PDA

View Full Version : READ THE RULES

BRUTALITOPS
08-17-2013, 06:53 PM
Multiple people today (3+) have all reported random posts that are in no way shape or form a violation of any rules here.

Folks, the rules are very very basic and easy to understand. Do not report something because it's against the rules somewhere else. We don't care.

Go to the effing rules page and read. Do not report stuff until you have a good understanding of what is and isn't allowed here.

Minister of Truth
08-17-2013, 06:59 PM
What about the illiterate posters? I am reporting your post, as per usual...

Cancel 2016.11
08-23-2013, 08:24 AM
I reported something this morning that broke no rules. I think that's a first for me. Sorry, I had to vent or I was going to post it on the board, and that would have brought an unacceptable amount of blowback to me at this time. Someday it's going to happen though. Big time!

Howey
08-23-2013, 08:31 AM
I'm sorry to admit but I regressed momentarily when I reported USF's post asking Steel if he wanted his 16 year old daughter to have sex with an older man.

Apparently it wasn't a violation of the rules so I apologize profusely.

tekkychick
08-23-2013, 08:37 AM
I reported something this morning that broke no rules. I think that's a first for me. Sorry, I had to vent or I was going to post it on the board, and that would have brought an unacceptable amount of blowback to me at this time. Someday it's going to happen though. Big time!

I did that one time too, a week or two ago. It was something so horrible I had to vent, but didn't want to do it on the board. I even admitted as I reported it that it didn't break any rule...

Howey
08-23-2013, 08:52 AM

I did that one time too, a week or two ago. It was something so horrible I had to vent, but didn't want to do it on the board. I even admitted as I reported it that it didn't break any rule...

Did y'all get infractions for them. lol...I got two infractions for reporting posts.

evince
08-23-2013, 08:57 AM
hell I so rarely report posts that I had mods urging me to do so.

funny thing was once I did start reporting them they would get mad at me.

weird shit some people think.

They would infract me for some obscure rules.

then I would say but hey you didn't do that to this person here.

then they would say No one reported it so next time report it.

then if I reported the same type of infractions they gave me by others then they would get pissed.

so many games on the internets.

this place is still the best in the internets

Cancel 2016.11
08-23-2013, 08:59 AM
Did y'all get infractions for them. lol...I got two infractions for reporting posts.

So far, no. I only did it once. I kinda suspect they agree with my report anyway.

Cancel 2016.11
08-23-2013, 09:00 AM
hell I so rarely report posts that I had mods urging me to do so.

funny thing was once I did start reporting them they would get mad at me.

weird shit some people think.

They would infract me for some obscure rules.

then I would say but hey you didn't do that to this person here.

then they would say No one reported it so next time report it.

then if I reported the same type of infractions they gave me by others then they would get pissed.

so many games on the internets.

this place is still the best in the internets

LOL

Yeah, the mods here are the best as far as all that goes.

canceled.2021.1
08-23-2013, 09:12 AM
Well at least we know who all the whiny asses are

tekkychick
08-23-2013, 09:33 AM
So far, no. I only did it once. I kinda suspect they agree with my report anyway.

Same here... or they may have just been in a mellow mood that day.

BRUTALITOPS
08-23-2013, 10:16 AM
a note on the infractions:

it is a quick and convenient way for us to send out a message containing the report post and other info, when we do that we give 1 pt that expires in 1 hour. It's not really meant to be seen as an infraction, it's just a way for us to message you guys when you report stuff.

Rune
08-23-2013, 11:29 AM
a note on the infractions:

it is a quick and convenient way for us to send out a message containing the report post and other info, when we do that we give 1 pt that expires in 1 hour. It's not really meant to be seen as an infraction, it's just a way for us to message you guys when you report stuff.

How come I never get any infractions?

tekkychick
08-23-2013, 12:12 PM
How come I never get any infractions?

'cause you're perfect.

Canceled.2014.1
08-23-2013, 12:14 PM
I have been here for years and have never gotten an infraction!!

I knew being nice would never pay off!!

Rune
08-23-2013, 03:06 PM
I have been here for years and have never gotten an infraction!!

I knew being nice would never pay off!!

That's not it. It is good that you are nice, one of the best features of this place, but I am routinely an asshole and have never been awarded any infractions either.

BRUTALITOPS
08-23-2013, 03:13 PM
i just fucking explained that infractions have nothing to do with anything punitive, it's just a messaging system for us.

tekkychick
08-23-2013, 03:24 PM
i just fucking explained that infractions have nothing to do with anything punitive, it's just a messaging system for us.

There you go, bringing reality into it, and we were having SO much fun with the topic!

BRUTALITOPS
08-23-2013, 03:25 PM
so basically how it works is someone reports something, we see it. Sometimes we want to respond, if we do, rather than copy and pasting and messaging people about a reported post (sometimes having to specify because lots of people report more than one thing within hours or even minutes):

We give an infraction, which brings up this:

(spoiler because the image is big and I don't want to distort this page)

http://i.imgur.com/0pe2udN.png

So then it gets sent to the user, the point expires in one hour, and it's completely meaningless because we don't do infractions on JPP. it's just a tool.

The user on the other end then gets something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/6aRWD5H.png

http://i.imgur.com/zpWRzjN.png

Phantasmal
08-23-2013, 03:47 PM

I admit, I have done so as well. I thought Grind liked my venting ;). Next time I'll hit up Billy.

Howey
08-23-2013, 03:51 PM
I admit I knew about the "infractions" already cuz Grind told me a while back.

I just wanted to rile the proles. :)

Phantasmal
08-23-2013, 03:51 PM

I still want one damn it!

Phantasmal
08-23-2013, 03:53 PM
so basically how it works is someone reports something, we see it. Sometimes we want to respond, if we do, rather than copy and pasting and messaging people about a reported post (sometimes having to specify because lots of people report more than one thing within hours or even minutes):

So then it gets sent to the user, the point expires in one hour, and it's completely meaningless because we don't do infractions on JPP. it's just a tool.

Who is this Wolfbot and why is he getting infractions and not I?

Sorry, silly mood, it's Friday!

tekkychick
08-23-2013, 03:56 PM
Sorry, silly mood, it's Friday!

Thank goodness! Been heads down all week long in the system prepping for next week's onsite. It's as done as it's going to be, and it's the weekend as far as I'm concerned!

Phantasmal
08-23-2013, 04:02 PM
Thank goodness! Been heads down all week long in the system prepping for next week's onsite. It's as done as it's going to be, and it's the weekend as far as I'm concerned!

My kids left, it is bittersweet. I cooked and clean like when they lived at home! I forgot how much I use to do when they lived at home! I get to relax now and eat salad! He he

Rune
08-23-2013, 04:04 PM

Finally a Grind meltdown. Didn't think I'd ever see one. Out of weed Bro?

Phantasmal
08-23-2013, 04:48 PM
I am special, yes I am, yes, I am, yes, I am!

Whoop whoop!

Big Money
08-23-2013, 06:03 PM
I am special, yes I am, yes, I am, yes, I am! Whoop whoop!

Yes, you are. You were, what, 20 years younger when you sat for this portrait?

http://digital-art-gallery.com/oid/109/r169_457x256_18903_%D0%91%D0%B8%D1%87_%D0%90%D1%83 %D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BE_2d_fan_art_old_woman_special_fo rces_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Howey
08-23-2013, 07:08 PM
Who is this Wolfbot and why is he getting infractions and

Yurt. That's when he went off bawling.

Howey
08-24-2013, 08:13 AM
I just reported Rune's post for nothing. I hope he's banned forever. But he will have a smile for getting an infraction. :)

Minister of Truth
08-24-2013, 09:20 AM
It's wicked fun to report posts for no reason. I think my next report comment will read "This post in no way violates the rules of this site."

Minister of Truth
08-24-2013, 09:21 AM
There, I just reported Rana's post, above.

Howey
08-24-2013, 09:25 AM
There, I just reported Rana's post, above.

Oh shit. I reported the wrong post!

Now I'm going to have to report yours because I made a fool of myself, you fag!

webcreations
09-12-2013, 04:00 AM
I am new here in the forums, and I post only unique and fresh content, hope I cannot come in the front of these problem.

Rune
09-12-2013, 05:47 AM
I am new here in the forums, and I post only unique and fresh content, hope I cannot come in the front of these problem.

Fresh meat.