PDA

View Full Version : Should we get rid of Groans? Vote Now

BRUTALITOPS
07-19-2013, 11:32 PM
A lot of people have started to complain about groans and getting groan-spammed etc.

So we have decided to put this to a vote.

Note: we are talking about JUST groans. We will be keeping "thanks"

Here are the pros and cons as far as I see it.

Pros:

Sometimes someone says something really stupid. It's very convenient to basically dismiss ones argument without having to bother responding to a mouth breather

Some people actually deserve being groaned for their idiotic opinions.

Sometimes Groans can be used for humor. I.E. watermark says something really optimistic and inspiring and I groan him.

Cons:

People abuse the groan feature, and will mass groan the shit out of people, even without reading peoples posts
People are less likely to go out of their way to "mass thank" someone, as no one wants to be that positive.
It clogs up peoples notification inbox as it will bump thanks to the background

Here is how the voting will work.

Voting will only be open to regular active members. We aren't going to let people that barely post here to make decisions about JPP.

Here is the approved list of voters:

annie
aoxomoxoa
BAC
beefy
bfgrn
billy
boris the animal
callinectes
cawacko
charver
christiefan
classic liberal
crashk
damo
darla
disillusioned
don quixote
dungheap
evince
Grind
howey
I love america
iolo
leaningright
jarod
mott
nova
obfuscate
philly rabbit
postmodernprofit
professor baxter
racerx
rana
rationalist <-- Brent
rune
sedan
signalman
socratease
sjjrsjjs
smarterthanyou
steelplate
superfreak
susiecutzpah
taichiliberal
tekkychick
thing1
threedee
tinfoil
usfreedom
watermark
winterborn
yurt
zappasguitar

Some peoples "standard" name might have been used, so just check.

I went first through the people that have visited in the last 24 hours, and then added that together with all the top posters going down to people that have made around > 100 posts.

Soooooo chances are if you are not on this list you aren't very active here, or you are very new. There is easily a chance I missed someone, so if you think you should be counted just shoot me a pm.

Anyone not on this masterlist will not have their vote counted.
Trolls and duplicates will obviously have their vote thrown away. If you try double voting both your votes will be thrown out.
Tie goes to keeping it.
Need at least 20 votes to be valid. (this shouldn't be hard because again this list if of pretty active users. So spam your buddies walls and get them to vote).

BRUTALITOPS
07-19-2013, 11:50 PM
also I am not trying to be douchey by putting something like this to a vote, but a few people have complained, and I don't really want to stirp a feature if most people actually like it or dont mind it.

USFREEDOM911
07-19-2013, 11:55 PM
A lot of people have started to complain about groans and getting groan-spammed etc.

Pros:

Sometimes someone says something really stupid. It's very convenient to basically dismiss ones argument without having to bother responding to a mouth breather

Sometimes Groans can be used for humor. I.E. watermark says something really optimistic and inspiring and I groan him.

Cons:

People abuse the groan feature, and will mass groan the shit out of people, even without reading peoples posts
People are less likely to go out of their way to "mass thank" someone, as no one wants to be that positive.

Voting will only be open to regular active members. We aren't going to let people that barely post here to make decisions about JPP.

annie
aoxomoxoa
BAC
beefy
bfgrn
billy
boris the animal
callinectes
cawacko
charver
christiefan
classic liberal
crashk
damo
darla
disillusioned
don quixote
dungheap
evince
Grind
howey
I love america
iolo
leaningright
jarod
mott
nova
obfuscate
philly rabbit
postmodernprofit
professor baxter
racerx
rana
rationalist <-- Brent
rune
sedan
signalman
socratease
sjjrsjjs
smarterthanyou
steelplate
superfreak
susiecutzpah
taichiliberal
tekkychick
thing1
threedee
tinfoil
usfreedom
watermark
winterborn
yurt
zappasguitar

I went first through the people that have visited in the last 24 hours, and then added that together with all the top posters going down to people that have made around > 100 posts.

Soooooo chances are if you are not on this list you aren't very active here, or you are very new. There is easily a chance I missed someone, so if you think you should be counted just shoot me a pm.

Trolls and duplicates will obviously have their vote thrown away. If you try double voting both your votes will be thrown out.
Tie goes to keeping it.
Need at least 20 votes to be valid. (this shouldn't be hard because again this list if of pretty active users. So spam your buddies walls and get them to vote).

I say keep them; because it gives posters like Rune, Topper/The Dude, etc something to do, besides roaming the streets and begging for spare change.
Plus reading all of Desh's comments about "bricks" was funny.

Disillusioned
07-20-2013, 12:42 AM
Since I don't see any rule against commenting I'll throw in my two cents. While there are times where people will auto groan eachother, that's generally their loss as their groans get less and less impactful on what others think. And occasionally there are times where there are no words to express your disgust with a post. Keep em on. If people groan too much, eventually others just stop caring when they do.

Don Quixote
07-20-2013, 02:46 AM
normally i do not care, however, some posters abuse the feature so i either put them on ignore or will be banning from my threads

evince
07-20-2013, 04:13 AM
seeings how I have never "groaned" anyone ever I would not miss them.

the groan spaming does keep the infants happy and that is something.

pressed to give a vote one way or the other I would say get rid of them.

some seem to use the groan feature instead of actually telling you WHAT about your post they disagree with and why.

its shorthand instead of discussion.

the thanks feature is handy and I actually don't use it enough.

I get to talking and forget to click the little button on many many a post.

too much groaning by some is dangerous for their health.

they may give themselves a hernia.

FUCK THE POLICE
07-20-2013, 04:39 AM
I have a groan-groaned ratio of like 4-1. I suppose I'm just an asshole.

evince
07-20-2013, 04:44 AM
well there is always that possibility

evince
07-20-2013, 04:47 AM
here is a thought.

if you can separate them out then maybe everyone can have a limmited supply of them.

then they would have to really think if their groans were worth giving or not.

a certain amount each time frame

a day

a week

a month

what ever.

I would hope no limits on the thanks though.

evince
07-20-2013, 04:55 AM
but dude I was planning on making a bundle selling my groans to people damn

how about if I give you a slice of the profits ?

will you ungroan me.

Oh yeah they are not worth money YET.

nevermind

FUCK THE POLICE
07-20-2013, 04:56 AM
I am making this post in order to groan it.

FUCK THE POLICE
07-20-2013, 04:57 AM
Goddamnit, you can't groan your own post. I am foiled.

evince
07-20-2013, 05:03 AM
that would be awesome

I once started a thread and banned only myself

evince
07-20-2013, 05:04 AM
that is the only time I ever used that feature

evince
07-20-2013, 05:07 AM
Imagine if you then owned the groans people gave to you and then you could turn and sell them to the people who need more groans than their allotment.

damn this could get really profitable

FUCK THE POLICE
07-20-2013, 05:57 AM
Like cap n trade, but with groans.

evince
07-20-2013, 06:05 AM
I love capitalism!

PostmodernProphet
07-20-2013, 07:00 AM
normally i do not care, however, some posters abuse the feature so i either put them on ignore or will be banning from my threadswon't help.....people you have on ignore can still groan you.....that was the only thing about groans that bugged me, as they don't show up under the notifications list.....so you get a message that you have notifications and go there, only to find its empty and you've wasted your time....

PostmodernProphet
07-20-2013, 07:03 AM
Imagine if you then owned the groans people gave to you and then you could turn and sell them to the people who need more groans than their allotment.

damn this could get really profitable

wtf.....I gave you my groans because you said they were going for a good charitable cause and now you're going to sell them?.......

evince
07-20-2013, 07:04 AM
I guess we can just think of it as a playpin for the infantile.

they get to have a rattle to keep them busy.

yeah we hear the noise of the rattle but at least the baby isn't crying all the time

evince
07-20-2013, 07:50 AM
legions jeeeeze dude wipe that spit off your face

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?53060-Desh-s-precious-earwitness-trashed/page11

tekkychick
07-20-2013, 08:09 AM
I don't really care. I rarely look at the thanks/groans I get; thanks are nice, keep those, but the groans don't bother me if I get them. I like Evince's scheme of limits and selling them, but what's the currency? bitcoins? could get complicated...

I do rarely groan people; it is a way to tell them their post is stupid/awful/whatever without having to comment in the thread. (very useful if one is banned from the thread).

The only abuser of them that I know of is Legion Troll; and if he couldn't groan what would he do all day? But if there's a way to stop one user from hitting the groans button, stopping him would take care of the abuse.

Maybe we should start an educational campaign....
"Groan Abuse - next on Oprah!" "Save the Groan button - keep it from being abused!" "SPCG - Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Groans". "Hitting the Groan button makes hair grow on your hands!" "Groans: not just for breakfast anymore." oh wait, that last one won't work...

Keep them, toss them, I don't care. Now I'll go vote that way.

evince
07-20-2013, 08:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jCRybqpvTI

LTs dream girl

canceled.2021.1
07-20-2013, 09:06 AM
Is there a middle ground? Keep them but make notifications for only PMs

I don't care if people groan me or not but seeing 98 notifications offends my delicate sensibilities

evince
07-20-2013, 09:10 AM
how about making them count for more.

a limited supply of the groans will make them more meaningful.

Legion Troll
07-20-2013, 09:17 AM
how about making them count for more. a limited supply of the groans will make them more meaningful.

weren't you asking for more little red bricks yesterday?

wasn't howey organizing liberal groan fests just a couple days ago?

evince
07-20-2013, 09:18 AM
and???????

Rune
07-20-2013, 09:24 AM
wtf.....I gave you my groans because you said they were going for a good charitable cause and now you're going to sell them?.......

This is very funny, especially considering the source.

Rune
07-20-2013, 09:26 AM
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Duh.

Rune
07-20-2013, 09:28 AM
Who gives a shit about pussys that don't like their well deserved groans?

I assume we are talking about Tom here, so all the more.

Groan on bitches.

Rune
07-20-2013, 09:29 AM
irony

Yes, you writing anything to me is indeed irony.

Steelplate
07-20-2013, 10:01 AM
I never groaned anyone. I feel it's better to use words...or if something is so over the top...to just simply ignore the thread altogether. Also, because I almost exclusively use Tapatalk....I don't see my stats. I can see when I am thanked or when I thank someone in a given post...but I don't see groans, nor does it keep track of them....so in my case...ignorance is bliss.

As an aside....people who get on here for the purpose of tearing others down are going to do it regardless of whether the board has the groan feature or not. So...on one hand....a simple groan may eliminate some douchebaggery inside of threads. On the other hand...gang groaning sucks, especially if there's a tally system that is applied to your "reputation".

So...now that I've flip-flopped....I say just get rid of them.

evince
07-20-2013, 10:04 AM
I still think a limited amount might be useful.

You really have to think about if the post is groanworthy.

I like you still will never use one for the same reasons

Legion Troll
07-20-2013, 10:16 AM

:good4u:

NOVA
07-20-2013, 10:29 AM
How about a time limit on groaning posts....prick spammers like the Dude and some others search back and groan posts that are 6-8-10 months old and more....
you can post 3 times in one day and have 50 to 100 groans for that day .... its crazy and they're unless.
Either debate or shut the fuck up.

Cancel 2020.1
07-20-2013, 10:37 AM
What's the big deal? To me, the groan/thank thing just adds some interest to the board.

I have probably used groan about 10 times since it started. I used it twice on BAC the other day, and both he & Darla said I was "groaning every single one" of his posts.

So, that was entertaining. For that alone, I'd say keep it.

BRUTALITOPS
07-20-2013, 10:45 AM
here is a thought.

if you can separate them out then maybe everyone can have a limmited supply of them.

then they would have to really think if their groans were worth giving or not.

a certain amount each time frame

a day

a week

a month

what ever.

I would hope no limits on the thanks though.

interesting idea but i dont think that's possible.

BRUTALITOPS
07-20-2013, 10:48 AM
darla sucks at voting and voted to keep but she actually wants them gone. so mentally remove 1 vote from keep and add one vote to get rid of

ZappasGuitar
07-20-2013, 10:59 AM
First of all, anyone who thinks they are actually upsetting someone because they clicked a little button at the bottom of a post thousands of times is completely delusional.

I log in these days to find my usual compliment of groans from the YurTroll and I wonder just what he thinks he's accomplishing?

I click on "notifications", note how many times and how long the idiot spent searching the forums for posts to groan, chuckle to myself over his petty obsession and then...MOVE ON.

It doesn't affect my ability to post..my ability to ridicule the little turd or any other function I enjoy here, so what's the big deal?

Let the baby highlight for everyone how he's incapable of anything other than hiding in the shadows behind his troll name, desperately spitting his impotent little groans that ultimately mean less than nothing.

The little chickenshit spent over an hour searching the forums for posts of mine to groan last night...HOW SAD IS THAT?

ZappasGuitar
07-20-2013, 11:02 AM

yeah we hear the noise of the rattle but at least the baby isn't crying all the time

That's exactly what they are...a toy for the infantile.

Rune
07-20-2013, 11:02 AM
How about a time limit on groaning posts....prick spammers like the Dude and some others search back and groan posts that are 6-8-10 months old and more....
you can post 3 times in one day and have 50 to 100 groans for that day .... its crazy and they're unless.
Either debate or shut the fuck up.

No you lying retard, there is a one month limit on groans. :facepalm:

Minister of Truth
07-20-2013, 11:09 AM
BRING BACK REPUTATION!!

Cancel 2020.1
07-20-2013, 11:09 AM
That's exactly what they are...a toy for the infantile.

They CAN be, but most people here have used them at one time or another; and most people aren't infantile.

Sometimes, a post is so bad that it's not worthy of much of a response; a groan can be a good way of just expressing that.

If they get rid of groans, I plan on crying censorship.

Minister of Truth
07-20-2013, 11:30 AM
No, Lorax, most people are infantile.

Legion Troll
07-20-2013, 11:33 AM
No, Lorax, most people are infantile.

DDD RESEMBLES THAT REMARK!!

Howey
07-20-2013, 11:36 AM
How about Legion Troll quits groaning everyone or we all leave and go to my board?

It's hilarious that Legion Troll complains about fucking groans when he initiated the groan test by groaning live posts incessantly since day one. And yes, I've tried to reciprocate with groans but that's not me.

QUESTION FOR THE MODS.

HOW IS IT THIS ENTITY SHOWS UP RIGHT AFTER DAMN YANKEE IS BANNED?

Know what? I'll be at my forum. See ya when he's permanent banned.

Anyone need the addy pm me..

cancel2 2022
07-20-2013, 11:36 AM
darla sucks at voting and voted to keep but she actually wants them gone. so mentally remove 1 vote from keep and add one vote to get rid of

Did she claim it was a hanging chad?

Legion Troll
07-20-2013, 11:37 AM
I'm done here until Legion Troll is gone.

third time you said it, just do it and stay gone

Howey
07-20-2013, 11:46 AM
third time you said it, just do it and stay gone

I'm sick of this mod-approved trolling any more. Please join me. I'm done here until Legion Troll is gone.

How about Legion Troll quits groaning everyone or we all leave and go to my board?

It's hilarious that Legion Troll complains about fucking groans when he initiated the groan test by groaning live posts incessantly since day one. And yes, I've tried to reciprocate with groans but that's not me.

QUESTION FOR THE MODS.

Anyone need the addy pm me.

Rune
07-20-2013, 11:46 AM
Did she claim it was a hanging chad?
Do you have a hanging chad?

Minister of Truth
07-20-2013, 11:51 AM
DDD RESEMBLES THAT REMARK!!

Threedee made that remark you dumbfuck.

Rune
07-20-2013, 12:00 PM
Threedee made that remark you dumbfuck.

Seriously? Too young for the 3 stooges?

PostmodernProphet
No you lying retard, there is a one month limit on groans.

there's a one month limit on how often you can have sex.....

Don Quixote
maybe we should suspend groans until legion troll is banned or becomes a grownup

PostmodernProphet
07-20-2013, 12:01 PM
somebody ban Howie for spam advertising his board......

evince
07-20-2013, 12:02 PM
limit his and others groans to a amount per time frame

PostmodernProphet
maybe we should suspend groans until legion troll is banned or becomes a grownup

yeah, because only liberals are allowed to do that.....

evince
compromise

its the adult thing

Howey
07-20-2013, 12:03 PM
somebody ban Howie for spam advertising his board......

I'm sick of this mod-approved trolling any more. Please join me. I'm done here until Legion Troll is gone.

QUESTION FOR THE MODS.

Anyone need the addy pm me..

Minister of Truth
07-20-2013, 12:08 PM
Seriously? Too young for the 3 stooges?

It doesn't work the way he did it. Not a Stooges fan, though. I love slapstick, but they are a bit much for my taste.

Cancel 2016.11
07-20-2013, 12:11 PM
First of all, anyone who thinks they are actually upsetting someone because they clicked a little button at the bottom of a post thousands of times is completely delusional.

I log in these days to find my usual compliment of groans from the YurTroll and I wonder just what he thinks he's accomplishing?

I click on "notifications", note how many times and how long the idiot spent searching the forums for posts to groan, chuckle to myself over his petty obsession and then...MOVE ON.

It doesn't affect my ability to post..my ability to ridicule the little turd or any other function I enjoy here, so what's the big deal?

Let the baby highlight for everyone how he's incapable of anything other than hiding in the shadows behind his troll name, desperately spitting his impotent little groans that ultimately mean less than nothing.

The little chickenshit spent over an hour searching the forums for posts of mine to groan last night...HOW SAD IS THAT?

Zappa I love this post. You may have changed my mind.

evince
07-20-2013, 12:16 PM
man zappa you actually made me feel sorry for spit boy

BRUTALITOPS
07-20-2013, 01:12 PM

QUESTION FOR THE MODS.

Anyone need the addy pm me.

for the love of god dude please take your meds.

Voted4Reagan
07-20-2013, 01:38 PM
For the love of Pete...

Do you think it makes ONE IOTA of difference to me if someone groans me? I couldn't care any less!

The amount of anxiety that some of you display because someone groans you is absolutely ridiculous.

Grow up... who cares...I dont groan anyone and never will. Those that have to show displeasure by using a groan button instead of actually engaging in a constructive debate are certainly not intellectual Giants.

Howey... Put on your big girl panties and deal with it.. You groaned plenty here.. over 1500 of them.

You are a prime offender... get a grip and grow up.. Correct your own behavior before you try and correct anyone else.

Maybe if you show some respect you'll get it in return.

cancel2 2022
07-20-2013, 02:19 PM

Howie really is just a big girl's blouse!!

Howey
07-20-2013, 03:06 PM

Why are you too scared to answer the questions? Why do you and Billy get your rocks off over Yurt, or DY, trolling the entire forum? Fuck you.

BRUTALITOPS
07-20-2013, 03:44 PM
Why are you too scared to answer the questions? Why do you and Billy get your rocks off over Yurt, or DY, trolling the entire forum? Fuck you.

listen retard.

remember why yurt left?

It was because he had a major disagreement with me and annoyed the piss out of me. You think I am just ready to defend yurt?

We just banned DY a few days ago for violating one of our most important rules. You think we just ban people for 4 months only to let them back the next day?

We aren't "getting our rocks off"

legion isn't doing anything against the rules. You are complaining about something not against the rules.

But I take peoples complaints seriously, which is why this thread and this poll exists.

You don't run the show here howey. We aren't going to ban people just because you say so. We don't make up the rules as we go along.

/MSG/
07-20-2013, 03:46 PM
I think we should ban Howey for being terminally retarded.

canceled.2021.1
07-20-2013, 04:05 PM

I 1,000,000,000,000% agree.

I would vote democrat if you banned his toxic ass

canceled.2021.1
07-20-2013, 04:05 PM

I will never talk about abortion again

canceled.2021.1
07-20-2013, 04:06 PM

I will put Obama Rules in my signature.

canceled.2021.1
07-20-2013, 04:07 PM

BAN HIM!!!!!

DO IT!!!!!

I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU!!!!!!

Legion Troll
07-20-2013, 04:09 PM
didn't howey say he would leave and not come back unless i got permanently banned?

canceled.2021.1
07-20-2013, 04:24 PM
didn't howey say he would leave and not come back unless i got permanently banned?

If Grind had a nickel for every time she said she would leave and never come back.

Kind of pathetic how desperate she is for attention.

Legion Troll
07-20-2013, 04:28 PM
If Grind had a nickel for every time she said she would leave and never come back.

Kind of pathetic how desperate she is for attention.

how many times TODAY has homo howey posted that we was leaving and wouldn't come back unless i was banned?

ZappasGuitar
07-20-2013, 05:00 PM
how many times TODAY has homo howey posted that we was leaving and wouldn't come back unless i was banned?

Well geez.

You're the one masquerading as Angry McGroanypants, so maybe you can tell us how many times he said it.

Just go on one of your obsessive groanfests...

USFREEDOM911
07-20-2013, 05:02 PM

Are you calling Topspin/The Dude and Rune, infantile? :eek2:

USFREEDOM911
07-20-2013, 05:04 PM

I assume we are talking about Tom here, so all the more.

Groan on bitches.

That was awful rude of you, to call Desh a pussy.
OH-Well.

USFREEDOM911
07-20-2013, 05:19 PM

The fucking liar, fucking lied; AGAIN. :palm:

Cancel 2018. 3
07-20-2013, 05:23 PM
what is truly funny about this thread is that Rune...groaned me 100 times in one hour...topspin has never beat that record

USFREEDOM911
07-20-2013, 05:24 PM
This entire thing reminds me of the same whining about the Reputation feature.

:lol:

Cancel 2018. 3
07-20-2013, 05:24 PM

i don't want to know

everyone knows howey the faggot is a liar

don't forget...howey is the one who said calling someone a faggot is ok, so SF, grind can stfu

Timshel
07-20-2013, 07:06 PM
If the douchebag can't use them properly then we might as well get rid of them. He makes them and the thanks useless as he buries any signal with the noise.

PostmodernProphet
07-20-2013, 08:08 PM
We don't make up the rules as we go along.

well to be fair, nobody had a poll to talk about getting rid of groans when we complained about Toppie.....so it sort of looks like you're making up rules as we go along......

PostmodernProphet
07-20-2013, 08:09 PM
I 1,000,000,000,000% agree.

I would vote democrat if you banned his toxic ass

in your next city wide election, right?........

Phantasmal
07-20-2013, 08:15 PM
listen retard.

remember why yurt left?

It was because he had a major disagreement with me and annoyed the piss out of me. You think I am just ready to defend yurt?

We just banned DY a few days ago for violating one of our most important rules. You think we just ban people for 4 months only to let them back the next day?

legion isn't doing anything against the rules. You are complaining about something not against the rules.

But I take peoples complaints seriously, which is why this thread and this poll exists.

You don't run the show here howey. We aren't going to ban people just because you say so. We don't make up the rules as we go along.

I thank the mods for their effort.

I will just ignore the groans and the poster.

SmarterthanYou
07-20-2013, 08:29 PM
getting groans simply means that i'm living rent free in someones head.

BRUTALITOPS
07-20-2013, 09:02 PM
well to be fair, nobody had a poll to talk about getting rid of groans when we complained about Toppie.....so it sort of looks like you're making up rules as we go along......

we got more broad complaints, including from mott, darla (who is my favorite) and a few others. so it wasn't just conservative crocodile tears.

Minister of Truth
07-20-2013, 11:59 PM
Anyone reputable?

PostmodernProphet
07-21-2013, 06:02 AM
we got more broad complaints, including from mott, darla (who is my favorite) and a few others. so it wasn't just conservative crocodile tears.

obviously...it was liberal crocodile tears......

cancel2 2022
07-21-2013, 06:49 AM
listen retard.

remember why yurt left?

I have been trying to tell people for months that Howey does think he runs the show, the man is a menace.

PostmodernProphet
07-21-2013, 09:33 AM
I have been trying to tell people for months that Howey does think he runs the show, the man is a menace.
I think he seriously believed he had replaced Darla in Grind's mind......

Rune
07-21-2013, 09:55 AM
It doesn't work the way he did it. Not a Stooges fan, though. I love slapstick, but they are a bit much for my taste.

Why doesn't it work that way?
Just because you don't want it too?

Cancel 2018. 3
07-21-2013, 10:18 AM
listen retard.

remember why yurt left?

i didn't leave because of you grind.

thanks for putting howey in his place, hopefully he will stop trying to run the board and stop the over zealous complaining.

Cancel 2018. 3
07-21-2013, 10:21 AM
Well geez.

You're the one masquerading as Angry McGroanypants, so maybe you can tell us how many times he said it.

Just go on one of your obsessive groanfests...

it cracks me up how you claim groans don't bother or effect you, yet...you constantly complain about groans.

ZappasGuitar
07-21-2013, 11:33 AM
The fucking liar, fucking lied; AGAIN. :palm:

I understand your concern...a few hundred more and he'll be close to catching the all time record for lies to other posters that you've held since last year.

ZappasGuitar
07-21-2013, 11:35 AM
i don't want to know

everyone knows howey the faggot is a liar

don't forget...howey is the one who said calling someone a faggot is ok, so SF, grind can stfu

Still just as incapable of speaking to others without resorting to the same tired insults and cowering behind the same pathetic excuses, eh Yurtsie?

Some things never change.

ZappasGuitar
07-21-2013, 11:40 AM
it cracks me up how you claim groans don't bother or effect you, yet...you constantly complain about groans.

"Constantly"...right.

I'd ask you to back up that nonsense with some proof...

But everyone learned a looooooong time ago...Yurt don't do proof.

You just have to take his word for it or go to hell.

Cancel 2018. 3
07-21-2013, 12:16 PM
Still just as incapable of speaking to others without resorting to the same tired insults and cowering behind the same pathetic excuses, eh Yurtsie?

Some things never change.

hilarious, you don't say boo about howey calling me a faggot

still the same dishonest jerk...yep...some things never change

BRUTALITOPS
07-21-2013, 12:23 PM
gonna call this poll at the end of the day est

Rune
07-21-2013, 12:34 PM
gonna call this poll at the end of the day est
Can we have a poll as to whether you should have Zimmermans ugly face as your avatar? eITHER THAT OR MAKE IT SO mODS CAN BE IGNORED.

Bad enough USAFREEDOM has chosen to emulate you (for which you should be ashamed.)

You are being divisive to the entire country with your overt racism and ignorance.

tekkychick
07-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Can we have a poll as to whether you should have Zimmermans ugly face as your avatar? eITHER THAT OR MAKE IT SO mODS CAN BE IGNORED.

Bad enough USAFREEDOM has chosen to emulate you (for which you should be ashamed.)

You are being divisive to the entire country with your overt racism and ignorance.

I agree. That avatar has even kept me out of his thread about cooling off the animals.

BRUTALITOPS
07-21-2013, 12:39 PM

well i dont care what you think. zimmerman was the victim and it brings me a lot of happiness to see him smiling, triumphing over the liars.

but if you use adblock you can just right click my avatar and block it.

/MSG/
07-21-2013, 12:41 PM
I agree. That avatar has even kept me out of his thread about cooling off the animals.

You mean MY THREAD?

ZappasGuitar
07-21-2013, 12:42 PM

No kidding.

They are purposefully being antagonizing, but then in the very next breath they ask for the help of those they've been antagonizing for the past week.

BRUTALITOPS
07-21-2013, 12:43 PM
No kidding.

They are purposefully being antagonizing, but then in the very next breath they ask for the help of those they've been antagonizing for the past week.

and howey having an avatar with crosshairs isn't antagonizing? Deal with it, we have different points of view. You don't see me crying about howeys avatar.

ZappasGuitar
07-21-2013, 12:53 PM
and howey having an avatar with crosshairs isn't antagonizing? Deal with it, we have different points of view. You don't see me crying about howeys avatar.

Actually, the first sentence of your reply was you whining about Howey's avatar.

/MSG/
07-21-2013, 12:54 PM
This should help Zap
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_UVPacgpIQLc/TJ6NohCxmEI/AAAAAAAACSI/wUqUNojQNPI/s400/no-more-tears.jpg

Rune
07-21-2013, 12:57 PM
well i dont care what you think. zimmerman was the victim and it brings me a lot of happiness to see him smiling, triumphing over the liars.

but if you use adblock you can just right click my avatar and block it.

You are just saying that to sound tough to your conservatard buddies. Deep down you know I am right.

Some day, when you stop being frightened of me, you will want some of my pineapple chunk brownies (25% thc), and you will be sorry.

Cancel 2016.11
07-21-2013, 01:00 PM
You are just saying that to sound tough to your conservatard buddies. Deep down you know I am right.

Some day, when you stop being frightened of me, you will want some of my pineapple chunk brownies (25% thc), and you will be sorry.

Well wait a minute...pineapple brownies loaded with pot, and you are giving them to grind? Why him? He is ungrateful like most people his age, and he has an added propensity for self-involvement. Screw him.

Steelplate
07-21-2013, 01:04 PM
Well wait a minute...pineapple brownies loaded with pot, and you are giving them to grind? Why him? He is ungrateful like most people his age, and he has an added propensity for self-involvement. Screw him.

Yeah really...I'll PM you my address....I don't smoke the stuff anymore...but I hear that when injested, the effect is quite nice....just kidding about the PM, BTW...for any DHS/DEA/FBI/CIA lurkers that may or may not be members of this site...whew....close one.

Cancel 2016.11
07-21-2013, 01:07 PM
Yeah really...I'll PM you my address....I don't smoke the stuff anymore...but I hear that when injested, the effect is quite nice....just kidding about the PM, BTW...for any DHS/DEA/FBI/CIA lurkers that may or may not be members of this site...whew....close one.

LOL

Rune
07-21-2013, 01:10 PM

Don't worry Dude, in the State Grind and I live in, pot is legal.

/MSG/
07-21-2013, 01:12 PM

Not federally it isn't.

Rune
07-21-2013, 01:12 PM

Sorry Dear, it is pineapple chunk pot, added to brownies. Extremely effective.

Cancel 2016.11
07-21-2013, 01:13 PM
Sorry Dear, it is pineapple chunk pot, added to brownies. Extremely effective.

LOL I was wondering why you would add pineapple to brownies. I am not too swift obviously. That was very funny though.

Steelplate
07-21-2013, 01:23 PM

Not in mine.

philly rabbit
07-21-2013, 01:24 PM
also I am not trying to be douchey by putting something like this to a vote, but a few people have complained, and I don't really want to stirp a feature if most people actually like it or dont mind it.

The more groans you get, the more good points you are making.

This is not a social networking site, this is a political board and this is war.

Although I've never thanked or groaned anybody here, I'd be a little uncertain that I wasn't getting my message across about my political convictions and principles if lefties here never gave me any groans.

Rune
07-21-2013, 01:26 PM
Not federally it isn't.

I don't think the feds are going to hunt me down for a nickel bag of weed.

/MSG/
07-21-2013, 01:28 PM
I don't think the feds are going to hunt me down for a nickel bag of weed.

No, but they'll keep it on file for when they need it. And then it won't be a nickle bag. It's gonna be a couple pounds, you drug dealer you.

Cancel 2018. 3
07-21-2013, 01:43 PM

25%....:whoa:

Cancel 2018. 3
07-21-2013, 01:45 PM
Actually, the first sentence of your reply was you whining about Howey's avatar.

zappas once again ignores a lefties action/avatar and only cries and moans about a "righties" avatar

your double standards are amusing and what is truly funny, is that you actually believe you don't have a double standard

BRUTALITOPS
07-21-2013, 04:23 PM

um no. Pointing out your hypocrisy does not mean I am whining about howeys avatar. I don't care about it at all.

Howey
07-21-2013, 05:20 PM
zappas once again ignores a lefties action/avatar and only cries and moans about a "righties" avatar

your double standards are amusing and what is truly funny, is that you actually believe you don't have a double standard

I tried to find a pic of your mother in a bullseye but no luck. Yet.

Minister of Truth
07-21-2013, 07:38 PM
Like: Howey's avatar.

Dislike: Grind's, USF's, Legion Fag's avatars.

tekkychick
07-21-2013, 09:08 PM

I hadn't really noticed Howey's because it's much smaller than yours. Yours really stood out due to its large size.

But you're right, Howey should change his avatar as well.

I did the adblock on yours; good tip.

Steelplate
07-21-2013, 09:09 PM

I don't like either really...Zimmerman is neither hero or monster.

BRUTALITOPS
07-21-2013, 10:08 PM
k poll is over.

Raw Totals:

Keep - 15
Lose - 10

voted4reagan voted to get rid of, but he's not on the master list so his vote doesn't count.

Keep - 15
Lose - 9

Darla meant to vote to lose them.

Keep - 14
Lose - 10

Keep wins.

/MSG/
07-21-2013, 10:09 PM
The system works.

SJJRSJJS
07-22-2013, 12:24 AM

Pros:

Cons:

annie
aoxomoxoa
BAC
beefy
bfgrn
billy
boris the animal
callinectes
cawacko
charver
christiefan
classic liberal
crashk
damo
darla
disillusioned
don quixote
dungheap
evince
Grind
howey
I love america
iolo
leaningright
jarod
mott
nova
obfuscate
philly rabbit
postmodernprofit
professor baxter
racerx
rana
rationalist <-- Brent
rune
sedan
signalman
socratease
sjjrsjjs
smarterthanyou
steelplate
superfreak
susiecutzpah
taichiliberal
tekkychick
thing1
threedee
tinfoil
usfreedom
watermark
winterborn
yurt
zappasguitar

Tie goes to keeping it.

I think the "Groans" kind of show what side of the poltical "board" the Forum posters are from, so I vote to keep them. I had been away for a few years and after I came back, I hardly knew/remember who was whom politically, but after I posted something politically controversial, the Groans cleared up the "ID" of Libs and the Conserves. I get lots of "Groans", so I am a happy camper, knowing that I "touched" someone, no pun intended.

USFREEDOM911
07-22-2013, 01:36 AM

Tough shit, peanut. :)

Cancel 2016.11
07-22-2013, 04:06 AM
k poll is over.

Raw Totals:

Keep - 15
Lose - 10

voted4reagan voted to get rid of, but he's not on the master list so his vote doesn't count.

Keep - 15
Lose - 9

Darla meant to vote to lose them.

Keep - 14
Lose - 10

Keep wins.

Okay. Thanks for putting it to a vote.

Steelplate
07-22-2013, 04:12 AM
Okay. Thanks for putting it to a vote.

Yeah, it never hurts to see which way the wind's blowing.

Voted4Reagan
07-22-2013, 05:48 AM
Why doesn't my Vote Count?? just curious as it really doesn't matter.

Personally I think groaning a persons post is rather infantile. You can express displeasure with debate of the issue.

Something that is lacking in many areas here.

Rune
07-22-2013, 05:52 AM

LOL

I took VFR off ignore just to groan his post but then promptly re-ignored him.

PostmodernProphet
07-22-2013, 05:56 AM
Why doesn't my Vote Count?? just curious as it really doesn't matter.

Personally I think groaning a persons post is rather infantile. You can express displeasure with debate of the issue.

Something that is lacking in many areas here.

I wouldn't have counted your vote because you've been here less than a month.......

BRUTALITOPS
07-22-2013, 10:26 AM
I wouldn't have counted your vote because you've been here less than a month.......

this ^

Cancel 2018. 3
07-22-2013, 10:27 AM
I tried to find a pic of your mother in a bullseye but no luck. Yet.

wow...so now you're threatening my mom...how mature

Howey
07-22-2013, 10:27 AM
Now that Yurt and his alter ego, Legion Troll, are gone the problem seems to have miraculously been solved.

Cancel 2018. 3
07-22-2013, 10:29 AM
poor howey...can't stop obsessing about me

he sees me everywhere on the internets....

Howey
07-22-2013, 10:42 AM
poor howey...can't stop obsessing about me

he sees me everywhere on the internets....

Nah...your "buddy" at USMB keeps me in touch. lol.

Cancel 2018. 3
07-22-2013, 10:45 AM
Nah...your "buddy" at USMB keeps me in touch. lol.

good lord, you have people spying on me at other boards

damn...you're more obsessed than i thought

Howey
07-22-2013, 10:48 AM
good lord, you have people spying on me at other boards

damn...you're more obsessed than i thought

lol. He volunteered.

Now keep on groaning, Legion Troll. It makes you a MAN.

lol...now go swallow down a Twinkie.

evince
wheres you little friend that you say you are not?

evince
has anyone ever seen them here at the same time?

Cancel 2018. 3
07-22-2013, 10:53 AM
your obsession is not healthy

Howey
07-22-2013, 11:02 AM

Never. Now lets see if Yurt signs out and back in as Legion Troll

Minister of Truth
07-22-2013, 11:14 AM
Legion accomplished his goal of trolling Zimmermann. He's clever enough to exit with Yurt's entrance.

USFREEDOM911
07-22-2013, 12:14 PM
wow...so now you're threatening my mom...how mature

That's because he hates his own mom and projects that hate on others.

USFREEDOM911
07-22-2013, 12:16 PM

Kind of like you and Darla!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

anatta
07-22-2013, 12:17 PM
groan-worthy? *as in Seinfeld's sponge -worthy*

PostmodernProphet
07-22-2013, 01:57 PM

has anyone ever seen Desh and common sense here at the same time?.....

Crashk
07-22-2013, 05:31 PM
I think if you groan you should have to say why you groaned, and not just the usual conservative argument of...'you're an idiot' response.

PostmodernProphet
07-22-2013, 05:34 PM
I think if you groan you should have to say why you groaned, and not just the usual conservative argument of...'you're an idiot' response.

why can't we use the truth?.....

BRUTALITOPS
07-22-2013, 06:48 PM

that defeats the whole purpose of them - to quickly and effortlessly disapprove of a post

Rune
07-22-2013, 08:17 PM
Legion accomplished his goal of trolling Zimmermann. He's clever enough to exit with Yurt's entrance.

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean no one is out to get you.

Minister of Truth
07-22-2013, 11:35 PM

See, we used to be able to do this with Reputation. Whenever you gave/subtracted Rep from someone you could write "You da man!" or, alternatively, "Fuck you, yuh stupid prick!!"

/MSG/
07-23-2013, 12:19 AM
See, we used to be able to do this with Reputation. Whenever you gave/subtracted Rep from someone you could write "You da man!" or, alternatively, "Fuck you, yuh stupid prick!!"

I'm fighting to bring rep points back.

Minister of Truth
07-23-2013, 12:46 AM
Onward, Reputable Soldier!

Cancel 2016.11
07-23-2013, 06:06 AM
I'm fighting to bring rep points back.

I liked those way better than groans. I used to love being able to make comments.

BRUTALITOPS
07-23-2013, 10:19 AM
maybe we should bring back rep points O_O

And I wont devalue the currency this time.

Voted4Reagan
07-23-2013, 10:34 AM
I wont groan or Neg/Rep anyone...

serves no purpose

/MSG/
07-23-2013, 12:50 PM
maybe we should bring back rep points O_O

And I wont devalue the currency this time.

Grind, I HAVE to devalue them. What fun is power if I can't about abuse it?

canceled.2021.1
07-26-2013, 04:25 AM

you're an idiot

Canceled.2014.1
07-26-2013, 04:40 AM
I have always found it funny that people get so worked up about being groaned.

iolo
07-26-2013, 06:31 AM
I have always found it funny that people get so worked up about being groaned.

Mob law and lynching always went down well with the majority. Who cares about truth or sense, after all? - they are no fun compared with bullying.

Canceled.2014.1
07-26-2013, 06:54 AM
Mob law and lynching always went down well with the majority. Who cares about truth or sense, after all? - they are no fun compared with bullying.

If you are comparing the Groans here to mob law and lynching, you are an idiot. The Groans mean nothing. They have absolutely no effect on what anyone posts or on your time here. You can't say that about mob law and lynching, now can you?

iolo
07-26-2013, 07:07 AM
If you are comparing the Groans here to mob law and lynching, you are an idiot. The Groans mean nothing. They have absolutely no effect on what anyone posts or on your time here. You can't say that about mob law and lynching, now can you?

What do they mean then? Intelligent criticism? Sensible argument? How many black Americans do you have on here, for instance? How many intelligent people? How many nutty bullies? A proper proportion of the population? Think it through.

Canceled.2014.1
07-26-2013, 07:15 AM
What do they mean then? Intelligent criticism? Sensible argument? How many black Americans do you have on here, for instance? How many intelligent people? How many nutty bullies? A proper proportion of the population? Think it through.

We have an inordinate amount of assholes. But that has nothing to do with the groans. It has to do with the way the owner and mods allow more freedom here than on any message boards I have visited. The groans do nothing. They are not a factor. Consider that most threads are loaded with name-calling and derogatory remarks. Do you think those have no effect and the little groan is the problem?

I don't know how many blacks we have on here. And neither do you. They would have to choose to reveal they are black, and even then it is just their word. Do you actually think the groans repel blacks??

iolo
07-26-2013, 07:40 AM
I used to enjoy the old Argue with Everyone site, and as far as I am concerned, anything goes if I am free to answer back. Groans, though, are institutionalised bullying. What on earth is the point of them? If people could kick me in the testicles or shoot me down with a machinegun, would that be some sort of argument for the kicks?

Canceled.2014.1
07-26-2013, 10:43 AM
I used to enjoy the old Argue with Everyone site, and as far as I am concerned, anything goes if I am free to answer back. Groans, though, are institutionalised bullying. What on earth is the point of them? If people could kick me in the testicles or shoot me down with a machinegun, would that be some sort of argument for the kicks?

You are still comparing actions which cause physical pain or death with the simple posting of a groan. It is ridiculous. It is not bullying. It is virtually nothing.

iolo
07-26-2013, 11:00 AM
You are still comparing actions which cause physical pain or death with the simple posting of a groan. It is ridiculous. It is not bullying. It is virtually nothing.

If it is nothing, what is the use of it?

Canceled.2014.1
07-26-2013, 11:01 AM
If it is nothing, what is the use of it?

Absolutely no use whatsoever. Which is why it wouldn't matter if it were thrown away.

The worst that it does is show that someone doesn't like either you or your post. But it is not anonymous. Everyone can see who groaned you.

Howey
07-26-2013, 11:19 AM
At their worst, when used as a way to troll by Yurt and Legion Troll Yurt, they were a pain in the ass. Nothing more.

evince
07-26-2013, 11:35 AM
what was done to make them stop this behavior ?

its stopped

cancel2 2022
07-26-2013, 11:40 AM
At their worst, when used as a way to troll by Yurt and Legion Troll Yurt, they were a pain in the ass. Nothing more.

I love that Yurt is back, if for no other reason than it pisses you off so much.

tekkychick
07-26-2013, 11:49 AM

its stopped

guess they finally got bored?

PostmodernProphet
07-26-2013, 11:50 AM

its stopped

in Topspin's case, he was banned....though for a reason that had nothing to do with groaning....

Cancel 2018. 3
07-26-2013, 12:01 PM

its stopped

ask rune why he stopped groaning posters a hundred at a time...

evince
07-26-2013, 12:22 PM
what you and the turd in your pocket?

Grindsdaddy
07-26-2013, 12:25 PM
what you and the turd in your pocket?

We don't need to hear about your clothes.

So say we all.

evince
07-26-2013, 12:26 PM
man you and that turd sure do a lot of talking to each other

evince
07-26-2013, 12:26 PM
Oh dude nooooo

don't French kiss that turd anymore

Grindsdaddy
07-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Please stop talking to yourself.

So say we all.

Phantasmal
07-26-2013, 12:53 PM
Okay, this troll is not funny, you should let it die.

Grindsdaddy
07-26-2013, 01:06 PM
Why don't you kill yourself, after all, you are not funny.