PDA

View Full Version : McCain trying to weasle out from his prior support of Bush's war!

Jarod
08-23-2006, 07:06 AM
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Republican Sen. John McCain, a staunch defender of the Iraq war, on Tuesday faulted the Bush administration for misleading Americans into believing the conflict would be “some kind of day at the beach.”

The potential 2008 presidential candidate, who a day earlier had rejected calls for withdrawing U.S. forces, said the administration had failed to make clear the challenges facing the military.

“I think one of the biggest mistakes we made was underestimating the size of the task and the sacrifices that would be required,” McCain said. “Stuff happens, mission accomplished, last throes, a few dead-enders. I’m just more familiar with those statements than anyone else because it grieves me so much that we had not told the American people how tough and difficult this task would be.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14475828/

uscitizen
08-23-2006, 07:35 AM
I used to like McCain before he became such a flip flopper and bush kisser.

Jarod
08-23-2006, 08:13 AM
I wonoder how many hypocritical Republicans will fall in line to support McCain, when if he were a Democrat they would call him a traitor and a terrorist lover....

uscitizen
08-23-2006, 08:27 AM
Rwemember McCain was against the war before he was for it. and now he is for it again ?

evince
08-23-2006, 08:48 AM
But wait didnt he lie about his service and have a black child?

Things Bush said about McCain in a campaign at one time.

I have no more respect for McCain

Damocles
08-23-2006, 09:18 AM
But wait didnt he lie about his service and have a black child?

Things Bush said about McCain in a campaign at one time.

I have no more respect for McCain
Because Bush lied about him? I don't get your argument there, Desh...