PDA

View Full Version : Clinton v. McCain, within the margin of error!

Jarod
08-22-2006, 12:18 PM
I am really shocked by this.

Dick Morris was on television last night. He really does not like Sennator Clinton but he said last night he would be suprised if she did not win, because of the shift in voter turn out it will cause among women.

The conservatives already have about max on voter turnout for conservative men... but voter turnout for liberal women is, according to him, very low. He thinks if Sennator Clinton runs, it will get out many who have never voted before to vote for her. I belive it will get many to come out just to vote against her, but according to Morris, those people are going to vote Republican anyway.

Jarod
08-22-2006, 12:19 PM
ooops... the link

http://pollingreport.com/

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-22-2006, 12:20 PM
McCain??????? LMAO!OOOO!O!OO!O!OOO!!!!OO!!OOO

You're kidding right?

IHateGovernment
08-22-2006, 12:21 PM
Bad news. No more of two families running our nation. 24 years of two family rule doesn't appeal to me.

Jarod
08-22-2006, 12:22 PM
You dont belive McCain has a chance at the Republican nomination?

Jarod
08-22-2006, 12:23 PM
Bad news. No more of two families running our nation. 24 years of two family rule doesn't appeal to me.

I agree, but it would be better than another social conservative in the mold of Bush getting elected...

Cypress
08-22-2006, 12:25 PM
Neither of them would be my choice for preze.

I think McCain is digging his own grave. He's been one of the biggest cheerleaders for the Iraq War around - and last sunday he said we should send MORE troops.

Iraq could be the albatross hanging around his neck in 2008.

maineman
08-22-2006, 12:26 PM
Even though I am not a big Hillary fan and hope she doesn't run...a Hillary- Barak Obama ticket would be intriguing. All those women voting and all those african americans.... wow

Jarod
08-22-2006, 12:31 PM
Neither of them would be my choice for preze.

I think McCain is digging his own grave. He's been one of the biggest cheerleaders for the Iraq War around - and last sunday he said we should send MORE troops.

Iraq could be the albatross hanging around his neck in 2008.

Agreed, but I think its a good bet those two will be our mainstreem choices for president in 08'. Given that choice I might go third party.

uscitizen
08-22-2006, 12:33 PM
How about another Clinton gore ticket, but with clinton as the VP ? Are we ready for a female pres yet ?
I have no problem with a woman pres, but I suspect many do.

Jarod
08-22-2006, 12:39 PM
How about another Clinton gore ticket, but with clinton as the VP ? Are we ready for a female pres yet ?
I have no problem with a woman pres, but I suspect many do.

I might vote for that ticket, especally if a Bush type were on the Republican side.

uscitizen
08-22-2006, 12:44 PM
I think that comb is the most viable for the demoncrats. Of course then the repubs would have to put Riceroni on their ticket to go fotr the female and black vote :)

Damocles
08-22-2006, 12:45 PM
I'm 100% done voting for legacies. If your daddy, husband, brother, sister, child, etc has been the President don't expect me to give you a vote for either P or VP. I'm done with that. From 300 Million people we can't find any other qualified candidates but from the elite legacy families? Rubbish!

Jarod
08-22-2006, 12:46 PM
Ricearoni has no chance with her ties to this whacko war.

IHateGovernment
08-22-2006, 12:48 PM
I guarantee both nominees will suck. Expect a Bush vs. Kerry type race.
Turd Sandwich vs. Giant Douche.

Jarod
08-22-2006, 12:48 PM
I'm 100% done voting for legacies. If your daddy, husband, brother, sister, child, etc has been the President don't expect me to give you a vote for either P or VP. I'm done with that. From 300 Million people we can't find any other qualified candidates but from the elite legacy families? Rubbish!

How can you say that 100%....

So if it was say Jeb Bush, and pretend his political ideology was identical to yours, versus say.... someone with the same political pholosophy as say Hitler and it was a close election in your state... you would not vote for Jeb?

IHateGovernment
08-22-2006, 12:50 PM
Unfortunately we probably would never have one president that fit with Damo's ideology let alone a family member of that president run.

Damocles
08-22-2006, 12:51 PM
I'll vote Libertarian again. I'm so very done with NeoCons...

Damocles
08-22-2006, 12:52 PM
How can you say that 100%....

So if it was say Jeb Bush, and pretend his political ideology was identical to yours, versus say.... someone with the same political pholosophy as say Hitler and it was a close election in your state... you would not vote for Jeb?
Yes. There are other people with political ideology equal to mine without having to create elite almost-royalty in this nation.

LadyT
08-22-2006, 12:52 PM

after the bush debacle, I've got similar feelings.

Jarod
08-22-2006, 12:57 PM
Id vote for the lesser of two evils in that case.

Damocles
08-22-2006, 12:59 PM
Hitler isn't running. I don't have to make that choice. Plus Jebbie doesn't have the same politics that I have. At least I have no evidence that he does.

robdastud
08-22-2006, 01:05 PM
Hitler isn't running. I don't have to make that choice. Plus Jebbie doesn't have the same politics that I have. At least I have no evidence that he does.

i could swear that jeb bush kills puppies....

Jarod
08-22-2006, 01:21 PM

I know, it was a what if!

Cypress
08-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Agreed, but I think its a good bet those two will be our mainstreem choices for president in 08'. Given that choice I might go third party.

We're jumping the gun here.

This is all media hype, and polling based on name recognition. The modern Democratic party has a history of often nominating dark horses. Candidates who were not well known, two years out from an election: Clinton, Carter, Dukkakis. It could very well be that there is a moderate Democratic governor out there, who is not currently well known, who could shake up the race.

The repubs are much more likely to nominate a conventional figure: one favored by the establishment and well connected to establishment insiders. I think they may be stuck with McCain.

Brent
08-22-2006, 01:25 PM
I am really shocked by this.

Dick Morris was on television last night. He really does not like Sennator Clinton but he said last night he would be suprised if she did not win, because of the shift in voter turn out it will cause among women.

The conservatives already have about max on voter turnout for conservative men... but voter turnout for liberal women is, according to him, very low. He thinks if Sennator Clinton runs, it will get out many who have never voted before to vote for her. I belive it will get many to come out just to vote against her, but according to Morris, those people are going to vote Republican anyway.

I know LIBERAL women who despise Clinton and would refuse to vote for her. I doubt Clinton has any chance of passing the 33 percent mark.

Damocles
08-22-2006, 01:31 PM
Other than his age I think McCain would make a fine candidate.

Jarod
08-22-2006, 01:35 PM

I dislike his recient support for the religous right.

IHateGovernment
08-22-2006, 01:41 PM
Thats playing politics Alex. But McCain has some unfortunate stances. That said I find him better than many canidates.

With a gun to my head to pick either McCain or Clinton I'd choose McCain.

Out of viable Republican canidates Hagel would be my favorite.

klaatu
08-22-2006, 02:03 PM

You are an idiot ... no two ways about it.. you talk straight out of your ass.

Mccain and the religous right? How about Mccain and Religous liberty you moron ...

klaatu
08-22-2006, 02:07 PM
I still say Hillary will not be the Nominee .... especially if Gore gets in the race ...and if Warner starts getting some big money .... which thus far he hasnt ...
Warner needs to start getting some National play ..once he does look out ...

I still maintain Gore/Warner vrs. Mccain/Gullianni

Damocles
08-22-2006, 02:16 PM

I recognize when people are playing politics.

klaatu
08-22-2006, 02:44 PM
I recognize when people are playing politics.

Yeah I know .. but the guy grates on my nerves because he lies sooo damn much ...

OrnotBitwise
08-22-2006, 02:53 PM
Even though I am not a big Hillary fan and hope she doesn't run...a Hillary- Barak Obama ticket would be intriguing. All those women voting and all those african americans.... wow
I do think that *someone* needs to generate some interest among those who don't vote. They, the non-voters, are the single largest plurality of the electorate: there's more of them than vote for any single candidate or party.

Hillary wouldn't be my choice either. And I really don't like the idea of the presidency being the brass ring in a pissing match between two families. Furthermore, I haven't voted Democrat in years. Many years.

Even with all that, I'd be tempted to vote for her. Shocking, but true. It's the female thing, you know. It's time and long past time. ;)

klaatu
08-22-2006, 03:19 PM
I do think that *someone* needs to generate some interest among those who don't vote. They, the non-voters, are the single largest plurality of the electorate: there's more of them than vote for any single candidate or party.

Hillary wouldn't be my choice either. And I really don't like the idea of the presidency being the brass ring in a pissing match between two families. Furthermore, I haven't voted Democrat in years. Many years.

Even with all that, I'd be tempted to vote for her. Shocking, but true. It's the female thing, you know. It's time and long past time. ;)

There needs to be more of a reason than that .. we are at a crossroads here Brother Ornot ...
We need to get a couple of technocrats in power .. people who recognize the need to go into certain directions ... Be it man or woman ..I dont really care.. but Hillary does not fit this bill.
We need people who are going to look at the crisis of energy square in the face and move on it ... Energy is our biggest issue ... solving this will one day get us out of the mid east cluster fuck.

OrnotBitwise
08-22-2006, 03:33 PM
There needs to be more of a reason than that .. Does there? Why? If neither of the major candidates represent my views to any great extent, I can either vote third party, as I usually do, or use my vote in support of one of the major candidates for other reasons.

I honestly believe that the fact we have not, even now, elected a female president is shameful.

we are at a crossroads here Brother Ornot ...
We need to get a couple of technocrats in power .. people who recognize the need to go into certain directions ... I agree. OTOH, I think that Hillary is, at heart, a technocrat. A policy wonk. She's just a two-faced policy wonk when it comes to pandering for votes.

Be it man or woman ..I dont really care.. but Hillary does not fit this bill. She's not my first choice either. Nor my second. Nor even my tenth. My guy isn't likely to be elected, however. That's the trouble with being an extremist: you have to learn to be phlegmatic about disappointment. And pinheads. ;)

We need people who are going to look at the crisis of energy square in the face and move on it ... Energy is our biggest issue ... solving this will one day get us out of the mid east cluster fuck.I'd rather Gore, if I absolutely *had* to pick a Dem. But Gore isn't going to run. I'm quite confident of that. I believe he likes what he's doing now too well . . . and doesn't want to clash with the Clinton bulldozer, either. I believe he's had enough.

klaatu
08-22-2006, 03:52 PM
Does there? Why? If neither of the major candidates represent my views to any great extent, I can either vote third party, as I usually do, or use my vote in support of one of the major candidates for other reasons.

When you put it like that .. , Thats more of a reason isnt it? Its not just because she is a woman .. ;)

I honestly believe that the fact we have not, even now, elected a female president is shameful.
I agree. OTOH, I think that Hillary is, at heart, a technocrat. A policy wonk. She's just a two-faced policy wonk when it comes to pandering for votes.
She's not my first choice either. Nor my second. Nor even my tenth. My guy isn't likely to be elected, however. That's the trouble with being an extremist: you have to learn to be phlegmatic about disappointment. And pinheads. ;)

I think we should have had a Woman President by now as well.. and believe me I have no problem supporting one.. its just that Hillary is not the one I will support.. and like you said.. the fact that she is a Clinton is one the reasons.. Im tired of this 2 family Monarchy.
I agree she is a smart lady .. but I really havnt heard too much out of her interms of Energy and the like.

I'd rather Gore, if I absolutely *had* to pick a Dem. But Gore isn't going to run. I'm quite confident of that. I believe he likes what he's doing now too well . . . and doesn't want to clash with the Clinton bulldozer, either. I believe he's had enough.

I just dont agree with this .. I believe he is going to run because he is so darn passionate about his work .. and from his own words.. there isnt a better position to be to get these things done than the Presidency ...

Cancel7
08-22-2006, 03:55 PM
Does there? Why? If neither of the major candidates represent my views to any great extent, I can either vote third party, as I usually do, or use my vote in support of one of the major candidates for other reasons.

I agree. OTOH, I think that Hillary is, at heart, a technocrat. A policy wonk. She's just a two-faced policy wonk when it comes to pandering for votes.
She's not my first choice either. Nor my second. Nor even my tenth. My guy isn't likely to be elected, however. That's the trouble with being an extremist: you have to learn to be phlegmatic about disappointment. And pinheads. ;)
I'd rather Gore, if I absolutely *had* to pick a Dem. But Gore isn't going to run. I'm quite confident of that. I believe he likes what he's doing now too well . . . and doesn't want to clash with the Clinton bulldozer, either. I believe he's had enough.

If that ends up to be the case, I am going to vote for Edwards. I will vote for Hillary in the primary only if the only other choices are as f'd up as she is on Iraq, in which case, her being a woman will come into play, but only all other things being equal. But if Edwards is in, and Gore isn't, I'll go for Edwards.

OrnotBitwise
08-22-2006, 03:59 PM
If that ends up to be the case, I am going to vote for Edwards. I will vote for Hillary in the primary only if the only other choices are as f'd up as she is on Iraq, in which case, her being a woman will come into play, but only all other things being equal. But if Edwards is in, and Gore isn't, I'll go for Edwards.
If I were a Dem and able to vote in the Dem primary, I'd probably do the same. ;)

I'm thinking of the general though. If it really does shake out as Clinton vs. McCain, I'm actually likely to vote Clinton. Kind of weird, since I actually like her less than I liked Gore, but that's politics for you.

OrnotBitwise
08-22-2006, 04:03 PM
I just dont agree with this .. I believe he is going to run because he is so darn passionate about his work .. and from his own words.. there isnt a better position to be to get these things done than the Presidency ...
Well, we'll know fairly soon. I kind of hope I'm wrong. For the record, I also don't believe that Condi Rice will run either: if I'm wrong on both counts you can gloat twice. :D

It will be one of the more interesting questions of this next year. Is Gore running or is he going to sit this one out?

klaatu
08-22-2006, 04:08 PM
Dont like Edwards at all .. from trial lawyer to a one term Senator who would have probably lost his seat ... and he came off like a hollow chocolate Easter Bunny during the campaign.

Cancel7
08-22-2006, 04:10 PM
If I were a Dem and able to vote in the Dem primary, I'd probably do the same. ;)

I'm thinking of the general though. If it really does shake out as Clinton vs. McCain, I'm actually likely to vote Clinton. Kind of weird, since I actually like her less than I liked Gore, but that's politics for you.

Oh yeah, no defintely I'm with you there. Under no circumstances would I vote for McCain, and if he were running against a Bush, I guess suicide would be an option.

I'll tell you Ornot though, I do not see McCain as the giant he once appeared. In fact, if you take the crazies out of the equation, I would say that Hagel would have it in an absolute walk, and I bet if you polled only Republican moderates and Republican leaning independents, it would be Hagel. So that primary is going to one very interesting show. We'll see if the nutbase gets their way this time around.

klaatu
08-22-2006, 04:11 PM

Well, we'll know fairly soon. I kind of hope I'm wrong. For the record, I also don't believe that Condi Rice will run either: if I'm wrong on both counts you can gloat twice. :D

It will be one of the more interesting questions of this next year. Is Gore running or is he going to sit this one out?

Im not so sure about Condi anymore .... I believe unless things turn around rather quickly.. Bush administration candidates arent gunna be worth much. :rolleyes:

Cancel7
08-22-2006, 04:12 PM
Dont like Edwards at all .. from trial lawyer to a one term Senator who would have probably lost his seat ... and he came off like a hollow chocolate Easter Bunny during the campaign.

He needed some seasoning, but he's far from hollow. I have always been very keen on his passion for poverty, which is an issue very close to my heart, and other than women's rights, probably the issue I am most passionate about.

And while he might have lost his seat then, he would not lose it now. My how the worm has turned in two years, no?

klaatu
08-22-2006, 04:15 PM
We'll see if the nutbase gets their way this time around.

Who is that ... the far left ? :D

klaatu
08-22-2006, 04:20 PM
He needed some seasoning, but he's far from hollow. I have always been very keen on his passion for poverty, which is an issue very close to my heart, and other than women's rights, probably the issue I am most passionate about.

And while he might have lost his seat then, he would not lose it now. My how the worm has turned in two years, no?

It has turned .. and this November will show us how far .....

About Edwards.. I paid close attention to him during the campaign and he just seemd very scripted to me. And as far as the seasoning thing goes.. wasnt this one of your major complaints about Bush ..the on the job training factor? Id hate to go in that direction again ....

Damocles
08-22-2006, 04:38 PM
Yeah I know .. but the guy grates on my nerves because he lies sooo damn much ...
LOL. Wow, a politician lying? I'm amazed and shocked, totally shocked...

:eek:

Cancel7
08-22-2006, 04:44 PM
It has turned .. and this November will show us how far .....

About Edwards.. I paid close attention to him during the campaign and he just seemd very scripted to me. And as far as the seasoning thing goes.. wasnt this one of your major complaints about Bush ..the on the job training factor? Id hate to go in that direction again ....

No, it wasn't one of my complaints at all. I thought him to be a disingenious POS since the first time I saw him, and that was when he held the press conference on the night Texas executed Karla Faye Tucker. I knew who he was of course, but I had not seen him speak at all. But I knew enough about electorial politics and the republican primary to understand that there was NO, ZERO, ,chance of his staying her execution, you understand? And then he came out, and I will never forget, in the most studied outfit you could imagine, it was a pullover sweater, and I swear to God his hair was all mussed up! And I said right then, they did that backstage, they wanted it to appear he was really torn about this decision, that it was a tough decision.

Of course, later I came to understand that it was Rove back stage mussing his hair. But then all Iknew was that I could smell a phony show when I saw one. And though I later would come to despise the man, it was from that moment that I knew I both didn't like him, and didn't trust him. It had nothing to do with his experience.

Cypress
08-22-2006, 04:57 PM
Honestly, I think Edwards is a bit of a lightweight.

I saw enough of him stumping on Cpsan during the primaries, to get a sense that, while he is intelligent and charasmatic, he doesn't have nearly the depth and breadth of knowledge to make me comfortable.

I guess I got spoiled by the clinton years. A chief executive, with an astonishing and almost technocratic knowledege and master of public policy.

I'm sick of stupid presidents, who don't have the breadth of knowledge to make good and informed decisions. And who are intellectually incurios.

I like Feingold.

evince
08-22-2006, 05:00 PM
Bill Richardson is bright but not good looking enough,I hate that that matters.

Cancel7
08-22-2006, 05:00 PM
Honestly, I think Edwards is a bit of a lightweight.

I saw enough of him stumping on Cpsan during the primaries, to get a sense that, while he is intelligent and charasmatic, he doesn't have nearly the depth and breadth of knowledge to make me comfortable.

I guess I got spoiled by the clinton years. A chief executive, with an astonishing and almost technocratic knowledege and master of public policy.

I'm sick of stupid presidents, who don't have the breadth of knowledge to make good and informed decisions. And who are intellectually incurios.

I like Feingold.

I have to see more of Feingold Cypress. I forgot about him. I never see that guy, he should get out more.

We'd all love to have a genius. Or at least, those of us not on the hard, anti-intellectual, I love beer! right would. And if I see one of em, I'll be happy to vote for them, believe me.

Damocles
08-22-2006, 05:02 PM
I'd just like somebody that could actually answer a question upon being asked without getting confused from his earpiece...

Cypress
08-22-2006, 05:02 PM
I have to see more of Feingold Cypress. I forgot about him. I never see that guy, he should get out more.

We'd all love to have a genius. Or at least, those of us not on the hard, anti-intellectual, I love beer! right would. And if I see one of em, I'll be happy to vote for them, believe me.

I think you'd love Feingold.

I admit, I'm a cspan junike. Otherwise, its hard to catch Feingold. The dude has got "it". The same "it" that clinton had.

Cypress
08-22-2006, 05:03 PM
Bill Richardson is bright but not good looking enough,I hate that that matters.

He'd probably be a great foreign policy president.

evince
08-22-2006, 05:08 PM
I just dont think America would elect a jewish president

evince
08-22-2006, 05:10 PM
Bill is a smart guy and has a real regular guy appeal to him ,hes just not good looking enough.

If he lost some wieght maybe?

Cypress
We're jumping the gun here.

This is all media hype, and polling based on name recognition. The modern Democratic party has a history of often nominating dark horses. Candidates who were not well known, two years out from an election: Clinton, Carter, Dukkakis. It could very well be that there is a moderate Democratic governor out there, who is not currently well known, who could shake up the race.

The repubs are much more likely to nominate a conventional figure: one favored by the establishment and well connected to establishment insiders. I think they may be stuck with McCain.

and like I said, outside the phony media hype of speculating about beltway insiders, lurk some democratic darkhorses:

Gov. Brian Schweitzer (D) of Montana is now the second most popular governor in the country and highest-ranked Democrat at 76%/18% approval/disapproval.

evince
I would love someone like fiengold to vote for myself though

Cypress
08-22-2006, 05:12 PM
Bill is a smart guy and has a real regular guy appeal to him ,hes just not good looking enough.

If he lost some wieght maybe?

Nixon and Poppy Bush weren't nice looking.

evince
08-22-2006, 05:16 PM
Nixon was long ago when it didnt nmatter as much.
The American puplic has been so TVised they cant see beyond it any more.

Poppy Bush was a decent looking man at the time.

Im not talking they have to have moviestar looks but I really think American cant see past the below average look anymore.

I would LOVE to be proven wrong on this by somone like Gov. Brian Schweitzer.

Jarod
08-22-2006, 05:18 PM
Klaatu.... wipe that egg off yet?

Jarod
06-08-2009, 02:50 PM

You do?

Damocles
06-08-2009, 02:53 PM
You do?
I think you should notice the first part of the sentence. Thank you for playing.

Jarod
06-08-2009, 02:54 PM
I think you should notice the first part of the sentence. Thank you for playing.

You belive his age is why he lost?

Damocles
06-08-2009, 02:56 PM
You belive his age is why he lost?
I believe that it effected his candidacy negatively, and by a large margin.

Things that I noticed.

When he walked around randomly during the debates. The old man whistle. The Shuffle.

All of these things will be noticed, at least sub-consciously, and effect how people think of him, how they'll receive his ideas.

I think he would have made a better candidate if he were younger and wish he had beaten Bush in the 2000 campaign.

Jarod
06-08-2009, 03:15 PM
I believe that it effected his candidacy negatively, and by a large margin.

Things that I noticed.

When he walked around randomly during the debates. The old man whistle. The Shuffle.

All of these things will be noticed, at least sub-consciously, and effect how people think of him, how they'll receive his ideas.

I think he would have made a better candidate if he were younger and wish he had beaten Bush in the 2000 campaign.

I agree with that, but bigger reasons he lost were Sarah Palien and the "emergency" he declared just prior to the first debate.

Cancel 2018. 3
06-08-2009, 03:25 PM
I agree with that, but bigger reasons he lost were Sarah Palien and the "emergency" he declared just prior to the first debate.

no, the liberal media shit on palin and shit on mccain's emergency trip to washington. obama get's elected and when he is president, there is *all of a sudden* an economic emergency that requires vast sums of money and a quick vote, else america is going to be in a worse economic state than the depression thus saith obama....

obama made some phone calls, mccain did his job and went back to washington. do you really think it mattered what mccain did? the media had their president and the sheeple like you bought it hook line and sinker

Socrtease
06-08-2009, 03:26 PM

And while he might have lost his seat then, he would not lose it now. My how the worm has turned in two years, no?and then it turned again on that philandering fuck. He would have lost in 08 even with all the Dem surge.

belme1201
06-08-2009, 05:01 PM
no, the liberal media shit on palin and shit on mccain's emergency trip to washington. obama get's elected and when he is president, there is *all of a sudden* an economic emergency that requires vast sums of money and a quick vote, else america is going to be in a worse economic state than the depression thus saith obama....

obama made some phone calls, mccain did his job and went back to washington. do you really think it mattered what mccain did? the media had their president and the sheeple like you bought it hook line and sinker

The "all of a sudden" was before Obama was elected. Must have the "vast sum" of money ($3/4 trillion) and a "quick vote" by Monday!, so "saith" bush/Paulson.
Palin shitteth upon herself, she was a lousy choice selected hastily for convenience to satisfy the Far Right and to split the women's vote, not for vaunted capability. Who was it that won the hearts of voters with a $150,000credit card spending spree?

DamnYankee
06-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Lets face it the GOP could have run Jesus Christ and he wouldn't have beaten Obama: it was time for an Affirmative Action presidency. It sucks that the guy had to be so pitifully inept and liberal and we'll all suffer like we did with Carter but we'll get through it.

Socrtease
06-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Lets face it the GOP could have run Jesus Christ and he wouldn't have beaten Obama: it was time for an Affirmative Action presidency. It sucks that the guy had to be so pitifully inept and liberal and we'll all suffer like we did with Carter but we'll get through it.
An Affirmative Action Presidency? That is conservative racist code for "he isn't qualified for the job but we had to vote for a darkie now!" If by qualified you mean he wasn't a life time politician which most of you right wingers decry then you are right, but the man is without a doubt one of the most intelligent men we have ever elected to that office. He has handled it very well given the circumstances he was handed on January 21. You may not like him but he is infinitely more equipped to handle the job than the failure you voted for in 2000 and 2004.

ib1yysguy
06-08-2009, 07:23 PM
An Affirmative Action Presidency? That is conservative racist code for "he isn't qualified for the job but we had to vote for a darkie now!" If by qualified you mean he wasn't a life time politician which most of you right wingers decry then you are right, but the man is without a doubt one of the most intelligent men we have ever elected to that office. He has handled it very well given the circumstances he was handed on January 21. You may not like him but he is infinitely more equipped to handle the job than the failure you voted for in 2000 and 2004.

Socrtease, speaking truth to idiocy for thousands of years.

DamnYankee
06-09-2009, 06:32 AM
An Affirmative Action Presidency? That is conservative racist code for "he isn't qualified for the job but we had to vote for a darkie now!" If by qualified you mean he wasn't a life time politician which most of you right wingers decry then you are right, but the man is without a doubt one of the most intelligent men we have ever elected to that office. He has handled it very well given the circumstances he was handed on January 21. You may not like him but he is infinitely more equipped to handle the job than the failure you voted for in 2000 and 2004.Why would that be racist? Its a liberal policy. Are liberals racist for wanting Affirmative Action?

Based solely on the number of umms and ahhs when his teleprompter goes down I don't see how any serious person can reasonable insist that Obama has much more than average intelligence never mind being the most intelligent.

Perhaps the students at UMass Amherst are peeing in the Quabbin Reservoir again and, as a consumer of that water in Boston it's having an affect on your judgment.

Jarod
06-09-2009, 07:58 AM

Blame the media, never accept personal responsability, the Republican Mantra!

Jarod
06-09-2009, 07:59 AM

Jesus would never have run on a Republican ticket.

charver
06-09-2009, 08:02 AM
Jesus would never have run on a Republican ticket.

I would have thought that a long-haired Jew, wearing sandals, would have a hard time attracting any sizeable degree of support during the Republican primary process.

Jarod
06-09-2009, 08:06 AM
I would have thought that a long-haired Jew, wearing sandals, would have a hard time attracting any sizeable degree of support during the Republican primary process.

Good point, even had he chosen to run as a Republican he would have found less support than Mitt Romney at a Southern Baptist Convention.

Damocles
06-09-2009, 08:07 AM
The Bible specifically states that long hair on a man is shameful, it is very doubtful that Jesus had long hair. Unless the apostles just like saying that being like Jesus is shameful....

charver
06-09-2009, 08:08 AM
The Bible specifically states that long hair on a man is shameful, it is very doubtful that Jesus had long hair. Unless the apostles just like saying that being like Jesus is shameful....

Come off it Damo, next you'll be saying that Jesus wasn't even white.

Jarod
06-09-2009, 08:08 AM

It does? What does it say? Old or new testament?

Damocles
06-09-2009, 08:09 AM
Come off it Damo, next you'll be saying that Jesus wasn't even white.
Yeah, he likely looked like a rather short Egyptian dude.

Damocles
06-09-2009, 08:10 AM
It does? What does it say? Old or new testament?
New testament, hence my reference to the apostles.

Jarod
06-09-2009, 08:12 AM
Ahh, somehow I missed that part, do you have a quote? Id like to see that.

charver
06-09-2009, 08:14 AM
Yeah, he likely looked like a rather short Egyptian dude.

That changes everything.

Egyptian looking midget Jew with a skinhead and a Mexican name.

That's Presidential gold right there.

Damocles
06-09-2009, 08:15 AM
1 Corinthians 11

4 Every man who prays or prophesies with long hair dishonors his head. 5 And every woman who prays or prophesies with no covering (of hair) on her head dishonors her head—she is just like one of the "shorn women." 6 If a woman has no covering, let her be for now with short hair, but since it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair shorn or shaved, she should grow it again. 7 A man ought not to have long hair...

It goes on to explain that because man is the image of God he shouldn't cover his head when he prays (short hair), but a woman should (long hair).

Jarod
06-09-2009, 08:15 AM
That changes everything.

Egyptian looking midget Jew with a skinhead and a Mexican name.

That's Presidential gold right there.

At the time his name was middle eastern I belive... Kinda like Barak Obama.

Jarod
06-09-2009, 08:17 AM
It goes on to explain that because man is the image of God he shouldn't cover his head when he prays (short hair), but a woman should (long hair).

Thanks.

blackascoal
06-09-2009, 08:39 AM
You guys cannot be serious.

Republicans aren't going to run McCain again and I'm surprised anyone would suggest such a thing.

The 2012 republican candidate wil be Mitt Romney who is already gering up.

They aren't really dumb enough to run Palin, thus Romney is all they have .. and he will go down to defeat because the religious nuts won't support him .. and they have no chance of beating Obama.

2016 becomes more interesting.

Damocles
06-09-2009, 08:43 AM
You guys cannot be serious.

Republicans aren't going to run McCain again and I'm surprised anyone would suggest such a thing.

The 2012 republican candidate wil be Mitt Romney who is already gering up.

They aren't really dumb enough to run Palin, thus Romney is all they have .. and he will go down to defeat because the religious nuts won't support him .. and they have no chance of beating Obama.

2016 becomes more interesting.
This was from before the election last year, it's an old thread that Jarod thought he could make "points" with because I said, "Other than his age, I think McCain would be a good candidate." before the election process had selected nominees. Basically I was saying that Fogeyman wouldn't be able to win, because of his age. Even if he was running against Clinton, she'd still appear very young and capable when standing next to Fogeyman.

blackascoal
06-09-2009, 08:46 AM
This was from before the election last year, it's an old thread that Jarod thought he could make "points" with because I said, "Other than his age, I think McCain would be a good candidate." before the election process had selected nominees. Basically I was saying that Fogeyman wouldn't be able to win, because of his age. Even if he was running against Clinton, she'd still appear very young and capable when standing next to Fogeyman.

Thanks .. I was confused.

Jarod
06-09-2009, 08:49 AM

I was not trying to make points.. just thought the perspective was interesting. I must have been right, because plenty of discussion has been stired..