell you plenty of stories at jobs around here where that goes sour. The rumor mill can be viscious.

Jarod
08-25-2006, 09:55 AM
wow Alex! That's bold. I don't recommend it. I could tell you plenty of stories at jobs around here where that goes sour. The rumor mill can be viscious.

Not if you ignore the rumor mill, we were all single and did nuthing immoral. Who cares what they say... The rumors will go around illregardless to if they are true or not, they might as well be true!

Now if one of us were married at the time or something, that would be a different story. At the Prosecutors office everyone was sleeping with everyone! Only the secretaries cared enough to gossip about it. Our boss did not care... hell he even tried to hook up with one girl I was dating, no big deal. She politly turned him down and we all went on from there!

LadyT
08-25-2006, 09:58 AM
Not if you ignore the rumor mill, we were all single and did nuthing immoral. Who cares what they say... The rumors will go around illregardless to if they are true or not, they might as well be true!

Now if one of us were married at the time or something, that would be a different story. At the Prosecutors office everyone was sleeping with everyone! Only the secretaries cared enough to gossip about it. Our boss did not care... hell he even tried to hook up with one girl I was dating, no big deal. She politly turned him down and we all went on from there!

sounds like a good season of Ally McBeal

Jarod
08-25-2006, 10:01 AM
sounds like a good season of Ally McBeal

I used to think it would make a good reality television show. It sure was a lot of fun.

robdastud
08-25-2006, 10:20 AM
actually what are you wearing tonight? First impressions are very important

we are meeting after work so im just going straight from here, but i have on jeans (friday is jeans) and a polo shirt and sneakers.

LadyT
08-25-2006, 10:22 AM
we are meeting after work so im just going straight from here, but i have on jeans (friday is jeans) and a polo shirt and sneakers.

boot cut jeans and some nice shoes? I hope you're wearing a nice scent. I'm partial to Armani Black Code. CK is usually pretty good too.

robdastud
08-25-2006, 10:48 AM
boot cut jeans and some nice shoes? I hope you're wearing a nice scent. I'm partial to Armani Black Code. CK is usually pretty good too.

Givonnchi or however you spell it.. its a hot scent.

LadyT
08-25-2006, 10:55 AM
sounds good.

My head's pretty big today. I was getting my lunch this afternoon and the lady at the register said I had a "really" nice body. She asked how many times a week I work out. I was like yeah, a couple......ya know ;)

robdastud
08-25-2006, 11:01 AM
Lol...

Jarod
08-25-2006, 12:18 PM
Sneekers for a date?

Uncool

LadyT
08-25-2006, 01:12 PM
I have to agree with Alex. do you have any spares in the car? I mean it is your first date.

Jarod
08-25-2006, 01:45 PM
Have a good time!

Cancel7
08-25-2006, 02:40 PM

I've seen it go both ways. If it ends up to be a love thing, it's worth kissing the job off for. Let's face it, people don't spend their lives at one job anymore. ON the other hand, if it's a good job and you'd be a lot better off keeping it for at least a couple of years, and if it's not love, then you're much better off walking away from the potentional relationship. The problem is how do you know if it's love?

So as you might guess, I have screwed up one or two jobs with romantic entanglments. But I did get engaged to one of them, and even almost made it down the aisle, so you can't really say I'm a slut. lol

Anyway, I can't give Rob any advice on this. I'm like George Costanza, if you do the exact opposite of what I think is a good idea in regards to sexual matters, you're going to come out ok.

Cancel7
08-25-2006, 02:48 PM
Good luck Rob. I really can't wait to hear how it turns out.

LadyT
08-25-2006, 03:49 PM
I've seen it go both ways. If it ends up to be a love thing, it's worth kissing the job off for. Let's face it, people don't spend their lives at one job anymore. ON the other hand, if it's a good job and you'd be a lot better off keeping it for at least a couple of years, and if it's not love, then you're much better off walking away from the potentional relationship. The problem is how do you know if it's love?

So as you might guess, I have screwed up one or two jobs with romantic entanglments. But I did get engaged to one of them, and even almost made it down the aisle, so you can't really say I'm a slut. lol

Anyway, I can't give Rob any advice on this. I'm like George Costanza, if you do the exact opposite of what I think is a good idea in regards to sexual matters, you're going to come out ok.

Yeah, but Rob's going to be there for a while - the company is paying for his MBA and he has said on numerous occassions that we weren't meant to have one life partner. My guess is it would eventually end. And when it does.....BAM you're ex is at your job. I mean, one of the best things about breaking up with someone is that you don't have to see them again. Why gamble that away?

Jarod
08-25-2006, 04:13 PM
Yeah, but Rob's going to be there for a while - the company is paying for his MBA and he has said on numerous occassions that we weren't meant to have one life partner. My guess is it would eventually end. And when it does.....BAM you're ex is at your job. I mean, one of the best things about breaking up with someone is that you don't have to see them again. Why gamble that away?

It never bothered me to have an ex at the job, in fact I am friends with almost all of my exes. If I liked them enough to be involved why not be friends after you are involved?

LadyT
08-25-2006, 04:19 PM
Ugh.....there are very few ex's I would mind seeing on a daily basis. As a matter of fact there are two and I talk them regularly but as for the other guys I've dated, I would LOATHE to have see them every day or have to work on something with them?????!!!!!!!! Ugh.......I shudder to think. No, its best to break it off and keep on moving.

Jarod
08-25-2006, 04:22 PM
I guess I am pretty forgiving.

Cancel7
08-25-2006, 04:24 PM
It never bothered me to have an ex at the job, in fact I am friends with almost all of my exes. If I liked them enough to be involved why not be friends after you are involved?

It doesn't always work out that both want the breakup. In fact, it's pretty rare. You know, you seem to work in an interesting place, but I can assure you that most corporations frown on dating between co-workers, and have policies against management dating underlings. There are several reasons for that, and only one of them involve lawsuits.

Cancel7
08-25-2006, 04:28 PM

Then it depends on how big his company is, and how often he would see this guy after the breakup. If it was even just a medium sized company, putting me in close proximity to the person post-breakup, and the company was paying for my MBA, I wouldn't do it. I don't know where he works. I've worked at companies that had 20 floors, and depending on who it was, you might never see them at work.

I'm not disagreeing that I wouldn't want some exes at my job. It depends on the breakup of course. It's a total crap shoot. But guess what Tiana? If they want each other, they're going to do it. lol. I mean, we can talk all we want, but that's how it goes down. Don't you think?

LadyT
08-25-2006, 04:29 PM
It doesn't always work out that both want the breakup. In fact, it's pretty rare. You know, you seem to work in an interesting place, but I can assure you that most corporations frown on dating between co-workers, and have policies against management dating underlings. There are several reasons for that, and only one of them involve lawsuits.

I think you summed it nicely.

LadyT
08-25-2006, 04:34 PM
I'm not disagreeing that I wouldn't want some exes at my job. It depends on the breakup of course. It's a total crap shoot. But guess what Tiana? If they want each other, they're going to do it. lol. I mean, we can talk all we want, but that's how it goes down. Don't you think?

Yeah that's true but a reputation will follow you - when it comes time to be promoted people will think more about how you showed your ass than how good you did on a project.

Cancel7
08-25-2006, 04:38 PM
Yeah that's true but a reputation will follow you - when it comes time to be promoted people will think more about how you showed your ass than how good you did on a project.

True. I always found it difficult to meet guys I would be interested in dating, outside of work though. I hate when guys hit on me in bars, and I find they are usually really big jerks, and almost always looking for sex, like right then. As if. I guess the thing about work is, you get comfortable with someone first. I defintely don't have the answers for the best places to meet people. But work is the most obvious place, and all that time together, attractions are going to develop, and people will mess up their jobs over them. I doubt it will ever stop, but you're certainly not wrong to feel that it's not the smart thing to do.

LadyT
08-25-2006, 05:00 PM
Well, it could possibly work out, but I think unless you're really going to take someone seriously its best to leave it alone. Actually I met my boyfriend at bar! LOL. And My best friend works with 2 of her ex's and her current boyfriend! But she's not in the same offices as them and she doesn't have to see them much at all unless she makes the effort.

Jarod
08-25-2006, 07:27 PM

I know but you get over it. If you did not want the break up you get over it!

robdastud
08-28-2006, 05:11 AM

actually i might have to eat those words about not being meant to have one life partner.... :clink: :cof1: