PDA

View Full Version : Twins Lowball Hunter AND Santana

Socrtease
09-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Hunter has said he is going to make the club wait just like they made him wait. He also said that he is going to enjoy his six months of free agency. Santana has completely halted talks with the Twins. So there are going to be some big money large market teams out there that are going to throw sackfulls of money at both these guys. I can see the Yankees and the Red Sox playing dueling checkbooks for Santana during the off season. He has 15 wins at this point so is still a solid pitcher. The off season has gotten interesting before the playoffs have even begun.

bob
09-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Hunter has said he is going to make the club wait just like they made him wait. He also said that he is going to enjoy his six months of free agency. Santana has completely halted talks with the Twins. So there are going to be some big money large market teams out there that are going to throw sackfulls of money at both these guys. I can see the Yankees and the Red Sox playing dueling checkbooks for Santana during the off season. He has 15 wins at this point so is still a solid pitcher. The off season has gotten interesting before the playoffs have even begun.

they cant afford em anymore... the twins are one of the poorest teams in the leage

Socrtease
09-10-2007, 02:07 PM
they cant afford em anymore... the twins are one of the poorest teams in the leage
Yeah I remember reading last year that the Yankees local market TV deal is worth more than the twins entire national TV deal

bob
09-11-2007, 11:34 AM
Yeah I remember reading last year that the Yankees local market TV deal is worth more than the twins entire national TV deal

ya there are alot of crazy stats like that, i hear em all the time living here.

it kinda makes it more fun when they are doing good. all though iam not a big baseball fan, i used to be but lost the love for it when they went on strike in the '90s.