PDA

View Full Version : Karma for the sunglasses

robdastud
08-24-2006, 10:15 AM
the jetta died todayu on the way to work.... but i did look fabulous on the side of the road!!! :clink:

uscitizen
08-24-2006, 10:23 AM
That is what you get for stealing sunglasses :)

IHateGovernment
08-24-2006, 10:24 AM
Let that be a lesson to you Rob.

robdastud
08-24-2006, 10:32 AM

id do it all over again if i had the chance.

uscitizen
08-24-2006, 10:34 AM
We know Rob :)

robdastud
08-24-2006, 10:35 AM
also was supposed to go on a date w/ this kid who i was talking to online, but i had to cancel w/ him b/c its my mom's birthday and have to go out to dinner w/ her, that im really kinda bummed about...

IHateGovernment
08-24-2006, 10:41 AM
Dude thats your mom she's gotta get priority. You can meet up with that guy later on even the next day.

The jetta may cost more to repair than the purchase of the sunglasses though.

robdastud
08-24-2006, 10:47 AM
Dude thats your mom she's gotta get priority. You can meet up with that guy later on even the next day.

The jetta may cost more to repair than the purchase of the sunglasses though.

I know but can't i be pissed about it for awhile... i never have a date or anything... LOL... i might not get the jetta fixed and just use my other car... it depends on how much the jetta is to get fixed.

Damocles
08-24-2006, 10:54 AM
So, you might not use your new car because it doesn't work, but you might use your old one that we told you to keep? Hmmmm.....

robdastud
08-24-2006, 11:01 AM
So, you might not use your new car because it doesn't work, but you might use your old one that we told you to keep? Hmmmm.....

damo...lol im using the new car now... the jetta is the old car w/ 167000 miles on it... i had to get a ride from the tow truck guy to the enfield VW dealer and had to pay 3.75 a mile so it cost me 45 bucks to get to enfield then i drove my new car to work (the audi)

robdastud
08-24-2006, 11:04 AM
what i mean to say is i might just junk the jetta b/c it might not be worth fixing.. i mean if its going to cost me 1K to fix and its worth 1K then it really doesn't serve any purpose to have both.

uscitizen
08-24-2006, 11:09 AM
Especially considering insurance.

Damocles
08-24-2006, 11:16 AM
That makes more sense now. I was trying to figure out what was up..

robdastud
08-24-2006, 11:19 AM
That makes more sense now. I was trying to figure out what was up..

not to mention that i had to cancel my date tonight to go out w/ my mom cuz its her birthday....

Damocles
08-24-2006, 11:21 AM
not to mention that i had to cancel my date tonight to go out w/ my mom cuz its her birthday....
If your date doesn't understand family obligation then your date isn't worth the money or time you spend on them. Didn't you reschedule?

IHateGovernment
08-24-2006, 11:21 AM
:viol:

IHateGovernment
08-24-2006, 11:22 AM
Rob do you treat or go dutch just curious? Or do you go by the whole who asked method?

robdastud
08-24-2006, 11:40 AM
If your date doesn't understand family obligation then your date isn't worth the money or time you spend on them. Didn't you reschedule?

yes lunch on saturday.

robdastud
08-24-2006, 11:45 AM
Rob do you treat or go dutch just curious? Or do you go by the whole who asked method?

ill probably treat b/c i felt bad about having to cancel... usually for some reason first dates usually offer to pay b/c im a stud, so i let them

LadyT
08-24-2006, 11:53 AM
ill probably treat b/c i felt bad about having to cancel... usually for some reason first dates usually offer to pay b/c im a stud, so i let them

That's a good idea if you had to cancel.

robdastud
08-24-2006, 12:01 PM
That's a good idea if you had to cancel.

believe me Lady T i didn't want to... he is CUTE!!! but it is my mom's birthday, and im feeling kinda selfish today i guess...

uscitizen
08-24-2006, 12:29 PM
what is the protocol for wh pays whan both are the same sex ?
Just curious, but not curious enought to date a guy :)

robdastud
08-24-2006, 12:45 PM
what is the protocol for wh pays whan both are the same sex ?
Just curious, but not curious enought to date a guy :)

in my experiences i would expect for the first few dates to be dutch, unless they offer to pay then thats fine w/ me, and ill get them the next time... if i am really interested then sometimes ill pay... but usually i find that they offer.

i don't think it differs much from straight dating nowadays seems woman want it more equal, but then again what do i know lol

LadyT
08-24-2006, 01:05 PM
in my experiences i would expect for the first few dates to be dutch, unless they offer to pay then thats fine w/ me, and ill get them the next time... if i am really interested then sometimes ill pay... but usually i find that they offer.

i don't think it differs much from straight dating nowadays seems woman want it more equal, but then again what do i know lol

first few dates the guys pay. When you're in a relationship, you usually will take turns paying. At least that's been my experiences.

Cancel7
08-24-2006, 04:00 PM

The only lesson I can see is that if he hadn't taken the sunglasses he wouldn't have looked as good when his car got stuck. Because it would have anyway.

If there were such a thing as Karma, Dick Cheney wouldn't have lived long enough to survive 5 heart attacks. Sadly, there is no such thing.

Cancel7
08-24-2006, 04:01 PM

You know something? The same thing happens to me and I let them too! lol

Cancel7
08-24-2006, 04:04 PM
first few dates the guys pay. When you're in a relationship, you usually will take turns paying. At least that's been my experiences.

Mine too. I like to stretch it out from the first few dates to like ,the first few months, but eventually you have to offer to pay for something. Unless the guy is rich in which case I offer nothing, and I console myself thinking of how I'm getting revenge for all the people he screwed to get that money, because you know that's one of the good parts of being a liberal. You have a good excuse for screwing over rich people. It's all about taking a stand against the abuses of captialism.

Damocles
08-24-2006, 04:28 PM
Mine too. I like to stretch it out from the first few dates to like ,the first few months, but eventually you have to offer to pay for something. Unless the guy is rich in which case I offer nothing, and I console myself thinking of how I'm getting revenge for all the people he screwed to get that money, because you know that's one of the good parts of being a liberal. You have a good excuse for screwing over rich people. It's all about taking a stand against the abuses of captialism.

My, my, my... At least I hear honesty in this remark. Methinks maineman would object a smidge he keeps telling me he is a died in the wool capitalist while still being a liberal.

;)

Cancel7
08-24-2006, 05:14 PM
My, my, my... At least I hear honesty in this remark. Methinks maineman would object a smidge he keeps telling me he is a died in the wool capitalist while still being a liberal.

;)

I'm pretty left Damo. He even calls himself a yellow dog dem, doesn't he? I'd be way to the left of him in that case. You just don't realize it on account of my charm.

Damocles
08-24-2006, 05:18 PM
I'm pretty left Damo. He even calls himself a yellow dog dem, doesn't he? I'd be way to the left of him in that case. You just don't realize it on account of my charm.
I'm pretty much opposite you. I believe that our freedoms begin at the market... The more free the market the more free the people.

robdastud
08-24-2006, 07:14 PM
The only lesson I can see is that if he hadn't taken the sunglasses he wouldn't have looked as good when his car got stuck. Because it would have anyway.

If there were such a thing as Karma, Dick Cheney wouldn't have lived long enough to survive 5 heart attacks. Sadly, there is no such thing.

this is why l love darla....