PDA

View Full Version : Hillary right on!!! Joe shoulda taken a lesson from her...

robdastud
08-23-2006, 07:48 AM
when your a senator your job is to do what you can for your state... New York is hillary's. and she is trying to get the money to NY.

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton is holding up renewal of the primary federal law that battles HIV/AIDS, the 1990 Ryan White Act, causing a rift among activists on the subject and threatening approval of the legislation this year.

Clinton (D-N.Y.) said she opposes the measure because it would lower funding for her home state. But some AIDS groups also see broader political motives at work. Other states that would lose out include California, Florida and Illinois -- all places Clinton would need to win if she seeks the presidency. Her critics also note that many of the states that would receive higher funding under the new formula are rural and southern, which tend to vote Republican.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14473426/

furthermore AIDS tends to be a bigger problem in the major cities... IE NYC, SF, etc...

on a side note don't the southern states get enough of Northern Tax dollars??

Cancel7
08-23-2006, 07:54 AM
Absolutely! I applaud her for this. We in the NE all know that we are footing the bill for the lay-a-bouts in states like Mississippi (gets back 1.86 cents for every dollar sent to the feds). Enough already. Cut them off!

Let them get a job!

robdastud
08-23-2006, 07:59 AM
Absolutely! I applaud her for this. We in the NE all know that we are footing the bill for the lay-a-bouts in states like Mississippi (gets back 1.86 cents for every dollar sent to the feds). Enough already. Cut them off!

Let them get a job!

exactly or let them use THEIR tax dollars...

Cypress
08-23-2006, 09:08 AM

There should be statues of FDR all across the south.

Prior to the 1930s, the south was virtually a third world county. Impoverished and economically isolated from the rest of the country. FDR brought them into the 20th century, with large scale projects like rural electrification, public works projects, dams and hydroelectric power. He broought them up to the level of a first-world developed country :)

Cancel7
08-23-2006, 09:11 AM

There should be statues of FDR all across the south.

Prior to the 1930s, the south was virtually a third world county. Impoverished and economically isolated from the rest of the country. FDR brought them into the 20th century, with large scale projects like rural electrification, public works projects, dams and hydroelectric power. He broought them up to the level of a first-world developed country :)

Yet they think him a commie and vote for those who would undo his works.

And then, when you say, DA-MNNN, those rednecks is d-u-m-b...they jump all over you and accuse you of being a bigot.

Cypress
08-23-2006, 09:23 AM
Yet they think him a commie and vote for those who would undo his works.

And then, when you say, DA-MNNN, those rednecks is d-u-m-b...they jump all over you and accuse you of being a bigot.

LOL

I think the southern mythology of FDR: "The commie" is a relatively recent phenomena. Probably post-civil rights and post-Roe v. Wade.

While southern Dixiecrats were entirely racists in the 1930s, there was a strong base of economic populism in the south back alos then. I'm pretty sure FDRs public works and public infrastructure programs were welcomed in the impoversihed south back then ;)

Cancel7
08-23-2006, 09:26 AM
LOL

I think the southern mythology of FDR: "The commie" is a relatively recent phenomena. Probably post-civil rights and post-Roe v. Wade.

While southern Dixiecrats were entirely racists in the 1930s, there was a strong base of economic populism in the south back alos then. I'm pretty sure FDRs public works and public infrastructure programs were welcomed in the impoversihed south back then ;)

Very true.

But I feel like doing some more redneck talk you know? It's been a while, and I get antsy for it. I need BillyBobMink, he was my fav redneck. I'll never forget the story he told about watching his cousin, RickyLeeMink, trying to start a gas barbeque.

uscitizen
08-23-2006, 09:46 AM
And the south got Bush elected ? Boy this is a logical world is it not :)