PDA

View Full Version : Here we go Again!

evince
08-23-2006, 11:01 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/08/22/international/i002007D28.DTL

evince
08-23-2006, 11:03 AM
Israel Helicopters, Tanks Move Into Gaza

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

(08-22) 00:20 PDT GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) --

Israeli soldiers backed by helicopter gunships, tanks and armored personnel carriers, moved into Palestinian-controlled areas near the main Israel-Gaza cargo crossing on Tuesday, conducting house-to-house searches and arrests.

Five Palestinians were wounded moderately, including three Hamas militants, medical officials said. Three Palestinians were arrested, security officials said.

The military confirmed an operation near the Karni crossing but wouldn't divulge its objectives. In the past, Israeli troops have searched for tunnels being dug by militants near the crossing.

"They took two of my cousins and asked them about fighters, tunnels and many other issues," said farmer Ahmed Helles, 65, whose olive trees were being uprooted by Israeli military bulldozers as part of the operation.

"I was waiting for the harvest, which was to start next month, to pay for the marriage of my grandson, but the bulldozers are destroying my hopes," Helles said.

Separately, in southern Gaza, the Israeli army moved into farmlands near the town of Khan Younis, firing machine guns into the fields after calling on farmers to evacuate the area, Palestinian security officials said. Cameramen filming the operation said they came under fire but were not wounded.

The army had no immediate comment.

evince
08-23-2006, 12:22 PM
You guys dont really like to talk about current events anymore?

LadyT
08-23-2006, 12:25 PM
You guys dont really like to talk about current events anymore?

actually I think I've talked more about politics on this board than I used to at the other board.

uscitizen
08-23-2006, 12:30 PM
Desh, sorry but this was an expected event. bolton stalling in the UN has given the Israelli military time to regain some "face" in their country.

Sir Evil
08-23-2006, 03:55 PM
Desh, sorry but this was an expected event. bolton stalling in the UN has given the Israelli military time to regain some "face" in their country.

LOL, Bolton again eh? I think the process of the peace keeping truce was already made, what is bolton doing now to hold it up? is he holding back the forces that were to be put in?

uscitizen
08-23-2006, 07:39 PM
Watch, read, listen and learn Evil one :)

Damocles
08-23-2006, 07:49 PM
I think the whole French promise of 2 troops pretty much killed it. It didn't need any of Bolton's special magic.

Sir Evil
08-23-2006, 07:52 PM
Watch, read, listen and learn Evil one :)

I have done so citizenpops, and thus far I learned that the majority have one way views here, if ya have an opposing one well then you are automatically in wrong... So tell me maestro, what's to learn, the right way according to the gang here?

uscitizen
08-23-2006, 08:25 PM
Darn you are sounding more like dixie every day.
I have one way vews on each issue. It gets kinda confusing when one person has more than one view on the same issue.
I think a lot of us are wondering what your views are ?

Sir Evil
08-23-2006, 09:20 PM
I think a lot of us are wondering what your views are ?

I kinda figured that was figured out after my first post here, no? Well I guess all I can say to that is....Watch, read, listen and learn pops!

klaatu
08-24-2006, 07:34 AM
I have done so citizenpops, and thus far I learned that the majority have one way views here, if ya have an opposing one well then you are automatically in wrong... So tell me maestro, what's to learn, the right way according to the gang here?

Learning quick ..arent you ;)

Sir Evil
08-24-2006, 07:36 AM
Learning quick ..arent you ;)

Yes I am! what I am learning though is open to discussion depending on who you talk to.

klaatu
08-24-2006, 07:47 AM
Yes I am! what I am learning though is open to discussion depending on who you talk to.

If you want to talk about gang bang mentality .. just look at my post from yesterday ... "What is the driving force of Islamic Jihad"

For days now we have the lefty's on this site posting one post after another slamming the Israelites and American Christians ... so I set this up to see what kind of reaction I would get ... and I C&Ped this list from the most secular source I could find ... an Atheist Website ....

Boy oh boy did they come out in droves!! By the end of the day I was turned into Joe Mccarthy and America was no longer a Secular Nation ...

Damocles
08-24-2006, 07:51 AM
If you want to talk about gang bang mentality .. just look at my post from yesterday ... "What is the driving force of Islamic Jihad"

For days now we have the lefty's on this site posting one post after another slamming the Israelites and American Christians ... so I set this up to see what kind of reaction I would get ... and I C&Ped this list from the most secular source I could find ... an Atheist Website ....

Boy oh boy did they come out in droves!! By the end of the day I was turned into Joe Mccarthy and America was no longer a Secular Nation ...
Why do you hate America? Atheist! ;)

tranquill
06-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Israelis blocked the Sufa again - now with farmers! Look here:

http://samsonblinded.org/news/kibbutzniks-try-to-block-sufa-crossing-again-2247