PDA

View Full Version : Republicans learn lessons why doesn't LIEberman??

robdastud
08-23-2006, 07:49 AM
Wallace had previously indicated he would stay in the race despite the party's snub.

"What I am choosing to do at this time is unite with the Republican Party behind one candidate," Wallace said at a news conference. "There is no way that two write-in candidates could win. It would be very difficult and divisive to the Republican Party."

Sekula-Gibbs applauded Wallace's decision. "I'm very pleased that Mayor Wallace has looked into this carefully and he has made the right decision to come and be a team player and now we are going to go forward and win in November," she said.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/08/22/delay.sreplacement.ap/index.html

definently not a sore loserman here!!!

uscitizen
08-23-2006, 08:05 AM
Some republicans have not learned, and lieberman is apparently one of those.

robdastud
08-23-2006, 08:09 AM
thats funny US.

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-23-2006, 09:43 AM
LMAO.... The man is LEADING the race, and you guys think he should do the "noble" thing and kiss the DNC's ass???? After the way they treated him.... After essentially blackballing him from the party.... After pouring millions of George Soros' money into getting him defeated in the primary.... What the fuck are you smoking?

Cypress
08-23-2006, 09:49 AM
LMAO.... The man is LEADING the race, and you guys think he should do the "noble" thing and kiss the DNC's ass???? After the way they treated him.... After essentially blackballing him from the party.... After pouring millions of George Soros' money into getting him defeated in the primary.... What the fuck are you smoking?

The man is LEADING the race, and you guys think he should do the "noble" thing and kiss the DNC's ass???? After the way they treated him....

You really should try Honesty sometime. You just might like it ;)

The "DNC", and virtually all leading democrats, from Bill Clinton, to Barbara Boxer, to Chris Dodd, endorsed and supported Lieberman in the Democratic primary.

Oh, and the race is a statistical tie now. Lieberman is not "ahead" in the most recent polling.

uscitizen
08-23-2006, 09:57 AM
I guess dixie would still support McCain if McCain started supporting hillary ?

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-23-2006, 10:07 AM
The man is LEADING the race, and you guys think he should do the "noble" thing and kiss the DNC's ass???? After the way they treated him....

You really should try Honesty sometime. You just might like it ;)

The "DNC", and virtually all leading democrats, from Bill Clinton, to Barbara Boxer, to Chris Dodd, endorsed and supported Lieberman in the Democratic primary.

Oh, and the race is a statistical tie now. Lieberman is not "ahead" in the most recent polling.

Every poll I've seen, Lieberman leads. George Soros and MoveOn.Org contributed millions to Lamont, if you deny this, you are the one being dishonest. Hillary and Kerry both went on record stating they would support whoever won the primary, and neither endorsed Joe, if you claim otherwise, you are lying.

Lieberman is leading the race, and all you hear is Democrats clamoring on how he should get out of the way and let Lamont win. The Liberal Wacko Wing of the Democratic Party, threw the guy under the bus and pissed on him, and continue to piss on him, while questioning why he isn't kissing their asses, and speculating that even if he wins, he will still be kissing Democratic asses. I've got news for you, the Democrat Wacko's just shit in their lunch pail, and it's going to come home to roost in November.

Now, you can't ever "un-fuck" this fuckup, you have to live with it, but really, you look completely silly groveling and begging Joe to back out and let the Wacko Lamont win by default. In the first place, the leader of the race has no reason to quit, and Joe has never been much of a quitter. In the second place, Joe doesn't owe you or your left-wing radicals ANY favors, or mercy on your pathetic souls.

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-23-2006, 10:10 AM
I guess dixie would still support McCain if McCain started supporting hillary ?

False. In order to "still support" someone, you must first support them, and I have never supported McCain, and don't plan to. As far as I'm concerned, he is part of the problem with the Republican party today, he is the leader of the "Moderate Pack" that has prevented a Republican Congress from passing Conservative legislation the past 6 years.

robdastud
08-23-2006, 10:12 AM
dixie i loved your post, its funny, but lets also talk about big BIG union who was supporting LIEberman, and lets not forget all those campaigne contributions LIEberman received. If anyone was getting big money, it was LIEberman. and honestly dixie its a statistical tie, Lamont closed in on an 11pt gap a month ago within 1-2% pts.

robdastud
08-23-2006, 10:13 AM
False. In order to "still support" someone, you must first support them, and I have never supported McCain, and don't plan to. As far as I'm concerned, he is part of the problem with the Republican party today, he is the leader of the "Moderate Pack" that has prevented a Republican Congress from passing Conservative legislation the past 6 years.

so you want a tight fit, rather than a big tent? You want more of the Religious Right to take over the republican party is that what your saying?

uscitizen
08-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Dixie, of course every poll you see, you only watch Pox and listen to Rush and coulter :)
Broaden your horizons a bit and see a bit more of reality.

Note:
The Pox was a typo, but on review I thought it fit so I left it :)

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-23-2006, 10:40 AM
so you want a tight fit, rather than a big tent? You want more of the Religious Right to take over the republican party is that what your saying?

I don't recall ever mentioning the RR. How do you derive such nonsense from what I post? I will say this... If you are under the dillusion that anything other than a Social Conservative can get elected president in America, you need to take a good look at who has been elected. About the closest thing to a Social Liberal, was Clinton, and he had the black churches singing gospel tunes of praise for him as he bit his bottom lip and carried his Bible around. Even the Great Bill Clinton understood how important Social Conservativism is, in garnering a majority of votes. This is because, in spite of your beliefs, about 80% of America is clearly Socially Conservative, regardless of party.

LadyT
08-23-2006, 10:42 AM
This is because, in spite of your beliefs, about 80% of America is clearly Socially Conservative, regardless of party.

Is there a link to back this up or is this another "feeling" you have?

uscitizen
08-23-2006, 10:45 AM
I wish I had just a bit of Dixie's self assurance :)

Just a small dose though, I already have enough asshole tendancies.

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-23-2006, 10:51 AM
Dixie, of course every poll you see, you only watch Pox and listen to Rush and coulter :)
Broaden your horizons a bit and see a bit more of reality.

Note:
The Pox was a typo, but on review I thought it fit so I left it :)

Whatever. I don't really concern myself with polls, they really don't mean a lot, I just found it funny that Liberman is leading in the polls and all you pinheads are screaming that he should abandon the race... my question is, why the fuck would he want to do that, if he's leading the race? Okay, so you want to claim it's a "statistical tie" ...still.... why the fuck would Lieberman give up his career without a fight? To pay homage to the Great George Soros and the MoveOn Pinhead Nation for all their support and dedication? What fucking possible reason would Joe have to pull out of this race?

You are a bunch of scared little idiots who aren't even thinking before you post, in my opinion. You simply clamor for Joe to drop out, because you know damn well he can win and probably will win, and you want your little sicophant mouthpiece Lamont to win instead. Rather than being content with the will of the people, you want to force Joe out of the race so they don't have an option and you win by default, but politics doesn't work like that, and you just sound like an ignorant fool.

robdastud
08-23-2006, 10:53 AM
I don't recall ever mentioning the RR. How do you derive such nonsense from what I post? I will say this... If you are under the dillusion that anything other than a Social Conservative can get elected president in America, you need to take a good look at who has been elected. About the closest thing to a Social Liberal, was Clinton, and he had the black churches singing gospel tunes of praise for him as he bit his bottom lip and carried his Bible around. Even the Great Bill Clinton understood how important Social Conservativism is, in garnering a majority of votes. This is because, in spite of your beliefs, about 80% of America is clearly Socially Conservative, regardless of party.

dixie i wasn't trying to insult you as far as mentioning the RR thing i was just wondering if that was the direction you want the R's to go in is all.

robdastud
08-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Is there a link to back this up or is this another "feeling" you have?

in all honesty if i had to guess id say its 50/50 maybe.. MAYBE... 55/45 Social conservative.

LadyT
08-23-2006, 10:56 AM
in all honesty if i had to guess id say its 50/50 maybe.. MAYBE... 55/45 Social conservative.

I think 80% is skewed as well. That's why I was waiting for a link to the study that provided dixie with that statistic (LOL, as if he reads "studies")

uscitizen
08-23-2006, 11:04 AM
OHHH NOO, slammed by Dixie. It concerns me just about as much as one of the many mosquito bites I got last night. And they itch no more :)

uscitizen
08-23-2006, 11:05 AM
I think 80% is skewed as well. That's why I was waiting for a link to the study that provided dixie with that statistic (LOL, as if he reads "studies")
Only if those studies are done by a fellow Bushofascist.

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-23-2006, 11:17 AM

I didn't say that some poll or survey claimed this, and I didn't state 80% were card-carrying Social Conservatives. I said that "about 80%" of the country is Socially Conservative, regardless of party, and I believe this is true... it's my opinion, based largely on who we've elected to lead us, and how they have garnered our votes. Social Liberals struggle to get elected to national office, mainly because Mainstream America is not Socially Liberal. Does this vary to some degree, depending on the social issue? Of course! I'm not claiming it doesn't, but across the board, social conservatism wins out over social liberalism, and always has.

The vast majority of Republicans are Social Conservatives, this is why we always nominate a Social Conservative, and why Rudy will have a difficult time getting nominated in '08. I think that well over half of the Democrats are also Social Conservatives, and this is precisely why you always see the Dem candidate "running to the middle" as the general election approaches. They simply know they can't win without the social conservative vote. Americans have never elected a Social Liberal as president, at least not to my knowledge, and that speaks volumes to the point I am making here.

robdastud
08-23-2006, 11:21 AM
I didn't say that some poll or survey claimed this, and I didn't state 80% were card-carrying Social Conservatives. I said that "about 80%" of the country is Socially Conservative, regardless of party, and I believe this is true... it's my opinion, based largely on who we've elected to lead us, and how they have garnered our votes. Social Liberals struggle to get elected to national office, mainly because Mainstream America is not Socially Liberal. Does this vary to some degree, depending on the social issue? Of course! I'm not claiming it doesn't, but across the board, social conservatism wins out over social liberalism, and always has.

The vast majority of Republicans are Social Conservatives, this is why we always nominate a Social Conservative, and why Rudy will have a difficult time getting nominated in '08. I think that well over half of the Democrats are also Social Conservatives, and this is precisely why you always see the Dem candidate "running to the middle" as the general election approaches. They simply know they can't win without the social conservative vote. Americans have never elected a Social Liberal as president, at least not to my knowledge, and that speaks volumes to the point I am making here.

well to be honest i think the reason we have the situation we have is due to social conservatives so maybe they should rethink their options next time..

spiraling debt
wars out of control

but thats also part of the problem, social conservatives think they are right about everything, right about jesus, right about politics, right about god right about nearly everything, they wont compromise and will continue down the wrong track as noted by social conservative bush.

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-23-2006, 12:08 PM
well to be honest i think the reason we have the situation we have is due to social conservatives so maybe they should rethink their options next time..

spiraling debt
wars out of control

but thats also part of the problem, social conservatives think they are right about everything, right about jesus, right about politics, right about god right about nearly everything, they wont compromise and will continue down the wrong track as noted by social conservative bush.

Social Conservatism doesn't have a thing to do with the debt or war, rob. How can it be a reason for something it doesn't have anything to do with? That makes no sense whatsoever. We are generally talking about domestic policy, values, morals, decency... those kinds of things are what make up social conservatives, not fiscal or foreign policy, that's a different debate.

One of the most profound examples of American social conservatism, is in our views regarding partial-birth abortions. Go look at any study or poll, and you will find a resounding number of Americans oppose it. Why do some people abandon their staunch support for a "woman's right to choose" to oppose partial-birth? It is a degree of social conservatism. You can't take a poll to measure this, because some people might not consider themselves to be "social conservative" even though, they might very well hold a social conservative viewpoint on certain issues.

It seems to me, some non-thinkers want to pigeon-hole "social conservative" in the same definition of "religious right" and be done with it, and that isn't the case. You can't say, that because religious people are social conservatives, ALL social conservatives are religious wackos. It's stereotypical, it's intellectually dishonest, and it's somewhat bigoted in the way it is done. About 95% of this country associates itself with some belief in a Deity, and most of them will have some degree of social conservatism in their views.

LadyT
08-23-2006, 12:11 PM

Dixie Translation:

I pulled that stat out of my a$$.

Okay. That's all I needed to know.

robdastud
08-23-2006, 12:34 PM
Social Conservatism doesn't have a thing to do with the debt or war, rob. How can it be a reason for something it doesn't have anything to do with? That makes no sense whatsoever. We are generally talking about domestic policy, values, morals, decency... those kinds of things are what make up social conservatives, not fiscal or foreign policy, that's a different debate.

One of the most profound examples of American social conservatism, is in our views regarding partial-birth abortions. Go look at any study or poll, and you will find a resounding number of Americans oppose it. Why do some people abandon their staunch support for a "woman's right to choose" to oppose partial-birth? It is a degree of social conservatism. You can't take a poll to measure this, because some people might not consider themselves to be "social conservative" even though, they might very well hold a social conservative viewpoint on certain issues.

It seems to me, some non-thinkers want to pigeon-hole "social conservative" in the same definition of "religious right" and be done with it, and that isn't the case. You can't say, that because religious people are social conservatives, ALL social conservatives are religious wackos. It's stereotypical, it's intellectually dishonest, and it's somewhat bigoted in the way it is done. About 95% of this country associates itself with some belief in a Deity, and most of them will have some degree of social conservatism in their views.

Dixie, i'll 100% give you the partial birth abortion debate, definently i think most americans hold the same view as that is a disgusting practice. even with regard to the deity even me as much as i cant' stand holyrollers, i have no definitive answer to that question. have you been doing drugs dixie you've been actually bringing up good points today. :)